(Close Window)
Topic: Music for ninja rings performance
Any suggestions I have no experience choosing music for a performance. I'm not even sure this is the right section to post in, but at least you guys know what the linking ninja rings are...

regards
and thanks for any help
jonathan
Whatever it is...I think the music should be upbeat and fast paced. That is how Ninja Rings are done so that would work well. Sorry I cannot give specific examples.

Andrew
If you mean Shoot Ogawa's Ninja Rings, I wouldn't do it to music. I do not own it myself, but I have seen it performed.

It has a lot of audience participation. For example, if you do the move where the spectator links the rings, that would be hard to time to music. Also, you would have to explain to him/her what to do over the music.

Just my opinion. If you do the Shoot Ogawa routine, don't use music.
I guess you've never seen Shoot perform the ninja rings in his close up shows and parlor shows.

He either opens or closes with his ninja routine spectator link and all to music. I'm not sure what song he used but it looked very nice and the best performance of any linking ring routine I've ever seen :wow:
Wow, I didn't know that! I guess the guy I saw was doing a different version...

I stand corrected.
Alex, you are restricting yourself way to much to Mr. Ogawa's routine. Why don't you be creative and rework the routine to fit your needs so you could use music. I am not saying you should if you don't do the routine, but anyone who has complaints about themselves doing the routine to music should be creative.

Andrew
As I said, I don't personally own the routine. I agree with you about being creative, but I have seen a guy perform a rings routine that he said was the ninja rings, and I saw that it wouldn't work well to music. I didn't realize that there was more than one version of Shoot Ogawa's ninja rings.

Again, I stand corrected. :hysteric:
Over the years I've trained myself to listen for music that I think would be good magic music. I then file it away and hopefully some day find an effect that will go with the music. I've even gone as far as to develope an original effect and routine to fit a song I really liked. I think this is probably the opposite way most magicians do it, but it works for me.