(Close Window)
Topic: Best Cylinder!?
For all of you that works with Ramsay 's cylinder and coins, where I found the best type of cylinder? I heard about a leather one...but where you get yours?
Thanks,
Hansel!
I got mine from Frank at The Ambitious Card. He's got a few different versions on his site, all very nice.
Thanks! I go to check!
Frank Starsini can also custom make it for you.
If you need more than a rolled up dollar bill or cutoff cardboard tube...

then get over to Frank's or ask Thomas Wayne for the fine stuff.
Thanks guys!
What did Mr. Ramsay use?
Who?

Just kidding.
[quote]
On 2009-02-06 10:40, Pete Biro wrote:
What did Mr. Ramsay use?
[/quote]

Is that a rhetorical question?
[quote]
On 2009-02-06 10:40, Pete Biro wrote:
What did Mr. Ramsay use?
[/quote]

A cardboard Cylinder two inches high, it was original made of a cardboard pillbox!
Hansel!
A napkin ring
When I bought my Ramsey set at Davenport's it was a cardboard tube, red on outside, black inside. Never did learn the routine.
John Ramsay used props that he constructed from things he had around him. Although I have a very nice Ramsay cylinder, if I were going to learn the routine, I would make a cylinder from cardboard or a dollar bill.

But I would probably see if Brett Sherwood could have one made in engraved silver for me! ;)
Remember when you're making these fancy cylinders that it needs to have a little give, or [i]squeezability[/i]. ;)

-=tab
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jul 18, 2009 10:30PM)
I always thought a stack of poker chips, a little die (instead of a cork), and a leather cylinder with stitching like a dice cup, would be a nice set.
Message: Posted by: Sword of the Soldier (Jul 18, 2009 10:45PM)
Josh that's a great idea. It would be much easier to make for those of us unwilling to spend 200 bucks on a half dollar set. Less talk with the coins too. Hmm.....

Josh
[quote]
On 2009-07-18 23:30, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
I always thought a stack of poker chips, a little die (instead of a cork), and a leather cylinder with stitching like a dice cup, would be a nice set.
[/quote]

Tabman USA has made that set for twenty years. Ray will put one together for you just like that (the chips and dice).

[url]http://tabmantables.com[/url]

-=tabman
Tabman,

I've got a set of those, I'm pretty sure you made. You sent them along with a table order, years ago. That set of poker chips is truly the best set of props for the Ramsay effect I've ever held in my hands. Quality stuff there Tabster.

KG
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jul 19, 2009 12:11PM)
Ha! That's funny. Seconds ago, I was told in "Not Magic But..." that a comedy bit I came up with was done in Vaudeville. I can die now...I've been done.
[quote]
On 2009-07-19 13:10, kentfgunn wrote:
I've got a set of those, I'm pretty sure you made. You sent them along with a table order, years ago. That set of poker chips is truly the best set of props for the Ramsay effect I've ever held in my hands. Quality stuff there Tabster.
[/quote]

Hay, I like that. I think the Chip Stack was the best thing I ever came up with to make and sell besides the Tabman Tables of course. I still do the Chip magic. And yes, your order was made and filled by me personally. Thanks for the kind words!!

-=tabster (I liked that!!) ;)
[quote]
On 2009-07-19 13:11, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Ha! That's funny. Seconds ago, I was told in "Not Magic But..." that a comedy bit I came up with was done in Vaudeville. I can die now...I've been done.
[/quote]

Don't worry about it. Everything in Magic seems to be reinvented every 20 or 30 years. You'd have to be dated to remember what I was doing in the 70s through the 90s. Then this year I wrote a book about it all and even how to make the stacks and tables. Writing it rekindled my passion for close up and comedy magic and how can you not like the possibilities for communication that Steve gives us here at The Café??

-=tabman