(Close Window)
Topic: I read the Washington Post Magazine
So, Harley, when does the A&E special air?
This is such a hoot! I was in the wilds of central Virginia the other day, and a friend calls me up, demanding to know when I'm doing a DC area appearance, insisting that I MUST have one scheduled. I didn't know of any, but he insisted that there was a newspaper article about it. At my feet, was a pile of newspapers. I looked, and sure enough, there was the article. I had no clue that it was scheduled for publication, or indeed that it existed.

A number of years ago, I taped a couple of things for Mondo Magic. One was the burning rope straitjacket escape, and during the taping, a lot of things went wrong, from my perspective. That's another story, involving technical details that I wouldn't share in a public forum.

The other stunt, of which they only aired a few seconds, I call Harley on Harley, wherein a big motorcycle ends up parked on top of me, all on bed of nails. That day, I did my personal best, which was 2700 lbs. Ramps. Bike. People.

One of the people on the motorcycle was the author of the story. It's a nicely crafted piece! A couple of things are stretched, but only a little. I like it! Only now I wish I had a product to support the story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/12/AR2008121201973_2.html
Very nice press. Nice job on impressing too.
Love to hear the back story on the secret handshake one day.

Steve
I wish I could tell you the back story. It's a detail that was added, after the fact. I don't really know any secret stuff like that.
I guess that's why we should always distrust the media... Artistic license I suppose...
Well, this isn't really a NEWS article. It's that in-between zone that we love so well.

I can count on one hand, how many times I've been accurately quoted in newspapers. And I like this article anyway.
Yep, I like it too. And the added wow really does not mislead or misrepresent... just adds a bit of "howdhedodat" which even got me...

Any press is good press and this was good.

All be safe on New Years Eve...

Steve