(Close Window)
Topic: Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook
All,

It is my honor to introduce Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook. Over the last year (or so), I have enjoyed reading Rob's wonderful thoughts and routines regarding mentalism. What I like about Rob's work is the brilliant use of nuance and subtlety, which has contributed, no doubt, to his inclusion in the latest volume by Banachek (PS3). It is well deserved.

Rob and I once worked as demonstrators in the same magic shop in Texas and I can tell you all of his work is marked with the care and diligence of an artist. While I have not had the priviledge of seeing him perform as a mentalist (these 15 years later), I do know the quality of his work.

Because I wrote the Foreword to his ebook and I consider him my friend, I will not write a review, but I will list the contents and where to buy this wonderful resource. It is my hope that others who have read any of these works (read: those who read advance copies of the individual routines), will speak up. Later, I add some of my thoughts, as well.

Here it is:

"The Eureka Moment" is a collection of thought-provoking demonstrations from Robert Domenech. Within the virtual pages of this e-book you will find routines that range from the simple to the bold and daring. While each routine is described in full detail (including color pictures and even a video), please note that this is NOT a book for beginners!

Included within:

Afterthought - An impromptu method of reading minds.

Brute Strength - The performer guides a participant through a demonstration of mind over matter. The end result leaves the volunteer with a souvenir to remember you by.

Poolside Prediction - A jaw-dropping prediction that is clean and simple.

About Face - A participant is able to correctly identify the name of someone he's/she's never met before.

A Strange Feeling - A completely impromptu routine that packs a serious punch! All that's required are: A marker/pen, one or more participants, and nerves of steel.

Memory Lane - The performer is able to describe, in great detail, an actual memory from a participant's mind. This is a very flexible routine that gives the performer plenty of room to play with his own skill-set.

Price: $30

Available here http://theeurekamoment.blogspot.com/

With regards,

Sean
Thanks for the mention, Sean!

I've had a lot of inquiries regarding the release of this e-book. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or send me an email.

I'm hoping to get some reviews up soon.

-rob
Hi, is there anymore review on this?? I would like to know what people think of each trick?
ZolyaKumar,
Reviews are coming shortly. Whether or not they choose to review each individual effect is up to the reviewer.

-rob
I can, of course, post my own reviews of each effect, but I must warn you that I will be a bit biased. ;)

-rob
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 12, 2009 02:33PM)
I received the book, but had not time to read it, yet.

I will report back when finished with it.

However, by perusing at the contents, I already saw two effects I already knew because Rob shared them with me some time ago, so I know they are good!
Thanks LOTH! Means a lot coming from you and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest of the stuff you haven't read yet.

-rob
Here is the first review to come in on another thread that was locked due to a duplicate topic.

[quote]
On 2009-08-12 6:33pm, magicmayne wrote:
I have never done a review before but this ebook really caught my eye and havent really seen anybody mention it yet.

I just finished reading through my copy of The Eureka! Moment yesterday and I must say that I am really impressed with this purchase. The thinking behind each routine is original and creative. In the description of the book, Rob states that this is a series of thought provoking routines and this is not limited to the people you perform this on, but to yourself as well. Memory Lane and about face stand out to me as examples of this.

Here are my thoughts on the individual tricks -

Afterthoughts - I've had the chance to try this one out and it works like a charm! This is a really fun routine that can be done at moments notice. I've always been hesitant to try out this method, but this routine is just what I've been looking for to give me the confidence to try it out. This will be my go-to trick when I leave home without any props.

Brute Strength - Wow! This is a really clean, in the spectators hand PK routine that is just great! I really love how smooth the actions of this routine are coordinated.

Pool side Prediction - I actually read this one in the Nailwriter Anthology (great book!). It got my vote then and it get's my vote now. (By the way, who won the contest for the Nailwriter book?)

About Face - What a creative plot! I cannot wait to try this one out. This is one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" routines. Very very strong effect.

Strange Feeling - Another perfect example of rob's thinking outside of the box style. He challenges the reader to try out this routine and I can now see why he says it requires nerves of steel. This is definitely a risk=reward demonstration.

Memory Lane - I LOVE this! So simple in method, but pure artistry in execution. I tried this one out with a group of friends and it really looks like the real thing! I wish that I was the only one that has this. Rob, if you're reading this, please, PLEASE take this one out of further copies of the book!

I believe that is it!

I give this the highest recommendation to anybody that takes this art seriously a solid 10 out of 10 for both value and caliber of material. I'm really looking forward to future releases from him. Great job and thank you.
[/quote]
To any buyers that are using a Mac:

Make sure that you open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat and not the default Preview application. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from http://www.adobe.com

-rob
I have also received this. It is well written and contains some good ideas but before I comment further I need to read and reread it. Give me some time.
My payment has been sent. I hope I have this in my inbox soon :)!

-Aleksi Hietanen
Aleksi,
You should have it in your inbox right now!

-rob
I was promising rob I'd post my thoughts after reading TEM... but I've been outside of internet range for the last couple of weeks.

I was very excited to read it, I first met Rob a couple of years ago at a workshop in Vegas and he blew us all away with a great presentation of mindreading that left us all scratching our heads. Then last year I saw him again and he showed me another effect that he shares in this ebook which I think is one of those "worth the price of admission" effects... and if I'm not mistaken its Sean Waters favourite effect in the book also.

That said, there are a number of other effects and ideas well worth ones attention. I really enjoyed his thoughts "around" the last effect in the ebook... an Reminiscence-esque demonstration. The method won't shake anybody's world... but Rob's discussion of the way he uses Cold Reading within the effect might. Real world, real useful stuff.

There's Poolside Prediction which I had already read in The NW Anthology (one of the most popular effects from that book, I might add). Again, we're all familiar with NW'ers but Rob's touches are well worth reading.

There's a Coin Bend that Rob gives a nod to Paolo, but it also reminded me a bit of Andrew Gerard's Psyche, but with a different handling that Rob plucked from the work of one of the Masters of Classic Magic... for which many other uses can be found for the ambitious mentalist.

And much more. :)

Congratulations Rob. Great work... and I look forward to seeing what you're working on next Mindvention.
I just wanted to pop in and update everyone now that I've had the chance to actually perform more of the effects but in particular his strange feelings routine, simple, creative, and in my opinion the BEST yes I said BEST impomtu routine I have ever come across and probably ever will.(its pretty hard to beat) I performed this last night at my gig and it destroyed everyone the strongest reaction I had of the night. Did I mention you can be naked performing this? (just throwin that out there.) having a spectator feel what you wrote on YOUR hand. cant get more pure than that. 3 phase routine. Def. be performing this more and more
thank you rob again for putting this material out.
Thanks for the kind words David.

The routine that you saw me do in Vegas (the one that left everyone scratching their heads) might actually be released in the near future. I know that after I performed it, a lot of people were asking about it and, at the time, I had no interest in a release. I spoke with a well-known mentalist (who will remain nameless until things become official) who may be putting out a new contribution to the community that will contain my routine as a contribution. It's really one of my most closely guarded secrets, but I think it's about time to let it go.

I strongly believe that most that read "A Strange Feeling" will never try it out and, therefore, never reap the benefits of the demonstration. It's a lot of fun and the reactions are great every single time! I'm sure that magicmayne can attest to that.

Thanks again to those who have posted reviews.

-rob
Rob, thanks for sending me the ebook! I really enjoyed your work so I decided to post some of my thoughts about each effect.

- AFTERTHOUGHTS -

A simple 3 phase mind reading routine with a nice presentation. Nothing new or groundbreaking though. Personally I'm not going to use this since I already do same kind of an effect which I prefer over this one.

- BRUTE STRENGTH -

Coin bending effect that happens in the spectators hand with his/her "own signed coin". I really like this one: Simple, motivated and yet easy to do. I'll definitely try this one. Anyway, I'm not familiar with too many coin bends so I cant nompare it to many others.

- POOL SIDE PREDICTION -

Great presentation! Too bad I don't play pool or know any pool players so I don't know when I'll have a chance to try this. However, this could work as a publicity stunt or something like that. If you have a chance to perform for pool players this is a must :D.

- ABOUT FACE -

This one is another winner presentation! I don't want to reveal too much but if you are experienced enough to pull this off you will love this! Simple, direct and astonishing. Some proficiency and confidence in certain technique needed.

- STRANGE FEELING -

This is easily my favourite routine in this ebook. Again, killer presentation, completely impromptu, NO PROPS OF ANY KIND. There's nothing more to say. I love this.

I got this book only a few days ago but I already have done this effect twice. It worked both times and got great reactions though I still need to do some work with my script to get the best out of this.

Btw, both times I did this with a couple to demonstrate the emotional connection between them. The presentation worked very well.

- MEMORY LANE -

I rarely do stage shows so I really can't say too much about this. This would be really good in the right hands.

The true value of this book lies in presentational angles and little subtleties. If you are looking for new methods or techniques you will be disappointed. But I'm sure you are not. This ebook for sure gets my recommendation!

-Aleksi
I really do love Rob's work.

He's a great guy and we go way back, That is why I wanted to let other people make comments before I did. I really love "A Strange Feeling" and "Afterthought" particularly (well and "Memory Lane" too). Well really all of the routines.

What I like about his work is that these are not-pipe dreams or tedious effects. These are all very workable routines, with great detail in "selling" the effect. I really appreciate Rob's brilliant use of subtlety. He's a creative machine.

With regards,

Sean
I am really glad to hear the great response about "A Strange Feeling"! Maybe this one should have been an individual release...hmmmmm.

Aleksi,
I've had much experience with doing "A Strange Feeling" with couples and it hits really hard. I love it and I'm glad you are using it. Anthony Jacquin mentioned the idea of throwing in a hypnotic twist to the routine and I would love to hear more about it from him. Anthony, you hear that? ;)

Also, don't overlook "Brute Strength". I've used this routine for close-up on college campuses and in walk around settings and it get's really good reactions. You can tell from the included video that comes with the e-book that the actions of the routine are very smooth and above suspicion. Try this one out! You won't regret it.

-rob

PS. I just want to add that all orders for "The Eureka Moment" will be sent out on the same day the e-book is ordered.
Brute Strength reminds me of Andrew Gerard's Key Accessory because it got me going on coin bending as Andrew's routine got me going on key bending. This is good stuff.

A Strange Feeling is fun too.

I like this PDF.

John
John,
thank you for such a nice compliment! Brute Strength is the only metal bending routine that I do because it's not me doing the bending, it's the participant. This is important to me because my performing character does not have this ability.

Of course you don't have to perform Brute Strength in someone else's hands. You can simply hold the coin at your fingertips and bend it yourself.

It also sounds like A Strange Feeling has yet another fan! Glad to hear it.

-rob
I have received about a half-dozen emails asking if my e-book is now sold out. I'm not sure where people are getting this information, but I just want to be clear that, as of right now, there are no plans to have this book listed as a limited release. The e-book is definitely still on sale.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to let me know.

-rob
This just in from Jerome Finley regarding "The Eureka Moment":

[quote]
Rob Domenech has produced a wonderful offering for the mentalism community in a style that is uniquely his own. For the strength, flexibility and quality of this work the price tag alone will have you shouting 'Eureka!' This is a great find where the real value is much more than the asking price.

Within this book lies a collection of signature 'Rob D.' material. I smiled as I read through his tremendous first offering and when I think of Rob Domenech the effects contained herein immediately spring to mind. I met Rob years ago and many of the pieces contained within 'Eureka' are effects and presentations he shared with me way back then. It's so refreshing to see a dedicated performer that has put in the necessary hard work and continued to actively use and promote the growth of these routines so he could share them with you in their fullness.

'Eureka' and Rob Domenech are very welcome energies in the mentalism community at this time. I enjoyed this book and the style in which it was written very much and I believe that you will too.

Well done, Rob.

-Jerome Finley

[/quote]
EUREKA review:

First off I want to mention that I did not really bought a copy from Rob, but won this from a contest that he held over at the 'Penny for your Thoughts' section. I enjoyed reading the ebook. And Im not saying this because I just thought I owe Rob doing that. Im saying that because its true.

The ebooks is a collection of 6 solid effects, ranging from effects that you can perform impromptu to routines that requires a certain quantity of preparation. Most of the effects as I see them are most appropriate for close-up work: my kinda thing.

The routines:

'Afterthought'

This is a simple mind reading routine regarding 2 pieces of information that progresses [i]logically[/i] (unlike some routines that exists that are similar). I really like routines where I can ask the participant to go through a mental journey, and this is one of those routines that readily allows that. I the presentation that Rob describes in the ebook. The method is impromptu, simple and time-tested. A huge plus for me.

'Brute Strength'

A coin is borrowed, signed, and is hold onto by the participant. And yet it bends. I have not really tried a lot of metal bending in my performances, but have been thinking of adding some in the near future. This one will probably make it. Rob also sends a short video clip of him doing this piece and it really looks very deceptive.

'A Strange Feeling'

I LOVE this type of routines. It takes guts, but plays very very strong. This is my favorite from this ebook. This also makes a great 'prequel' for a drawing duplication. I will be using it that way.

I don't have anything else to say but that I this has found its way to the top of my favorite list...

'Poolside Prediction', 'About Face' & 'Memory Lane'

I really can't say much about these routines for some reasons: like my non-interest in using a NW and being a close-up performer and not someone that is thinking of doing a stage show in the near future. These routines are not simply for me (at the moment) The routines are great though. (I really like the presentation behind 'Poolside Prediction' because I am an avid pool player.)...If someday I am to perform on stage, I will consider performing 'Memory Lane'. Its a great routine with a great presentation. It kinda reminds me of what Derren Brown did on one of his shows.

THANK YOU Rob for releasing something like this.

Highly recommended!
"A Strange Feeling" strikes again! I had no idea that it would be such a big hit!

Thanks for the review, Alel.

-rob
Rob,

The book's a pearl...full of gems...now that's value!!!

Nathan
Over the last few weeks I have been killing with "A Strange Feeling"! It will have a permanent place in my impromptu set.

-Aleksi
Thanks Nathan and Aleksi.

I'm truly amazed with the responses I've been getting about the book.

-rob
LOVE the presentation and method for 'A Strange Feeling'

Not yet tried it but will do for sure..

It will make a killer 'impromptu' addition to my set. You've gotta love AAA type miracles. Thanks for releasing this Rob. It is a brilliant piece of thinking!

Chris
Bond19,

Thank you so much! "A Strange Feeling", by and large, is the number one routine in the book according to readers. I'm really happy about this!

-rob
This just in from Paul Brook:

-----------------------------
"I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this book, and finding myself happily surprised with the workability and strength of the effects. Retrospectively the effect 'Afterthought' springs to mind as a great piece of impromptu mentalism with a personal touch. Equally the bold nature of 'A Strange Feeling' is an effect to excite the performer, and test those big brass ones! Since reading 'A Strange Feeling' I have been performing it regularly to astonishing reactions from my punters. Grab a copy and test the size of your pair!"

Paul Brook - Professional Mind Reader
http://www.HeKnows.co.uk

-----------------------------

-rob
A big "hello" to all of you. I have been sick for a while, and I haven't had the opportunity to actually write a review about Rob's ebook, "Eureka Moment". I feel that my review will help contextualize how awesome this ebook really is.

Rob is a very close friend of mine. In fact, we live about 5 minutes apart from one another. I've ACTUALLY SEEN ROB PERFORM SEVERAL TIMES... impromptu mentalism, stage mentalism, and "walk-around" pieces. Rob is extremely meticulous about his craft, and he is a purist. He loves his art, and he would never contribute anything less than his best. (And that is why Banachek included him in the most recent PS3.) I can testify that the routines in this book all work. I've seen them all performed.... and they are phenomenal.

Everytime I see Rob, I smack him in the face for pricing this material at only $30.00. (The swelling goes down in 30 minutes or so... after some ice.) This stuff is good. Really really good. With everything out there, I seldom get what I pay for. This material is worth every penny.

Thank you, Rob, for helping all of us become better at what we do. Your first (of many) written contribution is as solid as your commitment to this art form.

-Jim Munroe
http://www.whatisthemaze.com
It is clear in reading this eBook that the material is WELL TESTED and works for the author, Rob. It shows in the degree of detail to which he goes in certain routines.

What I found is that there is something very strong for every level. I predict that as people move over time from the easier routines to the more bold ones, they will realize greater and greater wisdom in this manuscript.

Strange Feeling is an awesome totally impromptu routine. The presentation is engaging and has a degree of elegence to it in the way it shares its power with the participant.

I too am victim of affection for Afterthought. WOW!

I love the adaptation Brute Strength employs and if I wasn't already set in a bending routine I might take this one up.

I'm surprised more has not been said for Memory Lane. What a beautiful image to present for your audience. Double WOW!

Brilliant job Robert!
Thank you to both Jim and Tom for your comments on the book.

You know, Tom, I was wondering the same thing about "Memory Lane", but I think the reason why there's not so much buzz about it is simply because it is something that would need to be worked into a stage show. Granted that this can also be done in a cabaret setting or at a small party, I think that once people give this one a try and see how flexible and believable it is, more talk will commence about it. This routine, when handled properly, can sometimes bring your participant to tears...in a good way!

Thanks again guys for your praise.

-rob
Just thought I would chime in and say that if you don't like displaying your brass ones for 'A Strange Feeling' it is very easy to have a pocket/wallet index of the remaining options. As long as the participant is unaware that you have written on your hand, of course. Easily done with a turn style biro, instead of a clicky one :)

Great presentation, Rob.

Cheers,

-Paul
Or treat the remaining outcome as though it were expected and proceed to your next effect capitalizing on all of this. If you have the manuscript, this should make sense.
If anyone has any ideas/variations for "A Strange Feeling" and would like to contribute them to a new manuscript that focuses specifically on this routine, please send me an email.

-rob
I know I'm a little bit behind but today I had a chance to take a really good look at "The Eureka Moment" by Rob Domenech.

This is the kind of mentalism I love. Right to the point, and every piece involves the audience on an intimate level.

Other things have been said about each piece, and I agree with those that have mentioned that each one is great.

I LOVE "About Face."...This is exactly the thing you would think of when you ask yourself "As a mentalist, what kind of journey do I want to take people on?"

Again, each and every piece in the book is a wonderful piece of theatre in and of itself.

"Afterthought" is a great tool in the arsenal. With this routine you are always ready to prove your worth.

"Brute Strength" is a perfect write-up of what I have been trying for so long to figure out in terms of structure. I don't do bending, but I could see myself doing this routine, for reasons that owners of [i]The Eureka Moment[/i] will understand.

"A Strange Feeling" is getting its recognition for a reason. It's beautiful, and again you are given weapon you will now have in your anytime-anywhere arsenal.

I'm also very excited about "Memory Lane." This routine uses a technique that I have never used before. You know you are reading good stuff when the routines change your mind about your own approaches to the art. Sorry for being cryptic, but this effect was an eye opener for me. Thanks for that Mr. D.

Some of you will already be familiar with "Poolside Prediction" from the brilliant NW Anthology. The fact that it was published before may have caused it to not be commented on as much in reviews of Rob's book. It's killer, and moves perfectly, like an eight ball dropping ever so quietly in a side pocket.

As mentioned by those before me, all of the nuances and subtleties coupled with the fact that these routines are tried and tested many times in the trenches make this book a true treasure. Rob has worked through the learning curve on these pieces and given the reader access to the results.

I highly recommend this ebook, and I agree that the price is way less than what it is worth.

Thank you Mr. Domenech for a very welcome contribution to the art.

DT3
Thank you Don Theo for the comments about the book!

For those of you that don't know this already, there was one routine that did not make it to the book only because I felt that there was already enough real-world material in there for
the price. This one routine, "Thoughts Across", is a doozy and I have plans to release it as a stand-alone demonstration. I have shared this idea with only a small select few and the reactions have all been good...really good.

More info to come very soon, so hang in there.

-rob
If "Thoughts Across" is of the same caliber of the work in "The Eureka Moment" then I am definitely looking forward to it.

Might even lose a little sleep in anticipation ;-)

D.
Oh, I'm sure you find it to your liking.

-rob
Is there a set date yet for this little release? Looking forward to it!
[quote]
On 2009-10-15 13:00, Thaumaturge wrote:
Is there a set date yet for this little release? Looking forward to it!
[/quote]

I've been extremely busy recently so I am sorry to say that I don't have a date for
you. I'll try yo get it out as quick as I can, but I'm gearing up for a brand new show that debuts in February 2010. The show has my priority, but I'm trying to do the write up of the manuscript in my down time. I'll keep everyone posted.

-rob
I've gotten a handful of emails regarding "Thoughts Across" and what the routine looks like. Here is a completely honest description of the routine:

The performer sits down at a table and is asked to show his strange abilities. He reaches into his jacket and removes a single business card and a Sharpie marker. Placing the items on the table, he asks the lady sitting directly across from him to simply think of a name of someone close to her. The performer now uncaps the marker, picks up the business card and looks intensely at the woman for a few beats then quickly writes something down and tables the card writing side down in full view. As he re-caps and tables the marker, he asks the woman who she thought of and what this person means to her. The performer looks down at the tabled card, then turns it over and slides it in front of the woman where she finds the name she merely thought of written boldly across the card!

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.
* The thoughts are not limited to names. You could literally ask them to say the first word that comes to mind.
* Works 100% of the time.
* Can be used as a prediction instead of a mind reading demonstration by simply changing the framing and premise.

-rob
I like the sound of that!

Nathan
I'm on an away job digging up bones in the pouring rain in Nottingham, life is bleak at the moment...this would be a welcome relief and something I could use for those weekend shows perhaps? Sadly I need a fix of something exciting to keep my brain active...when Rob, when?:D
Now this does sound GOOD..

If its of the same calibre as the material in the Eureka moment (especially 'A Strange Feeling') then this will be worth picking up.

Just a quickie Rob, is the routine best suited to a table (seated) performance?

Chris
[quote]
On 2009-10-22 16:24, r1z08 wrote:
I've gotten a handful of emails regarding "Thoughts Across" and what the routine looks like. Here is a completely honest description of the routine:

The performer sits down at a table and is asked to show his strange abilities. He reaches into his jacket and removes a single business card and a Sharpie marker. Placing the items on the table, he asks the lady sitting directly across from him to simply think of a name of someone close to her. The performer now uncaps the marker, picks up the business card and looks intensely at the woman for a few beats then quickly writes something down and tables the card writing side down in full view. As he re-caps and tables the marker, he asks the woman who she thought of and what this person means to her. The performer looks down at the tabled card, then turns it over and slides it in front of the woman where she finds the name she merely thought of written boldly across the card!

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.
* The thoughts are not limited to names. You could literally ask them to say the first word that comes to mind.
* Can be used as a prediction instead of a mind reading demonstration by simply changing the framing and premise.
[/quote]

RUBBISH!!!!!
Can't be done. I've been doing this stuff forever and you're talking garbage.
I/we can do this already with the stuff we've got.
BUT gimme the details, prove me wrong , and I'll be the best advert you've ever had!
But.... I don't thnk you're gonna' do that. I'm right am I not?
ta ta
Bobser,
One of the key messages in my show is "The limits of our understanding is not the limit of all there is to understand". This certainly applies to the situation at hand. I'm not exactly sure why you feel the need to try and call me out on this, but I can assure you that those that are familiar with my work will know that the descriptions of my routines are EXACTLY what takes place. No twisting of words and no funny business.

To call this routine "rubbish" without knowing anything about it is, quite frankly, insulting. Because you believe that this cannot be done with any of the knowledge you currently have does not mean that it simply cannot be done. I must admit, though, that I am flattered to know that someone who has been "doing this stuff forever" cannot wrap his/her head around a method to make this routine possible. So with that, I guess that I should cordially say "Thank you. I'm glad this sounds impossible".

You state that "I/we can do this already with the stuff we've got" and my response to this is simply that I really hope you do. In fact, I'm counting on that! Why? Well, the routine does call for some common materials (ie. business cards, markers), but none of which are specialty items found in special shops. If you do not have business cards, note cards, blank card stock or something similar, then I'm sorry, but you cannot do this routine as written.

I don't know what kind of details you wish for me to speak about in an open forum as every bit of what I have said in the description is 100%, hand on heart true. I don't have to prove anyone right or wrong about anything and I really don't see why you believe that I have to. If you do not believe that what is described can be done, then so be it! That's okay. Really it is. Do not buy it when it is released. This is your right. You are not being forced into anything.

As for you being the best advert I've ever had, well I appreciate the offer, but I must respectfully decline. I do not need to make record sales or anything close to that. I enjoy giving something back to an art form that has been so good to me over the years and contributing ideas and thoughts to those that I call my brothers and sisters in this craft.

That's all for now. Any questions?

-rob
Having read Rob's description of his 'Thoughts Across' routine I thought about how I would go about and achieve the same effect. I did come up with a method (albeit with a 'clumsy' moment which would have to be better thought out). Plus my method does have angle issues. I do not know how Rob's method works, or indeed how close (or miles apart) it is to my thinking.

What I do know after reading the many practicable, engaging and achievable effects in his 'Eureka Moment' manuscript, Rob will have worked out all the wrinkles and will offer a workable solution to his claim. For this Rob I thank you as you will have saved me the hard work in refining, testing and routing my immediate and rather 'clumsy' solution to your routine.

I cannot wait to get my teeth into this manuscript and wish Rob all the best when released.

Chris
I hear this has gone 'underground'

Shame, I guess a lot will miss out on something good (but you'll never know)
This sounds like fantastic material.

However, I hate cold reading. Is strange feeling just another cold reading?
Not at all. It'll take you about 1 min to get this down, and then at least 10 min to find the manlys to perform. Once you've done it once it becomes a real pleasure performing. This has shot up to being my No1 impromptu effect...its gooood!
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 10:17, Thaumaturge wrote:
Not at all. It'll take you about 1 min to get this down, and then at least 10 min to find the manlys to perform. Once you've done it once it becomes a real pleasure performing. This has shot up to being my No1 impromptu effect...its gooood!
[/quote]

Sending the payment now..
Rob,

Thanks for sending me "Thoughts Across"! Great stuff...and alas your ad copy for it is right on the money & extremely fair...Sadly I must also report that Rob is keeping this "old school" & "underground"...not to be had at any price...it pays to play nice...

Nathan
Strange feeling was as good as they said :)

Did it for a magician friend of mine, he said his 6th sense felt 39, but then again, his 46 for the second one wasn't perfect with normal sense of touch, so it was still impressive :) He didn't even link it to the well known principle.
I'm glad you enjoyed it magicFreak2! That routine has gotten me out of a lot of jams over the years. I have a version that I created for stage that is 100% every single time. Chew on that for a bit. ;)

-rob
MagicFreak2,

Please be careful about what you are posting. I know that you're not trying to be malicious, but you are giving away some info on a public forum that I would rather not be given out.

I know that you have good intentions, but just please keep in mind that your posts are visible to the entire world.

-rob
This e-book is very good. I have had it for awhile now, and keep coming back to it for more ideas. All of the routines are very well thought out and definitely come across as workers. There are some very good, original presentations in here that have inspired me. It will be a shame if 'Thoughts Across' isn't released.
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 19:25, cpbartak wrote:
This e-book is very good. I have had it for awhile now, and keep coming back to it for more ideas. All of the routines are very well thought out and definitely come across as workers. There are some very good, original presentations in here that have inspired me. It will be a shame if 'Thoughts Across' isn't released.
[/quote]

I myself would easily pay $49.99 for a 100% way to have their number written on my palm for an audience to see if it doesn't use instant stooging.
MF2,

When a contractor builds a house he uses a WIDE range of tools...don't be so quick to doubt the tools you may have available to you.

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 20:25, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

When a contractor builds a house he uses a WIDE range of tools...don't be so quick to doubt the tools you may have available to you.

Nathan
[/quote]

Bummer. This brings to mind "The name you were thinking of" on the card. "Is it the name you were thinking of"?

Ever been ripped off with material like this before? J/K, I'm sure you have something better then that Rob ;)
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 20:38, magicFreak2 wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 20:25, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

Nathan
[/quote]

Bummer. This brings to mind "The name you were thinking of" on the card. "Is it the name you were thinking of"?

Ever been ripped off with material like this before? J/K, I'm sure you have something better then that Rob ;)
[/quote]

It's nothing like that MF2. No instant stooging and it's not a sucker effect.

-rob
MF2,

I was saying that towards Rob's material...more towards your whole general attitude.

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 21:22, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

I was saying that towards Rob's material...more towards your whole general attitude.

Nathan
[/quote]

Which is.... (evil, juvenile, idiotic, cruel, traitorous... ?)
On 2009-10-22 16:24, r1z08 wrote:

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.

-------------------------------

Had missed this.

Swami comes to mind but it says no :)

Sounds very impressive Rob, and very useful :) Brings iForce to mind, but with unlimited possibilities and without the iPhone.

I have also used something by DMadison to accomplish this effect, but the performance is far to "weak-linked" for me to use it very much ;)

Basically you put a prediction on the table, folded, ask them to name something, write it down on a notepad for spelling verification, hand them the pad, and then let them open the prediction, which matches, down to the letter ;)
MF2,

yes...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-17 07:35, Nathan Pain wrote:
MF2,

yes...

Nathan
[/quote]

Bummer #2.

Have a 3D coke to relieve your stress ;)

[img]http://www.iconspedia.com/uploads/2136062235.png[/img] [img]http://www.iconspedia.com/uploads/1079729734.png[/img] [img]http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/babasse/old-school/coffee-256x256.png[/img]
Or a beer or a coffee ;) or a... water?
Or a hotlink :P
Thoughts Across does indeed deliver on its promise and the ad copy was 100% honest and accurate.

Is it sneaky? Hell yeh
It is also a little bold but fairly easy to execute

When you consider all is required are some business cards and a pen you have an 'AAA' miracle on your hands (at least I do now so thanks Rob)

Chris
If it does what he says it does (which I think it does as his Eureka Moment is a work of art), then I would buy this as soon as it came out (if I have the money on me and if it does). Why? It sounds like the most practical mentalist trick ever. "Can you read my mind?" now I could say yes, in the cleanest way possible.

Comparing it with my B4, Thoughts across sounds like it would have quite a bit of premeditated prediction to it, and a completely free choice of word, which is infinitely more broad then B4's 4 selection choice. Ofcourse, the invisible compromise (Kit updated my vocabulary from weak links :D ) is much more obvious, merely asking for a word, it is still an EXTREMELY powerful effect, I can't overbear how stunning something like that would be, better then a swami, better then iForce. Ofcourse, B4 is more subtle in the invisible compromise, however if it was true magic, they would just think of one of the coins, and I could flip all 4 and the one they were thinking of would have B4 written on it. ;) Unfortunately that's not to be had in our universe...

To make a long story short, I am hotly anticipating Thoughts Across.

And to Nathan, finally figured out what I was getting mixed up with. I was confusing Thoughts Across with the version Rob mentioned of Strange Feeling that would work 100% of the time. Finally understand it. (the jumble, not the trick ;) )
"Thoughts Across" has, indeed, been released, but it is not for sale. I have decided to make it a limited private release (that's right, I'm giving it away) after much thinking about it.

Those who already have the routine know that this is strong stuff and I'm sure that they, too, are glad this is not being released to the masses.

-rob
Rob,

I'm glad...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-17 22:44, Nathan Pain wrote:
Rob,

I'm glad...

Nathan
[/quote]

Oh well, too bad for everyone else. I guess I will have to figure it out ;)

10 minutes later...

I bet I could do it perfectly with the B4 principle, but the paper would have to be folded.
Thoughts across is brilliant! When I saw the video that Rob kindly provided with the manuscript, I had to double take! There was no way it could have been done!!! But it can!
Its a brilliant combination of ideas which is so straight forward and a really Cheshire cat grin moment when its performed!
[quote]
On 2009-11-18 12:03, Thaumaturge wrote:
Thoughts across is brilliant! When I saw the video that Rob kindly provided with the manuscript, I had to double take! There was no way it could have been done!!! But it can!
Its a brilliant combination of ideas which is so straight forward and a really Cheshire cat grin moment when its performed!
[/quote]

Severe jealousy strikes again... xD
Triple bummer, just had the perfect chance to use Thoughts Across.

Was sitting in class, and this guy asks me, "Hey Carlos, can you show me a trick?"

I'd done one very powerful card trick for him, but I didn't have anything else on me at the time so I had to say maybe next time. Thoughts Across would have been absolutely perfect. :(
That would have been a decent time to use "A Strange Feeling". :D

-rob
[quote]
On 2009-11-18 16:20, r1z08 wrote:
That would have been a decent time to use "A Strange Feeling". :D

-rob
[/quote]

I would, but its not quite accurate enough, even with my addition. I would need to have a 3 sided hand to make it work correctly, even with all the psychological principles you included.
A man who never takes a chance, never had a chance.

-rob
[quote]
On 2009-11-18 17:03, r1z08 wrote:
A man who never takes a chance, never had a chance.

-rob
[/quote]

Will try again. ;)
Just pulled B4 index card version on them. ;)

Folded card is on table.

"Think of a number between one and ten."

"Six."

Tossed him the card, he opened it to read "6"
One must be seated?
[quote]
On 2009-11-20 15:21, tmoca wrote:
One must be seated?
[/quote]

That particular effect, yes, for multiple reasons.
Just for clarity and to keep this thread on track, there is no such thing as the B4 version of anything in "The Eureka Moment" or "Thoughts Across". Frankly, I do not understand why this has been brought up on this thread.

-rob
I was wondering the same thing...Hi Jack.

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-20 23:12, Nathan Pain wrote:
I was wondering the same thing...Hi Jack.

Nathan
[/quote]

Hi Jack? My name is Carlos.. mi papa es un venezuelano. :D

And yes for clarification, B4 is just a method I use to accomplish the effect as thoughts across, as I don't have access to it.
Isn't this a Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook thread?

j
Please, Carlos, respect the work Rob has put into this work by keeping discussion of your product to your thread.
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 12:47, cpbartak wrote:
Please, Carlos, respect the work Rob has put into this work by keeping discussion of your product to your thread.
[/quote]

I just don't get why he called me Jack xD
You highjacked this thread...get it? Hi Jack...

Nathan
[quote]
On 2009-11-22 14:43, Nathan Pain wrote:
You highjacked this thread...get it? Hi Jack...

Nathan
[/quote]

LOL!

My apologies if I don't always comprehend your dry humor nathan.
Hopefully this post will get things back on track.

I finally bought Rob's The Eureka Moment! ebook.

First, let me say how embarassed I am that I've waited soooo long to purchase this book. I'm embarassed because the offerings in it are superb!!!

The storyline plots, the pacing, the re-vamped methods, the subtleties - this stuff is GOLD!

I love ABOUT FACE and MEMORY LANE. I only 'like' (a lot) AFTERTHOUGHT, BRUTE STRENGTH and A STRANGE FEELING. : )

Finally I coin bend that I will use!
Keep up the good work & Thanks to Sean Waters for the heads up about the book.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to read about another satisfied customer.

-rob
Eureka this is one ebook that I don't regret buying it and it has a special feeling to it imho.
Rob gives you something that is not usual and you clearly see that he puts effort in every effect he come up with.
I don't know him but reading the ebook you see that he is a real worker so you will smile because besides the methods what is real good it's the thinking behind an effect. If you are seeking for stuff that makes sense and is practical in the real world I consider this ebook a GOLD pot.

Thanks Rob for sharing your thoughts and I know that in the future we will hear lot more from you.

Best,
E

+ Memory Lane... genius. +
Thank Elcio! Check your email. There's a little sumptin' sumptin' waiting for you. ;)

-rob
You too, Marqus.

-rob
Grrrr... I have to find some time to read this, and quick!
Take your time, Luke. The book will wait patiently for you. ;)

-rob
Finally!

I used Strange Feeling today and it worked PERFECTLY! The guy was so blank. He just stared at me for a few seconds and looked creeped out.
I just purchased this.

Too many good things have been said about this ebook, so I knew I had to get it..

Just waiting for Rob to send it over.

I will also post a review and my thoughts when I read it, and then again after I use some of the routines.

This is one of those RARE ebooks that everyone praises, and since I am a mentalist, I knew that this was right up my alley.

Anxiously waiting for Robs email......

thanks

alex
OK well rob sent me this the other night, and I read through it.

Last night I tried out Afterthoughts and About Face to my cousin.

Very good reactions!

My favorites are

Strange Feelings, Afterthoughts, About Face..... I like the other effects on there as well, but I think I will be performing these 3 more often than the rest of the material on here.

Afterthoughts is a good plot for the type of effect it conveys.
I normally use the Jermay method, which I have never been caught, but I like Robs presentational angle. Kind of reminds me a bit of Osterlinds from his book Mystique.

Anyways, I recommend this book to anyone who likes mentalism, and is looking for some new impromptu/Semi impromptu effects for their arsenal.

Check it out!

Alex
First time peforming STRANGE FEELING today.

Worked like a charm!

Great reactions!

Thanks
Alex
A Strange Feeling is a blast to perform! I'm glad you're liking it, Alex.

**UPDATE**

"The Eureka Moment" has had a fine run and at the end of 2009 I will discontinue it. I am incredibly flattered and taken aback by the response from the book and I thank each and everyone of you that have supported it and, of course, had such nice things to say.

So, at the stroke of midnight on new years, and as we wave good bye to 2009, we will also be saying good bye to "The Eureka Moment". When it's gone, it's gone for good.

Until then, get 'em while they last.

-rob
Only 2 days left for the $20 "Alyssa" sale of "The Eureka Moment". Also, don't forget that at the end of this month, "The Eureka Moment" e-book will be gone forever.

-rob
Last night to get the "Alyssa" discount on "The Eureka Moment".

-rob
Tonight is the last night to purchase "The Eureka Moment" e-book. After midnight, this e-book will be gone forever. Get 'em while you can!

-rob
Well, that's it! "The Eureka Moment" e-book is no longer on sale.

I am absolutely taken aback with the great responses that this little e-book has received from the community at large. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I have had a few orders come in today, but I have refunded the money. I stand by my word that this e-book will no longer be available. However, due to the surprising interest in "The Eureka Moment", I have been contemplating on releasing a hardback edition of the book. This is one of the reasons why I have taken the e-book off of the market.

Thank you all again for your support and keep an eye out for the possible new hardback edition of the book.

-rob
Great body of work Rob!!

Congrats on its success and the success it will bring to its users!!

Kam
I am in the field of so called naked mentalism. is this book for some1 like me? it would also be ok if the methods used are not directely naked methods as long as they can be adaptated.
It no longer matters as it is unavailable...but I would assume Rob will jump in and answer your question.

Nathan
Pooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

(the cloud of smoke clears and ......nothing...just empty spaces)

Kam
Hrhrhr so glad I got it.........
[quote]
On 2010-01-13 15:19, Nathan Pain wrote:
It no longer matters as it is unavailable...
[/quote]

Unfortunately that's no longer true. :(
Brilliant stuff...every effect is gold. My favorite of effect of 09' is 'Strange Moment'.
http://amirastuffs.blogspot.com/2010/07/reviews-for-rob-domenechs-ebooks.html
Is this no longer available then!?
Have had this a couple of weeks, now on my third read through. will post my thoughts later....
[quote]
On 2012-09-23 07:14, NFW wrote:
Have had this a couple of weeks, now on my third read through. will post my thoughts later....
[/quote]

So how did you get this if it's no longer available?
Yes, I too was wondering that...
Perfectly legitimate source, before the villagers turn up with the torches and pitch forks !!
No fork and pitchfork here, just someone who happened upon this a few years too late and would love to get it.
Do as NFW, try to find a torrent or a friend has it ;-)
See your keeping yourself fit Parmenion - jumping to conclusions again !
The Eureka Moment is available!
[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pP-czz-yd2I/WWTeEDXmOJI/AAAAAAAABQY/A56zFZPCR_gJBHObB8QGtCKS7FGYpwLqQCLcBGAs/s320/TEM.png[/img]

https://theeurekamomentrob.blogspot.com
2 Dec 2009
So, at the stroke of midnight on new years, and as we wave good bye to 2009, we will also be saying good bye to "The Eureka Moment". When it's gone, it's gone for good.

Until then, get 'em while they last.

-rob

11 Dec 2009
Only 2 days left for the $20 "Alyssa" sale of "The Eureka Moment". Also, don't forget that at the end of this month, "The Eureka Moment" e-book will be gone forever.

-rob

31 Dec 2009
Tonight is the last night to purchase "The Eureka Moment" e-book. After midnight, this e-book will be gone forever. Get 'em while you can!

-rob

Jan 1 2010
I have had a few orders come in today, but I have refunded the money. I stand by my word that this e-book will no longer be available. However, due to the surprising interest in "The Eureka Moment", I have been contemplating on releasing a hardback edition of the book. This is one of the reasons why I have taken the e-book off of the market.

Thank you all again for your support and keep an eye out for the possible new hardback edition of the book.

-rob

Aug 31 2010
http://amirastuffs.blogspot.com/2010/07/......oks.html

Jul 11 2017
The Eureka Moment is available!
https://theeurekamomentrob.blogspot.com

'Forever' and 'stand by my word' must have had different meanings when I was at school. Yeah it's a long time ago, but I really hate this kind of stuff. It's like a big middle finger to the people who pandered to your obvious grab for a quick bunse when you clearly needed it.