(Close Window)
Topic: Rabbit Pan
I am contemplating using a rabbit pan.

For those who are or have used one in the past, I am interested in pros and cons, comfort of the bunny, type of pan to use.

I am considering a Loftus type pan, since they habve such a polished surface.

Your ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You

Max
I use a Morrissey rabbit pan. I have no complaints about it. I use it for one specific, bunny production routine. Plenty of space for my Netherland Dwarfs. I have not seen a Loftus rabbit pan so I cannot comment on that one.

Regan
Thanks Regan,

I also use Netherland Dwarfs. The Loftus pan has a very shinny finish and has a more deceptive look. I use their Dove pan and it is very effective.

Max
I know longer use one with my rabbit as it is bigger and I just believed it was too much to ask of my rabbit.
What kind of rabbit do you have Mike? Morrissey's Super Pan is huge. It.....dwarfs....er....swallows my Netherland, and he is fairly large....for a Netherland Dwarf.

Regan
I believe it was a Morrisey Pan I used but I sold it. I am not sure of the breed, but it is the common white and black rabbits you often see. I adopted it from the local Humane Society rather than buying a baby rabbit.
It must have been a whopper!
I have used my Netherland dwarfs with a number of props, but never with a pan. My little guys like to wait is small comfortable places. I just don't want them to be too tight in the prop for the few minutes they need to wait.

Used a mini Rex years ago, found him to be hyper.

Max
[quote]
On 2009-04-24 22:35, Regan wrote:
I use a Morrissey rabbit pan. I have no complaints about it. I use it for one specific, bunny production routine. Plenty of space for my Netherland Dwarfs. I have not seen a Loftus rabbit pan so I cannot comment on that one.

Regan
[/quote]
Like Regan, I use the Morrissey rabbit pan. It's the best there is, bar none.
This pan also has a shine look, and can hold a good size bunny.
I think the Lorfus pan is made in India. The quality may not be as good as Morrissey's.
TrickyRicky
Max, if you are worried about the comfort of your bunny, and concerned about the size of the load area, let me assure you that the Morrissey Super Pan is about as big as you will get. As Richard said, it will hold a good-sized bunny, and if you have a dwarf breed there is much more room than needed. I use Natherland Dwarf bunnies, and my Morrissey Super Pan would easily hold 2 of them.

Regan
Hi Max.
I've never seen a Loftus rabbit pan, but be careful with buying without doing a research on where it's made.
I have a funny feeling that they are made in India.
I hope you took our advise and go Morrissey.
TrickyRicky
I have a Rings and Things Duck pan and my drawf rabbit fits inside with no problem, although several years back I had a heck of a time convincing an animal rights lady that the rabbit was not being harmed.
Bob.