(Close Window)
Topic: Software for Script Writing
I'm getting back into performing after a break of a couple centuries (feels like) and starting to write some scripts. Does anyone here use specific software for writing scripts/bits?

I'm not looking for one to use -- I created some writing software and am tweaking it to use specifically for scripts and am just wondering what others are using. You know, so I can see whether there are some cool features I should add to mine. =;)

Jay Jennings
Pen & Paper...

I can't type as fast as I think - although my thought processes are slowing down...
Hehe, I don't touch-type, but it's pen and paper that slows me down. Maybe just too many years on a keyboard, but since I edit on the fly I can't stand physical writing tools any more. =:)
Thanks.

Jay Jennings
Celtx

a free professional program.
As a professional writer I use whatever word-processer is oon the computer. The more features you have, the more excuses you have not to write.
Having said that Apple have a programme designed specifically for authors, but only available on Macs. I am thinking of investing in it for future books. Sorry, I dan't remember the name of the programme.
Montage for Mac is one.

http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=104
Tom, whats a pen and paper? I am still using a slate and chalk.
Celtx is an option, but if you don't need an industry standard screenplay format, an Openoffice (or MS Word, or <insert good enough word processor here>) self-made template with styles would be sufficient (plus you are not limited by monospace fonts such as Courier, which can make your format look nicer).
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 21:06, JimbosMagic wrote:
Tom, whats a pen and paper? I am still using a slate and chalk.
[/quote]

LOL - Jimmy, just saw that!
Im just starting to learn vent, but all my magic scripts and routines are assembled using mind manager. Once I got used to it, never went back to linear writing (as in a word processor).
I remember some years ago trying out a mind mapping program for a while, it was interesting, and I could see it's potential, but not for me, I am REALLY old-fashioned, I still like paper and pencil.
I use final draft which is a script writing software..
I also have an extension program which syncs up scripting with physical action side by side..
It's originally for writing commercials, but it works when writing physical goings ons when dialog is not happening.
I use that for putting it into proper format, but I usually flesh out ideas with pen and paper as well.
I like Final draft....it's like the industry standard from what I understand (for TV screen plays and movie scripts) maybe over kill for banter scripts.
Many years ago, in Magic Magazine, there was a Don Wayne article where he explained his creative methods. He describes a system using several paper slips where different parts of a routine are written down. The reasoning behind this idea is very intelligent and useful. Mind manager allows you to use the same principle without the paper slips.