(Close Window)
Topic: The Godfather's "Busting Loose"
Mix a regular dollar bill with an ordinary rubberband and you get The Godfather, Vinny Marini's impromptu bill & band effect, "Busting Loose." It's pretty nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nqjIAD7fr8
***Update on the Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKmojCBay8
I never get enough of watching Vinnie perform.
Vinny - This is nice, I'm still playing around with the handling & when my hand gets better I can really work on it. I'll keep you updated.
Vince I asked Marion to put up an effect you taught me . Not sure who the creator is. I think you called it "the twist"..
Anyway I hope you like it and wanted to share this little gem with the magic community.
vinny
That one's mine. Jeff McBride does something similar and when I got the chance to show him my handling he was genuinely pleased. It's called "Uni-link". Gonna ask you to sit tight with this one. It'll be part of a release I put out later this year. Have to wait for my hand to heal. Hopefully, I won't need surgery on it.
Ok I will send you the your handling I did
via e mail
vinny
Vinny,

as always thanks for sharing your effect. I remember your Magic Video Depot video on this effect that you released on October 5, 2005.

Your handling on this theme if very nice and a pleasure to watch and learn from.

You and Vince Mendoza have always been in the forefront of this type of rubber band magic.

I haven't seen Vince's "Uni-link" and I'm wondering if he has finally released his handling on that effect.

I really appreciate how unselfish you are in your willingness to share your magic ideas with the magic community and how you so graciously will send video clips of same to all who ask. Truly a class act and a valuable magic resource.

Parenthetically, I understand that Alan Rorrison has just recently released his version which he calls "Band". I hope he gave credit to those who have preceded him in this regard (including Vince and you) and who have provided inspiration to those who followed. In that way the history and historical development of an effect and magic theme can be easily researched and magic history preserved and kept in perspective.

Thanks again for sharing your magic ideas with the the magic community.

Mike
Loved the video,

Wish everything didn't drop below frame during the effect.

Can't wait to see someone do this in person (or in frame).

- Mary Mowder
Hey thanks Turk aand Mary for the input
'send me a pm with e mail address and I wll send a demo with the explaination if interested
vinny
Turk, I agree that giving credit where it's due is important. While I like Alan's presentation of this, I've definitely seen it before in Vinny's [b]Busting Loose[/b], which I posted more than a year ago here and that you saw back in 2005.

Here's Alan's version of it for comparison purposes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlanRorrison#p/u/1/KDGqsVsz8P0

Clearly it seems that what he's doing now, Vinny was doing much earlier here. Not sure as to method but it looks about the same in presentation IMHO, you tell me?

Hopefully the young man credited Vinny in regards to his presentation of it to avoid any misunderstandings or misgivings, such as what happened with Steve Dusheck and Theory 11's version of his work they simply renamed Digital Dissolve...Remember all the hoopla here behind that fiasco? It was a lot of very bad publicity worldwide for T11 for such disrespect and shadiness. No need for such nonsense. Anyway, I hope that everything is above board here in this particular shade.

Oh and Mary, I love your work. ;)
Hey Vinny, nice routine you got there! I like it.
THANKS BERNARD
there are some young kids who call themselves magicians don't belive in giving proper crediting .
vinny
GODFATHER
You are the greatest.
Thanks Al, I will be putting up a teaching demo for" busting loose "
it is bold but give it a try
vinny
Here's Vinny's handling of the effect. He's gotten a great response to it over the years and has decided to share it with the magic community here. Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s87t64I17bc
I counted the number of Vinny Marini magic videos that I have on my hard drive, there is more magic there than I'm willing to admit, and many of them start out with "This one is for you Al". Vinny has shown me more magic than I have learned from any other three sources combined.

How's your good health Vinny?
Al, it's so good to hear form you... my healt is A-OK
when I visit NY ill give you a buzz we'll have to go to little Italy again
vi9ny
Vinny
Do you know that Cuban couple that applauded us in that Italian restaurant called me up for a job, but I was not availible.

Let me know when you are coming east again, bring your wife this time. Eric Jones wanted to eat with us the last time, I'de love to see Mano again, and Vince lives very close too. I look forward to hearing from you about visiting us.

I have 67 Vinny Marini videos on my hard drive. Could you send me the HANDLING for "busting loose" please? You sent me the trick long ago.
Thanks for sharing this effect!
Al the handling is on this thread
go back a few posts
vinny
I'm happy that you shared this great invention of yours. A little jealous that it went passed your immediate circle, but if you had asked, this is what I would have suggested you anyways: just conflicting feelings over something great that I would have loved to keep in our closer circle... but hey...! It's yours!

Thanks for the effect and thanks for the sharing.