(Close Window)
Topic: Rattling Chop Cup
I have a small aluminum chop cup that apparently has a loose gimmick in it that moved around and rattles. Is there any way of fixing it?
I don't know of any method that is practical that you could use to fix it. It is probably one of those made by Morrissey.
Jakeg.

Ha-ha. I just got done sending you a PM which, in the end, suggested that you contact Bill Palmer!!

Mike
I can't imagine there would be a way that would be worthwhile (without taking it apart or something). I have a full-size Don Alan cup that has a similar problem.

I'd just buy a better one.
The magnet is loose, maybe hammering from the inside with a piece of wood (broom stick) until de aluminum compress the magnet?
[quote]
On 2009-06-27 20:46, Ethan Orr wrote:
I can't imagine there would be a way that would be worthwhile (without taking it apart or something). I have a full-size Don Alan cup that has a similar problem.

I'd just buy a better one.
[/quote]

Ethan,
it's not the magnet that is loose, it's most likely the insert. Send it back to us and we can fix this for you.

Epiphany
Wow, thanks! That's very generous. PM'd you.
I will follow Epiphany's advise and not mine ....
Drill two small holes inside. Fill one of the hole with some glue (the other one is just to allow the air going out when the glue gets in). Clean the excess glue. Put a dot of paint over the holes. That should do.
The gaff is what is loose, not the ****net. The cup could have been dropped or banged to where the gaff that is spun in, came loose.

We can put this back on the lathe and tighten the gaff back into place.
Epiphany
Competency with that smile and that first name will drive you into lawsuits for unfair competition...
[quote]
On 2009-07-07 17:04, Lawrence O wrote:
Epiphany
Competency with that smile and that first name will drive you into lawsuits for unfair competition...
[/quote]

Lawrence,
thank you for such kind words.

Epiphany