(Close Window)
Topic: Hit The Road
Hey Guys,
I am actually really excited to have just realized that Lee Asher and Paul Wilson have FINALLY realeased 'Paul and Lee Hit the Road.'
You guys are in for one of the biggest treats since you have been in magic...really! I am a bit bummed out that some of this stuff is being released because it really is some of the best magic that hasn't been seen by many people.
First lets introduce the two main characters in this movie (Yes, it does teach tons of awesome tricks, but like '5 Card Stud' this is in somewhat of a movie format...combined with one insanely good magic video.)
Paul Wilson, in my opinion one of the best card magicians (and one heck of a good coin magician.) He can do some stuff that I have never seen anyone (or heard of anyone) doing before...not only that, he does it REALLY well....just to name one move he can do that completely blew me away-The ANTI-Faro. How many of us thought this was a myth? I didn't think it was possible, but after seeing Paul do it...I still don't believe its possible! Its absolutely amazing. For those who don't know what it is, it accomplishes the same as a reverse faro shuffle....but in only 2 actions, a card spring and a cut. Its that amazing! Not only that but Paul Wilson has some of the best sleight of hand technique around and has some excellent effects that play awesome for a real-world audience.
Next, Lee Asher-He has been an up and comming star in the magic community, it is hard to explain how talented he is with card magic. He makes sleight of hand moves look sooo smooth and natural (And flourishy as well!) If you haven't seen him before, go to http://www.leeasher.com
He IS AWESOME! Not only does he have great skill with cards, he also has a brilliant mind and he has created some excellent card effects, and I must mention that he has created not only some of the most revolutionary, but some of the best card sleights ever created. They are all diabolical techniques, and they ALL play unbelievably well for real-world people.

Lets talk about the video now:
Paul Wilson and Lee Asher go on a road trip and visit some of the best magicians of our time, and they stop to show of some of magics best kept secrets, one of them being the very skilled and creative Ashford Kneitel. He performs an awesome flourish (you will have to buy the video to see it) and teaches a very cool four queen production that looks VERY different from what most of you are used to.
WOW, I have already said to much, oh, and do you remember that brilliant coin magician that Dean Dill talks about on his 'Coin Magic 2000 video'? He is on the video and shows an awesome effect, he is none other than Peter Mui.
For those who still aren't convinced that this is not only possibly the best video of the year, but one of the better magic videos ever made I will mention one more word, Alain Nu. He teaches a very quick, visual routine that will fool you BADLY!
When I saw this routine, at the starting I was thinking 'why would he do such a lame routine on a Paul Wilson and Lee Asher Video' and then a couple seconds later I realized that what I thought to be a lame routine all of the sudden turned into THE BEST 'quickie' routine I have ever seen that doesn't use cards. When he starts the trick, you think you will know what is going on, until you realize he is doing a different effect and fooling you badly with something simple that you have never seen before and something that you won't believe you didn't think of earlier. It is a great routine, did I mention is uses a silk? Well, if I didn't mention that I surely mentioned that the routine is NOT WHAT YOU THINK! The routine is simply amazing.

It may seem as though I have told you a lot of what is on the video, but I will go ahead and say that Dan and Dave Buck (some of the most talented kids in the magic community) and Nathan Kranzo are also on it...and so are a bunch of other AWESOME magicians, and they each do a couple AWESOME routines.
The video is TOO GOOD to describe in words.
I don't know if it is being sold yet, but go to http://www.leeasher.com and email him and ask him for information on how to get the DVD. I think if you go straight through Lee Asher to buy the DVD he might be able to get you some special deal or hook you up with a little something, but you are going to have to buy the DVD to find out.
Trust me, you wont be dissapointed.
You will see some of the most famous magicians on this video, and you will see many up and comming magicians who will BLOW YOU AWAY.

Stop reading this after you read the next sentence:
GO TO http://www.leeasher.com AND BUY PAUL AND LEE HIT THE ROAD! don't do it for anyone except yourself, you are very likely to use EVERY routine or flourish (they are just quick little flourishes, but very good ones) that is taught on the video. This is top notch material, and I am surprised that some of the best magicians around teach some of their best routines on this video.

Sorry for making such a long post, but I need to do a little bit of justice to the DVD. When I saw it, I was BLOWN away. It was one of those DVDs that kinda changed my outlookon magic, because before seeing this video, I had not seen much magic that could compare to the greatness of many of the routines on this video.
This video is gonna be hot, so you better get it now before they are all sold out!

Good luck practicing the stuff on this video! You will not be dissapointed.

Sincerely,
Doug.
You've convinced me..getting it tomorrow :goof:
Im in!
I am Asher's fan and I am lucky that I got his autograph. I am going to get this for sure!(5/1/03)

(5/22/03)The DVD arrived and the long wait is over... I could not wait and watched it. Honestly speaking, the price of this video is way below it should be. It is a good magic video.

The only draw back is not all tricks in the video are taught (only 2 in this case.) It is only a tiny little flaw and it will not stop me to recommend anyone to get this video.
I did saw the demo video of 'Hit the Road' but it just show the highlight of who they met and what trick is explain in the menu.

I hope that they can convince us more in showing the highlight of the trick.

Symmatrix :firedevil:
I have just finished watching the DVD; It is AWESOME. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with it.

I will do my best to give you a more complete review of the DVD shortly.

I may also update the video demo to inlude a little tease as to more of its contents.

Take Care,

Peter Whiteman
peterw@magicproshop.com
I'm hoping for more than just explanations of some clever tricks on this. There are some big names on this DVD and I would love to hear them talk more about the philosophy and psychology of their magic. This looks fantastic. I think Wilson and Asher will definitely deliver.
I am getting this because it has the name "lee asher". Anything produced by lee is surely worth getting!!

Andrew
Wow!!! The reply sure is fast !!

Hope to hear some new updates..

You guys are too cool man..

Symmatrix :firedevil:
Nice review, MagicSponge! Sounds like a really cool DVD! Will be getting it soon. :D
Anyone else received their copy of "Hit The Road" yet? I would like to hear your reviews on it.

This DVD looks really cool...I'm seriously considering ordering it soon.
Bought it on Saturday and must say I have watched it over and over again, This DVD sets new standards in magic veiwing, not only is the material on it first rate the whole pakage is superb, worth getting just to hear tales of the Professor and the Magic Castle alone. And also being around 2 hours long it is fantastic value for money. The DVD menu is great letting you access any trick you want to remind yourself of instantly. David Regal teaches a great prediction, and so on. to sum up this has everything you could want on a film, humour performance and great new usable material. buy it now or you will regret it.

regards, Doc.
I got mine in the mail yesterday and will watch it tonight. I can't wait!
Thanks for the review Doc. "Hit The Road" is definitely the next DVD on my list!
By all the positive reviews this sure sounds like a must have for many.
Hopefully in the sequel they'll travel to Scotland and Spain... that would be awesome.

Maxim.
I just got the DVD and must say it is great. One question tough: Does Lee Asher actually teach the Peppermill Cut? I click the button in Explanations, but it only shows me the performance. Is it just my DVD? Thanks for your help.

Bumbleface :bikes:
I also ordered it from Hocus Pocus and should get it by Friday.I'm looking forward to watching it.No doubt it will be very good as I'm a Lee Asher fan. :magicrabbit:
No. Lee doesn't really teach the Pepermill cut but it does show it in slow motion which should be easy enough to go through slowly on a DVD player. By the way, has anyone mastered Buck's Molecule 2 production? I think it looks great and is one of the many highlights of the film? I am getting there but think I will need a few more days to get it every time.
Regards, Doc.
I love the format of the DVD. The chat sessions with some of the "greats" of magic are neat. I have to say that I watched the DVD at 1:00 am and made it through without dozing. Usually the normal teach a trick videos put me out faster than warm milk. Great product.

Brian
[quote]Usually the normal teach a trick videos put me out faster than warm milk. Great product.

Brian
[/quote]

This happens all the time when I watch teaching video at night, and I agree with you! :rotf:

I am still waiting the DVD and I hope that it will arrive next week... Can someone here tell me whether I can learn some good card tricks and flourishes in this DVD?
Glad you liked the DVD. As you know, it took us a LOT longer to produce than we had hoped for but Paul, Lee, Steve Beattie, and I spent a LOT of back and forth time, discussions, and work on this. Thanks to all of those who helped behind the scenes... many many people involved in this. I'm very proud of the way it turned out.

Tim Trono
Ambitious Card Freak, you can learn a TON of great card tricks and flourishes in this DVD. Lee Asher teaches his Yo! flourish, the Buck Twins have two great flourishy productions, as does Ashton Kneitel. And there is more from names like Earl Nelson, Steve Bean, and Allan Ackerman. Great flourishes and card tricks on this DVD! Worth it just for the performances. :bikes:
This DVD is full of great effects and some very cool flourish cuts. This is one of the best produced DVDs I have seen yet. Murphy's Magic Supplies produced this DVD and it is up to their normal HIGH standard.

Here are some of the effects on the DVD.
=======================================
Alain Nu vanishes a silk without the use of prosthetics

The Buck Twins tip two of their signature routines

Alan Ackerman fries another victim

Earl Nelson teaches a classic production from "Variations"

David Regal makes a baffling prediction

Dean Dill matrixes with anything you like

Ashford Kneitel finds four ladies with his "card compass"

Steve Beam spirals and slices

Nathan Kranzo makes coins vanish and appear without getting burned!

PLUS six excellent effects from Paul Wilson and Lee Asher A selection rises out of any deck-then finds its three mates!

A deck of cards ribbon spreads in mid-air!

The magician blows the whole trick-then recovers with a real kicker!

A pack seems to come alive as it is cut in the hands-yet nothing takes place!

Four aces are lost in the deck then found behind your back-instantly!

Four freely selected cards change-face-up-to the four aces!

==========================
I have also created a NEW video demo, availabe in both Quicktime and Windows Media format. I did my best to keep the files size down for the Dial-Up users but the files are still around 3MB.

Please let me know if you have trouble with the video demos.

==============================
NEW Hit the Road Demos
http://www.magicproshop.com/index.php?action=item&substart=&id=559
==============================

Peter Whiteman
peterw@magicproshop.com
http://www.MagicProShop.com
I have the vid and am disappointed. Parts were not very clear, and most were not taught from behind. The antics of Lee and Paul were corny, and I didn't think they were presentable at times. Lee stuffing his face with a donut was very gross.

As far as flourishes, the Bucks taught the TG Murphy deck flip which wasn't bad.

Lee's YO in my opinion isn't a flourish. It isn't useful for much of anything.

Like most magic videos, there was mostly unusable tricks, although I did enjoy two of them.

On the positive side, there was lots of content and discussions if you find those interesting.
Hey Magicsponge, not related to Paul or Lee are you? lol. Did you see this before it was released? You said;
"The video is TOO GOOD to describe in words.
I don't know if it is being sold yet, but go to.."
Just wondered how independent that review was if you were in a position to see it before it was released. Never seen such a gushing review. Sounds like it will be up for an Oscar next year.:)

However, I DID expect the DVD to be worthwhile. I stock in in the UK. But expect to sell out at Weston-Super-Mare this Sunday, The Bristol Day of Magic.

I guess I'm turning into a grumpy old sod with a dislike for hype.

Paul.
Well I just got it yesterday and after watching it I have to say I liked it. :magicrabbit:
I just got this one yesterday and watched it last night. Definitely my favorite DVD of the year. The magic is good, but the history captured is priceless. Jules Lenier's and Earl Nelson's stories of the old days at the Castle were personal favorites. Worth the price, and then some.
Not to Defend MagicSponge...

Paul says :<Hey Magicsponge, not related to Paul or Lee are you? lol. Did you see this before it was released? You said;
"The video is TOO GOOD to describe in words. I don't know if it is being sold yet, but go to.." Just wondered how independent that review was if you were in a position to see it before it was released. Never seen such a gushing review. Sounds like it will be up for an Oscar next year.>

Sponge got to see a copy in mid-August while I was in Canada (for camp that he attends) when it was still being edited.

Hope that clears up that question....

Cheers,
Lee Asher

ps. I am thrilled everyone is happy with this video. Thank you.
The video wasn't always clear. Learning sometimes was efficient but not in others.
Most was pretty boring to me and I needed a nudge to wake up, but maybe it's just because I'm not into the people or the stories.

There were really only two effects that could work in my opinion.

The navigation seemed quirky to me.

On the good side, were lots of variety and the pool guy was really cool.

Cardjinx

:magicrabbit:
For the video, I have to agree that it is NOT the greatest. Many lighting problems plague the DVD, and I was also turned off by their appearance and the way they handled themselves. Not professional. Reminded me of trailer park antics.

There was some interesting effects that I enjoyed. But all in all, I wished I kept my money. I was hoping for some great flourishes, but got none in return. TG Murphys move was good, the one the buck brothers used and taught. Yo is really a flourish?

This is my oppinion and review, take it or leave it. It is funny that when ever there is a less than positive review, people are accused of bashing. Just say "NO negative reviews of Lee Asher please". lol

J
re;
"Most was pretty boring to me and I needed a nudge to wake up, but maybe it's just because I'm not into the people or the stories."

Ahhh, but the stories are a piece of history. Full marks to Paul and Lee for trying to do a different type of video/DVD and offer a little of something for most close uppers.

Personally I am more interested in great tricks than great flourishes. I've not seen many peple get booked for a programme of flourishes. The interesting thing about the Café is that the reviews often tell you more about the reviewer than the product! :)

Yo? Well it ain't a trick so it must be a flourish :)

Paul.
I think you should view the DVD as a chance to go on the road with them. It is fun, not always clear, simply good entertainment. Much like any time I have spent with Lee...
So is this DVD top-heavy with flourishes? That's kind of the sense I'm getting. I'm not at all interested in flourishes. What I'm interested in are the stories, conversations, advice, and individual effects. Does it deliver in this?
Marko... I think it does. As the name implies this is a road trip with Paul and Lee visiting with some of the finest magicians on the West Coast of the USA. It was never meant to be or purported to be a DVD/video on flourishes and I am not quite sure why anyone would even expect that. In my opinion it contains some important historical interviews with the likes of Steve Forte, Earl Nelson, Bruce Cervon, Dean Dill, etc. It was made to be fun, to be different, etc. My hats off to Lee and Paul.

As an aside, I have to say that a review saying "I didn’t like it" doesn't really do anyone any good. Criticism is good because it makes us hopefully grow but criticisms with no backing, no explanation, no specifics is rather pointless and irresponsible. It happens so often on these boards one should get used to it but I think it is rather weak and unproductive to be so general.

Anyway, I think you would actually be interested in it Marko based on what you said.

Tim
Okay,
I own a magic shop in Fort Myers, so I get almost every DVD when they come out and view them. I also am not related to or have even met Lee Asher or Paul Wilson, but I do believe this DVD is the best DVD I have ever seen.

WHAT THE BEST YOU'VE EVER SEEN?? WHAT ABOUT *insert favorite Ammar video or other here*

Now on to my review, there are a couple routines here I found unusuable for me, but the majority are wonderful. Ackerman's is phenonmenal, as is Lee's, and the haunted card. I can't stress this video enough. It is not just flourishes, anyone who says this has simply not seen the video, there are a few flourishes, and I am glad there are, I like variety. But the majority are tricks. If you are on the fence, buy it. If you are at the point where you're convinced you won't like it, due to reviews, buy it. I have sold A LOT of these DVDs and NOT ONCE has ANYONE said they didnot like it. There is no other DVD that I would say that about, save Ammar's series, although this video takes you much deeper down the rabbit hole. I have two simple words for you, buy it. I believe so much in this video that I give it at a discounted price, because I want people to see it.

These are my two cents,

Joey Brummett
Fort Myers Magic and Entertainment
After reading it all after having annoyed Lee Asher with questions before and after the negaive reviews I definatly will be buying this I think the thing that sold me was the negative comments because I love stories I like seeing people less fake I am happy to hear the people on this video arn't smiling and wearing pirate shirts as they do there effects :) (No offence to the pirate shirt people though I know how it is)

I will be ordering mine as soon as me check comes in!

Take care,
Kyle
Hey if I were upset...I'd ask for my cash back.

I give a full refund to those that aren't satisifed with the DVD or Video as long as it was purchased from me. If you didn't purchase it from me...go ask you local magic dealer. Maybe he might be as generous as me.

Sorry if the DVD isn't your thing...I didn't really expect to satisfy 100% of the people. It was never my goal. My goal however was to shot something that was a lot of fun to watch, taught interesting material, and wasnt your standard magic project. If all this is against the law, I am guilty, arrest me and toss the key.

Look, you cant like everything. I don't like everything so its only natural to assume the same for others.

Chalk it up for a waste of your cash and resell that bad boy on ebay. There is nothing new here. Life is full of lessons....You just learned one.

Respectfully,
Lee Asher

GET IT RIGHT HERE AT http://www.LeeAsher.com
I have heard nothing but the best stuff about this from people who I truly trust and I can't wait to get my hands on in the mean time I will read this ongoing topic. Lee you willing to refund those unpleased with the video is more then generous and very sldom seen in the magic world cudos! This is but another reson to when possible buy directly from the artist.

Take care,
Kyle
Hmmm...I love his DVD for two reasons:

1. The performance of Dai Vernon's Four Ace Trick. That rocks.

2. The fact that I'm IN the video! See the explanation portion of "Hollywood Magic". I'm the tall, blond, balding fellow watching the demonstrator.

Buy this DVD! Make me famous.

Randy
It is on the way and I am EAGERLY awaiting it! :dance: :dance:
Haha! How can you miss Lee's stuffs??
I will buy his video, even it's nothing about magic... ^_^"

Michael Lam
Up front, I have to tell you that Lee Asher and Paul Wilson are two of my favorite people. "Hit The Road" is by far the best way to get a peek inside of the West Coast magic scene and more.

They take you into places nobody gets to go...
They show you things nobody gets to see...
You get to meet people nobody gets to meet...

They pulled out all of the stops, called in all of the favors and basically exhausted themselves in producing this whirlwind tour. It's not a training video, it's a living video. You do get to learn some really cool magic and hang out with "The Boys."

Their gas credit card bill alone is staggering...why not support their project and help pay their bills.

Who knows, maybe if they make a tiny profit they'll crank up the camera and take us all for another wild ride and "Hit The Road."

Support the boys and buy your copy directly from them! They fathered several children during the trip and they need the money. http://www.leeasher.com
OK now I'll take a bashing....

I like the DVD. I like what I learned. I like the amusing stories. But... I have a complaint. I sat down with some kids to watch this (it's a magic video - no harm right?) and the language that was used and the end bit with the breasts....I don't get it. Are we going to need to start having a rating system on magic videos? Maybe just a warning would have been appropriate. There was however a warning on the dvd just before the breat part (thank you!) no kids allowed at that point. But any kids buying this to check it out themselves will most likely find that an open invitation to keep viewing! (don't get me wrong it's not a woman exposing her breasts; quite the opposite - I think...) I have some magic DVDs, but not a ton. Is this common on instructional videos? I am not saying they had no right to have it on there, I am saying that I was a bit shocked but mostly confused - why is it on there? It doesn't make sense, to me anyway. I still like it - I give it 2 thumbs up, just odd about the other stuff.....
Hey all,

Thank you for the positive response I have been receiving from most of you privately and openly here in the forums about HIT THE ROAD. I just wanted to tell you if you missed the Magic Radio Show ‘two hour story telling’ about the making of HIT THE ROAD this last Monday, you can still hear it through archives. Click the link below to take you straight to the spot to hear the show. If you own the VIDEO/DVD, you have...no you must listen to it. If you don’t have the VIDEO/DVD yet, you still have to go and listen to the show! Go NOW!!!!

Here is the link.....

http://www.themagicradioshow.com/archive.cfm

Look for DOWNLOAD THE SHOW (It’s underlined) for the May 12th show. Click on it and you are in business!

Have fun listening to it...because we had fun talking about it.

Have I ever steered you wrong?

Asher
[quote]
On 2003-05-14 06:34, Bob Kohler wrote:

They fathered several children during the trip and they need the money. http://www.leeasher.com
[/quote]

:wow: :eek: What does that mean? :bg:
The DVD is one of the best I bought and I can't wait to see the second one released!!!
Lee and Paul, thanks for sharing with us!!!
Great jobbbbbbbbbbbb!!
I really enjoyed this DVD! There was a nice selection of material that was taught. These weren't filler tricks, but rather some strong magic. For example, Dean Dill walks you through his wonderful trick "No Extras" using ordinary objects and Dave Regal shows you a top-notch trick that you will probably carry with you (which takes up very little room in your wallet) from here on in.

Even if no tricks were taught, I would have still liked the DVD. Paul and Lee have the respect of the inner circle of magic, and therefore, they are able to go places and meet folks that most of us don't get to. Sure, you may see the big name magicians at conventions, or you may be able to see one of their shows; but to actually get a glimpse of what these guys' lives are like is a difficult thing to do unless your part of that inner circle.

I live right down the road from the Magic Castle, so I have the wonderful opportunity of seeing lots of great magic by some of the best. But I'm still very glad that I spent the time and money on this DVD. Hopefully these guys will take us on some more journeys!
Dean dill is GREAT!. I/m a fan ofhis incredible, I really mean "incredible" coin (sleights) magic. Now, John Carney helped him improve one of his Matrix (he does dozens on other videos). In this, four DIFFERENT objects (a coin, a cork, et.)c moe one at at ime to a central gathering place without card cover!! (OK; he uses his bare hands, Shadow Coin style, but no gimicks!. There is also a cute, different 4 ace quickie that looks like fun. Otherwise,I am happy to hear some dissenters; I thought perhaps I just had no appreciation for the finer things of life.) However, the Video IS fun and I have a lot more of it to see. For Me; the Dean Dill blaster is worth more than the entire price. I think (one man's opinion) it is FANTASTIC!

Marty K
Marty K
I have to say this the first dvd that I have purchase recently which I think is fantastic, the tricks are good. the only thing I could of done without is the 100,000 breast
I got it and I LOVE it! Tons of GREAT material on there....
Having finally dipped into this DVD, I can say it is well worth the money, and I haven't even seen it all yet!

The Haunted Card made me immediately think of Ken Krenzel's Eerie Card Spin Out from "The Card Classics of Ken Krenzel", an effect I used to do. Not sure which is the better method, they are fractionally different.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Matrix idea is very clever. Yep, this is a DVD worth owning.

Paul.
Okay, folks. There have been some positive notes and negative notes on this DVD. For those who don't own it, here's my review of the material taught on the DVD. There are a lot more other things on the DVD that are just a great and better at times, than the material. These include character interviews and performances from some of the knwons and unknowns. Though, for time's sake (the DVD is long and would we hard to review everything), I will give my OPINION on the material taught in the order it's presented on the DVD:

"Mish Mash Matrix" by Dean Dill: This is a "Chink-A-Chink" style matrix using only four different objects that can be done anytime, anywhere. It's a neat little effect and can be a great, little impromptu trick.

"The Lucky Seven" by David Regal: Like all of Regal's effects, this one fooled and amazed me, nonetheless. Bearing a resemblance to his "Self Evident" from Star Quality written by Harry Lorayne, this trick is just a strong "reputation-maker". Imagine a spectator dealing through a normal pack of cards, stopping on ANY card they wish, and there card matches a miniature prediction in your wallet. And no, there aren't fifty-two compartments. This is strong, and you're gonna love it!

"Resistance Is Feudal" by Lee Asher: Ladies and gentleman, another fooler and clean gem from Lee Asher. What if you could change ay four of a kind into the four aces? Well, if you add the word "visually", the is definitely a trick for you!

"Uprising" by Paul Wilson: A non-gimmicked card rise that climaxes in a visual production of all it's mates. Need I say more. Need I say all these phrases and lines that sound stupid and corny that are overused in ever living magic magazine review, etc. in this post! Well, sorry, but the ideas are that good!

"Haunted Card" taught by Earl Nelson: He says in the DVD that he learned it from Mike Skinner, who saw it from Joel Fisher, and Earl Nelson taught it in his book Variations. This is one of the coolest things on the DVD and is just a neat revelation. A card slowly project from the middle of a normal deck of cards on the table. Really nice production for any card magic routine.

"Tornado Production" by Ashford Neitel: This has to be one of the top, top highlights of this video. The man, not to well-known in magic, did one of the most amazingly flashy and visual pieces of magic I have ever seen. Get ready flourish guys (well, maybe not Cobra cutters' style)! Four queens just visually get produce from the deck in a crazy looking, in-the-hands, flourish cut! Well worth the practice!

"All Thumbs" by Alain Nu: Fine folks, not being an authority on silk magic, I really don't no what to say. The trick is okay, but I feel it's hard for the audience to understand and confusing at times during the presentation. I guess it may work in a silk routine, but I didn't like it as much as the other items on the tape, not being a silk guy.

"LJ visits BJ" by Allan Ackerman: This is another effect I didn't like as much, either. It's a combination of Larry Jennings' Visitor plot with a Brother John Hamman switch at the end, with an ending resembling a "Your Signed Card"-type thing, also by Brothen John Hamman. The problem with the effect was it was to complex and hard to think about. They're Jokers involved and Kings and a prediction and lots of weird, complicated stuff. I'd avoid this one, unless you want to confuse your spectators.

"Peppermill Cut" by Lee Asher: Though not taught, but showed in slow motion, this cut is a nice display for the middle of a card routine. It's not really a false cut, though it doesn't change the order of the cards. It's more of a cool display.

"Back Four" by Paul Wilson: Cool impromptu effect where you bury four aces in the pack abnd find them quickly behind your back. Not startling, im my OPINION, but it's a nice quick trick.

"Spiral Spliced Color Change" by Steve Beam: Interesting color change to play with. You need big hands to do it.

"Molecule Two Production" by the Buck Twins: Really neat-looking, flourish cut with a cool production. Worth it just to learn T.G. Murphy's Deck Flip!

"Apparation Aces" by the Buck Twins: With a wave of the arm, you make the four aces magically appear face up. A really cool in-the-hands ace production.

"Melting Coins" by Nathan Kranzo: Once again, not an authority on coin magic, but it is nice-looking coin production using a lighter.

"Punch Too" by Paul Wilson: Interesting "magician fails, then recovers" trick. Not a facoite, because I don't like sandwhich-type endings, but may work as an impromptu item for others.

"Yo" by Lee Asher: May not have looked as good as it could have on the presentation-side, but has the potential of being a really good attention grabber and as Lee Asher uses it, "A Moment in Magic." This is the one flourish where you can make a pack of cards be equivalent to a Chinese Yo-yo.

Well, those are all the items taught on the DVD. There is a lot more shown on the DVD as I mentioned above. Take a look at Aaron Fisher's trick! Have fun rewinding. In all, the material taught is okay to great in range, but the whole DVD is worth getting just for watching it. My opinion, try something new. Get this DVD!

Greg Bornstein

:bikes:
Dear Greg Bornstein,

It is a honest review, and I agree with them mostly. Maybe there is a culture difference, some tricks that works in my country are not rate high in your review.

Alan Nu's no TT silk trick, I did that in the magic shop with demonstrators there, at the very first time they really think I have a TT! Later, when they watch the video and recall my performance just before, they know that they are being cheated and burst into laughter!!! I think it is one of the greatest moment in my magic when people of the same circle appreciate my effort and in return, their happiness give me confidence to do better next time.

What's more should I ask for in this DVD? I believe it will be Vernon's 4 Ace trick, Aaron Fisher's 2 card transposition effect, and a 3 coin transposition which are not taught in the video.

My rating of this video (10 is highest): 9.95/10
:dance:
Ambitious Card Freak,

I completely agree with you and I knew when I wrote that review that there would be some disagreements. In my opinion, most of the stuff on the video works in the eyes of laypeople and is extremely effective. I do believe strongly in the notion that Allan Ackerman's effect is hard to follow. As I mentioned, the silk effect by Alain Nu is not a field I am strong in. I'm basically giving you a layperson's perspective. For some reason, for me (and I'm sure some guy out there is thinking "What a dumb magician!", etc.), I couldn't follow it the first time I saw it. I watched it again, and it worked more, but I do think the presentation on this thing in the real-world would need to be slower for a layperson to follow. It's a real neat concept in all, and Alain Nu did a great job playing the with the effect.

Now, the things I said weren't startling didn't appear startling to me AS A MAGICIAN. Remember, for all magicians, my review is definitely opinionated towards magicians looking for new material. I think Back Four would show great skill to laymen and the same with Punch Too. As a magician, I felt there were better methods to accomplish similar effects, yet have a better look. Still, it's an opinion.

And believe me, I can see the whole culture difference thing.

Just wanted to clear stuff up for all magicians at this forum.

Greg Bornstein :bikes:
Are the tricks mainly card trick?
The majority, but there's osmething on there for everyone. Refer to my review above for more details. I would like to stress though that the DVD is just worth getting for a new take on the magic world. :bikes:
This DVD rocks! Paul and Lee give us great insite to a magic scene none of us will ever be involved in.

The Dean Dill stuff was worth the price of the video. I love stories like his!!!
Okay I got this DVD one month back and after watching it lots of times, I realised that this DVD is really unique all by itself. Alot of great magic was shown by some of the top magicians around the world(pity though that most of the best tricks were not taught).Anyway some of the best tricks in this tape were the ones not taught such as Aaron Fisher's routine which I tried to do using a double faced card which I assumed it was done as such before I realised that it was not possible. Another highlight was the one performed and shown where all the aces were revealed when the deck was cut into 4 stacks and the bottom cards all changed into aces(i think its from the Vernon Chronicles not really sure though). That was brilliant. Hmm..yes another routine that I felt should have been taught was the one where the 3 coins kept travelling invisibly from one hand into the other. That was freakin amazing and I have no idea how it was done.OKay that's all folks.

any of you guys know where Aaron Fisher's trick can be found (books or dvds?..) cause I really wanna find out how it is done.