(Close Window)
Topic: Need infomation on how to oil, grease a reel, please
I have been working on a project and needed a strong reel to get the certain something out of view quickly. I went to my local magic store and ask the man about a reel. said, all we have is dollar snatchers, ugg. Wait he he said, let me look in the back. He brings out a Petrick & Mia PM locking reel marked 1989. He said it has be in the back for quite sometime. I tried it out and sure enough it had the power I need. I would like to know, How to oil/greese this bad puppy. Where do I apply the greese or Oil. The Reel is very easy to take part. I would really appreciate some how to on this. Also it came with a Servant it says I need to attach it with snaps, the directions are very vague.

Thanks
Reel bought the farm, on to the next. Still could use some reel maintence tips.
Id recommend using a 3-in-1 oil or sewing machine oil. Both should be available at your local shopping store (Walmart, KMart, Target, etc) or your local hardware store. If the reel easily comes apart, you should be able to see which parts move. Those are the ones that get oiled. If the reel is metal (which Im assuming it is) and any of the parts are corroded (rusty), you'll probably have to clean those up before oiling it and putting it back together. This is pretty easily done with a bit of steel wool and some elbow grease. Good luck!
MINIMUM, MINIMUM -- a drop or less, otherwise the reel with fly way too fast.
What is the size weight, etc. of what you want to vanish?
You could go to a hardware store and buy a Key Back... They're about 2 inches across with a chain. Pull the chain out and cut it off and tie cord or heavy thread, or fishing line to it.
Pete, I am guessing the object in question weights 4-6 oz.

Thanks for the tips guys.