(Close Window)
Topic: My first designed trick: 'Levelling'
This is the first trick I made up myself. It's called 'Levelling'. Here's the effect:

A spectator is chosen from the audience. You tell him that you’re curious if you two are on the same level – if there’s a kind of match. You show a deck of cards, the cards are numbered on the backs from 1 to 52.. You and the spectator take a pen and paper. You say: ‘We’re going to think of a card at the same time, but to avoid that we both think of the same card, you’ll think of a red card, and I’ll of a black one. Don’t tell, but write down. I count to 3: 1-2-3.’ Both write down a card. ‘Now we’re going to think of a number. You of an even and I of an odd number. At the count of 3 we’ll write it down. 1-2-3.’ After that you compare the cards and the numbers. The spectator has jack of hearts and 16. You have 3 of spades and 37. ‘To see if we are levelling, we’re mixing the card and number. So we’re going to search for the jack of hearts numbered 37 and the 3 of spades numbered 16.’ Both cards are found, and yes: jack of hearts is numbered 37, the 3 of spades is numbered 16. This is called ‘Levelling’.

Cards and numbers may vary.

I'm thinking of selling this trick for about 25 euro's (37 American dollars), in Bicycles. I need the Forum's advice: is this prize right for this trick?

To the forum moderator: am I posting this in the right section? If not, pease move it the right one.
I really like it a LOT Zebaztian . . . I think the price is right also. If I'm not mistaken, the cards can be handed out for examination also . . .

all the best to you,
Greg Rostami

P.S. You might be interested in an upcoming release of mine called Yo-Numbuh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rlThKe1qo
You can show the deck before the trick quite thouroughly (do not hand the deck over). The trick is not a rough/smooth or Svengali one. Afterwards the two chosen cards can be examined.
I think Yo-Numbuh can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7u5ADLtupI. It's a cool effect by Greg Rostami.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7u5ADLtupI Yo-Numbuh correct link.
I'd be very curious to see how you justify finding your own card as well...

(not implying it cannot be done, but I'm curious, since it's obviously part of the method, how you justify it).
Sounds great. But what comes with the sale? Pamphlet? VIdeo? Need more info.

PS

Greg, where can I get Yo Numbah?
The trick comes with a prepared deck of cards (the deck is gaffed, but the cards are not, every card on its own can be examined). And with an explanation (which will be in correct English, I'll let my translation corrected by an English teacher in English language and literature). I'm not handy with a videocam, and because I'm a small free lancer who just invented his first trick, I don't have the money to make a pro-video.

The only thing you must do, is writing the numbers at the back of the cards. I have a rather unreadable handwriting. So you choose wether or not you are into the odd or into the even numbers and you write those numbers in your own handwriting at the backs.

PM me if you're interested. Of course I give discount to dealers or other people who order more than one deck. I accept PayPal.
Hi rockthemike,

Yo Numbah doesn't exist yet . . . but it will soon.

Stay Tuned, there are a few magic distributors that want to make it.
Greg Rostami
There's even a way to make the deck in such a manner that you can fan it. So the effect is this:

A spectator is chosen from the audience. You tell him that you’re curious if you two are on the same level – if there’s a kind of match. You show a deck of cards, the cards are numbered on the backs from 1 to 52. You fan the deck to show all the cards are different. You and the spectator take a pen and paper. You say: ‘We’re going to think of a card at the same time, but to avoid that we both think of the same card, you’ll think of a red card, and I’ll of a black one. Don’t tell, but write down. I count to 3: 1-2-3.’ Both write down a card. ‘Now we’re going to think of a number. You of an even and I of an odd number. At the count of 3 we’ll write it down. 1-2-3.’ After that you compare the cards and the numbers. The spectator has jack of hearts and 16. You have 3 of spades and 37. ‘To see if we are levelling, we’re mixing the card and number. So we’re going to search for the jack of hearts numbered 37 and the 3 of spades numbered 16.’ Both cards are found, and yes: jack of hearts is numbered 37, the 3 of spades is numbered 16.