(Close Window)
Topic: CSI, The amazing ring vanish, you have to watch the video
First watch the several videos here, then read my review.

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/CSI.htm

I know there are many threads all over this site about this, but I felt a new fresh one is necessary.
The box came airmail from overseas, very fast. I popped in the DVD and the production value is just o.k. and there was a bit of an echo, none of this was distracting in any way, probably not even worth mentioning, Everything in the ad is correct, there is no misleading wording of any kind, no trick camera shot’s, what you see in the video , you will be able to do out of the box, and it is so easy, No slight’s of any kind, for those who purchased this, I would say all of us who have this are saying WOW, BUT, after you do it the first or second time, things change a bit, you can not repeat the performance right away, the re-set although easy is very time consuming and requires some work, more than most are willing, for me, I would purchase the extra“Thing” needed from LC and have it ready for several back to back performances, I do a lot of trade show work and it requires me to perform all day, and this is not something that could be done due to the re-set. Also I find it would work as an impromptu looking effect, but there are some hurdles to overcome to do so, I wish I could explain this better so you guy’s could tell me how to , You are given some good ideas in the DVD , they are the same as in the web site ad, only with an explanation, as I stated before, this is an amazing thing to see and do, but the one major hurdle while in the coffee shop or wherever is a tough one, you are given an idea to overcome this, but I still do not see how to use it, if you own this and wish to PM me , I would love to see how you do it, when / if you do pm me, please mention something from the DVD so I know you do have it, you can also ask me questions and I will do my best to answer you, in conclusion, I wish it was a little less expensive, but I understand why it can not be, there is no way to do it, and I will try to do it outside of my house , in the street, in the real world and report back soon, amazed and not sure yet.
Vanish in the video certainly looks good.
It is just what happens.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jun 22, 2009 11:48PM)
I received mine today as well. I have not tried it yet but from what I've learned and looked at---it's off to a good start. I also PM'd Dan and I have to say he is fantastic about getting back to you. I too will make a review as soon as I perform this. It will be by this weekend or this weekend itself. It's a lot nicer than I thought though. (The Props and needed things).

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Jun 24, 2009 02:19AM)
Looks good.
So gumbystock... what's the verdict? Is this a good or great effect? It been awhile since anyone that received it has said anything. Does that mean it's not worth buying? The videos are fantastic but is the effect not workable in the real world?

This is a lot of money to spend to find that it's impractible. What's the reviews have to say?

-Ron
I posted a review on it as well. It is a good effect.

Luke
I was wondering if one could perform an acid type of russian roulette using the same principle.
Bests
I think I was one of the first to receive this, and what you get from the company is a very high quality set, from instruction to product, it's all high end and very complete, the effect is extremely easy to perform, but as with all effects if your story line is boring, so too will be the effect, and people today are easily bored, I patter in a fast tone with a story designed around those who are watching, therefore , it is always changing so it will relate to the spectators, back to CSI.
The down side, it is difficult to do this for a working pro who is in a strolling venue, it is hard to do multiple time in one evening, Now , I did not say impossible, if you are working and need to do this multiple times ( say 5-10 ) times an evening, you will need to buy something from the manufacturer .
My biggest problem with it was that one stage of the routine is hard to accomplish in a certain setting, I am sorry I can not say more on this with out giving too much away, I have emailed Dan and others and no one has yet found a solution, Dan has a brilliant way to resolve this in many settings but not all, this is best suited in a controlled environment, such as your house or a friends, or as in the ad, a coffee shop, I found it hard to pull off beyond that. If you wish to PM me, I will try to be a bit more specific.
I agree with Dave, I will probably only perform this in the company of friends at my own home. It's not really suitable for a strolling environment, although I don't see why with a bit of though you could not gimmick something to make it work.

I would like to say more also, but I can't. I have a few ideas, Dave PM me.

Luke
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 27, 2009 11:24PM)
I imagine this would be difficult for strolling magicians. I have never performed that venue and my hats off to all of you who do. I did perform this at a very huge birthday party the other night and I used my Samurai Sword in conjunction with CSI. It totally caused a jaw dropping reaction especially when the spectator pulled the chain up and then when I lifted the curtain on the sword and the ring was there. I had a picture of Houdini on the table as well and it helped my patter on my story line. I can not stress enough how beautiful this goes with the Samurai Sword effect. But it can most certainly stand on it's own as well. I really enjoy CSI and I look forward to using it in most of my performances.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 27, 2009 11:40PM)
Ron,

Please excuse me I just now read your post. In my opinion I believe this is a fantastic effect. I do not do stroll around magic. I will only do a show where I'm able to have set up time and a chance to view where I'll be performing. So for me this is right down my ally. If I lost CSI tonight I would buy it again right away---as soon as I saved up again that is. I have a story line where I use my Samurai Sword as I stated above. I myself would absolutely recommend this. If I did stroll around maybe I would do this at every 4th or 5th table after letting the other tables know that "in a few moments" I'll be doing a very special effect I think they would like. Then after performing at other tables I would get everyones attention and simply do the CSI effect then move on to other tables across the room. But like I said my hats off to all who perform in that venue.

My honest opinion is buy it if you can. I have no buyers remorse over this at all. Do I wish it was less expensive? I wish all magic was! But do I think it's worth it? Yes. Why? Simple before CSI came along I never knew this type of magic would ever get into our hands. Think about it when have you ever seen a street magician or a magician who works parties do anything like this? I'm very glad this came to us.

Ron I hope that helps and again I'm sorry I somehow skipped your post my friend.

Good magic to all,

Eric
No problem Eric... Guess I'll have to put it on my "To Buy" list. I appreciate the information which helps in making better decisions.

Thanks,
-Ron
I Feel it is an amazing effect for the right person, I sold mine as it just did not fit my routine, and if it was an inexpensive effect, I would have kept it, and I bet someday I will wish I had it. If this were 3 or4 years ago and gigs were easy to come buy and I had money, I would keep it.
Also, for Ron, there are many post's from those who have this and all love it, my opinion, if it sounds like it fits your style, buy it, you will not have a problem re-selling it if you don't love it, my guess, you will, just the method alone is great.
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Jul 28, 2009 11:33AM)
[quote]
On 2009-07-26 09:48, dave wrote:

The down side, it is difficult to do this for a working pro who is in a strolling venue, it is hard to do multiple time in one evening, Now , I did not say impossible, if you are working and need to do this multiple times ( say 5-10 ) times an evening, you will need to buy something from the manufacturer.
[/quote]

Dave,

I'm very interested in this effect and wonder if you could give me a rough cost for this extra "something" I would need to buy from the manufacturer. I also sent you a PM so that you could speak more freely if need be. As a magician and a science teacher this effect has great appeal to me I'd just like more info so that I can make a completely informed decision.

Thanks!

jeff
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 28, 2009 10:24PM)
My pleasure Ron. Dave hit it on the head. It has to fit what you do. As I said I do only performances where I can set up and plan my approach. I really enjoy this effect. I was sorry when I knew Dave was selling his. He was I believe one of the very first ones to buy this and we swapped some PM's over this. But as Dave said it has to fit what you do. I recently sold some pretty good items because I went more into mentalism and I understand what Dave means.

But Ron if I can help in the future when you get your let me know.

Good magic to all,

Eric
This is not something really want to do in live. The coffee can't drink is one off,someone will easy notice the reason
This is a great piece to play with. But, the novelty wore off for me.
I will sell mine tonight when I return. Great effect, but I will never perform it.
A 2 minute video demo and the first full minute is intro. I'm not familiar with this effect at all, but how clean can it be if the video cuts each time the ring is vanished?

Steve
Steve, you need to watch the two videos at the bottom of the page for the uncut versions.

-Ron
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 29, 2009 02:53PM)
Patrick66,

I heard an old magician friend of mine say "I know I'm actually ready to perform an effect only after I've grown tired of practicing it." I just wanted to share that with you. It may be old to us---but I promise you when you perform it for non-magicians you will be showing them something they have never seen.

But if you do sell it I bet you will have no problems. From what I hear there is a 2 week backlog now on orders.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 29, 2009 02:59PM)
As far as drinking the coffee. This is where misdirection comes in. I actually take a few sips before I do the effect. By the time I patter about Houdini and show my post card of him and the ring vanishes then reappears on the Sword---no one even remembers the coffee anymore. Also if you do this without the sword just reproduce the ring and keep the coffee near you but just move on to your next effect. Once you pour the cup out (yes I do recommend this version) you will already show your cup is empty. The cups take some time to make but are well worth it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I will wait a little longer, maybe I just keep the thing. I must admit I haven't performed it yet for anyone........
You can also pretend to sip the coffee when the first vanish is over and say "EEEW" "that tastes like metal, did someone put something in here" and pick up the chain and lock , again showing the ring has vanished, then reproduce it your way, they will never look back at the coffee.
Or at the very end of the routine, and you have made the ring reappear, now pretend to sip the coffee, and use some humor, there is no harm should a drop or two touch your lips, you need to injest it, and a good amount too,
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 29, 2009 10:12PM)
Dave!

There you go. You just made my point as to how much I miss you not having this. You have great ideas. I will use that "taste" idea you just had if that's ok with you. I like that.

Patrick66 please perform it before you sell it. I'm telling you too as soon as the chain comes up look at the audience and see their faces. Talk about priceless.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Jul 29, 2009 10:20PM)
This is a completely horrible trick. I can't imagine anyone performing this for real people. I'm also pretty sure that this trick can't legally be performed in Canada.

If anyone has one for sale send me a PM.

jeff
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Jul 30, 2009 12:31AM)
Jeff---LOL

Good magic to all,

Eric
Jeff, your pretty funny........

Eric, I would be honored.......

Patrick, good point , try it before you sell it, it will change your mind.But please post what you do decide,
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Jul 30, 2009 12:16PM)
[quote]
On 2009-07-30 06:53, dave wrote:
Jeff, your pretty funny........

Eric, I would be honored.......

Patrick, good point , try it before you sell it, it will change your mind.But please post what you do decide,
[/quote]

Patrick or anyone else,

Send me a PM if this isn't working out for your performing circumstances. As a science teacher and a magician I have the perfect setting for performing this. :)

jeff
I find it hard to believe that nobody remembers the coffee. Please, they are dunking the ring into a cup of coffee, and then they don't have any desire to want to dump the cup out to look? Your misdirection must be phenomenal. I suppose if you put a rabbit into a hat and made the rabbit reappear somewhere else, nobody would want to look into the hat to see if a duplicate rabbit was still there?
Most people will want to look in the cup, it is a normal reaction, all the misdirection in the world will not help, but that is covered in the directions when you get your CSI,
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 13, 2009 09:16AM)
Yes I use the Starbucks cup version and I do empty the cup out. I meant they don't care or remember if I drink the coffee. This is a great routine and I'm having a blast with it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
But they do want to see the empty cup, they don't care if you drink it or not,it is really fun to watch this effect , but more fun to do.
As I don't have this effect, I didn't know about the option to pour out the coffee.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearifying that.

Some very clever thinking might elevate this to much more than I initially thought!
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 13, 2009 07:27PM)
Mystification,

I'm glad that helped to explain it. So far I have had very good response from my performing CSI. All I can do of course is speak for me. I don't let the audience know what I'm up to prior to the vanish. I simply say this is a replica of Houdini's famous ring and allow the audience to handle it. I then ask a spectator to come up and inspect the lock and chain (as Houdini used to do I explain). I then have them lock the ring on the chain. BTW watch as they do this to insure it is done properly. I then introduce a cup of coffee as Houdinis drink of choice. I explain how it helped him hold his breath longer. Then I say "Hey lets try something" I tell the audience to see how long they hold their breath as I take the ring and place it in the coffee. I then pretend to take a breath but start to cough as if something got caught in my air way. I say wait lets start over (while I pull the ring(?) and chain out of the coffee) To all of our surprise the ring is gone! I explain something went wrong! Then I say "you know Houdini always had an axe-man ready for just such a case. I pour the coffee out and the ring is gone. I then go to my Samurai Sword (which I say Houdini was always fascinated with Oriental magic) and uncover it to show the ring has appeared on the sword complete with coffee smell. It flows so beautifully and the story line even intrigues me so it's fun to tell. And as with any thing I share on the Magic Café if anyone would like to use this idea in your show please do so with my blessings.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I visit a restaurant quit often and there are a lot of other men that gather around and talk about the stock market and politics. Can you say if I could present this effect using the restaurant's cup. Being after the vanish the coffee is toxic, can I go outside and throw the coffee on their garden of flowers without harming the environment? Secondly, will the coffee cup be able to be put in the bin with the other dishes the restaurant takes to the dish washer and I will be safe in knowing I have not killed or poisoned anyone?
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 16, 2009 01:47AM)
I would get a "To go" cup and do the effect at the end of your meeting. Then pretend to sip the coffee if you choose. But to be honest I like the prepared cup method the most. It really is a sight to see.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I don't have this effect. I'm not even sure I know how it works. But regarding the comments about drinking the coffee...

Why would you? Someone just dunked stuff into it. It's garbage now. I wouldn't drink a beverage if someone had dunked a necklace and a padlock into it!

As long as you can show the cup is empty except for the liquid... you're fine.

Ben
I perform this a bit, and I always pretend to have a sip almost immediately after. This generally get's a laugh out of the spectator as I sip it and say "tasty" with a cheeky smile.

I don't like the prepared cup method, but wmhegbli you could do it with the restaurant mug but not throw the coffee out in the garden. PM me if you have any questions and I will answer them the best I can without exposing.

Luke
Thanks very much gumpystock for the sharing of your ideas and routine, I think it's amazingly good !

I myself own a templar sword and planned to use it with CSI...

Houdini was even more fascinated with the Excalibur/King Arthur/Merlin's legend than oriental magic, didn't you know ;-)
Gumby sounds like a great guy, he has many post's that are very helpful, I hope some day to meet him in person and share ideas.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 16, 2009 10:40AM)
Mimo67,

My pleasure. I'm glad Houdini was interested in these things---aren't you? But I'm really really glad he wore this magic ring that you and I have a replica of ;-) ENJOY!

Good magic to all,

Eric

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 11:41am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave,

I'd love that. You too seem like a great guy to me. I'll buy the pizza.

Eric
I'll buy the beer............
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 16, 2009 10:43AM)
Deal!
Well if you all come to France we'll share those at my home, so when are you free ?
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 16, 2009 07:10PM)
Mimo67,

Now that would be great! Thanks for the invite---hey who knows maybe one day.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Let me know ;-)

By the way if ever you make a video of you CSI routine in live it would be cool to share too.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 17, 2009 12:48PM)
Believe it or not I have no idea how to upload (I think that's the term) videos or pictures onto the computer. I'm very much computer challenged. But maybe I will ask around and see if I can learn.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Sounds like a great effect. Looks just as good.

Now to get some money together... All you guy's that owned one now..... Is it worth the investment? How about that something extra you have to buy from the creator... At the cost of the trick, you would think they would have it included it, what ever it is>>LOL
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 23, 2009 09:22PM)
Spurlock,

To me it is well worth it. If I lost mine I would buy it all over again. The extra something is only if you need to do this right away. I say it's worth the effort of doing this just at the right time in your performance. I really like this a lot and I love the reaction from my audience when I perform it. Please keep in mind I do not do walk around so for me it is no problem to do this effect as a closer (or opener) and then go home and reset. When you do get it I'll try to answer some questions you may have.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Aug 23, 2009 10:46PM)
[quote]
On 2009-08-23 22:22, gumbystock wrote:
Spurlock,

To me it is well worth it. If I lost mine I would buy it all over again. The extra something is only if you need to do this right away. I say it's worth the effort of doing this just at the right time in your performance. I really like this a lot and I love the reaction from my audience when I perform it. Please keep in mind I do not do walk around so for me it is no problem to do this effect as a closer (or opener) and then go home and reset. When you do get it I'll try to answer some questions you may have.

Good magic to all,

Eric
[/quote]

Eric,

I purchased a CSI Ring off of one of the other Café members. Can you PM me more details on the "extra something" that speeds up the reset? I've emailed Lebanon about this but they've either bounced back or I received no response. Also, has anyone heard about other items (i.e. not just a ring)coming out using this same "secret"?

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

jeff

ps. I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the kit received so that you know that I do already do have this. :)
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 24, 2009 07:28PM)
Jeff,

PM sent.

Eric
Great video and genius cool idea and dangerous too but that never stopped me either.

Good work!!!

-=tabman
There is no danger, unless you drink the entire cup of coffee, and then........
Hey Eric:
I am planning on purchasing CSI. Do you think I should get the extra something" that speeds up the reset?.

Bob
[quote]
On 2009-08-24 20:46, dave wrote:
There is no danger, unless you drink the entire cup of coffee, and then........
[/quote]

...unless "you" or someone else...Prepare for the worst thing that might happen. Experience tells me that. If you manage the danger you'll be ok but for the careless person, you never know. It's still a beautiful effect.

The new saying is, [i]don't drink the coffee![/i]

-=tabman
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 24, 2009 11:45PM)
Hi Bob,

It depends. If you will do this walk around then you might want that extra. But honestly I'd wait until you receive this and then see what you think. I reset mine in about 20 min. But then again as I said I use mine in performances that are not walk around. But you can always order the extra later. Hope that helps.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 24, 2009 11:54PM)
Danger? I assume you mean either drinking the coffee or perhaps spilling it? I hold the cup. Always. But there is really no danger if you are careful. As far as drinking the coffee? Well it's been pretty well covered that you have a lock that has been handled by people along with a chain and ring that are all dipped into this coffee---so I pretty much would not drink it anyway. Again I've never been asked to drink it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Guy's , I own this an have from the early stages, what danger is there? also unless you plan on doing this several times in one day, you do not need anything, all you need is supplied, why not just buy the kit as it is, and then see if you need anything extra.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 25, 2009 09:14AM)
Dave,

That's exactly right. Btw---hi my friend.

Eric
Hey Eric:
Where can I get the Samurai Sword effect. I looked high and low at all the shops but no one seems to have it. Can you tell me where one can get one.?
Micro
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 27, 2009 11:53PM)
Micro,

You need to check Collector's Workshop for it. They sell out quickly but then they have them again for sale ok?

Good magic to all,

Eric
The sword is to magical,

just let them put some salt in the café and later produce the ring from the salt shaker...
And they don´t want to drink or taste the café anymore...

:)
You are right the Sword is too magical! I almost have to debrief the audience after they see this. It just about fries their minds. The salt shaker is a good idea and a lot less expensive but I have learned when you have something that is really working great to just leave it be. And this is an effect people REMEMBER me by even over a year or two later. Try it---you'll like it!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Btw I still use this and I was wondering if others who bought it still use theirs?

Good magic to all,

Eric
Don't even know what it is! The link is dead - that site doesn't seem to have this anymore. And I havent seen any other reviews or videos.

Jim
As Above
"You are right the Sword is too magical!"

Is this some special sword?
It is the Collectors Workshop Samurai Sword and it is wonderful. I myself can in no way imagine doing this without it now. The website is still up but now you have to Google (Or search) Lebanon Circle in order to get the right link. I had the same thing happen yesterday and had to Google it. It is a great effect where a ring is placed on a chain and vanishes when tipped in a hot liquid only to reappear elsewhere.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The website is up but it doesn't appear that the page offering CSI is available anymore.
Seems really cool. It's just that I can probably count on one hand the number of times I could perform it...

1. At the office (unless it did it separately for everyone there)
2. For family
3. At Church
4. for restaurant waitresses
Here is the link http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/cs_original.html
I still use it, I love it. Created a nice routine that the ring was once Houdini's that is a little bit different than the original routine. Also, I have the ring appear back in the ring box that was sitting on the table throughout the routine.

-Ron
[quote]
On 2012-03-08 01:53, Ron Vergilio wrote:
I still use it, I love it. Created a nice routine that the ring was once Houdini's that is a little bit different than the original routine. Also, I have the ring appear back in the ring box that was sitting on the table throughout the routine.

-Ron
[/quote]
It seems a little obvious to me. Do people ever figure it out? Is the "reset" ring good enough to look like someone's wedding band?
This is in no way obvious, the method is something very few people know about,and if they do, trying to back track is not easy, there is prep work involved and it is fun and easy, at least I don't mind doing it, for the right occasion, this is magical.
Certainly an odd way to vanish a ring, however, I'm fooled.
It gets GREAT reactions. The vanish is only half of it. When you make it reappear it is a great moment.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Is the padlock integral to the trick, or can it be left off?
It can be left off but it makes the vanish that much more intriguing as it "locks" the ring onto the chain. Without the lock the chain will be suspect in my opinion.

BTW, it's not obvious and when you have them take the stir stick and feel around there is no evidence. As Dave said, not many know about this "product".

The story I tell does not make the vanish strange. It all fits and makes sense. There is a reason to use coffee or a dark liquid in the story.

-Ron
It appears that the ring can withstand inspection before and after. Am I correct in that assumption?
[quote]
On 2012-03-09 12:23, CarlEJones wrote:
It appears that the ring can withstand inspection before and after. Am I correct in that assumption?
[/quote]
Yup, completely
Though I kind of like the use of the lock, I think the chain makes sense on its own, considering you are lowering the ring into hot liquid.
I've ordered this and its on the way.

The one I went for was the ring that looks like the lord of the rings with the writing on.

This coupled with the collectors workshop templar sword will make for a brilliant effect, well I hope so for what its costing!

I'll post a proper review / comment next week when it comes.

I spoke direct with the person at the company (can't recall the name) and he said you can even do this over and over in a walkabout situation which seemed an interesting application as I considered it more a parlour effect.

The kit I have ordered allows me to do this at least 10 times in a row without having to reset which even opens this up to table hopping at a push!

The ring can be held examined etc before it vanishes and after it comes back.

The reset has to be done at home or in private and takes some time so you won't be resetting on the night.
Ok, I might be way off here but does this thing require refills?
Seems like he didn't have the best spectator for the trick. He was rather unemotional. I do many of my tricks for two young women at the office that will scream OH MY GOD!!! at the top of their lungs for all of my tricks. Hmm, I wonder if I could outsource them for magicians making promotional videos.
Sorry found it in the FAQ :)

"Q – Do I need to buy refill packs for the gimmick?
A – No, unless you lose it of course. The rings will last you a lifetime if you look after them (they are metal after all!)"
Seems I'm way off in my suspected method. I thought you would use one gaff ring each time??
Do you get the black coffee cup included?
No coffee cup. I use my Samurai Sword with this now ALL THE TIME! It is perfect. I use a Houdini theme as well. I use the coffee as his "Water Tank" and I have a post card of him in front of the coffee. I lower Houdinis ring into the coffee and then show it has vanished. I pick up his picture and place it in front of the covered sword---you hear a "clink" and I pull off the curtain and the ring is on the Samurai Sword! It is just that clean folks I kid you not.

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]
On 2012-03-09 14:44, themagiczone wrote:
I've ordered this and its on the way.

The one I went for was the ring that looks like the lord of the rings with the writing on.

This coupled with the collectors workshop templar sword will make for a brilliant effect, well I hope so for what its costing!

I'll post a proper review / comment next week when it comes.

I spoke direct with the person at the company (can't recall the name) and he said you can even do this over and over in a walkabout situation which seemed an interesting application as I considered it more a parlour effect.

The kit I have ordered allows me to do this at least 10 times in a row without having to reset which even opens this up to table hopping at a push!

The ring can be held examined etc before it vanishes and after it comes back.

The reset has to be done at home or in private and takes some time so you won't be resetting on the night.
[/quote]
Lord of the Rings? You can have different ring styles?
[quote]
Lord of the Rings? You can have different ring styles?
[/quote]

When I was looking around on the site I found that you could order and use keys, crosses, pentagrams etc.

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/CSI_Sigils.html
[quote]
On 2012-03-09 20:51, The great Gumbini wrote:
No coffee cup. I use my Samurai Sword with this now ALL THE TIME! It is perfect. I use a Houdini theme as well. I use the coffee as his "Water Tank" and I have a post card of him in front of the coffee. I lower Houdinis ring into the coffee and then show it has vanished. I pick up his picture and place it in front of the covered sword---you hear a "clink" and I pull off the curtain and the ring is on the Samurai Sword! It is just that clean folks I kid you not.

Good magic to all,

I hope you are happy Sir! You've now convinced me to get the Mikame block trick, CSI AND the Samurai Sword!! And by the way, when I explained the block trick and CSI to my wife, she was more excited about these effects than any I've mentioned to her in a long time... She said, and I quote -- "Oh, you've GOTTA get those!!" I love my wife...... She's so smart and pretty....

Thanks!
carl

Eric
[/quote]
I didn't format that last post of mine correctly, sorry.

I was in a hurry.. Oops!

Anyway --- thank you Eric for increasing my magic budget this month!

carl
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Mar 12, 2012 12:13AM)
Carl---my pleasure my friend!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The ad says that the cup can be emptied in front of the spectator. Is that a fact, or is that another one of those advertising whoppers that requires three asterisks, two disclaimers and some dodgy handling?

Wait, I just realized that although the ad states that you can empty the cup in front of the spectators, it makes no representation that you will not expose the effect in the process. Clever...
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Mar 12, 2012 01:58PM)
You can empty the cup and NOT expose the effect. I use this one the most. It is explained in the dvd that comes with it. This effect is worth the time and money invested in it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I used this effect at a recent competition and it blew people away. I had people coming up to me afterwards asking me how I possibly vanish the ring. It truly is that powerful an effect. It does require some reset time and so it's not for table hopping but in the right circumstances it can really be strong...oh and I won the competition :)

I'm thinking of picking up one of the pendants...but which one?

jeff
Coffee is sometimes hot and sometimes not. I worry about having it handy for a little bit and it being hot enough.

Can you get HALF a vanish if it's not hot enough?? Thoughts?!

I want this and Samauri Sword but the total cost weighed against keeping the coffee hot enough worries me
Carl
I bought a small thermos that s holds 2 or 3 cups of coffee. Stays hot as long as you need. I just pour it into the cup to start the routine. No need to hide it if your doing a show. That way I can show the cup empty to begin with then pour the coffee in. All looks normal.

-Ron
I've ordered The Ring of Laetandar version.

You get everything including a cauldron which gives a valid reason for having hot liquid.

I just could not get to grips with the reasoning behind doing this with coffee.

It won't suit every style but its great for my needs.

I wish there were some sort of granuals you could buy that would instantly heat a cup of liquid, any ideas even a chemical reaction might do if its safe!
I was going to get this and then thought I might not. I showed my wife the video and she loved it... And she had better ideas on how I could use it than I did....

Looks like I'm going to get it after all!
This arrived today, I've not had chance to watch the DVD yet but the ring supplied went in the liquid and was not on the chain a few seconds later.

I was sent a normal ring in error as well as the Laetander, I did not like the look of the normal ring at all, go for the Laetender it looks more magical and you can do it more times as the ring is a lot smaller.
To those guys performing this with Samarai Sword.

Is this not weakening a great effect?

I'm sure it still get's great reactions, but it can't be as strong as a borrowed ring appearing on the sword.
They are 2 different effects really.

In my case it will be a story about a sword and a ring, it starts on the sword and vanishes to reappear back where it started.

The other samuria effect on its own is borrow a ring do whatever to vanish it and it appears on the sword, no logic really but a nice effect.

The sword is just a nice way to bring the effect to a close otherwise its just the ring has gone and that's it.

With The Ring of Laetandar version I've got I'm going to use the Templar Knight version as its a knights sword not a samuria which fits the charcter of the ring better.
How about this (inspired by Eric).
You talk about how Houdini could hold his breathe for a long time. As the ring is dipped in you and spec hold breathe (you don't really) They stop holding breathe after a while you do the same but open your mouth slowly to reveal the ring is now between your teeth.
They now pull chain up to see the ring has vanished.
One surprise after a quick look at the dvd.

It takes a couple of hours to complete the reset from start to finish, not that you are actually involved all this time just the lenght of time it takes start to finish.

Its a good job I ordered 2 sets so I can do 2 at the same time.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Mar 16, 2012 04:05PM)
David that is almost exactly how I perform it. It is a very logical way to vanish and reappear as we see it even performed to this day. A magician vanishes only to appear in the audience etc. I use a Houdini post card (he is chained up in it) to keep track of him starting out in front of the cup (The water chamber) and I then move the card to the sword area and to show the impossibility of it all his ring is found on the sword. Does this weaken the effect? I absolutely could not imagine performing this any other way now. I literally hear gasps from the audience when I pull the curtain off the sword and there LOCKED in on the sword is the ring. The combination IS expensive but save up and buy it---you will be thrilled with the response. I will say it is very strong on its own. This is just one of those winning combinations like Burgers and fries!

Good magic to all,

Eric
I've just watched a bit more of the dvd there is a reset which takes about 5 minutes, why he showed the one that takes hours I don't know?
If uou have the original equiptment that comes with the effect, the metal can be purchased on line for less,
This is quite easy 3 done already.

I ordred an extra kit so it looks like I'm going to get at least 8 out of it.
The kit now comes with "ultra" which is supposed to be better unless this is sales talk!

I asked the price and I did not see it online cheaper.
[quote]
On 2012-03-16 19:03, themagiczone wrote:
The kit now comes with "ultra" which is supposed to be better unless this is sales talk!

I asked the price and I did not see it online cheaper.
[/quote]
What's the ultra?
Its supposed to be a new type that is better than the old one that was supplied, it says not to mix the 2 so they must be different.

It is supposed to give you more time to be able to do the effect, with the first stuff it was recommend to do it asap.

The Laetandar ring looks great my son wanted to keep it!

The aging process is simple and very effective.
[quote]
On 2012-03-17 04:29, themagiczone wrote:
Its supposed to be a new type that is better than the old one that was supplied, it says not to mix the 2 so they must be different.

It is supposed to give you more time to be able to do the effect, with the first stuff it was recommend to do it asap.

The Laetandar ring looks great my son wanted to keep it!

The aging process is simple and very effective.
[/quote]

"More time to be able to do the effect" -- more time how? Would you please elaborate on this.

Thanks!
carl
When you are about to perform this you only have so much time to do so.

The Ultra is supposed to give you more time.

I can't say any more with actually saying how it works.

If you own this you will know what I mean.
This is an incredible trick and it gets blown away responses. I've also included this among my tricks that I can perform for the blind and the reaction is the same. I'll have my blind spectators inspect the ring, lock it onto the chain, and lower it into the cup.

Then by snapping on the cup a few times, the ring vanishes.