(Close Window)
Topic: Best Iphone magic
Curious what are the preferred magic apps for Iphone. Would like to find more unique effects than what is available for the most part in the app store. Any recommendations?
Sean
You have to jailbreak your phone in order to access non app store tricks.

For app store magic, I recommend Theory 11's Rising Card and Penn and Teller's P&T Chat.
Ok, I should rephrase. Does anyone prefer video based effects as well?
A bit of self hawking here - but try out the Premier App Shop.

Despite what some people have to say, you don't need to "jailbreak" or doing anything illegal to your phone. Just drop by our site on your iPhone and follow the prompts - you'll be good to go in 5-minutes.

We are the exclusive distributor of Hottrix's and Ben Harris' magic apps.

I personally like Snapshot and Tunnel Vision.

https://premierappshop.com

Cheers,
Ben
Wow, I started a thread much like this up a little while ago and it was automatically deleted. Aparently, they don't like me here ha ha.

Well from what I've found the best magic apps around are the Theory 11, Penn and teller and Crossroads. However, there are more effects being created and some old beauties that are quite cool. If you want video apps, Hottrix have some "Classic apps" which are simulated video's. However, there's lot's of magic on the iPhone that doesn't require "Special" apps, You CAN come up with some pretty sick effect using normal apps on the phone.

Normal ungimmicked phone magic is still sexy with the iPhone to. It makes the perfect shiner ;-)

Jamie Daws
Chris Kenner's Rising Card app from Theory 11 stand out others iPhone tricks. I don't need to have a deck of cards with me anymore and can perform a rising card with just my iPhone.
Sean,

Can you clarify what "video based effects" means?
As if unlocking your phone was a crime,lol.
They certainly have you well trained.
James

[quote]
On 2009-10-02 05:12, Benjamin Kopelke wrote:
A bit of self hawking here - but try out the Premier App Shop.

Despite what some people have to say, you don't need to "jailbreak" or doing anything illegal to your phone. Just drop by our site on your iPhone and follow the prompts - you'll be good to go in 5-minutes.

We are the exclusive distributor of Hottrix's and Ben Harris' magic apps.

I personally like Snapshot and Tunnel Vision.

https://premierappshop.com

Cheers,
Ben
[/quote]
Hi guys,

A couple of things...

1. Whether it is strictly "illegal" or not, the term "jailbreak" does conjure thoughts of "illegal activity"in the mind of the average user. This is why, I believe, http://www.premierappshop.com say "no jailbreak required" (or the like) in their marketing. A wise move.

3. The term "video based effects" refers to the early (and pioneering) work in the field. Basically, a "video based effect" is one where a video plays on the phone and you time your actions to correspond.

I've chosen http://www.premierappshop.com to sell my apps for iphone because they HAVE done the groundwork and created a wonderful boutique shop full of MAGIC apps--a place to go for serious magic without having to wade through 80,000 or so non-related things.

I'd much rather be a visible player in a small shop devoted to serious magical entertainment, than just another product at a super-duper-city-sized-hyper-market. It's great that we have choice! An alternate place for SERIOUS iphone magic.

Cheers

Ben Harris
OK then, much better stuff will be hitting the market REAL SOON, and more will follow in short order.
Tom,

There is some great material for iphone out and about NOW.

Steve Sheraton's early work with "video based" applications has long evolved. A casual look at any current HOTTRIX app will reveal. "Snapshot" is a great example. Totally baffling and with a lovely look.

But you are right, the best is YET to come!

Ben
Psypic is getting some good reviews, show a very old family portrait on you phone zoomed in on one person and ask someone to name a card, as you zoom out one member of the family is seen to be holding the selected card.
Also there's an ap' for anyone learning or wants to practice Juan Tamariz 'Mnemonica'
I'm surprised no one has mentioned David Blaine's app. I think it is pretty good because you don't need a deck of cards, and the spectator can handle the iphone.

This is where I found out about it:
http://www.theory11.com/news/news_article.php?NewsID=193
Wish they had effects for the Storm... Rising card from Theory11 is sweet. If you use a deck of cards and the phone as the revelation the spectator can hold on to the phone the whole time...
I have a trick with an iPod Touch/iPhone that will be in Genii in the next couple of months.
There are some nice video effects out there. As I mentioned in another thread, there is one produced by Big Brain Studios that I have and like a lot ... it's now part of my performing repetoire.

I believe Richard Himber made a film of Orson Welles magically appearing and revealing a card that had been selected by Himber's volunteer (I think David Copperfield now owns the movie). Now we can all do similar effects on the iphone. It's all about entertainment!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
[quote]
On 2009-10-02 01:13, SeanScottMagic wrote:
Ok, I should rephrase. Does anyone prefer video based effects as well?
[/quote]
My vote goes to iForce . . .
But I am a little biased. ;)

Greg Rostami
As I said earlier, there are some really nice, commercial video-based effects available at Big Brain Studios:

http://www.bigbrainstudios.com

In fact, I think Big Brain still has one (Igears) that can be downloaded free.

And you should certainly install the Premier App Shop application on your iphone, if for no other reason than it's free!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
I love iForce, nice work Greg!

Let me also include my own apps at http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com

Carl Andrews
Hi Carl,

Thank you for the compliment. Randy and I are already working on the next Rostami Magic release for the iPhone.

Greg Rostami
Any hints, Greg?????
I really can't get on with the David Blaine app. It constantly freezes/stutters, and I think the way the card is "forced" is pretty obvious.

As far as video based tricks go, I have a couple from http://www.dothehudson.net , that get a fairly good reaction.
"No Freakin' Way" now available in the App Store

Freak people out every time! Someone thinks of "Any Card" in the deck. Your iPhone scans their finger and runs through the deck finding the card they were thinking of.

No voice activation, they do not have to name a card out loud. They could write down a card on paper or pull out any card from a real deck of cards with everything in their hands, and it really can be ANY card.

What makes "No Freakin' Way" the most amazing and deceptive iPhone card trick on the market?
†† †
†† Unlike ALL others . . .†
1. Everything is done openly, right in front of the audience.
2. There's nothing on the screen to hide --†from even the most observant viewer.
3. A simple swipe and all the dirty work is done†without the audience suspecting, let alone detecting anything.
4. The magic happens with your iPhone in the spectator's hand.

Anyone who experiences this miracle will shriek, "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!"

This was my first app rejected originally rejected back in June. In September Theory 11 was able to get their app released using a similar process thanks to the efforts of Chris Kenner. Penn and Teller and Greg Rostami followed releasing apps which also included a similar method. So finally I have re-submitted my app, got it approved and it is now available in the App store.

http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com
I just downloaded this application and it really is diabolical in its working. All the secret work is done and then you can switch the IPhone off until its time to do the trick. The best part is that the spectator turns on the application and then places his/her finger on the sensor...the sound effects and graphics are very authentic! I havent got the NFW reaction literally but have had some stunned looks and screams! I think its one of the best (together with ISensor) of the magic applications for IPhone to date and heartily recommend getting it!
Thanks MagicBern, glad you are enjoying "No Freakin' Way". That app along with my "Sixth Cents" and Greg's "iForce" are my favorite iPhone magic apps. iSensor used to be in that list too but with iForce you can do the same thing and much more.

Thanks again,
Carl

mojosoftwareonline.com
Iforce rocks...
Although nobody's done it yet, I always thought it would be fun to do Twisting the Aces by showing the cards face down, holding them up next to the iPhone/iPod Touch, and having someone on the screen (animated character or video) appear to take a card out of the middle, turn it over, and put it back inside. You then show that the ace is actually reversed.
Iforce is the best magic app in my opnion.
The second is invisible deck from ellusionist.
I do these two all the time.

YuYen
The best in my opinion has to be iForce- the reactions, the simplicity of the method, it is a very well made app, not to mention a killer trick.
Thank you very much Magic Mitch . . .

unclesamayen,

If you like invisible deck from ellusionist, you'll love Magic Shuffle from Tenyo . . . it's the ONLY magic app that I perform other then iForce.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Without a doubt iforce. The first magic app I got was ellusionist's invisible deck, I was impressed but not blown away. A fellow magician introduced me to iforce and I use it all the time. Iforce hands down
Cardoracle...best routine ever on iPhone...
CARD ORACLE A+++++++++++++++++

Hi I bought this 5 days ago.

My first thought was it's not for me.
But with all effects I have to try them out to see what reaction I get.

My first test was the wife test. All I can say is it blew her away.
She had a facial expression of total confusion
With a smile from ear to ear. As I mainly only perform my own
Creations in magic/mind reading etc.
She said. Did you make that. I wish lol

It took me back how strong this was. Was nit expecting it.

My second performance was to mymagic mate.
Whom I met up with last night to show him my latest creations.

And have a session.

I told him I also bought the most expensive app that I have ever purchased.

But I am not sure I like it. He said show it to me.

So I did. At every phase of the routine he shouted WHAT!!!!! The F***

He couldn't catch his breath. He said it was the best app

He has seen.

Am I now a believer in this app. You bet I am.

Only two performances I know. But the reactions I got was

Outstanding.

Is it worth the price tag. I think so!

And because it's so high in price. Not so many will purchase it.

Bonus for me.

Maybe I shouldn't have put this review.

If your onthe fence. Jump you will only land on a bed of roses.

this is what I put in another post..

And I still Stand By That Statement...

also I would like to add iforce is an awsome app aswell had it for some time now and still use it.. so it stands the time test...

Stephen leathwaite
Still haven't seen anything to beat i-Force. I've tried most of 'em and yet i-Force is still the only one that remains on my Ipod Touch.
You should try Cardoracle...
I wouldn't Say one Is Better Than The other...

They Are Two diffferent Effects...

but I would Say Get Card Oracle...

Even If you Think its Not For you! once you bought it...

Please please Try it out on People...

The Reactions Are Fantastic...

I got both apps And I don't Regret it for One Second..

I don't know the Creater Of card Oracle Nor do I Write On The Cafť That Much..

Mainly Because Not A lot Grabs Me to be honest..

But Card Oracle Realy Packs a Punch...

Iforce was the Only Reason I Bought an Iphone..

infact I bought an I touch first...

Just to get the Iforce App... now that's commitment.. lol

but Realy Card oracle rocks too..

I also Like Psypic App..

its Pretty Organic..

I now have to Upgrade my Iphone 3g to the 3gs or iphone 4 so I can get the 101 Deck...

Because that does sound organic... And I got some Great ideas For that Little Gem...

anyway Excuse all the Spelling And Grammer as I'm Dysalexic and have trouble writing... so sorry for all the mistakes..

Stephen Leathwaite
So is this essentially the poker machine routine that is performed on an old programmable calculator and updated for the ipod?
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 10:35, Yves Doumergue wrote:
You should try Cardoracle...
[/quote]

I have! :)
So, now you got it.
What do you think about it ?
[quote]
On 2010-10-30 14:10, Yves Doumergue wrote:
So, now you got it.
What do you think about it ?
[/quote]
I think it's very good. You have seen my review on the other thread. :)
Yves.

All you're doing is just incredible.
Just for this I would buy an iphone.
T'es le meilleur..
Another vote for iForce. I was blown away by this the first time I saw it, and it's still a lot of fun to perform. Very versatile as well. I also appreciate the lengths Greg has gone to to "protect" this app by launching another app, etc. Great effect and definitely worth the price!!!!
Has anyone tried Card2Phone? It looks pretty good, but I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with it.
Just tried card oracle, I like it :) Thanks for the tip!
[quote]
On 2009-10-10 23:35, Ben Harris wrote:
There is some great material for iphone out and about NOW.
[/quote]

I agree. I like very much Ellusionist's Invisible Deck, then "Mind Reader", "Magic-card" and "Magic card". Beautiful apps!
Hi Guys,

I have 2 you should definitely check out.

http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id=4&category=14&product_id=26

http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id=4&category=14&product_id=1

Kins regards,
Max
Hi Max, always on the PR Trip? ;-)
But btw
MKMK, Max Krauses Mental Killer is the magic app that I like best (for me as an Austrian with the german voice of Jan Becker).

It's easy to do, it does'nt look like a "tricky app", you can do it anytime and everywhere - and with the right words it needs no minute,
and the people will beg you to show, for what this old postit and from whome the telephone number is...

I don't know how often I've done MK - it's great!
I Love iForce, iPredict, and Mental Killer. I have good routines worked out for all of them. I notice I get big reactions from iPredict when the spectator dials the number on their phone. All three are the best Iíve experienced so far. One other app that Iíve recently purchased was Duplicity and so far it rocks but it does require a deck of cards.
Another one for iForce. Bizcard (Carl Andrews) is a lot of fun.
Illusion card for iphone :)
MAACAN, iForce, Fitch and Cheney (from Lybrary.com)
IPredict just kills when the spectator uses thier phone to make the call to get the prediction.

-Max
I'd like to see an ap where the 4s' Siri talks the spec through finding their card. "Your card is folded up under your watch."
I defiantly love mental killer! It is one of the most used magic apps on my ipod touch currently. I can always rely on it to completely baffle my audience! It is actually so good that I sometimes close performances with it! Another app I would recommend is 101 deck. Even though it is designed to be used with a 101 deck it can be fully customized to perform a range of different effects. I strongly recommend both to any magician with an iphone or ipod touch!
Check out http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com
I love iPredict with spectator calling on their phone. Very powerful. Mental Killer is great too. Others that I like are iForce (I use with cities in my state), Duplicity, Email Wizard (see lots of possibilities with it), NFW. Going to be getting MACAAN soon too.
A lot of people are familiar with smart phone apps, and know that apps can do a lot of things such as voice recognition, communicating with the app based on the way you touch the screen, etc. There are a lot of effects out there that scream trickery based on some sort of manipulation with the phone/app, and loses the magical touch that plagues magic effects that uses electronic devices as its medium. That being said, I prefer apps that DON'T look like a magic app, or isn't an app at all.

I STRONGLY recommend IForce as it is highly flexible, and serves partially as a real doodling app. None of the spectators have figured out even when they play around with the app. I was able to consolidate a few mentalism effects into a digitized format, all thanks to this app! Another app I enjoy is the IPredict (Thanks again Mr. Rostami!). Reason being is that I don't need to use my IPhone to dial the number. The spectator dials a number for a revelation with THEIR ungimmicked phone. This will not put heat on your app/phone, making the experience much more magical (and terrifyingly scary)!

Some other great IPhone magic products I use is J. Parger's LIEBRARY. It is a book test in a PDF format. I simply uploaded the PDFs into a NORMAL PDF reader app. Again, using a normal app that is not gimmicked (I also uploaded PDFs for school so spectators know that it is a legitimate PDF reader).

In addition to that, I took pictures of my Kioku, as well as added pictures that pertain to the memories into the Camera Roll album of the Iphone. Again, consolidating my effects, and using certain IPhone functions that are not apps at all.

Also, I mentioned it in another forum but I also use various photo storing apps like Photos, Camera+, a PDF reader to store pictures to replace multiple outs/indexes.
To anyone who owns cardoracle apps. Does it work on iPhone 4 newest os 5.01? Thank you.
I think that magic sms is one of the best magic app out there, the method is very clever
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Jul 27, 2012 01:38AM)
Mental killer is the best hands down!
Magic SMS is now FREE for a limited time. Get it quick before it goes back on sale
Thank you dtextreme for your kind words about iForce and iPredict+.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Hi, I'm a newbi to the forum. I was lucky enough to catch Angelo's, post for free Magic SMS. I have already used it a few times in the last few days while sitting at Dunkin Donuts. I love this effect, as its done in the spectators hands, getting them to do the dirty work for you is great! And, reading their minds BEFORE they reveal their card. Well , Super!
I have even followed it up once with a real 'invisible deck' setting on the table to show that not just "CHRIS" knew , but that I knew BEFORE I left home. The only minor issues with it are: 1: I have to actually set it up prior, to delete some impossible messages. Like how many messages would you ever get from "Voicemail"? It would also, be nice to have different default messages that they see at onset. This limits it a slight bit, so, that you have to be a little careful if you perform it in front of some of the same friends on different occasions. But, its nothing we can't get around.
So, I would put it right up there with IPredict and IForce. I will be using it lot. I will also check out what else you have.
IForce is my slight favorite as I can use so many different ways. 7 dwarfs, New Testament writers, favorite new movie playing this month etc.

Angelo, Greg, keep up the good work.
Thanks Gerry! Yes I agree you just have to double check that you are happy with the contacts in the fake sms list. If you are you are ready to go. If not, either swipe to delete or close the app and relaunch it for a fresh contact list. The app automatically grabs random contacts from your contact list to make the app more believable. Perhaps in a future update I can include the option to selct only names you would want to appear in the fake list.

I still love performing it. It is so sneaky getting your friend to do all the dirty work :)

There are some great magic apps out there. iPhone magic has certainly progressed well.

Angelo
I don't currently have an iPhone. I have read about so many awesome tricks available in the App Store, that I will probably start saving money to replace my old LG smartphone with the new iPhone that was just released.

I was wondering: do you guys have yours jailbreaked or are you happy with what you can find in the AppStore?
This app is old as the hills but maybe someone can help me.
Is anybody still using Card Oracle?
Ive spent so much money for it back then and itís not in my app library any more.

Today I found that there is someone on the App Store who copied Card Oracle 🤬🤬🤬