(Close Window)
Topic: Ring of Plenty
I am looking for the trick that I think was being sold by Hocus Pocus, by the name Ring of Plenty, but I can't currently find it.

The effect was to cover a 3-4" ring with tissue paper, then poke through the paper and produce anything that would fit through the ring. As I remember, it was rather inexpensive, so maybe not that good.

If you know anything about this, let me know.

Thanks;
John
Hasn't anyone seen this?
I recall something like that in an old magic kit. You can make one easily. The key is that the ring 'drum head' conceals a load steal from between your shirt buttons. As you pop the paper you reach through and can extract most anything like a silk. Then placing the ring on the table allows the hand with the bundled silk to load something else even larger.
Thanks.

I can see how a "drum head" type method could produce silks, but I'm not sure how convincing it would be to pull out a 3-D object if I set it on the edge of a table.

Yet, it was just a few bucks, and you remember it from a (kids) magic kit, so it may not be that spectacular.

John
A description of how to make a drum head like this to produce objects is in Tarbell somewhere. I forgot exactly where but if you're interested I can look it up for you.
I would appreciate the reference; I have the Tarbell series, but I don't remember this.
[quote]
On 2009-08-14 22:14, John Long wrote:
Yet, it was just a few bucks, and you remember it from a (kids) magic kit, so it may not be that spectacular.
[/quote]

well, cups and balls -- linking rings -- rice bowls, TT's, etc. also come in those kits. It's just a tool -- it's value is what you make of it.
I've changed my mind. See my pm for a modification to this that I think has great possibilities.

John