(Close Window)
Topic: A Mac is great, but...
I hate getting errors the whole time on files that are supposed to be downloaded with wmv. Any other mac users solved this problem. I can only see about 30 % of the available magic vid's on the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
When it comes to .wmv files on sites trying to sell you something, I look at it as, "If the video maker wanted a wider audience, he'd use a cross-platform format, such as QuickTime or MPEG."
I have a mac. If you are running osx, then download the Windows Media Player for that operating system.

[url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/macintosh/osx/default.aspx][b]Click here to download[/b][/url]

See if that helps...

Cheers!
mjb thanks, but I did that a zillion times, but in some strange way it doesn't recognise the file. But I worked it out with the help of steve.

Thanks guys!
I had the same thing... and it depends on the wmv file too. Some work, some don't.
I think the big problem is a lot of these are from Media Player 9. They haven't released it for mac yet. I will try Steve's approach. Thanks.

Shawn
I don't know if this is just me but I don't have any problems downloading wmv files but they come up as simple text docs and I have to open them directly through wmp, and they'll stay wmp docs. I'm only using OS 9.2.1 and winows media player 7. :shrug: :goodluck:
There's a free mac OSX program called VLC which will play many different kinds of files including wmv files. You can get it at versiontracker.com.
landmark
When I saw the title for this thread, I said to myself,"Here I go again". I took a deep breath and prepared for yet one more attempt to educate the perversed on the superiority of the Mac. Happily, what I found was a community of like minded people helping eachother out. There's hope for this world yet.
Nando
Dear Nando,

[b]Ditto![/b] :)