(Close Window)
Topic: BLOG
Stay tuned to my blog. There are some great interviews coming up. Stay tuned for interviews with Robert McRay, maker of BIGHEADS. I will also feature an interview with artist/ventriloquist Shannon Schrum plus other surprises!

Want to know how many different CHARLIE McCARTHY figures there were? Read today's blog.

Matt

http://www.upperlipsneer.blogspot.com
Interesting info, Matt.

There's another Charlie (with moving eyes) that Bergen used in one of his short movies.

There's another Charlie (with half-closed eyes) that's in the photo pages in Candice Bergen's biography book "Knock Wood."
And the old man Charlie :)
I was just talking about "original" un-altered characters.

The CHARLIE with the moving eyes (up/down/side/side) was the first MACK Charlie. Edgar has those movements put in.

Yes there was Frowning Charlie and Sleepy Charlie. Sleepy Charlie was later turned into Old Man Charlie.
Frowning and Sleepy Charlie were featured in FUN AND FANCY FREE (Disney Movie). Later, old man Charlie was featured on a television show. You can see this on YOUTUBE.
The Isaacson Charlie and Mortimer look great!!! Did Mr Isaacson made those figures? :)
Si'.
[quote]
On 2009-04-16 09:10, Wanlu wrote:
And the old man Charlie :)
[/quote]

The old man Charlie was on an episode of Hollywood Palace.
Mr Isaacson is a vent historian and a great performer...I had no idea he's a great figure maker as well.

The guy is very friendly...I continue to correspond with him when I have questions about John Schaibley and his figures. He never fails to respond... :)