(Close Window)
Topic: David Blaine
Does David Blaine ever do shows for crowds. Or does he just do his TV shows. I have never seen David Blaine in Vegas or something like that advertised. Why not?
Blaine is supposedly working on a new travelling show that will bring him all across the country...

Houdini 10-31-26 :swordbasket:
I would really like to see that. I think it would be quite interesting to see how he incorporates street style magic into a travelling show.
Ronald R. Romiski
He is also working on a movie, Trick Monkey.
Wow trick monkey. Looks good. Time to look for more info!
Harry Houdini was a great magician but he became really successful when he gave up doing magic tricks and started to do escape stunts.. I think David Blaine is following in his footsteps...
[quote]
On 2004-01-09 16:25, netartifacts wrote:
Harry Houdini was a great magician but he became really successful when he gave up doing magic tricks and started to do escape stunts.. I think David Blaine is following in his footsteps...
[/quote]

He has a lot of respect for Houdini. He talked more about Houdini in his new book than he did about himself. I think you are right.
Trick Monkey is a movie based on Blaine. It would star Robert De Niro as a magician and Leo DiCaprio as his apprentice. Here's a link that says basically what I just did. http://www.1streetmagic.com/david_blaine/david-blaine-news-updates.htm
"He has a lot of respect for Houdini."

I agree. I believe he does.

"He talked more about Houdini in his new book than he did about himself."

However this seems to be insanely inaccurate!
[quote]
On 2003-06-01 16:11, prescott wrote:
Does David Blaine ever do shows for crowds.[/quote]

Because he can't; most of his tricks are camera tricks and use stooges!
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
Best regards, Tom :angry:
[quote]
On 2003-06-01 16:11, prescott wrote:
I have never seen David Blaine in Vegas or something like that advertised. Why not?
[/quote]

Because to get shows in Vegas you have to have original acts, with original tricks, and very entertaining performances. David Blaine does none of these.
He respects Houdini, but his biggest influence is his mother, guess she's a better magician then.....?

:rotf: :rotf:

-e-
In this months "MAGIC" magazine it says that Blaine has been working on a live show in New York that is to be on 24 hours a day. Apparently he has been working on this project for seven years. This has not happened yet but it's in the pipe line after the "dive of doom" or whatever it's called. :rotf:
David Blane is not a Street Magi. He is good at promoting himself, and he uses any means possible. He is a guy that does tricks and stunts. If he has ever passed the hat, then it has not come back full.
In my mind he is not a Street Performer, rather he is in love with himself as opposed to being in love with the street. Overall he is good at what he does, if you like that kind of thing, but Street Magi, NO.
God Bless Him :rotf:
I think this has been discussed in another thread, and the conclusion was that he does "strolling street magic" A hybrid of street magic and strolling magic.
I like Blaine!
He has done some shows but its his same tricks he doesn't do stage magic with wires and all that stuff
Blaine does great magic, he is the "Worlds Best Illusionist" or atleast I think so
Blaine's content of tricks may not be too original but he has a knack for creating genuine interest in his performances. I would be very interested in what kind of "hook" he has developed for a stage show.
If you wanna find info on blaine's movie trick monkey go to http://www.1streetmagic.com
It is called vertigo and ihe will be airing it on may 22nd and it should be great. Hope you enjoy.
I want everyone to just think about this for a second....Can you imagine him during a live show, and someone asked him to levitate? I mean, that's his biggest trick, that's what got all the laypeople (and some magicians) going 'WOW' over. And it doesn't quite work live either.
He only does live shows for endangered human tribes, in way off jungle outposts. and only then after they eat some hoochoo hunting broth that trips them out.

[JOKE!!! not ment as a flame]
Well, I'm new, very new to magic. It has been an interest for a while. Though many of you magicians may dislike or think he is just average, to us average Joes, he is awesome. Not for just levitating, but all his close up magic is great. Don't get me wrong, it might not be traditional magic, and I do have respect for the old style, but for us regular ole every day people, his style is very appealing to watch. There may be other magicians just as good or better than Blaine, but we don't have an easy way of seeing these magicians in action.