(Close Window)
Topic: Rabbit From Hat Production
Quite often here in "The little darlings" section there are discussions related to the great rabbit from the hat trick.

Recently, I got a Hank Lee's Direct Mail Booklet catalogue and on the 1st page is a new effect called [url=http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=6625&cat=&page=2][b]Rabbit from a Hat[/b][/url] which is a Skip Daniels $295.00 effect.

It is a hat box with a top hat in it which later produces a rabbit from it? Has anyone seen this performed? If so what do you think. I like rabbit productions.

I am posting it here because:
[list][b]
[*] A kid's Magician would likely buy and use it and
[*] This post would get lost in the Good, Bad, and Ugly section.
[/b][/list]
Haven't seen the effect, but I've seen the ad. I think its crap. The only way I'd buy this is if I found out it was more comfortable for the rabbit.

The best rabbit out of a hat is Eric Sharp's method. If you can't find his book, PM me and I'll describe it to you.

--Zack
Conversely I thought it looked rather interesting and a clever way to logically use the dove pan princple.
I think if I was going to invest in a rabbit production I would consider this as it is angle proof (at least it appears so form the ads) and has some internal logic built into it.
But then again, different strokes!
Zack,

I have many of Eric Sharp's books and paid to converted his PAL video's to VHS (They are not the best in quality viewing.)

Yes, his method is excellent, however, I am open to new concepts and my thinking is similar to Paynes. The logic is there and the protection for the rabbit is there. I just want to know if someone has seen it use and how it looks from an audience perspective.

The dove pan principle works with kids so should this. It is hard to beat Eric's method, except you must do his method up front in the very beginning of the show or have an assistant set it up prior to using it.
Yes, that's the big problem with Eric's method, and indeed with most methods. If this new device allowed me to load the rabbit at the beginning of the show, and produce it at the end with no discomfort to the rabbit...well frankly I'd probably buy it.