(Close Window)
Topic: Does anyone read Robert Parker books (with Spencer, as in "spencer for hire")??
My father got me into these books. They are great, very well written and funny. there was a tv show in the 80's based on the books.
I don't, but I read T. Jefferson Parker books; does that count?
Kinda
I didn't read the book(s) but I watched the show a few times.
Check them out Justin, if you liked the show or you like to read. Ill send you one or two in trade for some of those fancy d'lites
I've got a handful of his books floating around the house. I enjoy the writing. Here's a challenge... What's Spencer's first name?
In the books, there isn't one provided. Maybe on the show..

I know that parker considered naming him after his first son, but then had a second and didn't want him to be left out, so he left him with just "spencer"

and I incorrect?

AM I incorrect?
There early books are very good, but as time goes on Parker's margins get wider and wider and the new 'novels' are really short stories cashing in on fan base. He needed to kill Susan about five or six books ago and get Spencer off his ass.

Went to a party at Parker's house in Cambridge once, Very odd. He and his wife are separated but the both still live in the same house.

Never got into any of his other series, but when he was young Spencer walked with the king.
You went to a party there? wow! (how did you get the invite?) Interesting about his relationship with Joan, I always wondered why he appeared to be married, while spencer and susan are not...

And yes, his books of late have become quite the "outline" style.. same people, just different variations on the same theme. But they are still good.

Kevin
It was some kind of a thank you party for some charity golf event his wife ran, or something like that. I love a charity that asks you to play a round of golf at a nice private course and then loads you up with a bag of swag and a thank you party after. I do remember pretending to need to use the phone so I could have a look at his den/office.