(Close Window)
Topic: Key Effects
Can anyone recommend a good key cutting effect? Tenyo's "Krazy Keys" sounds interesting but they are apparently made in plastic. I've also seen an effect on Hank Lee's site called "Master Key" which sounds like an identical effect with a brass and silver key. Is this the same effect?

I've also seen one offering by Bob Solari called "Ghost Key" which is described as a slow and visible key bending effect. Can anyone review this?

Finally, one that sounds fantastic is "Key To My Chest" which is described as a borrowed ring visible penetration on and off the shaft of the examinable skeleton key. Anyone have this as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message: Posted by: WanderingMagician (May 17, 2003 01:00PM)
If you're after a good key cutting effect, Mark Leveridge makes a really nice one. I used to use it a lot.

His web site is at http://www.markleveridge.co.uk

Another really great effect is Uni-key, which I think is made by Presto magic. It sounds a bit like the 'key to my chest' effect that you describe. What's really cool about Uni-key is that you can link the spectators ring on to the key ring hole of the key. It's a quality prop and looks like a normal key. Every time I've ever used it in my close-up show it has received an amazing reaction. If you can find it buy it.
Guy Bavli has a key bending gimmick that he sells through his website and on a lot of other dealers. I think it's called "Perfect Key Bender". I don't have any first hand experience with it, but I know others who have and they say it's OK.

Yuval Keren, the magician who doesn't sell anything under $300, has a bending coin gimmick that would probably work with keys. Again, I've only heard about this, so I can't say how good it is. All I know is that I've heard nothing buy bad comments about it.

The best, most impromptu way to bend a borrowed key is just to use another key as the gimmick. I don't want to reveal to much, so PM me if you want further details.

On another note, I'll gladly test drive that new key bend for ya, Keith :)
Why, does very thing of Yuval Keren costs so much? I heard all his stuff is garbage but, I am some what intrested in his coin bend. I have been working on a gimmick that bends coins like a copper wire. Does anyone have any reviews on this product?

Lee
Pyro Magic, you may want to try Kay Koenig's Bent Cent. But, compared to the Yuval Kuren effect, the coin cannot be signed
I also have the Mark Leveridge key and can vouch for its effectiveness. The impact is very strong as the brass door key is 'cut' while in the hand of the spectator. It is also an extremely clean effect.
Mark Leveredge mentions his products being compatible with Peter Crush's Uni-Key but offers no link as to finding it. Any ideas?
I know this is quite an old topic, but I, too, would be interestedin locating "Uni-Key. Anyone find 'em, yet?
Bryn,
I also own Mark leveridge's key. I have quite a few key effects and this one, is one of the best! ****
Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings :cuteangel:
GRRR! I just back from a cruise and see I have lost the Leveredge "gimmick" for the key! Hope fully these are available seperately and I'm still looking for a source for Cush's UNIKEY if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Bryn
The Mark Leveridge effect,Key-Volution, is superb. I've used it for years.
Wow….I’m really dragging up an old thread here but I did a search and this is where it brought me!
Uni-Key and Key-Volution are both outstanding effects. Uni-Key happens to be one of my favorites and is a real eye popper. I can’t for the life of me remember where or whom I got my finish from as it uses a certain type of key case with a key chain. After having the spectator’s key magically appear to have been hooked in the hole/eye of the key and then magically taking it off this then leads you to another magical effect which leaves you very clean. You simply then take the key in your hand and seem to visibly hook the key back on the hooked/clasped chain and then hand the spectator the key case [i]and[/i] the key for inspection leaving you clean. I’ve [i]always[/i] gotten a great reaction from this and it never fails to do so. The Uni-Key, regretfully, is no longer made as far as I know but is still available for a good price. If you still happen to have one it requires a smaller latex band than that which is used on a folding quarter. No….I’m not giving anything away here as I’ve done a search on it and have found it available at one time on eBay and a magic store in the UK and they both refer to the smaller band in their advo. Which is also no longer available but I found a very nice source for them. Simply go here: [url]http://www.thetrickery.com/full/Magic-Tricks-Magic-Shop-Collectible-Magic-Street-Magic-1-Uni-key-3__8876.htm[/url]
and order a length of the Amber(natural) colored 1/8” latex tubing. It comes in a 5’ length and is only $3.95. Just get a razor and slice off all the bands you wish and more than enough to last you a lifetime.

I found one other source for it and they are selling it for $75.00 at: [url]http://www.thetrickery.com/full/Magic-Tricks-Magic-Shop-Collectible-Magic-Street-Magic-1-Uni-key-3__8876.htm[/url]
I also have Key-Volution but I also lost the “gimmick” about 15 years ago. You can hunt this down but they are somewhat expensive now. However, there is a place in the UK that will “fit” a new “gimmick” for you if you send them in the key as the tolerances are very precise at Mark Leveridge Magic [url]http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/products/spares.html[/url]

Hank Lee seems to be selling Key-Volution. I ordered one but it seems to be back ordered and then, back ordered again. I’m beginning to have my doubts if he will ever be able to get it but I certainly hope so as I [i]love[/i] this little gem!

~gaffed~
Try taking a look at Key Accessary by Andrew Gerard.
Yes , what nonvpro said.
Thanks....
I'll certainly look more deeply into it.
I like anything that is signed, in your face and in the spectators hands type of magic. That type of close up magic in my opinion is what makes people [i]remember[/i]
your name and exactly what happened or..... well,what they think happened!

~gaffed~
I was just taking a look at [b]Key Accessary[/b] by Andrew Gerard which also then led me to PSYCHE also by by Andrew Gerard. Now as we all know that at times the described "effect" can be somewhat misleading.

In PSYCHE the coin is unsigned and then first bent slightly and [i]then[/i] it is signed by spectator and bent some more while in the spectator's hand. In the "effect" description of [b]Key Accessary[/b]it describes it as the key being signed [i]first[/i] by the spectator and then being bent in the spectators hand.
Is this indeed the way [b]Key Accessary[/b] works? Is the key signed [i]first[/i] and then bent?

~gaffed~
Gaffed,

Yes.. the spectator selects a key from about a dozen or so keys laid out on the table - Picks it up and signs it themselves using a Sharpie or whatnot.

The key is then looped onto a rubber band that is placed on their wrist and then bent. (Leaving them with a psychic fashion accessory!) ;)

Hope that helps.
In Psyche the senond bend is not intheir hand... its right infront of their eyes, out in the open.

You are correct in the description of KA.

all the best,
AG
Thanks.....that's just what I wanted to know.
The KA looks awfully interesting as does PSYCHE.

~gaffed~
If anyone who is using Andrew Gerard's "Key Accessory" is looking for a source for the proper size rubber bands, I can help you out. Send me a PM.
Broken home by me.. yes I'm shamless! It is a torn and restored key and is on fingers of fury vol 1
Check out "Archangel" by The Enchantment, it is a 3-phase routine, starting with a key prediction, a signed key bend and a key to keyring flight, everything is selfcontained on the key chain. You must get new keys for the bend each performance, though.
Psy key...
Yes, In Key Accessory the key is selected, examined and then Signed, only after its signed does it bend.

best AG
A.G.

You had mentioned earlier this year you were working on a new project that included some work on Key Accessory. When might this be available?
Yeah,I had to stop everything a while back to do some TV work, and just started on a new TV series, so all projects have to wait a bit... There is a dvd that has me performing KA and other stuff no-bodys seen before... It should be out in a couple of months.

Thanks for asking,

Key Accessory is one of the strongest things I have worked with.

Andrew-Gerard
Thanks Andre-Gerard for the response. Best to you.