(Close Window)
Topic: Help me finish this line...
There's a point in one of my routines where I am explaining that I have made a prediction. I want to say something along the lines of...

"People find out I'm a mentalist and want to know why I don't just predict tomorrows lottery numbers and retire. The fact is, when big money is on the line I choke like .................."

I can't think of a funny way to finish this line- hopefully something not too offensive!

Any ideas?
Instead of choke, why don't you do a play on mental and say...The fact is , when big money is on the line, I totally loose my mind.
You might find some ideas in the following thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=171826&forum=15&start=0
Father P : that's it! Pit Boss that line kills, use that, its a perfect fit and stays well within the mentalism patter.
Father Photius will always help you out. Good line.
Very nice Father Photius.

"People ask me why I don't just predict tomorrows lottery numbers and be done with it. "Use your mind" they say. Well, when big money's on the line, I'm more apt to LOSE my mind than USE my mind."

Thanks for the help. (other contributions still welcome)

JD
People find out I'm a mentalist and want to know why I don't just predict tomorrows lottery numbers and retire. The fact is I find that when there's big money is on the line I'm like a man with a broken fly in a restroom....I know what I want to do but I just can't seem to get it out.
Good one Neal. Thanks
Because I took an oath to use my powers for good and not personal gain.
I would do this to win the lottery but then I would have to give half to my wife, and she has way too many shoes as it is!
I like that one a lot Floyd. And, it's based in truth!

Thanks, JD