(Close Window)
Topic: Singing the Praises of Chamberlain's Lotion
Just had to inject this quick comment/review of Chamberlain's. This stuff takes all the worry out of quickly and securely palming coins. I did a 3 hour set of strolling stuff this past weekend, and about once every hour, I would quirt 2 quirts of this stuff on my hands. Creates just the right amount of tackiness. This stuff is great.
I've used it for a long time (when needed) and it is great stuff. Right amount of tack and it lasts a while.
This stuff is great, I like the original scent, seems to be just right for card and coin work It is really dirt cheap, 4.99 for 8.5 oz. Whipping was about $4 -$5.
Learned about it when I saw JC Wagner prep his hands with some. It's fantastic stuff and the part I like is that it [b]does[/b] wear off, allowing one to be "tacky" for short stints as opposed to all day.

Corbett, I looked up "quirt" and it's a whip! I suppose whipping one's hands with braided leather would tenderize them a bit! :) Maybe that's what manreb was alluding to...

Cheers!

fmp
My typing is atrocious. I meant to say "squirt."
I`ll ask the obvious question. I`ve never heard of Chamberlain`s lotion. Where do you get it? In another post I was just lately trying to remember Dai`s formula for his hands, and never got an answer. It was rose hips and something....

My hands are dry most days and this loton that you speak of may be the answer. I especially need it for some card sleights. Does it leave a residude on cards?

John
John, I can't remember where I ordered it from, but you can Google it and find a million places to order it from. It is a liquid that you squirt on your hands, kind of like you would cologne. 2 squirts on my hands, and rubbing it in, is more than enough for an hour or more. Works great for coins and cards, and leaves no residue.

Here's a Google link for you.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=Chamberlain's%20golden%20touch%20lotion&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Good luck.
Thanks Corbett, just ordered a travel size and an 8.5 oz. spray bottle. They were out of stock of regular lotion so I ordered spray. Thanks again.

John
Yea Card and Coin Guys Have been useing it for a long time! It's what Marlo Used! :)
John, the spray is what you want anyway.
[quote]
On 2009-10-14 08:11, Corbett wrote:
John, the spray is what you want anyway.
[/quote]
Corbett, I've got an 8.75 oz bottle that should last about 20 years! I carry some in an old eye drop bottle. 4-5 drops in my hands does the trick for the next hour and allows me to CP with ease. Portability is what mattered most to me.

Is it available in a small spray bottle?
Try this alternative to buying the spray: Purchase a bottle of the Chamberlains Golden Touch Lotion (http://www.chamberlainlotion.com/goldentouch.php) and purchase a cheap (approx $5-7) perfume atomizer container at Nordstroms or similar (http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metallic-Perfume-Atomizer-Spray/dp/B000B45BUE). Pour the Chamberlains into the nebulizer and carry it with you at all times. Spray it onto hands as needed. Works great!

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 3:32am
--------------------------------
Forgot to mention a trick to pour the lotion into the small opening of the atomizer: take a playing card and twist/fold it into a small funnel shape. Use this to funnel the lotion into the nebulizer.
Found this formula for a similar type of lotion from a book by Gary Oullett.... Equal parts Rosewater , Glycerin, and Alchohol....Works like a charm....
I plan on getting some of this.
I love this stuff and a bottle lasts forever. I need to try the new scent though. It is my only gripe with the lotion.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Dec 17, 2009 09:54PM)
Great stuff! Just ordered some! Can't wait to try it! Maybe it will help me classic palm 4 coins at once better....been practicing that a lot but often times after I wash my hands they do not stay in well.
Sortquik is good stuff too, and even cheaper and easier to find. Any office supply store has it.
Where can you get it? The places I looked it was discontinued...
Chamberlain's is the BEST!!! A little goes a long way. Check with your local drug store. If they don't carry it, ask the pharmacist and they should be able to order it. If all else fails, order it from the web.

Mark. :)
[quote]
On 2009-12-17 12:44, Stmarkus wrote:
Found this formula for a similar type of lotion from a book by Gary Oullett.... Equal parts Rosewater , Glycerin, and Alchohol....Works like a charm....
[/quote]

That's what we used when writing Keno in Nevada -- really helped picking up those paper sheets
[quote]
On 2009-12-18 13:38, mandarin wrote:
[/quote]

Were you talking to me? if so, the stuff is readily available:
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMA_enUS326US326&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Sortkwik

If not, Good luck hunting the stuff down. Never used it, but a lot of people swear by it.
Sorry, gaddy, my last post was pretty vague. I was asking about the Chamberlain's spray, which I have not been able to find...

Jim
Just get the Chamberlain's lotion, which is actually a liquid, and put it in a small spray bottle from the drug store.

Mark.
[quote]
On 2009-12-18 13:38, mandarin wrote:
[/quote]

Hey Jim , try this

westburyonline.com/Chamberlain-Golden-Touch-Lotion-Spray-Cap-85oz-Origional-Scent-P6771.aspx
Oops , try this

westburyonline.com/Chamberlain-Golden-Touch-Lotion-Pour-Spout-85oz-New-Scent-P6750.aspx

Then go to the bottom of the page for the spray bottle ( new scent , or origional scent ).
Ok , sorry , last try

http://www.westburyonline.com/Chamberlain-Golden-Touch-Lotion-Pour-Spout-85oz-New-Scent-P6750.aspx

( again bottom of the page )
How about [url=http://www.chamberlainlotion.com/new_arrival.php]THIS?[/url] .. :) ...
Hey,thanks for the site. Think I will try this.

And who amongst us wouldn't want to "invite complements about our glowing skin?" I sure do...big reason why I caught the coin magic bug.....(grin).
I originally learned about Chamberlains from Milt Kort and have been able to have Walgreens order it in for me. It does last a long time.
Mithrandir-

I appreciate your persistence. I have ordered and hope to have it soon. Much thanks!

Regards,

Jim
You'll love it and won't leave home without it!

Mark. :bg:
Thanks for the links
supra
Any time Jim :)

You won't be disappointed .
Can anyone tell me please which has the least fragrance: Original scent or New scent?
Thanks
I love the stuff and have been using it for a long time. My only gripe is that I can't muscle pass worth a darn when its applied.
[quote]
On 2009-12-21 10:08, ehands wrote:
Can anyone tell me please which has the least fragrance: Original scent or New scent?
Thanks
[/quote]
Original has a lot of fragrance (rose petals maybe?) but it subsides quickly. Kind of an old fashioned smell...you know, like grandma's house or an old church.
Anyone know what the "new scent" is like??
Any idea about an equivalent I could find in Europe? Looks like they ship only in the US...
Hey buddy, here it is:

http://www.westburyonline.com/Default.aspx

That is Chamberlain Lotion's primary online retailer and they ship worldwide.
Thanks but I've tried this link already; Belgium is in the country list but when you go further you're told there is no shipping option for this destination...
Hmmm. That's weird! I'll see what else I can come up with...
Okay - My Chamberlain's came in the mail today. Three days - quick delivery from Westberry's. No stores appear to carry this in North Carolina, according to Chamberlain's web site store locator.

I have dry skin and I hate putting lotion on my hands, but obviously I need it. What makes this lotion different is that is it not a "creamy lotion". The front says, "more effective than creamy lotions." The main ingredient is alcohol, followed by water, and glycerin. I have never used lotion that wasn't creamy. Very nice...
[quote]
On 2009-12-30 12:34, lorenwade wrote:
Hey buddy, here it is:

http://www.westburyonline.com/Default.aspx

That is Chamberlain Lotion's primary online retailer and they ship worldwide.
[/quote]

I live in Canada, and I tried to order, and I got a message saying there is no shipping for the destination entered... anyone else have this problem? I also tried to check out using pay pal and got the same result...
Does anyone know of any magicshops that might carry this that ships outside the u.s.?
Iamslow,
I had the same problem when I tried to order from Belgium; my gf is going to Toronto by the end of february, I asked Westbury if they have a retailer in this town but can't get any answer... If you can grab information about this product, please be kind enough to pm me!
Thanks in advance!
Gilles, from Brussels.
How is it combined with the use of rosin? That being said I've never used neither of the two products as to coin use.
[quote]
On 2009-12-23 00:44, fmpilot wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-12-21 10:08, ehands wrote:
Thanks
[/quote]
Original has a lot of fragrance (rose petals maybe?) but it subsides quickly. Kind of an old fashioned smell...you know, like grandma's house or an old church.
[/quote]

I just received the "New Scent" in the mail last week... On a website somewhere it was described as "Almond and Lavender". I would describe as as more Almond than Lavender. I cant stand anything with a floral scent like apparently the original has been described on here (have not tried the original scent myself).

I do not mind this new scent and is dissipates quickly and certainly not over powering like so many. AND, I do like the results. I am sold. Gives excellent grip without being greasy or leaving residue on cards. This has been a true problem solver for me.
Just a quick question, I perform in Australia where temperatures can get a bit excessive (43C in Melbourne today!) as such if I am working outside my palms can and do get a bit sweaty - I was just wondering if you think if Chamberlain's would be a useful purchase for me under these conditions.

Many thanks,

Ziggy
I have both the New Scent and the original scent. Aside from the scent, I find that the original remains tacky for a longer period of time. To me that's the important issue.
Putting the lotion in a spray bottle give you just the right amount you need without spillage. The bottle that it comes in allows more than you need when you apply it to your hands.
Those of you that are out of the country...how about giving them a call?

[quote]
On 2010-01-10 22:07, ziggystarsane wrote:
Just a quick question, I perform in Australia where temperatures can get a bit excessive (43C in Melbourne today!) as such if I am working outside my palms can and do get a bit sweaty - I was just wondering if you think if Chamberlain's would be a useful purchase for me under these conditions.

Many thanks,

Ziggy
[/quote]

Is this a humid or dry heat? I live in a very humid area during the summer months and have found that it takes longer to gain its tackiness. In fact if too humid, kind of just stays wet (less tacky indeed). See the way the glycerin interacts with air is by taking all the surrounding moisture from it. The alcohol is used to evaporate the liquid base so to speak leaving only the moisture soaked glycerin on your hand. Not extremely beneficial in such conditions. Dry heat different story and found that in Vegas did as expected.

That said, I called the factory direct and ordered a box of 12 or so back in 2001. I gave one bottle to Eric Jones and used one for myself. That bottle of mine is still going strong and I have ten bottles left.

Now the naturalist view. What happens if for some reason you don't have the lotion on you and you have grown dependent?

I am starting to view this lotion as a type of training wheel for some. Being a sufferer of dry hands myself, I found that using a finger palm or edge grip (Harbottle, not Roth) or even a thumb palm can nicely substitute where I once required a classic palm. Personally, I do a lot of jazzed coin magic where I'm asked on the spot. I think it's silly to turn around grab the bottle, make them wait while I lotion up, and then wait for it to dry. A true magician wouldn't need lotion to make miracles happen no matter if Marlo used it. I'm just saying.

For truly learning sleight of hand, I feel the student should adapt his/her approach rather than the constant. (If your hands are always dry, they are always dry...you know what there is to work with in that case always.) Do things your environment knows as natural so as to appear natural and you will not be caught off guard.

This is just my opinion and at times do use the lotion still. There is nothing wrong if you do for that's your choice. Just a thought.
[quote]

Many thanks,

Ziggy
[/quote]

No , I don't think Chaberlain's will help in this case .

Try a rosin bag or hand chalk (you know the stuff people use in the gym). That should take care of the sweat and give you a good grip on the coins . Again chalkin up before a performance will not look natural , but it will help the sweaty hands problem .
[quote]
On 2010-01-12 19:14, Mithrandir wrote:
[quote]

Many thanks,

Ziggy
[/quote]

No , I don't think Chaberlain's will help in this case .

Try a rosin bag or hand chalk (you know the stuff people use in the gym). That should take care of the sweat and give you a good grip on the coins . Again chalkin up before a performance will not look natural , but it will help the sweaty hands problem .
[/quote]

Many thanks for your advice, I have never considered chalk until now - I think a bit of experimenting is in order....

Thanks again,

Ziggy
Hey guys I'm just wondering if any of you has used both chamberlain's lotion and the sortkwick and can give a comparison I want to get the chamerlain's but it's not readily available in Toronto where sortkwick is at staples for 1.99 a pack,, I been hearing that both work but haven't heard anyone compare the two???

Tanks
Remy
You got it Ziggy , just a little bit should do the trick .

I see you're fairly new to the Café ... Welcome :)
Just a tip for those who use Chamberlain's.

A buddy of mine tipped me to a great spray container for this. It is small, thin and easy to carry.

It is in the travel section of the "Container Store" (U.S. metro areas).
It comes in a two pack for $1.99.

Sorry I can't provide a link. I didn't see it on their website, but it is in the stores.

Sammy
[quote]
On 2010-01-13 18:29, mr.nemo wrote:
Hey guys I'm just wondering if any of you has used both chamberlain's lotion and the sortkwick and can give a comparison I want to get the chamerlain's but it's not readily available in Toronto where sortkwick is at staples for 1.99 a pack,, I been hearing that both work but haven't heard anyone compare the two???

Tanks
Remy
[/quote]
Hi
I use corn husker's lotion, it seams to have the same ingredients as chamerlain's . Can anyone compare corn husker's to chamerlain's lotion?
Thanks
Ralph
Yes Ralph, I have used both. I found huskers to be way too tacky. Chamberlain's is the better of the two IMHO. Both are glycerin based, however, huskers is really thick leading me to believe that there is way more glycerin in it than golden touch. Go with Chamberlain's if you can get it.
Hey Ralph

just a quick question is huskers readily available or is it just as much of a mission as chamberlain's , I mean do you just get it at the pharmacy.

Thanks
Remy
I purchased my huskers from a pharmacy.
[quote]
On 2010-01-15 10:14, Justin Hart wrote:
Yes Ralph, I have used both. I found huskers to be way too tacky. Chamberlain's is the better of the two IMHO. Both are glycerin based, however, huskers is really thick leading me to believe that there is way more glycerin in it than golden touch. Go with Chamberlain's if you can get it.
[/quote]
Hi
Thank you!
[quote]
On 2010-01-15 12:00, mr.nemo wrote:
Hey Ralph

just a quick question is huskers readily available or is it just as much of a mission as chamberlain's , I mean do you just get it at the pharmacy.

Thanks
Remy
[/quote]
Hi
I bought mine at Wal-Mart. I live in PA , and it seams like every pharmacy carries it.
hth
Thank you for the info will look into that and at the same time I'm on the look for a local supplier for chamberlain's.
Is Chamberlain's Lotion the prefered hand treatment for doing
ball flairs, or are there better options? I find that my fingers are way too slippery to reliably complete multiple passes. Is there a known source for Chamberlain's in the US?
Thanks
[quote]
On 2010-01-15 10:14, Justin Hart wrote:
[/quote]
Hi Justin
My Chamberlain's lotion came today. You were 100% right when you said go with chamberlain's lotion over corn huskers lotion.
Thanks again
Ralph
Just used some Chamberlains...Very nice, and my hands smell like a brand new haircut...
I don't mean to take anything away from what's been said above; I use True Touch lotion all the time, mostly when practicing around the house. But when I go out to perform, I take a jar of Skinner's Edge Card Creme. I'm surprised it isn't more popular amongst the dry-hand fraternity. Some of it's advantages are:

1. It's not a liquid (no spills);
2. It comes in a a very small cosmetic jar that can be easily kept on one's person and quickly accessed.
3. In my case the formulation seems to work a bit better than True Touch.
4. A little goes a very long way.
Yea It's good! But I found out it does not last As long! But maybe it's just me! :)
I've been using Chamberlains for a few years and it works great. Where do you buy True Touch. And also is Skinners Edge Card Creme the same or a different product. Thanks

Norm
Skinner's Edge is a different product; a waxy solid at room temperature. It comes in a tiny plastic cosmetic jar (a small disk that opens) and you rub your thumb and forefinger on the stuff, then "wash" your hands to spread it around.
I believe Steven's Magic carries this product.
I checked on line for any local carriers of Chamberlain's and it was said to be carried by one of our local drug stores but alas they haven't had it in years! I guess I'll order it on line!

I've had great success with Neutragena for a long time but this winter has really taken a toll on my mitts and where as it helps with conditioning it no longer gives me that little extra tack!

MMc
I ordered this on-line last week. I ordered just one spray bottle (new scent) which was like $4.50 plus a few bucks to ship. A very small order but bingo, a few days later there it was in the mail.

When all is said and done, this is a very easy way to get the Chamberlains.
I ordered some last week as well and am expecting arrival soon.

I also bought an atomizer online, which is used by women to carry their perfume with them. It's plastic and will fit perfectly in one of my coin magic prop bags.
You know..., I've grabbed myself a bottle to try it out. And you know..., it didn't do much for me and my dry hands. Before Chamberlain's, I had been using Corn Husker's lotion(Walmart). CH works great for me when handling coins. But as far as cards go, I would have to let it ware off a little. I guess Chamberlain's work for most, but for others with really dry hands like I have...there's Corn Husker's lotion.
Stevens Magic carries Chamberlain's:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_63&products_id=111940

Bob Phillips
Amazing. For me, Cornhuskers doesn't work because it doesn't give me enough tack! Others here say they have dry skin problems and Cornhuskers is too tacky for them. Man, I must have REALLY dry hands!

The only thing, for me, that works for cards is the SPRAY bottle (NOT the cream in a tube) of Zim's Crack Creme. Couple of squirts on the hands and rub in.

For coins, Zim's is not quite enough. Have to go with either violin rosin or bowler's ProGrip. Sometimes, if I combine cards with coins, I use Zims, with rosin or progrip on critical areas of the hands for coins. Lasts a good long time.
Does anyone know if Chamberlains is available in Canada?
They will ship internationally.
Just purchased some from Stevens Magic. Still trying it out on gigs and comparing it to Grants liquid.
Just to add my 2 cents:

I've used Chamberlain in the past. It was (and is) great. Get it. Try it. You won't be sorry. But I think there is actually something better:

8-9 months ago, there was another thread here at TMC that went into all the particulars about what ingredients are good, which are bad, which are counter-productive. Glycerin seemed to be the top choice of ingredients, with ethylene-glycol as a distant second choice. Glycerin apparently soaks into the epidermis and attracts water, both from your body and from the air, and keeps that moisture in the epidermis. Right where you need it. It isn't oily; just moist.

Alcohol was the counter-productive ingredient as it acts to DRY the skin. It's added to help make a lotion dry faster so your skin doesn't feel wet from the lotion, but it actually reduces the overal moisturizing effect. Go figure.

Animal (lanolin) and petroleum (petrolatum) oils and waxes are, according to that thread I refer to but can't find in a search, the absolute worst ingredients (for most people, but of course others swear by those ingredients). These are the “make your hands feel silky smooth" ingredients, which of course don't provide much tackiness unless you leave a sheen of lotion on your hands. Which then gets on your cards and ropes and coins and clothes.

I tried the corn huskers and a few others that were mentioned. More or less, they all seemed to do OK, not really better or worse than Chamberlain. Some lasted longer with less tack, others were too tacky for me, some had strange smells. But I'd vote Chamberlain the best over all of them by a narrow margin.

By accident I stumbled across something in my local CVS, the hand lotion section. It's a bottle of 100% pure vegetable glycerin. No oils, no waxes, no alcohols, no fragrances, no anything but glycerin. I don't use anything else since I discovered this stuff. It doesn't have a tack. It actually does make the skin moist, and keeps it that way for a half hour or more.

The brand I'm using is Jaloma (from Mexico). It's in a small, white plastic bottle about 5 inches tall with a dark green cap. The UPC is 759684514906 for the 2oz/60ml bottle. Here's a picture of the product:

4.bp.blogspot.com/_3jHmlAww__A/Sh2ejx5NGfI/AAAAAAAAADI/yb60Dtthh6Q/s320/Picture+014.jpg

Don't get stuck on finding Jaloma brand. Any pure vegetable glycerin will do. Find any brand local to you. Ask your pharmacist what they can order for you. I suppose you could try a chemical supply company and order a 500ml bottle of the stuff, but you'd be leaving most of it to your kids in your will.

Here's how I use it:

10 minutes before practice or performance, I place the tip of a right-hand finger over the mouth of the open bottle and shake (it's a little viscous and requires shaking, not just tilting). I wipe whatever little bit is on my finger onto the thumb heel of my left hand, then switch hands. I repeat using a finger from my left hand on the bottle, wiping the glycerin onto my right-hand thumb heel. Then I thoroughly work this in for about 2 minutes, making sure I get the side of the fingers, the crotch of the thumb, etc.

For about 5 minutes, my hands will feel oily. Then they suddenly change to being silky, not oily. After 8-10 minutes, the silkiness goes away and I'm left with moist but not damp hands. They aren't tacky in the sense of a glue or stick-um. They are tacky only in the sense of a moist hand versus a dry hand. Coins and cards palm wonderfully. Block pushovers, strike seconds, culling, you name it--they all execute wonderfully without leaving anything on my cards or coins.

The glycerin effect lasts about 45 minutes if you're really manipulating things, or maybe 30 minutes longer if you're just sort of lazily practicing something.

One thing to beware of is... If you've just washed your hands and dried them, DON'T apply pure glycerin for about 15 minutes. I've made that mistake a few times. What you get are hands that are actually DAMP. You can touch a coin and see the moisture on the surface and watch it evaporate. That's far too moist and actually makes handling a bit slippery. Give your skin a chance to let the rinse-water evaporate before using pure glycerin.

Price for the Jaloma: I paid 99 cents per 2oz bottle back in July 2009. That puts it a little cheaper than Chamberlain but only just. A 2oz bottle lasts me about 3 months with daily practice and twice weekly performance. There's a 4oz bottle available but I like the 2oz as it fits nicely in my gig pouch with my coins and cards and giveaways.

Happy handling!

Richard
I went to a lecture at the TAOM and noticed one of the lecturers getting ready. I don't remember his name, but after the show I asked what he used on his hands. He showed me a small spray bottle of Zim's Crack Spray. It seems to work great for me, anyone else ever heard of it?
I've been wondering for a while about a good hand lotion to use. My hands variate greatly between slippery and too dry. I'll be giving a few of these suggestions a go!
I've been using Chamberlin's lotion for quite awhile. It works great, but I still want a few grains of violin/viola bow rosin on the tips of my fingers for coin work.

dsalley13
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 23:56, dsalley13 wrote:
I've been using Chamberlin's lotion for quite awhile. It works great, but I still want a few grains of violin/viola bow rosin on the tips of my fingers for coin work.

dsalley13
[/quote]

I use it consistently almost every day, for magic and not. I have dry hands. This stuff is by far my favorite. :)
Its driving me crazy - surely someone in the uk sells Chamberlain's Golden Touch
[quote]
On 2010-08-10 04:42, magus-inc wrote:
Its driving me crazy - surely someone in the uk sells Chamberlain's Golden Touch
[/quote]

I looked for quite some time for someone selling it in Europe but had no luck. In the end I ordered it from Stevens Magic. Great service and fast shipment.

That being said, Golden Touch has made magic fun to practice again! I've tried a whole bunch of creams, oil et cetera, but nothing compares to this stuff. I feel like a clammy handed pubescent kid again! :D
I just bought some Chamberlain Golden Touch in the travel size at a local pharmacy...$3 for the bottle. Tried the sampler before I bought it...wow. My hands were so dry and now they are great...bout 6 hours later still have a little tack and suppleness. I am sold.
I've just been over in Houston for a week on business and I have been looking in every pharmacy that I pass for Chamberlins and I've had no luck what so ever. While lamenting this lack of Chamberlins with Scott Wells one night he reminded me that John Carney recommends Vagisal.

So I ended up getting the following:
Corn Huskers - this helped moisturise, but never left any appreciable 'tack'
Glycerine - this seemed to work better than corn huskers and left a nice tack
Vagisal - (boy do you get weired looks in Walmart buying that stuff) a great moisturiser, but never left any tack.

One thing that I did find out though was that having my hands 'tackier' or even just better moisturises changes several of the grips that I have to use. I find it very difficult to bottom deal cards with my hands like this, and even second dealing was pretty tricky.

It didn't seem to do much at all however to my coin work though. I'll take that as a good thing though.

Regards,

John
[quote]
On 2009-10-13 11:07, Corbett wrote:
Just had to inject this quick comment/review of Chamberlain's. This stuff takes all the worry out of quickly and securely palming coins. I did a 3 hour set of strolling stuff this past weekend, and about once every hour, I would quirt 2 quirts of this stuff on my hands. Creates just the right amount of tackiness. This stuff is great.
[/quote]

Just want to say I tried Corn Huskers lotion and thought that stuff was awesome, until I tried Chamberlain's 'Golden Touch Lotion', nothing else I have used even comes close to 'Golden Touch', the tack lasts for a long time, other lotions I've used I've had to reapply a lot, not with Chamberlain's, love that stuff!
I hate to toot my own horn so to speak, but for $5.50 Postpaid you can have in about 1-2 days (to Texas). The travel size is PERFECT. We have sold over 1,000 bottles, with many customers buying 3 units per order. We ship the same day 90% of the time (except Sundays').

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_63&products_id=111940

Thanks
Mark Stevens

[quote]
On 2010-09-10 13:58, jmcgrath wrote:
I've just been over in Houston for a week on business and I have been looking in every pharmacy that I pass for Chamberlins and I've had no luck what so ever. While lamenting this lack of Chamberlins with Scott Wells one night he reminded me that John Carney recommends Vagisal.

So I ended up getting the following:
Corn Huskers - this helped moisturise, but never left any appreciable 'tack'
Glycerine - this seemed to work better than corn huskers and left a nice tack
Vagisal - (boy do you get weired looks in Walmart buying that stuff) a great moisturiser, but never left any tack.

One thing that I did find out though was that having my hands 'tackier' or even just better moisturises changes several of the grips that I have to use. I find it very difficult to bottom deal cards with my hands like this, and even second dealing was pretty tricky.

It didn't seem to do much at all however to my coin work though. I'll take that as a good thing though.

Regards,

John
[/quote]
I got the 'New Fragrance, Travel Size' from Joe Stevens. I hardly notice any fragrance (much more subtle than before). The size, atomizer, and plastic that-looks-like-glass container are winners.
If you go here http://www.vitanherbs.com/bath-beauty-1/chamberlain-golden-touch-lotion-2-oz-travel-size.html You can get the travel size for $1.49 a bottle with $4.99 postage for any size order.
Thanks man! Looks GOOD! :)
Just FYI, Chamberlains Golden Touch Lotion has been rebranded as Chamberlains After Bath Splash. I haven't bought or used any of the new/re-branded Chamberlain's but in the ad copy quote "Chamberlain Original lotion has been renamed/rebranded as "After Bath Splash" Chamberlain Golden Touch Lotion: Pour, spray, or smooth Golden Touch Lotion on your skin and immediately feel the luxurious, silky golden liquid transform rough, chapped skin into soft, supple and touchable skin once again without leaving any residue."

I would feel confident buying it. If anyone buys the new 'After Bath Splash, please let us know if it is indeed the same product.
I just purchased 5 bottles of the Travel size golden touch lotion from here: [url]http://www.vitanherbs.com/bath-beauty/lotions.html?manufacturer=134[/url] for 1.49 each plus flat rate shipping of 5.00.
I found some Little I OZ. Spray Bottles At the Container Store Here in Denver ! :) There like 2 for $ 1.99 And there Just the right size to carry in your pocket! :)
I've know of a number of things that work well with cards. I've got a couple of things that work perfectly with coins.

But - I have yet to find something that works with both. This is likely due to my skin, as it is incredibly dry and smooth. I cannot classic palm a half- or dollar- coin due to this (and no, this is not due to lack of practice :) ). Untreated, my skin is so dry that I have difficulty running cards off the top of a deck with my thumb!

I ordered some Chamberlain's (spray bottle version) today, and look forward to seeing how it works.
Hay man It has always Worked well for me with both Cards and coins! And also non-card and coin stuff!!! :)
It also helps me with my rope magic too.
A very good product.
Todd
Yea if I am not mistaken I think that Fits Under Non-card & coin! :) or Are you just trying to rope me in??? :)
Chess, Chamberlain's works well - and NaPCA by Twin Labs works equally well - but neither lasts very long unfortunately. Your hands sound about the same as mine, which makes both coin and card magic difficult and frustrating. But we have to keep trying!

Jim
Yea that's why I carry the small spray In my pocket all the time! :)
Im knot sure David.
Sorry I was Just felling knotty Today! :)
I mentioned on another topic that violin rosin and Bowler's Grip (available at bowling alley pro shops) are the only things that have helped in my coin work (the main issue is classic palming). They both work MARVELOUSLY, but are ineffective with coins.

Here's hoping Chamberlain's will be a good dual solution.

Of course, I can use a solution for fingertips (for cards) and Bowler's Grip on the palms (for the coins) to do both in one session. Definitely worth doing, but always looking to simplify.
Well if it was good enough For Marlo! :)
The reason for getting this product is the impact on the hands.

But what is its impact on the playing cards you use? Does any residue go on the cards, and do they wear quicker or differently? And do the cards attract dust/dirt more quickly when you use this product?

I guess the impact would be most noticeable over time. How does a well-used deck look after a few weeks of use with lotion-ed hands, compared to a deck well used with in-lotion-ed hands?
I have never had any Residue Come Off on my cards or my coins! Works great for me ! :)
I never have problems either. I would imagine if you overspray and go directly to palming and rough handling you could affect the cards, but a small amount rubbed in a few minutes beforehand have never caused a problem for me and I use it almost daily.