(Close Window)
Topic: I have this professional magician....
I have a professional magician coming to my 11th birthday he does magic tricks of course. I want to do some tricks to him if anyone knows any tricks they could teach me please send me a private message plz he is coming in 5 days which I need to start practicing. :kermit:
I would say don't try to practice a trick before 5 days, you may not be as confident performing it.
If you can, show him a trick you already do or simply just tell him that you are interested in magic and maybe he can teach you something you don't know.

By the way...are you a beginner?
I don`t think its really on to show the magician your tricks. I get the impression that you can`t do magic anyway, and hope to reach performing standard in a few days.
Why do you want to show him your stuff? If he is a pro what could you show him?
Better, learn some tricks, practice until you have them off, and at a friend's party show him what you can do.
I don't think it would be appropriate for you to show him magic tricks because he is coming there to do that very thing to you. I do think, however, that you should tell him that you are interested in magic and if he could offer any advice or help.
CTB,
Here is my two cents:

Take ONE sleight that you are having trouble with and ask him (her?) if they wouldn't mind watching you and giving you a pointer.

Now, this I would NOT do in front of any of your friends. Don't put the magi in that position! If you do it respectfully, I'm certain you will experience a wonderful exchange.

Aside from what I just said, I wouldn't do anything else, other than allowing the magi to perform for the entertainment of yourself and friends.

Happy Birthday!
Check out your local library for a trick. But like the others, I would wonder why you want to show him a trick? Professional magicians have a show -- a set of effects that they have carefully put together to flow together. They would not appreciate you announcing that you are going to do a magic trick during their perfomance unless they have organized for it. On the other hand, most magicians love to see enthusiastic students who wish to learn more and to share ideas. But do not try to upstage the magician. When I go see other magicians acts, I may talk to them before the show, and after the show, but I do not ever perform magic at that event unless asked by that performer. It is common courtesy.
I second Blindbo suggestion. Very nice idea.

Mago Mai
Yes I am a beginer I only know a few tricks.
Don't perform to any of your friends in that party, even before or after the magic show..because I think that's like saying "hey guys, he's not the only one who can do that...look at me!" That will somehow offend the magician...you have to respect him...you invite him...let him do his job...and be entertained...

Also I think...don't perform in front of him...just try to..mmm..trying to find the right word..aahh..discuss...just discuss with him about the magic you already know or you want to know...tell him how much you like magic and you want to learn..that's a lot better for you and him..you can get inputs from a pro and he won't feel offended...
I also have to agree with Blindbo. If you let the magician know that you are interested in magic and that you would like feedback from a professional, he would be more than gald to help. I have had the experience that if you go up to a professional magician and say "hey, look at what I can do" he may look at you and say politely "that's great, keep on practicing", but on the inside he's thinking other things. So just ask for his input. I have also found that if you do this, he may take you under his wing and teach you magic.
By the way, and most importantly-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Thank you Micheals :bigsmile: