(Close Window)
Topic: Best of Friends - Review
What do people think of Harry Loryane's book Best of Friends Vol 1?
I have it and think it's great! When I was doing a lot of card magic years ago, I frequently referred to this book. I still use a four-ace effect from Best of Friends on those rare, few occasions when I deviate from mentalism.

- Richard
I've strongly considered getting this book but, sheesh, it's expensive. Does the quality of the material justify the price? Also, how many other volumes are there? I only hear about the first one.
There are two volumes - there won't be another - Volume one is one of the most talked about books in magic, with some powerful routines by some of the best magicians in the world. I hate to admit, I bought volume two about a year ago and have yet to read it - I bought it mostly to complete the set - I've heard it isn't as highly thought of as the first book.

If you can get you hands on the first book - I think you'll be more than satisfied

Dave
Actually, volume 2 is just chock full of absolutely excellent stuff also!Jon Townsend has several items worth your time. Curtis Kam Does CARD TRICKS in this one... And a very good deck vanish. Stand up yet! And about 540 pages more of good stuff... Well worth your attention. And that is just volume 2.