(Close Window)
Topic: Last Man Standing
Hi Guys Just thought I would do a card trick....lol
This is Last Man Standing from John Bannon. I tweeked the handling to suit me and my style.
One of the best in the hands Triumph IMHO
Enjoy
Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FZsEBOzSQ
Oh how I hate it when I know how the trick is done and somebody still manages to fool me with it.
Excellent Tim! Smooth, short and sweet...all the things I like.
Nicely done Captain! :)
[quote]
On 2009-02-23 23:44, Father Photius wrote:
Oh how I hate it when I know how the trick is done and somebody still manages to fool me with it.
[/quote]
Father.. you hate it and I love when that happens. It the feeling we use to get before we got into magic, oh how I miss that feeling, so when I get fried I sit back and enjoy it.

Thanks guys glad you liked it.
Tim
Very nice presentation. Thanks for sharing the link.
IN YOUR FACE MAGIC LOVED IT
Nice! Enjoyed it very much. Do you ever do the reveal with a face down deck? Might be better that way (or maybe not, just my opinion)

Ron
:)
[quote]
On 2009-02-24 19:27, R.S. wrote:
Nice! Enjoyed it very much. Do you ever do the reveal with a face down deck? Might be better that way (or maybe not, just my opinion)

Ron
:)
[/quote]
Hi Ron
It all depends on what the spectators says. If the spectator say they want there card in the face up cards then I spread the cards face down and vise versa.
Glad you liked it.
Tim
An in-the-hands Triumph is a great effect to have in one's arsenal, IMO. However, I've never cared for the gaping discrepancy when the conjoined stacks are turned over for the two riffles [to show "half face up and half face down"] in the Bannon routine.

I resolved this for my own handling with a simple move that lets me to riffle both ends fully ([i]all[/i] the cards at each end), as well as flip-flop the entire double packet back and forth a few times showing each side (ala thr Larry Jennings display from [i]Outstanding Triumph[/i]). This allows for an extremely fair display of the apparent half-up/half-down condition [of the deck], and raises the deceptiveness of the routine exponentially.

TW
Tim, were you lying to me when you said you didn't do too many card tricks? Because that looked great!
Magicman
Thanks buddy, ok maybe a few card tricks....lol

Thomas
Where can I find your handling ??? I'm always up for improving, from the sound of it it something I would like to do.
Thanks in advance
Tim
Nice! I like. :) I gotta learn that one from you one day, Cap'n...Good job mate.
[quote]
On 2009-02-24 21:02, feher wrote:
Magicman
Thanks buddy, ok maybe a few card tricks....lol

Thomas
Where can I find your handling ??? I'm always up for improving, from the sound of it it something I would like to do.
Thanks in advance
Tim
[/quote]

It's my own unpublished handling, and to explain it would entail exposure, so we'd have to move this topic to Secret Sessions to even give any details at all.

TW
Thomas,
I didn't mean here...lol pm if you want. I thought maybe you had it published somewhere. I would've looked for it.
Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.
Tim
Very nice. I do a version of that as well -- a mixture of Bannon's with some an element of Josh Jay's for a recent edition of magic. I love that you got rid of the Braue Reversal -- it looked very smooth.
Feher, this is great!! Love the way you made the adjustment that was after the Braue in the original. That is a lot smoother as well.