(Close Window)
Topic: Natural Lottery - New Edition by Anthony Owen
The clever Mr. Owen has a new offering:

[url=http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product_info.php?products_id=111&osCsid=1da6fc105dd108aae4e82539eb9126a9]NEW EDITION CLICK HERE[/url]‏

"Natural Lottery is what it was created to be - pretty much the perfect opening item for mentalists who love utterly impossible predictions with all the wrinkles ironed out." Ian Rowland

"This is superb...and is a stunner!" Phil Wilmarth, The Linking Ring magazine, October 2003.

"Excellent." Duncan Trillo, Magicweek, May 2003.

This gasp getting opener to Anthony’s Monday Night Magic act was the hit of his 2007 lectures at MAGIC Live! in Las Vegas and the International Magic Convention in London. TVMagic.co.uk are proud to offer all the necessary props so that this can be a hit for you too!
Isn't this old?
Hi Wash,

This is a New Edition.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Another new edition?

so to be clear, I've bought

1.new tricks, I've bought 2. the dvd, and I bought 3.the version that came with a ken brooke limited edition wallet (even thought I already owned one). And now there's another version of it? So am I going to have to buy yet another wallet (bringing my total to three) to get a handling update?

Can you explain the lineage/development of this effect, and your reasoning behind selling new iterations of handling only to those willing to buy it bundled with an expensive wallet which is already in the arsenal of most seasoned performers.

I now have two ken brookes, and a jol wallet with the wonder gimmick (i think that's the one you're now supplying).

sorry if this sounds a little narky, but I really think that either purchasers of the earlier version should be offered an upgrade facility, or the handling should be sold separate to the dealer standard props used to effect the demonstration.
Hi Wash,

I've PMed you as I'm sure we can resolve this privately.

By the way the bonus ideas by Bill Herz, Michael Weber and Anthony Owen (which enable you to show the printed ticket to the audience and to hand it to a genuine spectator as a souvenir) are available free of charge to all previous purchasers from TVMagic.co.uk of the Natural Lottery props who did not receive them at the time of purchase.

Also the new JOL Wallet handling is available free of charge to previous purchasers from TVMagic.co.uk of the Natural Lottery props.

In both instances please contact TVMagic.co.uk directly.

Best,

Anthony
I've just realised that I did not answer Wash's query regarding the development of my Natural Lottery effect.

I created the effect in 2000 and first published the basic handling of it in 2003. That handling also appears on the DVD of my Lecture at the International Magic Convention in 2007 (reviewed in the June 2009 issue of Genii magazine and available exclusively from the guys at TVMagic.co.uk).

In 2008 I came to an arrangement with the guys at TVMagic.co.uk for them to exclusively release the necessary props and these were supplied accompanied by additional previously unreleased ideas by myself, Bill Herz and Michael Weber.

The just released New Edition from TVMagic.co.uk comes with these ideas and the JOL Plus Wallet which can also be used in many other excellent effects.

Thanks for the interest in the history of this effect.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Anthony, can this effect work with any national lottery system in the world?

Shrimps on the barby mate
Kam (from Australia)
G'day Kam,

Here's the info:

"The magician asks six random audience members to each select a different number between 1 and 49. Amazingly these numbers prove to be the same six which are on the printed lottery/lotto ticket the magician bought earlier that day and has been carrying in the zippered compartment of his wallet. You might not be able to win the lottery, but you can influence your audience members to pick the numbers you want them to.

"This will work with ANY national or state lottery or lotto which issues a printed receipt to those who enter. It doesn't have to be six numbers and they don't have to be between 1 and 49."
I thought you might be interested to know that there's now a new trailer for my new Lecture DVD which includes footage from the performances of Natural Lottery, Number at Card, Holey **** and Ultimate Oil and Water which you can view here:

http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product_info.php?products_id=123&osCsid=bd3e65873f8ecf10872c8277a1a4f1ca
The link to the product does not work is there another link to natural lottery? Thanks
Hi Chris,

All of the visitors viewing the new trailer crashed the site! However it's back up and running again now.

The link to Natural Lottery listed in Christopher's first post is still live (and now has the lecture DVD trailer on it too).
I too have bought the DVD which explains the trick, and wallet individually. I'd like to know what option we have to purchase the 'upgrade' and left msg to Mr. Owen. Apparently the msg was read but he just didn't answer my PMs...
Has anyone bought the new version yet that could provide a review? I'd love to add this into my show but $165 plus shipping for something I've never seen ain't cheap. Thanks guys
I would like a review as well with Bill Herz and Michael Weber adding to Anthony's already great idea I'm sure its amazing, but I too already have the JOL wallet and Anthony's book so a review of the upgrade would be nice before I shell out my money as well.

Thanks

Adam
I am really interested in this too.

Any info from anyone?

Alex
No one has this who's willing to give a review? I'm not looking for the secret just an honest opinion, even via PM is fine by me.

Thanks

Adam
Does this have to be used as an opener?
[quote]
On 2009-08-16 12:04, Benji Bruce wrote:
Does this have to be used as an opener?
[/quote]

No.
I'm surprised there havent been many reviews on this.

Can someone post one?

Thanks

Alex
Me too, Anybody want to step up, I have read and heard reviews for the original version of this I am particularly interested in the Bill Herz and Michael Weber additions, as again I am familiar with the orginal handling.

Thanks

Adam
My curiosity is getting the better of me. I think I may just take the plunge...
I broke down and now own the new version complete with updates, of Natural Lottery. I must say wow I knew that the original was a great idea, but the additions are equally astounding. I will not give anything away here. I will say if you do not owne this effect get it its a show stopper. If you do own it in an earlier version is it worth it to drop another $160, well if you are a proffessional and only own 1 JOL wallet then yes you should want a back up and this would be a great way to get one and some amazing information on top of it. If you are a part time pro, or already have a back up wallet, then I would honestly say hold off if you're part time then the routine as it is will play great without the additions, if you're a pro, then I'm sure you've already found ways to make this routine your own, and I'm sure you could figure out a way to hand out a genuine lottery ticket if you just put yor mind to it. Hope this helps feel free to PM me.

Adam
Can this be done as a close up or parlour effect? Or is it for stage only?
Hard to decide.. as I own the first version and just purchased every else individually... The question is, is the addition really worth the full price of the effect?
Can the first version be performed as a close up or parlour effect at all?
The original version (which appears in my book 'Some Tricks' and on my new Lecture DVD) and the bonus handlings (which come with the props) can all be performed close-up, in parlour and on stage. One of the new handlings is a little tricky in a close-up or parlour situation, but with thought could be made to work.
That looks really good!! Keep up the good work!!
Can this be performed as a cocktail reception type setting or even at a wedding at a table of say 10?
It's most suited for seated groups.
I thought that you might be interested to know that the dealer who holds the exclusive license to sell my Natural Lottery effect complete with all the necessary props has another new free bonus update for all previous and future purchasers. Previous purchasers should contact the dealer in question to receive the latest free update.

Here's an updated link to the product: http://tvmagic.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=111

Best,

Anthony Owen
Sorry, I realise that I forgot to mention the actual details of this latest free bonus update. It's a new method of mine which enables you to hand out the printed lottery ticket as a souvenir at the end of my effect.

It is NOT suitable for close-up situations. However, for experienced professional performers working in cabaret, stand-up, platform and stage situations it is a completely self contained method which is simple and practical. It requires no additional secret assistance and I believe it makes my original effect much stronger. I'm very proud of it.
Anthony, if you happen to read this could you shoot me a PM? I would like to ask you a few questions in private. I tried to PM you but the link to send you a message does not seem to be there for some reason or another.
Anthony,

Is this the same effect as the one David Blaine did on 'What is Magic?'

What about a street setting? Can you pull a printed ticket out in that environment?
Do you take payments?
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 11:54, UncleBunkle wrote:
Anthony,

What about a street setting? Can you pull a printed ticket out in that environment?
[/quote]

Anyone?
[quote]
On 2010-11-18 10:15, UncleBunkle wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 11:54, UncleBunkle wrote:
Anthony,

[/quote]

Anyone?
[/quote]

It is not the same effect Blaine did on his special. That was Nate Staniforth's unpublished effect, which apparently was based on Anthony Owen's Natural Lottery. I am not sure about your last two questions but am interested in the answers as well.
Apologies I've only just seen the recent activity on this thread.

Aaron: I've emailed you directly.

Unklebunkle: Exitmat has answered correctly regarding the Blaine effect and yes, with thought, the new handlings could be performed in a street setting.

Decomposed: payments can be made to the guys at TVMagic.co.uk who have the exclusive on the bonus handlings and props.

Thank you all for your interest.
I saw Nate Stanforth do a similar version of this effect awhile back and, after watching his preformance over and over and over again, was able to come up with a version of my own that is not perfectly clean...but has worked well. The problem with my version is simply that it is not something easily done at all locations I travel to because of complex set up. I am incredible interested in your version and hope to purchase it. Is it available in the states? Where can I purchase it?
Hi davidandstuff,

Currently this version is only available exclusively from the folks at TVMagic.co.uk
I thought you guys might be interested to know about a new free online video interview which I did recently with Pete Wardell for his excellent Magic State of Mind project. Pete has been interviewing some excellent magicians (including Paul Daniels, Michael Vincent, Luis de Matos, Marc Paul, John Archer and Andi Gladwin) and you really owe it to yourself to check out his site. You can find my interview with Pete and the rest of the interviews by clicking here http://magicstateofmind.com/2011/08/12/magician-to-magician-anthony-owen-interview/

If you do take the time to watch my interview I'd love to know what you think. Please post here or to my facebook page (link below) to let me know your thoughts...