(Close Window)
Topic: Ball Shell
Has anyone used the ball and shell from multiplying balls or sponge balls in conjunction with a C&B or Chop Cup? I played with the ideas years ago but never performed it.
Not yet.
I've always thought the shell idea from a ball & vase could somehow be applied to a c&b routine but never figured it out in my head.

-todd
Didn't Harry Riser do a routine that combines C&B with a ball vase (Morison pill box)?
Harry Riser combined Ball and Cone with the Morrison Pill Box. Very nice routine.
Regards
Detlef
[quote]
On 2009-06-19 05:37, Detlef wrote:
Harry Riser combined Ball and Cone with the Morrison Pill Box. Very nice routine.
Regards
Detlef
[/quote]

Ah - that's right - thanks for reminding me. It wouldn't be too difficult to take the idea and adapt it for a single cup routine.
It (using a shell and a ball) has been done ... by Finn Jon. You can find the published routine (The New Theory Chop Cup) in "Spectacle" - written by Stephen Minch.
I have incorporated the multiplying billiard balls with the cups and balls and the ball and vase. Of the two I like it with the ball and vase better. And that is just because I have a three cup and two cup routine that I already like.

I use the multiplying balls - - 1.5 " wooden - - in a two cup routine. There is no problem with sound as people are too focused on where the next ball is coming from or I use the rattling in the cup as the attention refocus point. I was using a regulation 2" eight ball for the final load but now I use a base ball. I'm toying with using the multiplying candles as a final load.

I would love to put together a multiplying cups and balls routine, starting with two cups and two balls and ending up with nine of each.
Hmm, I am thinking very bold here. What if you do the standard penetrations of the balls through the cup with the aid of the second cup. And as you lift the second cup the ball seems stuck (shell showing on top of the cup)then you press through the "ball" with your hand palming the shell along the way.

It would be very bold, but just might work.
I toyed with that and, for me, it doesn't work. So, it depends on how deep the indented part of the cup, the saddle is. On the cups I use, my saddle is to deep. I showed that bit to my wife and she said that from her perspective, the audience, she couldn't tell if it is the shell or the whole ball. However, if you use a set of cups with a flat bottom it works a little bit better, but it is still hard to tell if it is the shell or the whole ball.
Where do you find 2" billiard balls -- real ones, not the wooden or fakini balls?

Nobody in my area has anything smaller than 2 1/4" balls in stock, and I could sure use some 2 1/8" and/or 2" balls.
Only ones I can find are 1 1/2" and 1 3/8".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011X80NE

&

http://www.cuesight.com/stbbmi.html
Seems to me, with the mini cups you can produce 3 golf balls for final loads, then follow with a manipulation routine with the balls ending with them all GONE, only to re-appear under the cups.
[quote]
On 2009-07-17 12:46, Bill Palmer wrote:
Where do you find 2" billiard balls -- real ones, not the wooden or fakini balls?

Nobody in my area has anything smaller than 2 1/4" balls in stock, and I could sure use some 2 1/8" and/or 2" balls.
[/quote]

A game supplier in Atlanta. He had 2.5, 2.25 and 1.5 and some small 1 inch balls. they are basically novelties or scaled down for smaller pool tables.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 5:19pm
Bill,

I checked and it is a 2" Aramith ball. I think most of them are of just one color because they are for bumper pool or something, I'm not a pool player so I don't know. But the 8 ball was built for a set for smaller pool tables.
I've got a few e-mails out for the balls I'm looking for. I do a chop cup routine with a billiard ball, a cue ball, and an 8 ball as the final loads. Unfortunately, my cup won't handle a normal 2 1/4" ball. When I started doing the routine, 2 1/8" balls were much more common than they are now.

The last ones I found came from a place in Canada. I don't remember who they were, though.

Thanks for the info.
Not to insult anybody's intell, but did you they make magnetic cue balls, they're larger than normal though as they are for the pay to play tables you see in bars.
Yes. I don't know whether they have a magnet in them or a steel core, though.
Good point.