(Close Window)
Topic: 20th century silk
I am new to silk magic and I am wanting to buy a 20th century silk effect. I have been looking at the P&A 20th century silk effect and have looked into buying it. I am wanting to know the difference between the 20th century silk effect offered by P&A and the cheaper version of the 20th century silk effect sold by other web sites? any help would be great. thanks
I have always found P&A to be consistent, luxurious and rich of feel --- deep and vibrant of color, easy to wash and most important -DURABLE.

This is not to say some other (I use a lot of OLD Silk King) manufacturers do not meet the standards -- and I hasten also to point out that sometimes Peter can be a pain to deal with BUT his love of silk perfection is as great as is Richard Hughes in feather flowers. Richard also has silks -- but I have not tried them but knowing his standards they must be good.

Wisely spending top $$$$ for silks is important if you expect to use them for a long run and part of your stable of tricks. Otherwise just keep getting and replacing the cheap ones as your interest drifts into new areas or tricks using different silks for cutesy effects seceral times a year rather than regularly.
Thanks for the help. I plan on using them as a opener in a stage show. I think I will go with the silks from richard hughes. I bought a goldfish effect from him earlier this summer. he was great to deal with and the craftsman ship on the effect was great. thanks
[quote]
On 2008-12-23 14:35, B Hackler wrote:
I am new to silk magic and I am wanting to buy a 20th century silk effect. I have been looking at the P&A 20th century silk effect and have looked into buying it. I am wanting to know the difference between the 20th century silk effect offered by P&A and the cheaper version of the 20th century silk effect sold by other web sites? any help would be great. thanks
[/quote]

Try this thread in Little Darlings

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=273456&forum=17&15&start=0#14

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=273456&forum=17&post=5721958

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander