(Close Window)
Topic: Lee Jacobs
Lee was from my hometown of Pomeroy , Ohio. Had a great business with production of old and rare magic posters . He also taught English and other courses at Ohio University . He passed away a few years ago. I got a lot of his posters and programs in my collection currently !
Tommy Windsor used to put out collections of promotion material used by various magicians. Although I haven't looked at any of it lately, I seem to recall that a lot of it came from Lee. There was also a lot from Harry Albacker who had an offset press in his basement, and seem to put out something new every other week.
I knew Lee pretty well. He helped Tommy a lot in his later years. He owned all the rights to Tommy's stuff.

Richard
Lee was an interesting fellow. His ex-wife, Miriam, was one of the great psychic readers in the business.
I have 15 of " Magicians" pieces he did with T Anthony Dunn , the last piece he printed before his death. 50 bucks to anyone interested comes with certificate and the label sheet telling who all the magicians are ( includes thurston , keller , houdin , gwynne , houdini)
[quote]
On 2009-01-18 04:31, CMMAGIC wrote:
I have 15 of " Magicians" pieces he did with T Anthony Dunn , the last piece he printed before his death. 50 bucks to anyone interested comes with certificate and the label sheet telling who all the magicians are ( includes thurston , keller , houdin , gwynne , houdini)
[/quote]

Are these photographs?
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Jan 21, 2009 11:25AM)
Lee was a character and I always liked seeing him at the MCA.

sure miss him.
And you could always hear him. Lee always talked like he was in a college lecture hall.

Richard
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Jan 22, 2009 08:05AM)
Very true.