(Close Window)
Topic: The Wizard's Wallet
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Apr 25, 2009 09:50PM)
A routine I constructed specially for the April 25th Saturday Night Contest at Theory11, for which the theme is Magic With Items In Your Pockets. The second half of the routine is a revised version of a Shawn Farquhar Card To Wallet. Enjoy!!!!!!!! Comments, as always, are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yPLXyBPNc

Michael Kras
I like the first phase, quick and magical; however, I don't think the second phase, which has a lot of extraneous motion, ups the ante very much. A second phase would need a bigger dramatic payoff in my opinion to leave a spectator completely satisfied.

Nice work!

Jack
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Apr 26, 2009 12:35AM)
I agree. It's something I'll work on, for sure. I'm just surprised I was able to come up with this in 10 minutes!! :P
Michael this is pretty cool!

-Rahat
Michael, you continue to improve all the time. I agree first half moved well, then the last part needs some work. Interesting idea to have it be so nested within, but somehow it has to be produced quicker.

Your biggest problem is that you are still one of the few people who talks faster than me (and that is not a good thing). It paid off when I was a radio DJ many moons ago and had to deliver a page and a half of advertising copy in a 30 second spot, but when performing it is very distracting. You and I both could benefit from some long sessions with Garrison Keillor.
Very slick sir!