(Close Window)
Topic: The best Sun & Moon routine.
The best Sun & Moon routine?
I use Roger Klause's beautiful "Soleil Et Lune" routine, but have someone any tip for another nice routines for Sun and Moon?

-Morten-
Is there a video of soleil et lune available anywhere...I keep hearing about this routine but I don't know where to see it!
[quote]
On 2009-02-01 17:40, mballen11502 wrote:
Is there a video of soleil et lune available anywhere...I keep hearing about this routine but I don't know where to see it!
[/quote]
I have never seen any demo video, but Roger Klause teach it on this DVD :

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/coinvention-inaugural-collection-p-1240.html?zenid=002375c8cfd715ed45be154fb311b22e

If you are a "coin man", I mean this DVD is worth every $$.

-Morten-
I don't know if it is the best, but Mike Wild, who used to be a member at thecafe, but I have not seen him for a while, have an inexpensive ebook with 4 routines with the Sun&Moon gimmick.I like them.
Here is the link,
http://www.sundragonmagic.com/tavmag.htm

Pablo
I certainly won't claim "best" but I do have a couple routines: one called "EZ Triple Wild Coin" and another called "Fidget" that use the sun/moon. The sun/moon coin is a great gaff, underused, and fun to incorporate into existing copper/silver routines. Roger's routine is beautiful.
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Feb 1, 2009 10:05PM)
Check out the late Geoff Latta's routine on vol 4 of the New York Coin Magic Seminar series on Copper Silver.
Hi Gang,
I do have a few routines in print that use a sun and moon coin. Thay are a routine on my Coinjurer dvd ( Winged copper-silver) ! One Routine in my Japan notes. (Triple change wild Pg. 18) And one routine In my Heavy work made easy notes (Still tap danceing pg. 25) Ok thanks so much! Latter gang!
Mr. David N, You forgot "Triple Change Wild Coin" on your Coinjurer DVD. :)

Thanks guys, any more?

-Morten-
Samoya by Rob Thompson.
Hi MortenN,
Thanks man, It's the same routine That is in my Japan notes!
Message: Posted by: The Wizard of Hearts (Feb 3, 2009 11:53PM)
[quote]
On 2009-02-03 22:58, polygonsmagic wrote:
Samoya by Rob Thompson.
[/quote]d

Is Samoya published anywhere? I've seen the video, but would like to see a print copy.

Thankfully, I've got the Neighbors stuff covered (big grin).
What does really diferentiate a Sun and Moon routine from a Wild Coin routine? Naurally I have an opinion but could we define this together? Naturally the best routine can only be the one we design for ourselves having researched the path that smart coin magicians have opened for us and the subtle tools they supplied.

[i]I didn't know about Samoya: where could I see it or read it or buy it? [/i]

Here is the summary list of routines I know of. It's pretty short.

Goshman, Albert. Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo The Sun And Moon.

Kaps, Fred (edited by Pete Biro): Fred Kaps Lecture Book 1972 Magic Inc. P 6 Sun and Moon in Spectator's Hand: half and penny exchange in spectator's hand (uses Half, C/S, English Penny [)

Klause, Roger. Richardís Almanach. Sun and Moon. & COINvention Inaugural Collection DVD. A very clean fantastic routine with a perfect dramatic presentation by its author. The concept of the shell starting over the C/S which is then transferred over the copper coin supplying two C/S coins, and the way it is used, is brilliant and opens unexplored possibilities.

Latta, Geoff: NY coin DVD Copper Silver Vol 4. Sun and Moon. In the bonus section, Geoff presents some good variants around the concept of eclipse. His script would have benefited from knowing better about the conundrum of the sphinx to Oedipus.

Neighbors, David: Coinjurer DVD Winged copper-silver and Triple Change Wild Coin & Japan notes p. 18:Triple change wild & Heavy work made easy notes p. 25 Still tap dancing

Thompson, Rob : Samoya ( ?)

Wild, Mike. 4 illusions with the Sun and Moon. Tavern Magic 2. Total Eclipse, Quantum Mechanics, Premonition V, Equinox.
There seem to be two different things under discussion here. Some of the routines named above are variations on Albert Goshman's Sun and Moon routine. Others are different routines, with different effects, that utilize the same gaff as the Goshman routine.

The original Sun and Moon routine starts with a very clean transposition of a copper and a silver coin. The transposition is repeated with an uniquely visual aspect, where the silver coin seems to travel from hand to hand in full view. I would submit that these are the defining characteristics of the Goshman routine.

While it's generally a good idea to check on the credits given by Bobo, I must admit that I have never asked whether the routine and the design of the gaff both originated with Goshman. Certainly he was clever enough to come up with these things, and Goshman's "Incredible Marked Coin Transposition" also in Bobo's, seems to be the precourser to the Sun and Moon, but it seems odd that Goshman would take this approach of designing a special gaff, and then having it made, and then never use as much as a ] or a c/s in the rest of his known work.

I think it's also worth noting that Milt Kort's "Protean Coin" uses pretty much the same gaff as S&M, and it appeared in the first edition of MCM, years before S&M appeared in the second edition. Does anyone know the truth?
Roger Klause's "Soleil Et Lune" routine, is it in printed form anywhere?

-Morten-
Yes, it appears in Richard's Almanac.
Okay, thanks Mr. Curtis.

-Morten-
Have a look at Hofzinser's trick using the basic gaff.

Then consider what Bob Elliot's routine using the slippery sam combination coin set looks like.

;)

Okay - when you "get" the basic look/feel of the trick - have a good look at what's in Scot's Discovery of Witchcraft and ask yourself what folks were really doing back then.

Then go ahead and check out the recent work offered in the Theory11 product and perhaps also get yourself a magnetic c/s gaff to take the trick full circle.
What exactly is a "Sun & Moon (S/M) Coin Set"??

I have a Hopping Half Set with this S/M coin encompassing a C/S coin (cut down), an English Penny Sh***, and an Expanded English Penny Sh***. Is this the proper S/M set or is it or is it reversed with Half Dollar Sh***'s??

I'm confused with an ordinary S/M coin set consists of.
What no Bobo's????

Off to secret sessions?

or got a blasted! coin?
Salby - that's the traditional S/M. The Klause routine requires a variation on that gaff.
[quote]
On 2009-02-07 01:30, doug brewer wrote:
The Klause routine requires a variation on that gaff.
[/quote]

What did you mean about this? Is the "different" kinds of Sun/moon coins also? On the COINvention DVD Roger Klaus don't say anything about some "variation" on the gaff. Maybe I have the correct gaff :), the Klause's routine works nice for me.

-Morten-
I've always heard the Klause version requires a reversed Sun/Moon. Meaning a Silver shell over a c/s coin.

Oh well, I've never even seen the routine anyway.
[quote]
On 2009-02-07 17:27, taller8 wrote:
I've always heard the Klause version requires a reversed Sun/Moon. Meaning a Silver shell over a c/s coin.
[/quote]
Wrong, he use a copper S/M coin, not a reversed s/m with silver s**ll.

-Morten-
I'm sure there at zillions of variations, but in Goshaman's hands the Sun and Moon was a thing of beauty.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 12, 2009 09:37PM)
[quote]

[/quote]

?? it's in Kaufman's Almanac page 150 or there abouts - uses a regular sun/moon or blasted! coin.
There is indeed a variation required on the gaff in the Klause routine.
[quote]
On 2009-02-13 00:49, rutabaga wrote:
There is indeed a variation required on the gaff in the Klause routine.
[/quote]
Yup- Nice routine- I've been working on it and a standard s/m gaff won't suffice for one important reason... p.m. for ???'s...

-A
[quote]
On 2009-02-12 22:37, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

?? it's in Kaufman's Almanac page 150 or there abouts - uses a regular sun/moon or blasted! coin.
[/quote]

Personally, I like to use a copper coin to represent the sun as it has more of a 'warm' feel than a silver coin. Therefore, I do Roger's routine with a 'reversed' Sun/Moon, again simply because I prefer to represent the sun with copper and moon with silver. Roger uses silver for sun and copper for moon and this is indeed the 'regular' sun/moon.
[quote]
On 2009-02-13 13:10, magicator wrote:
Personally, I like to use a copper coin to represent the sun as it has more of a 'warm' feel than a silver coin. Therefore, I do Roger's routine with a 'reversed' Sun/Moon, again simply because I prefer to represent the sun with copper and moon with silver. Roger uses silver for sun and copper for moon and this is indeed the 'regular' sun/moon.
[/quote]
There IS another difference between a standard JOHNSON or similar sun/moon that precludes it's use for this routine... Regardless of which coin is depicted as the sun or as the moon... Specifically relating to how the gaff is manufactured...
I would like to throw out a nice routine by the late Barry Price called Sun,Moon & Beyond. This is in his Escamotage 1 booklet, and is very good. Kind of a melding of the Klause routine, with the Kaps routine and with Barry's own touches. The ending is very reminescent of the Theory 11/Steve Dusheck trick coin effect (can't remember the name) but just uses the sun/moon.
So what is the variation on the gaff needed to perform Roger's routine? I have a video of him performing and teaching the routine and he never mentions anything special about the gaffus.
A "normal" sun/moon the EP she** is non-expanded - it's the insert that is shaved down. In the Klause routine, the EP she** needs to fit over a normal half dollar completely, so it needs to be expanded. The insert, therefore, is not shaved down and looks more like a normal sized c/s. That is the variation we are dancing around. It's basically the same gaffus, but the Klause version allows a cleaner show of only two coins because the EP she** is nested over the half dollar at one point.
[quote]
On 2009-02-15 23:54, doug brewer wrote:
A "normal" sun/moon the EP she** is non-expanded - it's the insert that is shaved down. In the Klause routine, the EP she** needs to fit over a normal half dollar completely, so it needs to be expanded. The insert, therefore, is not shaved down and looks more like a normal sized c/s. That is the variation we are dancing around. It's basically the same gaffus, but the Klause version allows a cleaner show of only two coins because the EP she** is nested over the half dollar at one point.
[/quote]
I use a "normal" sun moon coin from Lassen and a Lassen shaved remilled silver coin in sted of a expanded sh**l and a normal silver coin. This give the same result.

-Morten-
I'm a fan of Milt Kort's "Protean Coin" but all this talk about Goshman's routine now I have to go find it and see for myself. I have goshmans close up book but it doesn't have his routine in it that you all are talking about.
Tim
SAMOYA by Rob Thompson is by far the best! He's selling it on DVD now.
I second this: Samoya is a very accomplished routine presented by Rob Thompson in a very slick performance.
Can Samoya be done with just one set of SunMoon coins? Shell/CS/Shaved Morgan

I just received the Dollar size Lassen set and it's just fantastic.

The copper coin, (shell) when mounted on the C/S can be flipped in the air due to the size of the coin, and the meticulous construction.
The thickness of the copper/silver in the dollar size has minimal size variation, so I always recommend getting the dollar size Sun Moon set if you can.

And the fact that you also receive a shaved down Morgan dollar with the set makes this one of the best values in Coin gaffs in my humble opinion.
I have the Penny looking half dollar size Todd Lassen Sun and Moon and it is also of very fine quality but I never tried tossing it up as it is not required by my Sun and Moon routine and I don't have a shaved silver half dollar to go with it.

Thanks for your report on the Dollar size set.
I just got Apocalypse Vol.6-10 and was wondering if their are any routines in there that require a sun and moon coin?
[quote]
On 2009-05-04 19:34, MagicByUriel wrote:
I just got Apocalypse Vol.6-10 and was wondering if their are any routines in there that require a sun and moon coin?
[/quote]
No there are not.
Plenty of Spellbound moves, plenty of coins across with or without [ , some smart ideas for the Hoo-coin, several routines using one or more C/S coins but no Sun and Moon coin.

This means that you could recheck these to see what you could do using your S&M coin and get creative. Your S&M coin can bring some of these Spellbound ideas way further.
[quote]
On 2009-05-05 03:26, Lawrence O wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-05-04 19:34, MagicByUriel wrote:
[/quote]
several routines using one or more C/S coins but no Sun and Moon coin.

[/quote]

Wait, hold on. I thought a C/S coin [i]is[/i] a sun and moon coin?
No the S&M coin(s) is much more complex than a C/S. Don't feel bad however, very few people know about the gaff. The good point however is that a smaller number of routine has been developed and therefore it is easier to be creative on this less explored ground.

The routines which exist however clearly show the great potential of this gimmick.

Goshman, Albert. Modern Coin Magic by J. B. Bobo: The Sun And Moon.
Kaps, Fred (edited by Pete Biro): Fred Kaps Lecture Book 1972 Magic Inc. P 6 Sun and Moon in Spectator's Hand: half and penny exchange in specs hand (uses Half, C/S, English Penny Shell)

Klause, Roger. Richardís Almanach. p. 150: Soleil et Lune. & COINvention Inaugural Collection DVD. A very clean fantastic routine with a perfect dramatic presentation by its author. The concept of the shell starting over the C/S which is then transferred over the copper coin supplying two C/S coins, and the way it is used, is brilliant and opens unexplored possibilities.

Latta, Geoff: NY coin DVD Copper Silver Vol 4. Sun and Moon. In the bonus section, Geoff presents some good variants around the concept of eclipse. His patter would profit from knowledge of the conundrum of the sphinx to Oedipus.

Neighbors, David: Coinjurer DVD Winged copper-silver and Triple Change Wild Coin & Japan notes p. 18:Triple change wild & Heavy work made easy notes p. 25 Still tap dancing & Here comes the sun Öand the moon and Advanced Routines for the Ultimate Wild Coin Gimmick

Price, Barry: Escamotage 1 booklet: Sun, Moon & Beyond.

Thompson, Rob : Samoya DVD Apl 2009

Wild, Mike. Tavern Magic 2. 4 illusions with the Sun and Moon. Total Eclipse, Quantum Mechanics, Premonition V, Equinox.
Gentlemen,

Any links to Rob Thompson's SAMOYA DVD? Can't seem to hit it via a google search.

Thanks!

Gene
Here's a video of the effect:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:5ca77b7c-51ef-4c8d-9fe9-d279a44d11bf&showPlaylist=true&from=msnvideo

For more info send an email to Rob Thompson: magicguy@pcwildblue.com
Somoya is Soleil et Lune. It's a nice handling, very well performed, but that's exactly what it is. You'll need the modified sun/moon for the clean shows.
With the discussions above on "normal" sun and moon, I am asking if the Johnson hopping half set has a normal Sun/moon set? Also, is it the same s/m set as the separately sold Johnson s/m set?
No unfortunately the Johnson hopping half set doesn't include the elements of a Sun and Moon.
However thinking about how to use the Johnson hopping half set for another effect than just the basic effect getting to the pocket is interesting. Try looking at the new Shufton/Regal "Portal" and see what you can come up with.

Alternatively see if you could rework something with David Roth portable hole using your Johnson hopping half set.

Possibly also a purse can replace a pocket in an effect...

Keep thinking you are on the right track: this is more original than buying another gaff (even if S&M is really a nice gimmick as well)
Actually it does contain a sun/moon. Remember - a "basic" sun/moon is a c/s coin with an additional sh*ll placed over it. So, an English Penny sh*ll covers the half dollar side of a c/s coin. Held proper, it looks like an English Penny from both sides.

Okay, take out the c/s coin, you're left with an English Penny sh*ll. Try to place a half dollar in the sh*ll. Since the sh*ll is unexpanded, the half dollar won't fit (it's not necessary to expand it for the c/s insert). Now if that sh*ll is expanded to take the half dollar, you'll have to modify the c/s coin also so it won't rattle around in the sh*ll. A "modified" sun/moon takes all this into account - you can fit the c/s into the English Penny sh*ll and a normal half dollar.

This modification opens up some nice clean shows when you're about to do some transpositions between the copper and silver coins.
[quote]
On 2009-05-14 11:56, doug brewer wrote:
Somoya is Soleil et Lune. It's a nice handling, very well performed, but that's exactly what it is. You'll need the modified sun/moon for the clean shows.
[/quote]
Rob Thompson's "SAMOYA" and Roger Klause's "Soleil et Lune" is a little different routines, but you can use the same gaff/coins.
Todd's TWIAD set is perfect for the "Soleil et Lune" routine, if I am correct.
I have a Hopping Half set ( Walking Liberty / English Penny ) from Lassen, and this coins works perfect for both routines.
[quote]
On 2009-02-01 18:36, MortenN wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-02-01 17:40, mballen11502 wrote:
[/quote]
I have never seen any demo video, but Roger Klause teach it on this DVD :

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/coinvention-inaugural-collection-p-1240.html?zenid=002375c8cfd715ed45be154fb311b22e

If you are a "coin man", I mean this DVD is worth every $$.

-Morten-
[/quote]

There is also a full demo and explanation on the new DVD, [i]Friends of Roger Klause, Volume 2[/i] that came out this month.
I bought this Volume 2 and it is just filled with great material and is a fitting tribute to Roger Klause. It's obvious that Mr. Pierce is sincere in his tribute and careful in his explanations and crediting. The Soleil et Lune routine is superb and very deceptive. It also has a great story line. I have to say, Lance, you are one smooth performer - the color changing silks is great too!
I agree. Vol. 2 is great, and Lance does a beautiful job performing the effects.

Robert
I just watched the Rob Thompson's "SAMOYA" video and really like the routine. Im thinking it could be woven into other C/S effects, CSB, or Wild Coin. Im still not clear on what coins I specifically need to have. don't know if anyone cares to disclose, but maybe some references to coin manufacturers / sets that will work?
Any Sun/Moon coin set will work with SAMOYA.
[quote]On Jan 21, 2021, Jerry wrote:
Any Sun/Moon coin set will work with SAMOYA. [/quote]

As long as the add'l silver coin fits in the S&M shell.

Jim
[quote]On Jan 21, 2021, J-Mac wrote:
[quote]On Jan 21, 2021, Jerry wrote:
Any Sun/Moon coin set will work with SAMOYA. [/quote]

As long as the add'l silver coin fits in the S&M shell.

Jim [/quote]

^^^ THIS ^^^
[quote]On Jan 20, 2021, Scott Horn wrote:
I just watched the Rob Thompson's "SAMOYA" video and really like the routine. Im thinking it could be woven into other C/S effects, CSB, or Wild Coin. Im still not clear on what coins I specifically need to have. don't know if anyone cares to disclose, but maybe some references to coin manufacturers / sets that will work? [/quote]

Samoya is really a very nice routine.
I created a Samoya version "without a shell" for myself.

Here is my video:
https://youtu.be/jWEsNhNk4ps

Darko
From what I see Sun / Moon sets are pretty rare. I don't see any with Jamie Schoolcraft; Todd Lassen is making some but seems to have a long waiting list. Tango has some, but I've had hit and miss with their quality. Roy Kueppers seems to have some sets... anyone familiar with his coins ?
[quote]On Jan 22, 2021, Scott Horn wrote:
From what I see Sun / Moon sets are pretty rare. I don't see any with Jamie Schoolcraft; Todd Lassen is making some but seems to have a long waiting list. Tango has some, but I've had hit and miss with their quality. Roy Kueppers seems to have some sets... anyone familiar with his coins ? [/quote]

If you get a Johnson HH set, you also have two expanded [s AND a great sun/moon gimmick!!

Slowly, gently and methodically use sandpaper on a regular half until it nests in the unexpanded [ and voila.... Samoya and Soleil et Lune. Not bad for the price of a HH set and one more regular clad half :)

BW

Steve
So the 1 st. ? you would ask is For Who And the 2 th. is When? the 3 th. Is where ??? It is not that Simple !!! :)
Just purchased a Sun and Moon Set by Oliver Magic - fantastic value indeed! The shell is a nice fit and virtually covers the whole coin - Iím really impressed tbh as I expecting rubbish. To be fair, the tutorial wasnít the best but hey ho! Iíll pop a routine on shortly
Hereís a quickie with the set - Iíll keep playing!

https://youtu.be/v5L8YGOZvR8
Well done Sean! Thanks.

Jim
Very nice Sean. Ive seen the 'oliver' coins advertised but was a bit sceptical. Can I asked where you purchased them from ?

Cheers
[quote]On Jan 29, 2021, Nev Blenk wrote:
Very nice Sean. Ive seen the 'oliver' coins advertised but was a bit sceptical. Can I asked where you purchased them from ?

Cheers [/quote]

I got mine off eBay.... £28! I still canít believe it.....
[quote]On Jan 29, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
Hereís a quickie with the set - Iíll keep playing!

https://youtu.be/v5L8YGOZvR8 [/quote]

Hi Sean. That looks really good buddy. Your timing and rhythm are really something!!

I've been working on something a bit like this for ages but I have a lot to learn!!!!!!

Thanks for posting,

BW

Steve
I got one of the Oliver Magic Sun & Moon sets too. These are really nice for the price - they are made from repro coins, and the work is comparable to my older Johnson Products sets. Note that the copper coin is actually a repro of an old British coin, called a "Sovereign". Sovereigns are minted with whoever the King or Queen of England is - the one in the repro is Queen Victoria, from the 1880's, the Victorian era - so pairing this with the Morgan repro is a nice touch.

If you read Sherlock Holmes you might remember Holmes paying the Baker Street Irregulars with a Sovereign or two for their work.

The funny thing is, originally, Sovereigns are in gold. The copper repro is therefore historically inaccurate. But it looks good!
Yeah Jeff is correct, the copper coin is indeed a UK replica - I need to change my patter! I still canít believe the value for money, so for anyone like me wanting to try out a Sun and Moon set itís ideal. Iím gonna pop a piece of Teflon in the shell just to quieten it a bit too.

This will form part of a longer routine where the copper and silver coins are produced first, and can be examined. Planning to include Justin Millers fantastic dewdrop change here as itís super visual and will fit in nicely. Anyway, this will keep me busy during lockdown! Itís fun building routines isnít it!
Hereís a link to Justinís dewdrop change and lots more - sorry I should have included the link before!

https://www.mentalsights.com/dd-collection
[quote]On Jan 31, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
Hereís a link to Justinís dewdrop change and lots more - sorry I should have included the link before!

https://www.mentalsights.com/dd-collection [/quote]

Dewdrop change looks fantastic.

Darko
Talking of Justin Miller and the dewdrop move, this pre-order looks like amazing value!!! It appears to have the whole 2 hours of the dewdrop project, plus many other things including two sun/moon routines. Sounds amazing!!

https://www.mentalsights.com/coin-creations?mc_cid=bcbcbcbac4&mc_eid=fb8b4ed41b
No talking in this one! Hope you like it

https://youtu.be/Je19xMV1ec4
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

https://youtu.be/Je19xMV1ec4 [/quote]

"Simply" the best, my friend. :)
[quote]On Feb 28, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
[quote]On Feb 26, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

https://youtu.be/Je19xMV1ec4 [/quote]

"Simply" the best, my friend. :) [/quote]

Thanks buddy. All the routines I saw before had the copper and silver switching places each time which I found a bit repetitive. The strongest transposition IMO is the slow visual one which I included in the routine, but thatís the only switch. The rest is a mixture of productions, vanishes and 3 Fly style effects. Itís also meant for purely stand up situations with no need for the specs to touch anything so COVID friendly, and is short and punchy (just over a minute long) so will work well as an opener I feel.

Anyway thanks again MB for the kind comments. Hope youíre well
I have no affiliation with these links:

I recommend for those in the UK ...

Merlins - Hopping Half Dollar & English Penny
https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/hopping-coins-half-dollar-old-english-penny-257-p.asp
comes with real coins for use with Quiver.

3 Coin Trick by Brian Brushwood (Scam Nation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjEYr0k-t8
A "take" on hopping half ... and an instant MP4 download for about $2
I purchsed Sun and Moon because of this thread. Love the examples. I puchased the dollar size version. After watching tutorial on classic Sun and Moon, (oops moment), its requires mastering classic palm. Im new and have been training classic palm the last month but with half dollars.

My first lesson learned and figure this info can help the next newbie. Now on a search for half dollar versions because my classic palm is almost there.
I went on kind of a spree with the Oliver Magic stuff (not all are called Oliver, but it all seems the same stuff). Went thru Amazon and only ordered items that were Prime and Free Returns. The others all shipped from China, I believe - much longer wait times. Some items I got the next day.

Fit and finish is surprisingly good, I was surprised. Some aspects of fit better than Johnson, others less so. Any play in coins/shells were fixed right up using foil.

All references to coins below are replicas.

Sun/Moon - you get a Morgan, a copper sovereign (shouldn't be copper, but...) and a s/m coin. All coins fit the shell, which is GREAT. SAMOYA!

Hopping Half - good, but the larger copper shell had some real damage on the rim. Ordered another (w/out sending the current one back to make sure I didn't get the same set back that I sent in) and it was the exact same story. They're going back to Amazon tomorrow, but I really want to get a good set of this. This is actually the Sun/Moon Set with an extra silver shell and an extra, larger copper shell.

Replica Morgans for $8. I got a set of 5, and these are probably the same as Joe Mogar's magical morgans. They're slightly thinner (just like Joe's MMs). They are also ferromagnetic. These are a step above in the way they look - more detail, really good.

Chinese Shell and 4 Coins. Very good. I really like the coins. Dollar size.

Morgan Flipper - Surprisingly good. This was one where I was expecting the least. You get the flipper and 5-6 dental bands. It is a gravity flipper, lays perfectly flat and works very well. A quiet as I've worked with. As for the band and insert, the cut is right in the middle of the edge of the insert. Of course, the cut is there, but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (to me) at all. I'm *really* picky, and for some reason this doesn't bother me. From a few feet away no one will notice a thing (IMO).

All of these coins seem completely interchangeable - they're basically using 3 coins to make all of these - their Chinese, their Morgan and their Sovereign (except the sets of 5 or 10 Morgans mentioned earlier, which are a step above).
Dropped. Y to say Geoff Lattas sun and moon... but Mr Rubinstein already beat me to it... great routine.

https://youtu.be/fPwuIOjxB1I
I love the Soleil Et Lune version of the sun/moon gaff. The ability of the half dollar to nest within the copper [ is critical to so many clean displays it's a worthy investment. It's a perfect gaff to integrate into standard C/S routines with the Roger Klaus finish for the big finale. I have used it in front of, and after, John Bannon's Shanghai Surprise ("Fidget", in my TUV2 DVD). It's also used in Luis Piedrahita's Wild Coin routine in his book, Coins & Other Fables (so good).
Is the gaff in Scott's ?