(Close Window)
Topic: Loop ball
Hi,

please could you advise me of any sources where I can learn some loop ball moves?
I already have Jim Cellini - Magic that can be performend anywhere but I wonder if there are some other DVDs or books.

Thank you for your help,

Matt
The original source for much of this was Slydini in his book: "Slydini Encores" Additional work with this prop in a concealed manner would be found by looking up Stilwell's silk act.
Thank you JNeal!
I suggest using like a non-loop ball and use the loop sparingly and see what you come up with.
Look up PIFF PAFF POOF...Howard
Tarbell Volume #2
HI
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY A
LOOP BALL?
THANKS EDDIE
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=69

Don't tell Frank I sent you. ;)

Tony
If you already have a Fakini, or just a regular bounce ball, its very easy to make your own loop ball instead of spend 40 dollars.

Get some clear fishing line, and 2 needles, thread the line through the needle heads, leaving about 5 inches of line between them, finally stick the needles in the ball on opposite ends, depending on how big your hands are. It is a lot of fun to play with.
Scott Cervine published his Billard Ball Routine useing a Loop Ball on his video 'Scott Cervine Teaches His Award Winning Stage Magic', I have it on VHS Video and it sold for $75.00 at the time. I do not know if he ever published it on DVD.

You can use the Hank Ball moves for the Loop Ball as well, as pointed out above Tarbell is a good source, but if you do not want to buy the whole book Abbott's Magic sells a manuscipt on the Hank Ball. It looks like it was from the Tarbell Book. Tarbell Course is not on CD in PDF format at a very low price. It is a must have for anyone intested in Magic.
Whats the title of the chapter in tarbell vol 2 where loop ball work is found?

thank you
It is in the billard ball section near, I think the beginning of that section.
JNeal is right on the ball. Stillwell came up with the loop ball. It is often called the hank ball. Most guys no longer use it with a loop but it can do some pretty unique things.

As a side note, Stillwell of the uncle of Dot Seguin. Seguins bought the silk business from my mentor, Horace Marshall. How's that for trivia?

Richard
Daytona Magic, has The Chinese Egg Bag for sale. It's a wooden egg with a loop attached and it comes with a placemat made of plastic instead of bamboo. I wasn't to pleased with the placemat..........
Check Walmart and the dollar stores for placemats. I have 2 ,one from each store and they were inexpensive.
You can convert your Silk to Egg thing to a Loop Ball or Silk Ball by wrapping thread around a sponge ball and pushing it in. Then you can do some billiard ball moves, change the egg into a red ball, change the ball into a silk, and the silk back into an egg.
Speaking of loop balls, didn't Anverdi have some unusual technique with a ball on a thread? I know he did a lot with silks and a thread similar to what is possible with a reel, but I seem to remember something with a ball as well, like dropping a ball into a cup and having it vanish. I don't have my Anverdi lecture notes handy, but I think it would have been in those. (I also remember a thimble routine where thimbles on each finger one by one jumped from finger to finger until they all collected on one finger.)

When I watched the jumping thimble effect in Anverdi's lecture, I remembered that I had actually first seen the effect explained years before in Walter B. Gibson's _What's New in Magic_, a very good book that seems to be overlooked as a small but classic magic book. I can't remember if Walter included it in his _Complete Illustrated Book of Close-up Magic_. (I always thought it kind of strange that Walter included some effects in that volume as close-up that we normally think of as stage or at least platform magic, like the multiplying balls.)

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
Yes those Anverdi effects from his lecture notes were wonderful! HE has some great ideas for billiard sized balls, thimbles and rope and ring effects that are very strong. And he could do all that stuff...LIVE .I saw him lecture in Boston around 1975.
McBride Manipulation without tears has some interesting ideas worthy of a look.
The Tarbell Course deals with the Looped Ball in Volume 6, page 28, not Volume 2 :readingbook: