(Close Window)
Topic: Ali Bongo Injured
Ali Bongo was injured in a car wreck Tuesday, June 3. His injuries are serious but not life threatening.
Who's Ali Bongo?
You truly must be a newcomer to the world of magic!

Ali Bongo, “the Shriek of Araby” is an India born British comedy Magician. His real name is William Wallace. He is the Author of several books on comedy magic and an accomplished illustrator, drawing for a number of magic catalogs. His Bongo Hat and Pom-Pom Prayer Stick are staples for many a children’s performer. His whit, charm, and creativity in comedy magic are legendary.

This man gave one of the best lectures I have ever attended. I don’t think I can remember laughing so hard!

I hope that he recovers completely and soon!
You don't know Bongo? Wow, you are missing out, do a search on him, he will enlighten you
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Jun 6, 2003 07:54AM)
Ali is crazy. That is what I remember of him
when during the World's Greatest Magician's Tour. Have to admit though, He made me laugh.
Bingo, bango, Bongo as they say in England when he appears!!
Ali has been Paul Daniel's advisor for a long time. He is a talented comedy magician and a knowledgeable magician as well.

I sincerely wish his earliest recovery.

Hideo Kato
I agree...he is a truly well known magical figure in the UK.
A master creative thinker...strutting around in his Arabian "garb".
Get well soon.
Wulfie
I had the opportunity to meet the man behind the Ali Bongo personna at an exclusive suite party.."Tomo Maeda Midnight Soiree'" hosted by the Japanese Entourage during the SAM Convention at the Riviera.

It was amazing to me when I perused the room filled with some very prominent magicians how Ali still stood out among the group as one who truly remains sincere as opposed to remaining in character...behind the stage mask and makeup...

What you see on stage is what he remains in a relaxed setting...

Dashing, Smashing, Classy, Tasteful, and Debonaire...how English...The bloke with the jokes..!

I was most fortunate indeed...he is still alive and kicking everyone....