(Close Window)
Topic: The 100th Magic Friday Contest! Win A Free Anything Is Possible Bottle!
:dancing:

Hiya Gang!

It's hard to believe that I'll have written 100 [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=175&100]Magic Friday[/url] articles after the next instalment! So, in order to celebrate, I thought I should have a contest and give away two of my [url=http://www.whatizit.net]Anything Is Possible bottles[/url] (one Red and one Blue).

Here's all you have to do:

Post below; an effect that you've purchased because of a Magic Friday review and tell me how it turned out for you. That's it.

In two weeks, I'll take all the names of everyone who's posted and I'll put them into a hat and do a random draw of two names. Those two lucky winners will each receive an [url=http://www.whatizit.net]Official "Anything Is Possible" bottle[/url]! I might even make a little video of the draw and post it on YouTube. Fun!

Thanks for reading Magic Friday!

jamie d. grant
http://www.jamiedgrant.com
Congratulations on reaching that milestone, JDG. It's a great blog you've got going.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I totally agreed with your reviews of the SFS 3 card monte DVD, Joe Mogar's Chameleon Knives DVD, and Fiber Optics.
Congrtulations and I love your blot, Due to your great review of White Star..I purchased and its a highlight of my closeup act
Well done Jamie.
Name just one ,you must be joking.
But do love the micro chop cup.

best
Wayne
Don Driver's Svengali Pitch (2 caed monte). Revived an interest which was long overdue and works out well. Thanks Jamie---John K
Jamie, my pick is Daniel Garcia's SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. When I read the Angry Bob rating I had to try it out.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=148183&forum=175&0

It's now one of my favorite routines. You lull them into a false sense of security by telling them you ave a trick deck.

Congratulations on you 100th! Here's to getting to 1000!!!!
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (May 23, 2009 11:42AM)
I bought Tagged! by Richard Sanders because of your review. I received it, gave it a cursory glace, and tossed it off to the side with a weak first impression. Then, later that weekend, I went back to it with a positive mindset, and began to love it. I immediately went to work, made some of the necessary gimmicks, and it has proved to be a KILLER effect for school, working gigs, and more. I love it. Thank you for pointing us all in the right direction, Mr. Grant!
I used to buy magic effects by either looking online at vendor sites or viewing You Tube videos of the trick which was better than a pic and discription from a magic vendor. Now I rely on reviews, and Jamie yours are great. I purchased Tagged and could not be happier. I have several people (who see me perform reguarly)tell me, it is easily my best effect. Thanks, keep the great articles coming!
John Mott
Hey- thanks for all the kind words!

This will be fun- and I should specify that you didn't have to read a Magic Friday and then buy something one minute later. As long as it helped you in some way with your decision.

So far, we have (going into the hat):

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax

13 days to go!

Good Luck!

jamie
Hi Jamie, Congratulations on your 100th. I really enjoy reading your blog and I have bought several effects because of your reviews. My favorite "Magic Friday Purchase" was "LIT". I love this effect and have 'fried' many people with this gem. I liked it so much I used it in my 3 tricks for my entrance performance for the VMC. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Bryn Williams
I actually bought Fiber Optics (extended) because of your Magic Friday. I also thought most rope magic looked "blah" until I saw this. This looked terrific. UI bought it and turned out to love it. I now use a rope routine all of the time. And the best part is it's not just a cut and restored trick, it takes that to the next level.

Thanks Jamie!

Jeff
Just off the top of my head, I know that Joe Morgar "Chameleon Knives" and Richard Sander's "Fiber Optics-Extended" are at least two of the items I purchased after reading your reviews on them. There are a number of others but these two are recent purchases and were fresh in my memmory. (And, at my age, that's important!!)

Quite frankly, your Magic Friday list is my "go to" list. After getting burned soooo many times by the hype and the deception in magic ads (and the "mutual admiration society of magic sellers scratching each others' backs), I go to your list with 100% confidecne that what you state will be accurate and a 100% honest opinion.

I find your reviews spot on and, even tho I use them for future purchases, [i]equally important[/i], your reivews of thing I already own have caused me to go back and to re-examine these "cast-aways" in a new light.

Quite frankly, I consider your list to be a lead-pipe cinch of strong "must have" audience-tested [i]performance[/i] magic. Just pull out a few of the varied effects on the list and, with confidence, you'll be able to put together a strong set of items for a performance set. Learn 3-5 sets (each consisting of 3-5 items each) and you are "good to go" night after night.

"Magic Friday". An invaluable resource guide.

Just, IMHO, your mileage may vary.
I bought Fantasio's Amazing ring through rope based on your review. It always goes over well if you keep it swinging :)

I love your reviews and trust your final analysis of the tricks.

I still think you should perform Timecard, but you added Deep 3, so they are probably too closely related in structure.

Thanks Jamie,

PS. I'll take my card in bottle with the blue bikes when I win. :)
After reading your review on Fiber Optics Extended I knew I had to get it. I'd heard other positive reviews from other people, but yours was the nail in the coffin for me. I occassionally do a 7 minute routine where I start off with a message about sin and throughout the routine speak about being grounded in God's word, resisting temptation, and fellowship with other christians.

I enjoy reading your insightful reviews, so here's to another 100 more. Cheers!
The Zig Zag illusion. I remember how you mentioned that poker game where you and Blackstone Jr. were cheating against to mobster types in Vegas back in the days as you said "the hotels were two stories because the chumps could still gamble with broken legs if they jumped after a bad beat at the poker table". They caught you with an ace up your sleeve, which was kind of apparent because after drinking a bottle of Jack before leaving your room you forgot to put on a long sleeve shirt and it was clear you were rigged. The mobsters gave you a chance, one chance, to live....and to do so you had to take out Blackstone Jr.. You realized the mobsters were two stooges not even made men and none too bright, I mean how bright do you have to be to break heads and collect money? You told Blackstone to get into a zig zag and the mobsters thought you cut him into three pieces and left saying you were 'all right'. Yeah, you an Blackstone had a good laugh after than one then hit the black jack tables where you padded your roll by an extra twelve grand. Yes, that is why I got the zig zag, because of your story. You rock brotha!
Was on the fence for a while with Deep 3, but after reading your review, made the purchase and love it!
Okay, I picked up a "Wow" gimmick after reading the little two-card transpo routine you worked out for it. I like the routine a lot. As for the "Wow," it's maybe more of a toy for me than anything else. It only comes out occasionally.
I bought TAGGED by Richard Sanders after reading your Magic Friday post, the effect have always gotten great reactions from spectators, and I have already given out over 50 necklace chain with tagged card on it with also my signature and contact details on it.

Besides that, some other items that I bought that were also influence by your reviews are such as 357 by Tom Lauten , REVEALATION by Wayne Dobson, BRANDED by Tim Trono, and another Masuda's WOW cos the first one I got was broken. Your post on Masuda's WOW assured me again that it was a strong effect and worth getting and having it back in my arsenal again.
[quote]
On 2009-05-24 02:44, MagicSanta wrote:
The Zig Zag illusion. I remember how you mentioned that poker game where you and Blackstone Jr. were cheating against to mobster types in Vegas back in the days as you said "the hotels were two stories because the chumps could still gamble with broken legs if they jumped after a bad beat at the poker table". They caught you with an ace up your sleeve, which was kind of apparent because after drinking a bottle of Jack before leaving your room you forgot to put on a long sleeve shirt and it was clear you were rigged. The mobsters gave you a chance, one chance, to live....and to do so you had to take out Blackstone Jr.. You realized the mobsters were two stooges not even made men and none too bright, I mean how bright do you have to be to break heads and collect money? You told Blackstone to get into a zig zag and the mobsters thought you cut him into three pieces and left saying you were 'all right'. Yeah, you an Blackstone had a good laugh after than one then hit the black jack tables where you padded your roll by an extra twelve grand. Yes, that is why I got the zig zag, because of your story. You rock brotha!
[/quote]

I'm getting that made into a T-Shirt.

Lol,

12 days left:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei

And thanks for the kind words everyone- they mean a lot to me!

~jamie
After reading a review I purchased Chameleon Knives as a gift for a friend. He LOVES them. Thanks!
Fantasy Phone Experiment. Was on the fence, read your review, and while it wasn't a glowing one, you identified the areas of difficulty - I treated it like a challenge to address those areas as the effect read strong enough. Agree with you that sometimes a spectator will not follow the instructions as intended, but for the times they do (or you have an accomplice who will correct them if they start to do it incorrectly), it is a miracle. Thanks.

Brian
Okay, I'll be honest. I got tagged and liked it a great deal more than I thought. Sanders did an excellent job.
I did buy 357 after reading your review -- great trick!

Robert
Magic Farm by David Williamson, I have his other DVDs & love his style. Your review nudged me in the right direction, as I am working on a money pen routine, and this will make / makes a great phase - really change the direction.
Incidentally, I was lucky to see David lecture in London last week - over 2 hours of laughter, energy & great magic.

Also - Pinnacle. I wanted a alternative to CMH, and the reviews you give are normally pretty well grounded, so I picked it up recently. I haven't performed it yet - I want it to be 100% smooth first.

I enjoy the magic friday reviews, especially with the 'angry Bob' bit- I think most of us have one of those..!
Keep it up!
Charlie
Definately Garrtt Thomas' ring thing. it's spawned into one of my faveorite routines!
Jamie,

Can I still be entered into the drawing if I talk about stuff I didn't get based upon your reviews?!?

I am sure I am not the first magi to be on the fence about a particular purchase, finally decide to spend the funds (getting harder and harder to do these days) and come to find out that, although a good enough trick/illusion/gimmick etc, it just didn't "suit" me. Its fabulous to watch David Williamson or Justin Miller or Garrett Thomas perform their material but I like to take stuff I have learned and make it suit me and my performing style.

Magic Fridays has helped me feel better not only about my purchase but about my non-purchases too. So thanks for sharing so freely, thanks for the performance tips, and thanks for the angry bob rating (my FAVORITE part of Magic Fridays truly LOL!).

p.s. I still stand by my recommendation of Andrew Mayne's Finger Chopper, I am DYING to read the Angry Bob comments!!! And still holding out for your autographed business card!

Regards,

Barrett James
One of the Magic Friday Masses!
I purchased Fiber Optics Extended based on your review. Very happy I did.
[quote]
On 2009-05-24 13:37, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-05-24 02:44, MagicSanta wrote:
[/quote]

I'm getting that made into a T-Shirt.

Lol,

12 days left:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei

And thanks for the kind words everyone- they mean a lot to me!

~jamie
[/quote]

It would make a great prize for runner up. :)
Hi Jamie,

Your reviews assured me that buying Branded, Tagged and Fibre Optics Extended was a wise investment.

Thanks for your time and commitment.

Eric
Got Tagged based on your review....Thanks....
I was trying to decide between two things what to purchase and then I saw your review for Branded and that's the one I got. Always trust Jamie!

Nico
After reading your review of prohibition I ran out and got it. I love it. It really knocks them down. I also got fiber optics because of your suggestion.
There is no telling how many of these I purchased bc of your magic friday reviews. I now do magic fridays at my office. but to name a few of your recent revies that I have purchased are deep3, tagged, 357, deck dropper .... all four of these get great reactions
I too am a big fan of Magic Friday. Bought Tagged and just ordered deep3. Seriously considering deck dropper. :)
Hey Jamie,

You did a review for "ringscape" or the linking ring on shoe lace from Fantasma. I ended up getting it with the help of your review.

Thanks for the blog, Happy 100 and here is to a 100 more!

-Jacob H.
Your review for Ring on Shoe lace from Fantasma pushed me over the edge to buy one. Thanks for all your reviews. One of these days I have a feeling Angry Bob will be in a good mood.

-Paul
Jamie,

I was already a fan of Mark Mason, but your review of SHOE-T and the fact that it stumped Angry Bob sold me... Thanks for everything... I really love your reviews... They are informative and SUPER FUN!!!
I was already leaning on buying Branded but after reading one more positive review, and a "Magic Friday" one at that, it made my purchase easier. :) Thanks Jamie! I always look forward to reading your "Magic Friday" stories.
Hiya Gang,

Thanks!!!

11 days left:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ

Good Luck!

~ jamie
http://www.whatizit.net
Jamie,

WARNING!! Public Service Announcement follows:

Except for the 10th name down on your list, all the other names are troll web-bot names and should immediately be deleted from the list. Doing so will immediately clean up your list and help prevent a hacker attack onto your computer. (The fact that such cleansing procedure will also then only leave one name on your list, well,..that's the price you have to pay for computer safety.)

You have been warned.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Best,

Mike
Erhmm.... wasn't Turk the extremely advance AI computer that took over the world??? Even Arnold wasn't able to stop it! Who is the bot now ? :P
You mean the Turk-inator?...
"Sal Piacente's 4,5,6-PACKET TRICK from his DVD Expert Card"

This is one of my favorite card routines to perform. There's absolutely no way the spectators will figure out how it is done.

Congrats on getting 100, look forward to many more.
Hey Pal

Congrats on the 100 reviews... that's a lot of performances when you come to think of it!

What I like best about your column is that you demonstrate week after week that it's always better to perform a trick than buy a secret.

Keep spreading the joy, dude.

dave

ps... Looks like Fantasm and Richard Saunders owe you a commission! :)
Hi Jamie,

After seeing your review on Jim Critchlow's WHITE STAR, I decided to buy it. Man, that is one cool piece of bizarre magic. I like your handling of it, which I've adapted to my own presentation.

-Mark
Jamie,

Congrats on 100th blog post. Because of your Magic Friday reviews Ive boughten NFW by Gary Freed, Branded and just bought Deep3. Ive gotten great mileage out of NFW and love to do it because its simple yet completely mind boggling. I don't do Branded very often though because I really have no reason to carry a lighter around with me but when I do do it, it greats great reactions. Im hoping that Deep3 will provide much of the same. Thanks for the all the great, honest reviews. You are really an assest to all of us here on the Café.

Thanks!
Travis
10 days to go!

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson

Thanks for reading everyone!

jamie
Congratulations on your 100th blog posts!

I also got Tagged and I agree that it is a great piece of magic!

Thanks!
While taking a stroll around Fantasma magic in NYC I was tossing and turning over whether to purchase STRANGE TRAVELERS by Paul Harris.

Needless to say, I got on my iPhone, hopped on the Café, read Jamie's Magic Friday regarding the product, and headed to the counter - effect in tow.

Along the likes of Jheff from MotM, Jamie is one of the only people I truly TRUST when it comes to product reviews for the real world.

Magic Friday - having your cake and eating it too. He gets to amaze his coworkers AND give us fellow brethren real world reviews. Its a great service you offer to all of us and we thank you!!
Hey Jamie!

Keep them coming!!! Thanks to you I'm in debt with the perfect tricks that suit my style. The latest purchase I made, solely because of your review and angry Bob giving it a 5/5, was Key Accessory!!

Thanks again and I'm lookng forward to more reviews!

Mike :)
Hey Jamie,

Your review of Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500 helped sway me to pick up a copy. Glad I did! It's one of my favorite tricks to do "on the spot". I've gotten great reactions.

Best,
Jamie,

The matchbox penetration intrigued me for years. Your Magic Friday post led to reseach about the two thicknesses. I lucked out and found the old thick block version. I've used the effect with a needle and ribbon. to great effect.

It's true, the original is the better of the two.
A friend with the thiner version couldn't figure out the gimmick on the thicker brass version.

The thicker brass block is great, except that standard matchboxes are too thin to use as a replacement when the original wears out. The original matchbox is Cyprus Matches (British?).

I've taken to making custom boxes (outer shell). Sicne the outer shell of the matchbox isn't part of the trick, people can examine it all day long.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for your efforts.

Dave Bilan
Mine would have to be Kenton Knepper's KOLOSSAL KILLER. I use to do this trick and stopped but after your reveiw I started useing it again.
Shawn
I want to thank you for your review of Branded. I actually knew what the gimmick was but really didn't think much of it until I read your review. I decided to take the plunge, buy it and perform it. It now rarely leaves my pocket.

Thanks Jaime and Congrats!
8 Days and counting! I'll post a YouTube vid next Friday of the draw:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84

Thanks for reading everyone!

jamie
"LIT" by Dan White and Dan Hauss.
This is an EXTREMELY AWESOME Effect!!!
So glad you recommended it!

=Frank=
I got White Star and LOVE IT !

I'm a bartender in the Tradewinds bar at the Sheraton Ferncroft Hotel just north of Boston. It's Nautically themed and plays HUGE into the story that I developed:

I say that since I started working at the Tradewinds I've been getting a chill each time I enter. My mother convinced me to go to a psychic, and she told me I was a bartender on a cruise ship in a past life. I proceed to do the trick and THEN reveal that it was in fact the Titanic that I worked on, and perhaps the person that 'picked' all of the DEAD photos was also on the ship with me . . .

Jay Fraser
ACMETRICKS.COM

p.s. keep up the awesome work !
I bought tagged because of your review. I have worked with it a little but haven't put it into action yet. But think it will prove to be a worker for me.
I bought Deep 3 based on your review and love the effect. Still working on it though as a little too much of that special something was used on my deck making it a bit difficult to use. Also got tagged based on your review and love it. I find your reviews very helpful and practical. Keep em coming!
Lets see, I picked up Magnum Wallet from Outlaw, Masuda's WOW, Fantasma Linking Ring through String (actually went to Fantasmas to pick it up) based on your reviews. I got great reactions from all 3 effects. I have Tagged on my list next.

Thank you for the time you put in for these effects.

MikeOB
Contest aside, I just wanted to say that I like that you talk about the times where you get busted on a trick, and how well the tricks work for difficult spectators.

Good stuff!

-Travis
[quote]
On 2009-05-29 01:16, magicmanfrank wrote:
"LIT" by Dan White and Dan Hauss.
This is an EXTREMELY AWESOME Effect!!!
So glad you recommended it!

=Frank=
[/quote]

Thanks Frank,

This is a second hand recomendation that has inspired me to buy LIT.
Does that count?

Eric
Reality Check. I never would have considered it, save for your real world experiences. You never know, until you try something in the real world, what really slays them.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

PS: I want to hear more about the Blackstone Incident.
I ended up picking Lit and Ring on Shoe lace from Fantasma because of your reviews. And your reviews were both dead on. Both solid tricks and boy oh boy does Lit fry peoples minds!
Get your names in here, folks, One Week To Go!

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84
magicmanfrank
plainoldjay
shpf100
samdan
MikeOB
travisb
mormonyoyoman
wpt1031

And here's to 100 more (names and Magic Fridays)!

Your pal,

jamie
I ended up buying Matchbox Penetration after reading about it on Magic Friday. It was one of those things that I had never bothered picking up but I'm glad I did as I love it.

Thanks Jamie and keep those Magic Friday's coming!
OK....

I would have to say two great effects that I purchased based on Jamie's review are Shoe't and the Vanishing Ketchup bottle.

I am a physician and frequently patients play solitaire. If they are using red bicycle cards, Shoe't is always ready for a miracle. You should see their faces. I should get a blue bicycle for the other foot!

I also do the vanishing Ketchup as an opener for kids shows. It is the most relistic neilsen bottle, I think. The looks on the kids face when the bag goes crunch is amazing.

I have tried to do something new on Fridays myself after hearing Aaron Fisher mention New Trick Friday before his performance in the Parlor at the Magic Castle. I guess your New Trick weekly challenge has really caught on.

Bravo,

Chris
I picked up the DVD "Reality Check" by Michael Paul due to your review of atomic 2.0 on your magic friday review. Thanks again!
Dear Mr Fantasy is such a great book, I had already purchased this book and was immediately drawn towards dead reckoning, follow your review of 'the power of poker' on MF, I went bvack to the book and had a read and absolutely love this effect, it is very strong and plays wells for the those moments when you have some more time to perform and the spectator knows you are a magician.
thank you for all of your work
First, it's amazing that you've test-driven almost 100 effects and passed along what you've learned to Café members. Thanks!

I also enjoy your presentations. One example is Multi-Dimensional; I start with the box, while you finish with it. I'll try it your way and see how it compares.

I bought Fantasma's Linking Ring and String after you wrote about it. It's great visual magic.

Cheers,
Jerry
I bought both Flow and Prohibition after reading your column. I've only tried Flow twice, but Prohibition has been a very reliable and magical effect for me for awhile now. Congratulations on reaching 100 Magic Fridays and I look forward to the next 100!

Cheers,
Steve
I trust your reviews, man! I purchased White Star, Tagged and Deep 3 after reading your thoughts. Never happier!
Congratulations on reaching the 100 review milestone. I always enjoy reading your posts. I bought Prohibition after reading your review and must say it is the ultimate cap in bottle. Thanks Jamie for all the great stories.
I was on the fence for a while for Flow but finally bought it after reading your review. The Angry Bob rating was the kicker!!
I also bought Dear Mr Fantasy after your review of 'The Power of Poker'. Great routine, excellent review.

Jeff
Hiya Gang!

I'll close the contest this Friday at 5PM, which will give me time to film the draw Friday night and figure out how to upload it to YouTube. So Friday at five I'll stop taking names and I'll post the winners Saturday morning.

Good luck!

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84
magicmanfrank
plainoldjay
shpf100
samdan
MikeOB
travisb
mormonyoyoman
wpt1031
big dan
Tophie
DonHarlan
pennjarr
jerdunn
eephus
Dale
amerigo
HollowMan
Jeff

Have an awesome day,

jamie
Ok - so here's how I use Shoe't, which I bought a few months ago after reading Jamie's review.

I've been doing Francis Carlyl'es Homing Card (card to pocket) for ages. I love it, but I also love the "rule of three", and occasionally would like to add another phase onto the two-phase card-to-pocket.

This is it! My presentation is along the lines of "I'll show you how I do magic - it's all about misdirection." I tell them that "while they're not looking" I sneak the card into my pocket. After the card has appeared there a second time, there's ample time to do a top-change. I offer to do it one more time, and insert the changed card into the deck, leaving the selection on top. I say I'll make it go to my pocket again - but it's not there. "Of course, it isn't," I say. "That's misdirection: while you were all watching my pocket, I made it go somewhere else." and I look down at my shoe.

You don't need to say much more! The subsequent palm has all the (real!) misdirection you could hope for, and the reactions are amazing - as Jamie predicted.

I was doing this all night at a walkaround gig recently, and picked up two further probable bookings, both from guys whose cards had appeared in my shoe!

Thanks for the tip Jamie!
I also picked up Lit from reading your glowing review of it and I love it.
Hiya Gang!

Okay- we've got about 10 hours left until the draw closes! ~And I should have the winners posted online for tomorrow morning- two lucky people will wake up with an "Anything Is Possible" (well, they won't really wake up with one, although that would be an awesome trick, lol)!

Good luck!

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84
magicmanfrank
plainoldjay
shpf100
samdan
MikeOB
travisb
mormonyoyoman
wpt1031
big dan
Tophie
DonHarlan
pennjarr
jerdunn
eephus
Dale
amerigo
HollowMan
Jeff
Shield
ross welford
akumasan42

Have an awesome day!

jamie d. grant
Hi
I bought Prohibition after reading your review.
Thanks
Ralph
Inspired by you:
Branded and Tagged
Gunthard
[quote]
On 2009-06-05 13:29, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
I bought Prohibition after reading your review.
Thanks
Ralph
[/quote]
I replaced coin in the bottle with Prohibition ! It's a shame the "Masked Moron" revealed this trick on T.V.
Hiya!

Okay- draw closed! Check back here tomorrow:

Andrew Musgrave
shomemagic
WayneNZ
hou_dini
Christpher Kavanagh
Michaelmystic2003
MadderMax
Bryn Williams
magicman4646
Turk
taller8
Gospel Dan
MagicSanta
Randy B
bugjack
feifei
restaurantmagician
bekralik
Robert Sixx
puggo
Dizzidiz
Barrett_James
Motor City
Papasmurf
joseph
Nico Zottos
RawVoodoo
ahobgood
Bande
Seeker
Paul Rathbun
michaangelo
VcosNJ
TomKMagic
dmoses
Ba Ba Booey
TravisRobertson
Jubin
illusioneer
mike storz
Doug Lippert
David Bilan
Shawn D
MagicSteve84
magicmanfrank
plainoldjay
shpf100
samdan
MikeOB
travisb
mormonyoyoman
wpt1031
big dan
Tophie
DonHarlan
pennjarr
jerdunn
eephus
Dale
amerigo
HollowMan
Jeff
Shield
ross welford
akumasan42
ralphs007
gunthard

Good Luck!

jamie d. grant
Congratulations!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGNBhwMjuK0

Time for bed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

jdg
Hi
Very nice video!
Thanks
Ralph
Thanks Jamie!

I enjoyed the video and Congrats to the winners!!!!

:)
Congrats to the winners indeed! That was nice Jamie! :)
I actually typed in Japanese Tetris and THAT was hilarious.

Congrats Jamie!
Wishing you all the more credit that you deserve in the years to come.

peace, charlie
Japanese tetris just made me laugh the hardest I have in a while. Really funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9lSR41cKsg
Congratulations, winners. I'm not going to try to pronounce them, Jamie!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet