(Close Window)
Topic: Floating
http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/FunFlyStick.html

anyone thought of using this as an effect ?

By putting the Van Der Graaf generator on you and having big plastic choose, you could even do it with your hands instead of the wand...

cheers
I doubt that I would purchase a product like this from someone who can't even spell Van de Graaf. If by "choose," you mean shoes, it would take a huge pair of shoes to accomplish this. The Van de Graaf generator would have to be on the ground. You couldn't carry it on you.
This is science at his best.
You can get a charge out of it..
I have one. actually, it's my sons. I've noodled with it a bit and I don't think it would be practical, it's very difficult to control the motion of the floating foil and there is a VERY LOUD hum.

I"m stil looking at using a normal size van de graaf generator to float some things but controlling the float continues to be my biggest problem.
This is a great thing to play with. I will say to get control of it takes a while but hay what a fun afternoon. I also found having the battries at there best helped. I used recharable battries and when the dulled a bit I poped them in to othere toys or recharged them. The company Grand illisiouns I hve used personaly and while collecting toys for the science museum. The service is great and do note that most products have videos of the owner demostrating them not a flashy force video from the maker.

Get one and have fun.
I got this for a friend for his bday. I could definitely see it being put to use in a stage show. It will take practice to get the hang of it, but it does look pretty cool.