(Close Window)
Topic: Congratulations to Ms. Morgan
Last night there was a live audience taping of the World Magic Awards for 2009. Our Own Ms. Morgan took the award for Best Female Escape Artist. Her performance of the "Table of death" left the audience in stunned silence. Other than a few gasps, you could have heard a pin drop in that theater.

Hats off to you Morgan!
Bravo!
Congratulations Ms. Morgan!
Yes, congratulations!

-Jari-
Rock on Morgan!!!
Congratulations Morgan. Well deserved!!!

Kevin & Kristen
Kudos!
...and Rick Meisel "(the "washing machine escape guy"--took home the "Best Male Escape Artist Award" too....

BOTH well-deserved awards. Congrats!

Program airs Nov. 25, 2009 in the States (MyNetwork-TV)
Well, the cat's out of the bag I see. :) Thank you all.
There is much to say, stories to tell and photos to post but right now it's 1:30am in NJ. I've just returned home from my adventures in LA and frankly I'm beat. I'll spill all the info after I've had some sleep.

Thanks again for all the congats

Ms. Morgan
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Oct 15, 2009 05:09PM)
Have you slept yet Ms. Morgan? Inquiring minds want to know!
Yes Chris, I have had some sleep. Which has been nice. What I haven't had is a lot of time and now I'm off to KC again to play pirate.
I'v started working on the blog and next week I will get it posted. I will say this..never rent something like a Table of Death...never, never, never. So stay tuned, it's a story with Danger! Rust! Bent Handcuffs and Blood!...no, really there was bleeding...

Until then here is a very long link to the AP wire and the photos they have of me from the shoot. Somehow they shot every odd face I made...

http://apimages.ap.org/Search.aspx?st=k&remem=x&cfas=__p&kw=Morgan&kwstyle=and&intv=3d&prds=10002&dteaf=&dtebf=&sh=10&PERSON_FEATURED_NAME=&sort=date&TITLE=%222009+World+Magic+Awards+-+Show%22&SOURCE=&PHOTOGRAPHER_NAME=&rids=&city=&state%3Astatename=&phototype=&country%3Acountryname=&colorspace=&cfas=-1
Let me belatedly add my congratulations (I've not been around the Café in recent weeks). Anyway this is richly deserved - it was long overdue that Morgan should get this sort of recognition.

PS. That link to the pics doesn't seem to work anymore.
Program airs Nov. 25, 2009 in the States (MyNetwork-TV)

UPDATE on my post above:

As per the current (Nov. 2009) "MAGIC" magazine...the "World Magic Awards" program will air in the States on Nov. 19.

The magazine also has a full article & photos on the Award Show taping.
Hey Morgan - Congrats!!!! Sorry it took me so long to get in here and read about it. GREAT JOB!

Clyde and Sharon
Major congratulations!!!!
Congratulations Morgan, Can't wait to see the performance on Nov 19th!
Message: Posted by: Alexanderia_the_Great (Nov 6, 2009 09:45AM)
I know I am late to do so but congrats Morgan. I cannot wait to see the telecast. IMHO it couldn't have gone to a nicer person.
A late congratulations from me too.
Congratulations Ms Morgan. Sorry for the late post, but haven't had as much Internet time as I would like.

I hope that I can see you perform, someday.
Thanks, everyone, for your support. Tomorrow (19th) is the big day. "The World Magic Awards" airs on My Network TV at 8pm (east coast time). I'm on in the second hour.

Ms.M
Don' forget:

Tonight Nov 19 , 2009 is the two hour special on world magic awards. Café MS Morgan will be on it. 8PM EST

[quote]from Magic Newsletter

World Magic Awards
Thursday, November 19th, 8 p.m. (ET/PT), MyNetworkTV
This two-hour program, hosted by Robert Wagner and Jill St. John, features fourteen magic acts from around the world, including award winners Ed Alonzo, Barry & Stuart, Double Fantasy (pictured right), Michael Finney, Greg Frewin, Joseph Gabriel, Franz Harary, Katalin, Morgan, Marco Tempest, The Twins, and Tommy Wind, plus guest appearances by Lance Burton and last year's Teen Magician, Kyle Eschen. (Check your local listings.) [/quote]
Who says great magicians don’t come from New Jersey?

I think Ms. Morgan’s performance was very complimentary to her and her style.

Ms. Morgan, since I won’t see you this year at the usual place our paths cross, the first Saturday of December, let me congratulate you right now. Outstanding performance!
In a word WOW! You sold me. When the "assistant slipped and fell" releasing the spike, I thought it was a mistake. Wow, done very well! Congratulations and you got a great Award!

Dennis