(Close Window)
Topic: Cellini salt pour
Hi everyone!

I just re-read Dreamers Highway. What a wonderful book! Anyway. I made the salt puour described at page 127 but have problem getting the "salt" into the TT. Anyone with some experience with this effect?

Thanks!

Best,

/Ark
Hi Ark-
I am not familiar with the gimmick. But I know Al Baker had a salt vanish, and he had written up a pretty clever way to get the salt into the shaker. If you have the Todd Karr book I am sure it is in there. Not sure if this is helpful, as I am not familiar with the gimmick you have built.
Maurice, this method is completely different from any other. None of the other methods can help. Ark, send me a PM and I'll tell you what I know about it. ( I don;t want to discuss it in public) I saw Cellini do it and it looks awesome! It was one of the highlights of the day we spent with him.
Hve you seen his salt poor on "magic you can do anywhere" it is awsome too - is this the same one you saw him do Joe? I am starting to play with this and think it is great!

Dave
Hey Dave,

No, it's a different version than the one on the video.

Joe H
Does anyone know what Cellini uses for coins on the dvd "Magic you can do Anywhere"? Its in his devils hank routine.
Most likely he used disgustingly milled peace dollars, as in "hack saw" milled.
ugliest coins I ever saw.
NO WAY FRANK! Those coins go all the way around the bend from ugly and come out the other side into gorgeous again!!!

I think Eric Evans markets some of the milled jumbo coins you see in that vid.
I thought they were just round sheet metal from some type of hardware store or sheet metal shop.
Anybody here doing a salt pour on the street?
No, but I am workin' on it. Can't seem to get the effect where I want it. Some nice people have posted some PM:s for how to solve the problem - but I just can't get it to happen. Some day maybe.

/Ark
What problems are you having?
[quote]
On 2009-04-01 15:30, Arkadia wrote:
I [...] have problem getting the "salt" into the TT. Anyone with some experience with this effect?
[/quote]

;)

/Ark
Jeff hobson does a really nice salt pour and uses a FT instead. You might check that out. His recent DVD has his whole routine spelled out with a double-fisted finale. very nice. he ends very clean.

Levent also has a great salt pour DVD.

Great material.
Levent's SP is da bomb.

I'm serious, it's absolutely great!
Eric Evans took the time to PM me some really good pointers. I will work on these for some days. If you find yourself in a similair situation, PM me or perhaps Eric.

What a guy!

Thanks Eric!

/Ark
Get Levent's DVD ... it is a great study tool.
/Ark, good luck. May it serve you well.

This isn't a conventional salt pour and so it comes with its own set of possible obstacles. Some of them aren't easy to overcome, but they're well worth the effort as its a great effect.
Check out Jeff Hobson Salt Pour good comedy and very long pour.
I love good advice. Escpecially when people keep advicing me to spend money instead of workin on a solution to a surtain effect and method.

;)

/Ark
Half the time when people ask questions here the answers they get are suggestions to purchase their or their buddies material on the subject. I think some of them specifically use this site to advertise and nothing else.
Scott Alexander showed a nice salt pour routine in the Penguin Christmas lecture 2 or 3 years ago (and it was free!). Didnít use a thumb tip, he showed how to create the gimmick used in the routine.
Hi I've been working on a good street version of the salt pour and I've been doing it for about a year on my pitch. It involves using a TT and then a salt pour gimmick. I never liked just producing salt from the other hand, and being done, I prefer to vanish it from right hand, show hand empty then start the pour from the right hand again and it keeps pouring and pouring.
I've spent a lot of time researching and learning different routines and playing with the many different pour gimmicks, (Vernet, Fox, Kosack, Levent, and a few generic ones) even came up with a holder for my gimmick for under my vest.
Its a great effect which works very well on the street.
Also there is no need to clean up the ground, it just gets washes away in the next rain.
I use Levent's idea of a silk to wipe off my hands to loose the gimmick. Also looking to use that silk to produce a dove....but that's still in the works
Bruce
If you add a bit of glitter (very fine glitter) to the salt, it makes big difference as light catches it and make is look more magical
Glitter added....YES great idea, it shows up better from back of the crowd.....thanks for the tip
Ive been doing the salt pour on the streets surrounded for many years as a closer. pm me if you are stuck on something