(Close Window)
Topic: Tennis Ball Chop Cup
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Jul 29, 2009 03:48PM)
I have just received the Stephane Bourgoin Tennis Ball Chop Cup and for those who like a logical reason for things (I know you're all out there!) this is a very commercial idea.

The cup itself is fashioned from a genuine tennis ball container and the final loads are very congruent, being regulation tennis balls.

If you want to check some pics out I put a few up with the review here;
http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/The-Tennis-Chop-Cup.html

This is also a very modestly priced item for what you receive.

Bri
It's even cheaper to gaff a can of bullion cubes or a can of Vienna Sausages
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Jul 30, 2009 06:43AM)
It sure is and people have been gaffing their own items since chop cups were invented. For those who want a review of a commercial product then I am happy to help by offering this.
Its not only a nice collection piece but also serve as a different presentation piece for the lay public. I am enjoying my set.
I like it too James. May I ask, do you use your own make balls for this? The ones supplied do tend to talk a bit.
Bri
Yes, Bri, I use my own felt tennis balls and also in different colors and sizes.
This looks like a really neat chop cup, I'd like to get my hands on one!

How's the durability of the cup? ...as far as bending and denting?
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Aug 13, 2009 04:36PM)
It's about as fragile as a regular tennis ball tube which they aresupplied in as it is made from one.
Treat that tube with TLC as you are treating your girlfriend (without the quarelling) and it will last for some time. :bg:
Cute and flimsy. I don't consider it a real worker's cup.
Many of the cups that come on the market are more novelties than anything else.

Paul Romanhy came out with a thing called "Turkish Delight" that was anything but a delight. It was a "custom made" miniature fez with a fairly standard one cup and ball routine. The fez was made of cardboard covered with multicolored satin. The durability factor was about nil.

The DVD was apparently filmed in the billiards room of a cruise ship. He rushed the filming, so there were some rather clumsy mistakes on the end product. It was overpriced, in my opinion.
[quote]
On 2009-08-14 12:01, Frank Starsini wrote:
Cute and flimsy. I don't consider it a real worker's cup.
[/quote]

Its NOT! I have one and they are very happy in his drawer. The gimmick have a problem of take the ball in place that don't make a Worker's Cup.
Any way is a nice idea and I appreciate it!