(Close Window)
Topic: Devoe Magic Den
Does anyone have stories about Devoe's Magic Den in St. Louis? Especially when he was downtown close to the stadium. I have a lot of great Saturday afternoon memories of Gene's shop.
Message: Posted by: christopher carter (Jun 6, 2003 10:28AM)
I remember visiting his shop on my 12th birthday. That was the downtown shop. It looked like a real magic shop, if you know what I mean. I particularly recall the scale model Buzz Saw illusion. But Gene really intimidated me. Still, I bought 110 dollars worth of magic. That included a Rings-n-Things set of ten inch linking rings, the Tarbell course, a large Square Circle production, and I think maybe a few other things. I guess that list alone dates my visit, but it feels like yesterday.

--Chris
I think it was in 1983 was when I stopped in with a friend, and what a shop. I remember them showing me a jumbo card zig-zag. I was about $25.00 short to purchase it, and am still looking for one. If anyone was there and knows what I am talking about, please respond.

Magically,

nuttymagic
sales@hippityhop.com
I think I have a source for the Jumbo Zig-Zag Card. I'll Check it out.
I remember Devoe's shop. I went there a few months before it closed down. It was packed with magic and a barrel illusion that was there I think to attract attention, which it did. I wanted to go back later, but it had closed.