(Close Window)
Topic: HELP!! what can I get my girlfriend for her birthday?
I have a low, low, low budget. (I thought one of my recent paychecks would be for much more...) the holidays hurt, and having a girlfriend is expensive anyway. what cool, interesting and CHEAP gift can I get her? something meaningful.... and cute?

You guys have helped me out before, so put on your thinking caps!!!

and its tomorrow....

Yeah, I screwed up.

kevin
I'm thinking about that Justin Timberlake song....

Seriously, I'll give it some thought.
Make a coupon book.(Good for one massage, Good for one hug when you are down. Good for you making a trip to the store for her, etc.) Place the coupon in a homemade card with a poem you wrote.

Not the best idea, but it may help.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 4, 2009 06:25AM)
Get her pregnant.
Finding last minute gifts are easy for me. For my day job I take care of the City's 3 swimming pools. So if I'm in a bind all I need to do is rummage through the lost and found for something. A slightly used beach towel or swim suit will work or I can always top off a half full bottle of shampoo with some water to make it full again. So if all else fails Kevin, head down to your local pool, tell the staff you lost something and if you can go through the lost and found.
Good Luck !!
Bob.
Or....maybe Josh can get her pregnant for you.

Just kidding !!

Bob.
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 07:25, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Get her pregnant.
[/quote]

Josh, he said he didn't have much money to spend... This is a way expensive suggestion! :)

How about an oven mit... I hear broads love oven mits!

Lyndel
P.S. I'm kidding ladies. No hate mail please...
[quote]
Get her pregnant.
[/quote]

Josh, you kill me!!!! LMFAO!!!!!
Get her a new boyfriend. ;)
Get her a duel bag vacuum cleaner

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/video.aspx
Can you afford to take her out for a meal and buy her some roses?
If she has never seen it give her some jewelry that your other girlfriends have left at your house.

OK, enough ribbing. A recent study revealed that giving experiences was more appreciated than stuff. Maybe you can create a wonderful, memorable experience for her.
Get something inexpensive from a high-end store. That way you get the nice box and packaging. Or for a gift box from Kiehl's or Fresh or Mac -- one of the nice body and makeup stores.
Find some old car keys. Hand them to her and smile, cover her eyes and walk out the house with you behind, take your hands of her eyes, look bewildered and then look around frantically, and then say "**** some ********* has stolen my birthday present for you!"
Find an inexpensive nice looking picture frame and put a picture of the two of you in it.
Good ideas....

We try getting pregnant, its just that *** condom gets in the way!!1

Jeff--I have no idea what timberlake song you refer.. why do you even know who he is?

Tom, I like the idea of a new boyfriend.... funny

overall, I like the coupon book

Not much time now...

(jeff, if you were gonna come up with some awesome idea, or wire me some cash, now would be the time...)

regards,

kevin
1. How old are the two of you?
2. How long have you been going out?
3. What are your long-term plans?

Answers to these will help us to recommend something.

John
See what is fun to do that both you have never done in your home town. Where I live in Spain they have jet ski hire, which is brilliant fun, bit cold for that at the moment but things that you've never tried before are always good, take a look around.

Even the biggest and nicest teddy bear you can afford with a love note goes a long way.

A nice pack of bath soaps, moisturisers, ect that you've put together yourself is a fairy inexpensive but thoughtful gift.

If you don't like any of these ideas so far I'd suggest asking a girl friend of yours what they would suggest, women know best about these things.

Do they have build a bear near you? Very childish, but so much fun! Anything childish like is a winner. Build a bear, going for a nice walk and ice cream would be my preferred on a budget birthday day experience present.
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 08:55, Lyndel wrote:
[quote]
Get her pregnant.
[/quote]

Josh, he said he didn't have much money to spend... This is a way expensive suggestion! :)

How about an oven mit... I hear broads love oven mits!

Lyndel
P.S. I'm kidding ladies. No hate mail please...
[/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY]...and what better way to say "I love you" than with the gift of a spatula?[/url]
:bg:
John,

I am 31, she is (today)28. we have been dating since august. Not sure of the long term plans...

I like the teddy bear

kevin
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 12:09, kcg5 wrote:

Jeff--I have no idea what timberlake song you refer.. why do you even know who he is?

[/quote]

I know who he is because someone sent me this link once:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

You could modify it for birthdays.

My best idea so far is to write her a song. Do you play any instruments?

The single greatest success I ever had at melting a girl's heart was when I picked up the guitar out of the back seat of the car and sang a song that I had written for her.

It was cool. And we were parked at some kind playground just behind a gothic church, and the moonlight was just over the spire.

Great moment of my life.

Later I taught her how to smoke a pipe. Filled with cherry tobacco. We walked in the garden around the church and I taught her how to gently puff to keep the thing lit.

That night when I was trying to go to sleep, all I could smell was a mix of cherry pipe tobacco and Giorgio.

What a memory!
Well, I play no instruments... And I don't smoke a pipe.... Nice story Jeff. I like the effort
Jeff, that's a classic vid..

check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLG3S5WzHig

and then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcmNaXmjvs&feature=related
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 12:33, Rupert Bair wrote:
Build a bear, going for a nice walk and ice cream would be my preferred on a budget birthday day experience present.
[/quote]
Rupert is THE MAN with THE NICEST suggestion... Are you Matt Colman?
I am!
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 14:18, evolve629 wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 12:33, Rupert Bair wrote:
Build a bear, going for a nice walk and ice cream would be my preferred on a budget birthday day experience present.
[/quote]
Rupert is THE MAN with THE NICEST suggestion... Are you Matt Colman?
[/quote]

I have to agree. Not only is it good general advice, it fits your profile perfectly. Go forth and be sweet!

John
John, you mean MY profile, or matts?
Give her a photo of me in a speedo. She'll be so happy to be with you that she'll want nothing else.
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 14:55, kcg5 wrote:
John, you mean MY profile, or matts?
[/quote]

LOL I meant your age and amount of time dating. Now go plan something cute.

John
You can get her one rose, 1 piece of chocolate (some expensive stores will sell one piece for 2 dollars, and a poem/photo of you both added to the list. She doesn't need a bouquet of roses or an entire box of chocolates to feel like you took the time and effort for her birthday. Taking the time to wrap the gift and even a hand made card will make it special.

A dollar store is a great place to find all sorts of trinkets, like picture frames, soaps,small teddy bear, ect. Each one individually wrapped and placed in a bigger box will also show you put a lot of thought and effort in the gift.

Having dated you since Aug she probably is aware of your limited funds and will know your gift comes from the heart and the price is not important.

Good luck and hurry up as you have to get this done before tomorrow! RUN!!

Don't get her pregnant as the average parent spends 250,000 to raise a child from birth to adulthood ...so in the end it'll cost you more. :) If you go that route - let Josh step in for you as he suggested.

Chrystal
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 16:45, Chrystal wrote:
You can get her one rose, 1 piece of chocolate (some expensive stores will sell one piece for 2 dollars, and a poem/photo of you both added to the list. She doesn't need a bouquet of roses or an entire box of chocolates to feel like you took the time and effort for her birthday. Taking the time to wrap the gift and even a hand made card will make it special.

Chrystal
[/quote]

Nice point, Chrystal. A beautiful presentation can show a lot of care and attention.

John
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 4, 2009 04:38PM)
[quote]
On 2009-01-04 16:45, Chrystal wrote:
...If you go that route - let Josh step in for you as he suggested.

Chrystal
[/quote]

For the record, I did not suggest this.
***average parent spends 250,000 to raise a child from birth to adulthood ...***

I wasn't aware it STOPPED at adulthood! I still have one in collage and one that just moved back in (again) at 24!
My apologies Josh! Okay someone mentioned it at one point and for reason I thought it was you...oops!

Mickey , that's true parenthood is endless.

Chrystal
It went well. she was happy with what she got, I gave her (among other things) the "coupon book". It worked, she still likes me.

Met her parents, it also went well. She mentioned that I did some "tricks", so they forced me. I screwed up triumph, I used older cards and messed up the strip-out-I was nervous under their gaze... But got them with red hot mama/chicago opener.

Thanks again for all the comments!!!!