(Close Window)
Topic: IForce by Greg Rostami
I just picked this up and loaded it into my iphone. Every and I mean EVERY iphone/itouch owner should pick this up. It is extremely clever. I love the fact that you can create your own effects right on the spot. Greg also includes 8 pre set effects to get you started. You will have gold in the palm of your hand!

This is very easy to understand and the instructions are very clear. My head is spinning just thinking about all the applications for this!

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go buy this app NOW!

Just my humble opinion...
Max
Any link to buy it ? Thanks
Go the the apple store and type iforce in the search engine.

I have already created two more effects for this app. I love it!
Unbelievable and fantastic app.

Brilliant , ingenious and so simple.

Bravo !!!!
Its things like this that make me want to switvh my carrier and buy an Iphone!..

When are other phones going to compete with this amazing device?
[quote]
On 2009-10-21 14:30, magichoka wrote:
Any link to buy it ? Thanks
[/quote]

you must use Itunes store Application to buy and download this app .

OR go to this link :

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/iforce-codename-doodle

iForce (codename: Doodle) $2.99

Watch the iForce demo at:
http://www.RostamiMagic.com/iforce

iForce is a diabolical magic app that is cleverly disguised as a simple "Doodle" program.
Launch "Doodle" and show how you like drawing quick notes with your finger.
It seems simple enough . . . but if they only knew . . . beneath this innocent exterior is the most powerful and stealth magic technology.
Get ready to ASTONISH with your amazing psychic powers.

➤ Read minds . . .
Ask someone to think of a color, favorite food, day of the week, etc . . .
For example she’s thinking of her favorite type of food . . . she’s thinking Sushi (Remember she’s only THINKING Sushi!)
After a deep look into her eyes, you write what she’s thinking on the iPhone display using the "Doodle" app, and leave it face down on the table.
The moment she reveals her favorite food, (by whispering it to you) you smile triumphantly. When the iPhone is flipped over, her jaw drops when she sees that you had written “Sushi” on the display!!

➤ Predict the future . . .
This can be the outcome of a sports game, coin toss, dice, etc . . .
Borrow 3 coins. Announce that you can predict the orientation of ALL 3 coins.
After some intense concentration, write your prediction on the iPhone and leave it face down on the table.
The 3 coins are randomly mixed and placed on the table from left to right. When the iPhone is turned over, the Heads and Tails of each coin is written in perfect order!!

➤ Force your will . . .
Demonstrate your power to subconsciously control anyone.
Draw an arrow on the face of your iPhone and then proceed to quit the app without clearing the drawing.
Place the iPhone face up on the table. Put your hand on her shoulder and ask her to move her finger in a circle around the iPhone.
Announce that you can FORCE her to stop moving exactly where you had drawn the arrow. She stops her movement . . . your smile grows to a huge grin . . . she launches the Doodle App and gasps . . . YOUR drawn arrow is pointing at her finger!!

These are just a small sample of the infinite effects that you can perform with iForce.

Features of iForce:
----------------
•iForce is the ONLY magic product that allows you to create CUSTOM effects instantly
•Easy to do . . . learn with both written and video instructions
•iForce comes with several amazing effects that you’ll perform immediately
•Everything can be fully examined before and after the performance
•The iPhone never leaves the sight of your audience
•No voice recognition (you can perform 100% SILENT)
•No wireless communication used (you don’t need another iPhone/iPod to perform)
•No compass used . . . Works with ALL iPhones/iPod Touches
•Impossible to detect the secret (since you’ll learn the Deepest Darkest Secret in Magic . . . )
I just downloaded this to my "magic apps" screen on my iPhone. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this later! Thanks for this powerful tool, Greg!
You're welcome boywonder . . .

We would love to hear how you're usng iForce . . . in fact we're going to put together a competition for the best iForce performance video on YouTube.

The prize hasn't been determined yet, but we'll make sure we make it worth your time.

Further details coming soon,
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 22, 2009 04:05AM)
First off Greg, WOW! What an application! I have so many ideas running through my head with this, think I will enjoy creating different effects with it!

Just an idea to play with, for those who have this...i set this up for a version of Cereal Killer last night!

So I get into the effect (those who have it will know what I mean). Then I hand draw all the gags etc (No, 4 legged animal, barcode etc) before doing the breakfast cereal to end. It is killer! just an idea for people to play with.
[quote]
On 2009-10-22 01:45, Greg Rostami wrote:
You're welcome boywonder . . .

We would love to hear how you're usng iForce . . . in fact we're going to put together a competition for the best iForce performance video on YouTube.

The prize hasn't been determined yet, but we'll make sure we make it worth your time.

Further details coming soon,
Greg Rostami
[/quote]

Do you really want dozens of kids that are magic junkies on You Tube seeing this?

I guess you would to sell it...
Just awesome! I have already created some of my own presets to customize it (using names of people I know), and have many uses with other tricks for this also. Definitely app of the year, and magic app of the century!
I got this app and hour ago in work after reading this thread, and I haven't done a stitch since! Amazing and very clever piece of kit, well done Greg :)

I wold also love to hear how people are using it, there's so much scope!
I drew four basic geometric shapes for the first phase then four within a circle for the second.

I ask the spectator to think of a BASIC geometric shape. Then for phase two I repeat it and I ask them to think of another shape lets say they said circle then I then ask them to mentally draw another shape WITHIN it. If they say square then I say o.k now draw another shape AROUND that one. I have circle, triangle, square and rectangle for memorization. Circle = 1 stroke, triangle = 3 square=4, rectangle is largest

Then I turn over the phone and BAM.
Fantastic app..

The layout and user interface is slick and very intuitive. Now must go and familiarize myself with this little gem.

I never liked 'magic apps' before due to the somewhat obvious flaw (iPhone does the magic). Not with this.. it looks like the real deal and perfect when you're caught out, with no pen and paper!

Thanks Greg, I can see the many hours of hard work and brilliant thinking which has been put into bring this to market.

10/10
Sounds like this is a good app, but am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "app" magic that is going around.

I don't know why but I don't like magic which is based in a software application. I understand that it is just using modern tech to do magic, but I can't get passed the idea that people will just write it off as cool programming. I am a computer guy, so maybe I am over thinking it?
Have you ever heard of "self-working magic", dinger136? This app does the "magic", but you still have to learn the multiple ways to make the magic happen, and the multiple uses for this program. As they always say, a computer is just a tool, it still needs an operator/magician . . .
[quote]
On 2009-10-22 18:43, theboywonder wrote:
Have you ever heard of "self-working magic", dinger136? This app does the "magic", but you still have to learn the multiple ways to make the magic happen, and the multiple uses for this program. As they always say, a computer is just a tool, it still needs an operator/magician . . .
[/quote]

Yes I have, these are the worst 3 words in magic. Anyway, sorry for the post, don't want to start that fight on this thread.
I totally agree with you dinger136. When Greg brought this concept up to me, the first thing I said was that I don't want the spectator to think "what a cool app, how did it do it"?

We wanted you to be the magician, not the app. The typical spectator never even thinks that the app had anything to do with it. I think we really pulled this off with iForce.

Greg has performed this for some seriously iPhone savvy spectators. All of which have had theories that they vocalized, but for every theory they have thrown at Greg, Greg can always prove them wrong with another performance. No other app that I know of can handle this kind of scrutiny. The spectator eventually gives up and realizes that Greg really does possess some sort of psychic powers.

Anyway, I understand your reservations and don't blame you a bit for having them. I _had_ them myself.

-Randy
IForce utilizes (or optionally combines) two of the best iPhone magic app concepts previously used and cleverly wraps it into a totally logical application that is completely customizable.

My favorite routine is using iForce is for the spectator to name any fruit. If you draw out the fruit as your prediction, then you get a bonus if they name "grapes" (red vs. green). If a rare or overly exotic fruit is named then you use the "I knew that" gag and go directly into a different but surefire hit using iForce.

Doodle needs an orange swatch ;)
My reply wasn't intended to start a fight, just another friendly point of view. I have already performed this, had a spectator say "I know how you did it", and proved them wrong by predicting their number again, in a different way. It is awesome!
That's awesome! It is too cool hearing how you guys are using and enjoying it. Thanks theboywonder.
Here are my thoughts:

This is a great app. The only magic application I am going to use for my iPod. Three methods are given so if a spectator almost has the method down, you are able to use a different method to get the first one out of his head.

BUT please change the name to iForce. Don't add "doodle" in the name!!! I have had more than one person look up Doodle on their device, and find the application! Then they know it's a magic app! Ruins the whole trick. If it's possible please change the name!!!!
OMG! I just got this app and it is now my #1 app on my ipod touch (sorry Rising Card)! It's sooooo versatile and easy to use. Now, so many of those prediction effects I do using a pen and pad can be done using this app.

I use it as a tool with my effect and not the effect itself. "... Oh, I forgot my pen and pad. Wait there's an app for that ..."

I'm a long-time software developer myself and I must say Kudos to the developers of this app and those who came up with the idea.

So when will the day come when I can say, "Magic Café, there's an app for that" :)
I just bought IForce from the App store through my IPhone.
Can someone tell me where the instructions are.

Thank you,
magiclee
Just purchased. very cool. looking forward to developing routines. cheaha bill
Dear friends,

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU !!!!

I can't thank you enough for your kind words about iForce.

As Randy said in a previous post, we love hearing about your clever applications of iForce. Randy and I always said that we couldn't wait for your insight.

Based on some of the ideas that I've been reading about on these threads, my presets seem so bla in comparison to your colorful plots.

Greg Rostami

P.S. Since we're talking presets . . . here is one of my favorite routines with iForce.

" I don't know what type of money you have with you . . . these days, money can be bills, coins, credit cards, etc. . . ."

"I want you to imagine any kind of money that you have with you, I'll write it down."

I then proceed to predict they type of money, and then predict that actual currency . . .

Back to back predictions that tell a complete story are one of the most clever effects you can do with iForce.
Magiclee,

I sent you a PM on how to get instructions.

-Randy
[quote]
On 2009-10-22 23:40, Randy Croucher wrote:
Magiclee,

I sent you a PM on how to get instructions.

-Randy
[/quote]

Better send that to me as well!
Hi all,

You can tap the I button with the circle around it to get to both the written and video instructions built in to the app.

Thanks,
-Randy
Can I recieve the app download without wifi? using the cable from iphone to computer? Do I need a sim card to download iforce? do I need a sim card to use iforce? I am a complete newb when it comes to downloading apps. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...
P.S. Greg thanks again for releasing this gem to the fraternity. I haven't thought about much else since you demonstrated it for me. It absolutley DESTROYS!
Hi Electric Eye,

If you have internet access (WiFi, 3G, Edge) on your device, you can purchase it directly from the App Store on the device.

If you have iTunes on your computer, you can purchase iForce from the App Store by clicking this [url=http://iForceOnAppStore.notlong.com]link[/url].

Once you have it downloaded to you computer, just sync with your iPhone/iPod Touch and it should show up.

Thank you!
-Randy Croucher
Thank you Randy, sounds great. Will this work without a sim card in my iphone? As I recently was given an iphone from a friend and haven't set it up for service yet, and before he gave it to me he removed his sim card.
Hmmm. I have no idea. iForce certainly doesn't rely on there being one, but I don't know if Apple requires one or not for all Apps?

Maybe someone else knows, or you'll have to let us know. :)

-Randy
Randy Thanks again, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow or tonight if I can find somewhere to get an Itunes card at this hour, as I do not have a credit card. By the way I imagine I can purchase this with an Itunes card. Would that be right?
I believe an iTunes card should work for anything on iTunes.
Why don't you try and download a free app first to see if it will work? There are loads of 'lite' versions in the app store that are free.

Regards

Matt
Bought this yesterday. Hands down the best Iphone magic app.... and the only one where it seems like you did it not the phone
I'm sold! This one sounds very promissing. Can't wait to get my hands on it :))

MJ
[quote]
On 2009-10-22 18:35, dinger136 wrote:
Sounds like this is a good app, but am I the only one who doesn't like the whole "app" magic that is going around.

I don't know why but I don't like magic which is based in a software application. I understand that it is just using modern tech to do magic, but I can't get passed the idea that people will just write it off as cool programming. I am a computer guy, so maybe I am over thinking it?
[/quote]

I am also a computer guy (Über Linux Geek :D ), but no one ever suspects the app, in fact, you could say it to their face and they wouldn't believe you (I did!).

The only other time I had something that clean was a Pro Marked Deck. I said, this deck is marked. This one guy just didn't believe it, until I showed him the most totally insane "THIS IS A MARKED DECK" screaming trick, and then he sat down with three cards, and ten minutes later, smiles at me "Got it" :D
Here are some more of my thoughts:

Giving three methods was a great idea. I am using and loving all three. Each method you use cancels the other out, so the spectators have no possible method in their heads.

I love how this is can be opened up and be used as a normal Doodle application. The problem I had with both iSensor and the P&T application is that when they open the application the and watch the device the method is apparent. In iForce it's not.

I do think there are some problems with this, though. Because of the nature of a Doodle application, there is a chance a spectator might play around with it, and open up the "secret." Obviously the method will show and they will learn it's not a normal Doodle application. I think a new way to access the "secret" should be made.

Also, since the name of this application on iTunes is iForce (Codename: Doodle) when a spectator searches "Doodle" in their device or iTunes this will come up. Then they will know it's a magic application and may buy it just to taunt you with the method. I've had more than one person find the application. If the name was just "iForce" this problem would be solved.
That happened to me too.

Both my grand-daughter and an adult have found it at Apple's store.

It's probably easier for a new Flash Screen and icon to be assigned. If these show another name, like "drawmaster" or "squizzle" or something OTHER THAN DOODLE, then the problem is solved.

For now, I'm getting around it by making sure the Flash Screen at the beginning has passed before proceeding. I've had my wizz-bang programmer assign a replacement icon called "squizzle" to solve the icon problem.

Ben
PS: Price it at $12.99 and put it in the Premier App Shop and all problems are solved! LOL
Jprace and Ben - I would hazard to guess that the reason people might be motivated to look for the app in the iTunes store is because too much focus is placed on the app itself.

What I mean is ... how many times has anyone wondered if the sharpie or pad you are using to perform a revelation is gimmicked. Ok, maybe once or twice for some of you but for the most part those items are normally not suspect.

If I may suggest - never say, "I have this app that ..." or "I'm going to use this app to ..." Instead, take out your device and start the app to use as you virtual pen and pad ... as an afterthough. Don't make a big deal about the app. Don't focus on it. Before the iPod Touch, I wouldn't say, "hey I got this neat pen and pad here that I can use to predict any number you are thinking of. Look it's blank and I can draw on it" This way it becomes just another tool that we in the 21st century now use (just like sending text messages from you phone instead of simply calling to talk) to write things down.

Will this work 100% of the time. No, but pretty close to it. I think it's a fine app. Very different in nature from the other app I use - Rising Card. With that app, the focus is on the app and people can find and buy that app just as easily.

By the way, this is the same reason that I use regular Bicycle cards when performing for laymen and my Split Spades, Ghost deck, etc ... when hanging with other magicians.
The difference here is that this is technology. People with an iPhone or iPod Touch know of its capabilities. When you introduce technology to magic, everything changes.

Of course I do not present it as a magic application... that would be pointless considering they would think it was just iPod magic. I present it as something to write down my thoughts. But still, I have had people think it is the application doing the magic.
I've had a tech-savvy person (who has a lot of apps on his Iphone) hit on both methods. Anyone find someone like I did? I did fool the wife and her friend though. Both were amazed that I read their mind. :)
Hi VcosNJ,

I have a recommendation for your tech-savvy friends. Get yourself a crazy cube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpYoCUwEM4

And then use method THREE to show the outcome of the die. This way the reveal (punch line, moment of magic, etc.) is when the spectator opens the canister to see which side of the die is up.

In general, method THREE is the most powerful method to use for tech-savvy spectators since they realize that THEY are the ones that are interfacing with the iPhone, NOT YOU.

Hi eddierush,
I completely agree with your statements:
"take out your device and start the app to use as you virtual pen and pad ... as an afterthough."

On the "Typical Performance" video of the iForce instructions, you've probably noticed how I introduce iForce. Here is my typical patter when I introduce "Doodle":

"Have you ever heard of 'subconscious forcing' . . . You haven't? It's some really freaky stuff . . . you can FORCE someone to think certain things based on HOW you ask them . . . Let me show you what I mean."

I bring out my iPhone and proceed.

"I use to carry pen & paper with me ALL the time . . . but ever since these things came out (hold up the iPhone), I don't have to."

"I use this free "Doodle" program to jot down quick notes . . . it's great . . . I don't have to type on the darn keyboard . . . it's fast, and when you quit, it remembers what you'd drawn on the screen." I do all these things as I'm talking about them.

"So let me show you how I can FORCE thoughts into your mind . . ."

Please notice how I talk about a strange psychological phenomenon BEFORE I ever introduce the iPhone. Notice how I call the iPhone "these THINGS". I try to use NON techy language as much as I can.

I hope these suggestions will help your future performances of iForce.
Greg Rostami
Greg - I like the crazy cube idea.

I use the iForce (iDoodle that is) in conjunction with a card effect.
Hello friends,

I just purchased Ben Harris' brilliant "Crossroads".

As Ben has stated in his previous posts, the combination of "Crossroads" and "iForce" is VERY powerful.

Here is the effect:

"I'm going to predict the card that you'll choose."

You write the card on the iPhone (iForce) . . .
Have your spectators name a card (Crossroads) . . .
When you flip over the iPhone their freely selected card is written on the iPhone (iForce) . . .

I can't think of CLEANER card prediction . . . THIS IS REALLY GOOD!!

I've already showed this to some people that I'm still amazing with iForce and it played VERY well.

Thank you Ben . . . You ROCK!!
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 26, 2009 06:07PM)
Greg,

Have you considered releasing just the "Doodle" drawing program as a free application? That would send some secret-seekers off the scent?
Hi Philemon,

As Randy and I attempt to hide the Doodle part of iForce from the secret-seekers here is what we've done for you so far.

Randy convinced Apple to change the icon for iForce when you do a search for Doodle. It's REALLY amazing that Apple has agreed to help us with this matter since changing the icon goes against their App distribution policies. This tells me that somebody at Apple really like iForce also . . .

The icon change means when someone looks for "Doodle" on the App store, they will not see a "Doodle" icon; they will see a iForce icon. When this happened even I had a tough time spotting our program on the search list (and I made the iForce graphic).

This is only our first step. We have some other exciting news for our magician friends coming up regarding hiding "Doodle" from your audience . . .

stay tunned,
Greg Rostami

P.S. As we continue to help the magic community hide the secrets of iForce, could you also please do us a favor?

Write comments on the App store, rate iForce, comment on the videos on YouTube, post about iForce on other magic forums. Help Randy and I with this product so that we can continue to develop amazing magic Apps for the iPhone. As I've stated in a previous post . . . iForce was idea number THREE . . . wait until you see idea number ONE & TWO . . .
Hi Greg,

It is a killer combination. (iForce/CrossRoads). I'm having so much fun with it.

Ben
The icon has not changed. I think this is a big issue.
It could take a while for the icon to make it to the iPhone version of the App Store. It looks like it has changed in iTunes on my computer already.

-Randy
Having seen a lot of terrible apps,my hopes of something useable ever appearing for the iphone weren't high. However this is brilliant - highly recommended.
I love having people examine my iPod right after. Also, a lot of my friends like to doodle, and this is the app they go to. So it would be cool if you can have a 'lock' feature, where the move to get to the secret is deactivated.

In the Settings section on your device it gives you options to change specific features on applications such as Facebook, P&T Chat, etc... Maybe iForce can be added to that list and have a secret activate/deactivate button. I think that would really help, and putting it on doesn't hurt anyone!
Hello friends,

As I've said in a previous post, Randy and I are VERY concerned about keeping iForce's secrets safe within the magic community.

Tonight, Randy and I submitted to Apple a program called "Doodle" under a new company name called "Recreation Software". That means that we had to pay Apple $100 to establish ourselves as another company with completely different Apps then Rostami Magic. We wanted to make sure that we where going to do EVERYTHING in our power to hide the iForce side of Doodle from the secret-seekers.

The icon and splash screen for Doodle look EXACTLY like your current "iForce/Doodle" program.

Doodle is nothing more then a simple doodling program . . . THAT'S IT.

We basically ripped out all of the iForce code, which leaves behind nothing more then a simple sketch program.

So . . . the next time you're performing iForce for someone, and they decide to look up "Doodle" on the App store, they WILL find a "Doodle" program that does exactly what it says . . . it let's you doodle on the screen.

It's going to take Apple about 2 weeks to approve this App. We're guessing less then a week since it's so simple.

We hope that this will satisfy your concerns about secret-seekers and show you that we're listening to your suggestions and concerns.

We want iForce to be your favorite magic App, and we'll do everything in our power to make sure that you're 100% happy.

All the best to you,
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 28, 2009 03:02AM)
Bwahahaha!

Was it something I said? :devilish:
[quote]
Was it something I said? :devilish:
[/quote]Randy had the idea of releasing just a Doodle App a day before your post.

GREAT minds think alike . . .

Greg
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 28, 2009 12:03PM)
No worries. I'm just glad that it got done. :-D
Greg:

This program is phenomenal. I saw your Café ad, checked the app out on iStore and saw Bob Kohler's testimonial. So I called Bob and he confirmed that the program is great.

As a coin guy, I love the 3 coin flipping preset. Even though there are only eight permutations, I tell people that the statistical chance of flipping heads or tails on one coin is always 50/50. But when you do it with three coins there are hundreds of combinations, which is a lie, there is only 8, but people go with it, and it makes that trip even more impossible.

I did have one guy that owns an iPhone think that it had something to do with the way I was picking the phone up, until of course, I did the trick exiting the app and having the phone stay face up :)

Diabolical program Greg.
Hi Dan,

So nice to see you again old friend.

Thank you so much. I REALLY like the 3 coin Preset as well. I usually start by asking them if they have 3 or more coins. If they say yes, then I say "let me try to predict the first coin you're going to bring out."

I then proceed with the 3 coin prediction EXACTLY like you described it. It's really interesting how people believe there are more then 8 possibilities. ;)

I'm gonna tip one more thing that I do with the 3 coin preset. I do this with 3 old style quarters (the ones with the eagle on the tail side).

I put my left hand face down on the table and ask them to put the coins, one at a time under my hand, while I look away.

Every time they slide the coin under my hand I reposition it while saying, "I'll put this all the way to the left, so we'll have room for the other coins."

Under the cover of my hand, I rub the top of the coin with my right index finger to FEEL if it's heads or tails.

After the last coin, I immediately flip the iPhone over, and very DRAMATICALLY raise my left hand off the table to show the coins.

take care buddy,
Greg Rostami
We also happen to have eight offices in one of our hallways...

Doing the "think of a person in the office" trick at work gets a good reaction.

The first thing I did after downloading it and learning it last night was put my name, my wife, and my four kids.

I asked my wife to think about one of us... I could read her mind every time :)
Hi Dan,

Using peoples names plays really strong with iForce . . . I do it any chance I get.

Greg Rostami
Hey there Greg, Randy or anyone who may know..What happens if I hit the 'never show again" on the preset screen? By the way when I do the secret move the secon time as instructed after selecting the 2nd preset, I'm not clear on what this screen is for. It's the one with the blue arrows facing to the left. Can someone help me, because it doesn't seem to do what the instructions say? Am I doing something wrong?
Really great app. I immediately bought it after hearing from it.
[quote]
On 2009-10-26 19:28, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Philemon,

As Randy and I attempt to hide the Doodle part of iForce from the secret-seekers here is what we've done for you so far.

Randy convinced Apple to change the icon for iForce when you do a search for Doodle. It's REALLY amazing that Apple has agreed to help us with this matter since changing the icon goes against their App distribution policies. This tells me that somebody at Apple really like iForce also . . .

The icon change means when someone looks for "Doodle" on the App store, they will not see a "Doodle" icon; they will see a iForce icon. When this happened even I had a tough time spotting our program on the search list (and I made the iForce graphic).

This is only our first step. We have some other exciting news for our magician friends coming up regarding hiding "Doodle" from your audience . . .

stay tunned,
Greg Rostami

P.S. As we continue to help the magic community hide the secrets of iForce, could you also please do us a favor?

Write comments on the App store, rate iForce, comment on the videos on YouTube, post about iForce on other magic forums. Help Randy and I with this product so that we can continue to develop amazing magic Apps for the iPhone. As I've stated in a previous post . . . iForce was idea number THREE . . . wait until you see idea number ONE & TWO . . .
[/quote]

Greg, sounds great thanks for taking the effort to better disguise this on the app store. It must be like a double-edged sword wanting to move units and at the same time having an effect that is so beloved by the magic community that we are encouraging you to do everything possible to keep this out of the ungrateful hands of the "secret seekers". So my concern is this, at the end of your demo videos on youtube the closing banner shows the following "Now available at the app store for only $2.99" search "iForce" on itunes...not to mention on the 2min 04sec teaser demo not the long one which is fine minus the closing banner, but the shorter one where it states: "iForce is a diabolical magic app for your iphone or ipod touch, cleverly disguised as a simple doodle program, beneath this innocent exterior is the most powerful technology in magic". So it begs the question what can you do to remedy this? It's one thing to have the "secret seekers" search high and low night and day until they hopefully give up their efforts to search for this technology that I and fellow magi truly cherish..but it's quite another thing to set it right in the palm of their hand via youtube. Don't get me wrong I too absolutely love iForce along with everyone else. I can't recall ever being this passionate about keeping a magic/mentalism secret a secret. It's truly a testimonial to you and Randy. Nothing but praise on all of the threads, which would even make it more of a nightmare beyond nightmares to see this exposed on youtube. It would be ashame to have this "diabolical" priciple fall into the hands of the "secret seekers" by virtue of a single left click. My fear is that if this happens we will see a tremendous tool dissoved into a fumbling short-lived effect that the misfits on youtube would bring it to, reducing it to nothing more than the calling out of heads or tales of a simple coin toss.

Thanks for listening...
Regards, Electric Eye
Again, this is an amazing app with endless possibilities. I am excited to hear Greg and Randy are already working on a improved version. I would love to contribute some ideas, but since I am new here, I am not sure how much can be said openly, without giving anything away.
During the presentation of the magic effect, wouldn't it be completely natural to move the iphone a little bit in your direction, or push it a little bit sideways before turning it over? Or lift it up then turn it over? Owners of iForce will know, why this could make a difference...
[quote]
On 2009-11-01 06:16, waso wrote:
During the presentation of the magic effect, wouldn't it be completely natural to move the iphone a little bit in your direction, or push it a little bit sideways before turning it over? Or lift it up then turn it over? Owners of iForce will know, why this could make a difference...
[/quote]Hi waso,

You're welcome to do all those things now. I'll PM you about the rest of your question.

Greg Rostami
Yes I can do that now, but it will not change the results (for instance turn up as 9 and 10).
Hello Jedi friends that use the iForce,

The first of the three missing videos went up last night.

Please make sure you scroll down the video list to see all 8 videos . . . The first video is the iForce Teaser video and the other 7 are instruction videos.

I'm going to finish the other 2 videos by tonight.

I'm very very sorry about the delay, but there's been so much going on in my life these days. By tonight everyone will have ALL the instruction videos.

take care,
Greg Rostami
Hokay - I'm a happy iPod Touch owner for about a year - haven't spent a dime for any music - or app. I rarely sync because of my particular laptop (I won't go into details). Mostly, I listen to ripped CDs and podcasts (like Magic Newswire, which I heartily recommend).

So, what made me spend a couple of hours reconfiguring my finicky laptop to properly sync with my iPod? And what made me spend more time upgrading my iPod's OS?

Well, all that time spent fiddling with my iPod Touch and my laptop allowed me to just make my first purchase ever of an iPod Touch App - iForce.

WOW!! Worth the effort, and then a lot more!I can't get over how excellent this is! Man, what an ingenious application. Kudo's to you, Greg, as I join the very large chorus of devotees!

Thanks again - kerpa.
This is the best iphone app yet! Most other magic apps seem to be 'showing what the phone can do' while the performer just gets credit for 'knowing how its done'... I hate to say it but kind of like a modern tenyo gimmick. With iForce the credit goes to the performer/spectator where it belongs.

Works great for zodiac signs. You just need to ask them if their birthday is more towards the beginning of the year or the end of the year, and have 2 presets. Ask them like this; "Your birthday isn't in the first half of the year, is it?" ("thought so/didnt think so")
Because of the 8 outs you can have an overlap of 2 signs on each half so if theirs any hesitation in their response to the question you can cut them off and say "don't even tell me." Either way it seems like you knew all along.

Great work Greg!

bSmith
Thank you so much b,

I really love all your work man. I know you're a fan of cell phone magic, so I'm glad that iForce has joined your army of entertainers.

take care,
Greg Rostami
The evolution of iForce continues . . .

YES . . . Apple just approved "Doodle!".
This is what you had all asked for, and tonight "Doodle!" is available for purchase from the iTunes App store for 99 cents:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle/id337850431?mt=8&uo=6

You'll probably notice that the software company that we created for "Doodle!" is called "Recreation Software" NOT "Rostami Magic". This was to further hide iForce from any secret-seekers.

The icon and the splash screen for "Doodle" is EXACTLY the same as "iForce". So if someone tries to bust your magic by downloading "Doodle" they will find nothing more then a simple doodling application. ;)

In less then 2 weeks Apple will also approve the latest version of iForce. We have a few surprises coming up in the new iForce. Of course the biggest change, we're going to drop the "(codename: Doodle)" from the title; so the program is simply going to be "iForce" and the icon will be the now familiar hand with lightning.

I would love to hear your thoughts and insight about this,
Greg Rostami
I see the new Doodle application in the app store. Once the iForce update is ready and the name changes, this will become very well hidden!

I do, however, believe that they should not have included the little part in the Doodle description about being for magicians and mentalists. I think they should've just left it saying it was to jot notes down. They also could've described the features of this doodle app (five colors, draw curves easily...) this would make it seem more like a description to convince people to buy this app.

Adding the section about magicians and mentalsts took some of the "normality" away from the app.
Hi, I just bought the app and it is sensational.

With respect, may I say that in some ways, I wish that iForce had been priced much higher. I believe a Stradivarius has been marketed and priced as a ukulele. In the right hands, a Stradivarius can make magic -- it is an instrument of potential awaiting the hands and mind of genius -- yet anyone can pick it up and make a noise on it.

I know that a lot of heart-searching went on in pricing this product and, from a business point of view, perhaps the exactly correct decision was taken. But I worry that, because this thing is so good, its life expectancy has been drastically reduced as a consequence. (I'm thinking Princess trick, Svengali deck and all other brilliant innovations both ancient and new that are now virtually useless because they are pretty much public domain.)

We've already seen the wise guys mentally dismantling the method on other forums. The two-bit punters only care about the mechanics. "It's got four strings? It's a ukulele! See? It goes Plunk!"

Ah well. Great work guys, truly great work. Let's hope it lasts for at least a little while.
Is it too late to jack the price up radically -- say to $20-25? Hell, I'd send you my missing $20 in a flash.
[quote]
On 2009-11-10 00:01, Greg Rostami wrote:
The evolution of iForce continues . . .

I would love to hear your thoughts and insight about this,
Greg Rostami
[/quote]

You're awesome Greg! I am so impressed with iForce, it is the COMPLETE package. Thank you so much for the detailed instructions, the flexible application, and the new Doodle app. This is by far the best iPhone magic app that has been released to date, hands down!

Thank you!
I just changed the Doodle app description (it may take a while for it to take effect).

I had only added the magic part in the description to help explain why a magician like yourself would have found and used such an app. This was to entice the seeker to be curious and purchase the app to find out for themselves that you really are magic. It sounds like you guys/gals would prefer not to mention magic at all.

So here is the new description...

Doodle is a simple sketching application that allows you to jot a quick note without all of the extra bells and whistles getting in your way.

Doodle is as simple of an app as you can find. It has only one screen. Jot your note, and it's there the next time you launch it.

* Uses smooth curves to render your drawing in all of its glory
* Allows you to choose from one of five colors
* Simple unlimited undo feature that even works across sessions
* Trash feature to clear your entire doodle

"Doodle! - Saving the world, one tree at a time"

P.S. - If applelover8520 is out there, could you please modify your 4 star review of iForce if you like this new description. :)

Thanks for the input,
-Randy
The Doodle! description has changed! I like this one a lot better. Thanks Randy and Greg!
Thanks Randy and Greg, your attention to detail is amazing.
I've been having loads of fun with this!

Greg or Randy, can you tip us on what is coming up in the update please?!
I love iForce, and I haven't even started playing with the springboard aspect of it, yet!

I've added it to [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/2009/06/iphone-and-ipod-amazement.html]my iPhone and iPod Amazement post[/url].
Thank you very much Scott,

I was just reading your reviews . . . that's a very complete breakdown of the magic products on the iPhone.

Greg Rostami
Thanks, Greg!

[b]Note:[/b] [url=http://cli.gs/iForceOnAppStore]iForce[/url] has just been updated on the iTunes store!
Greg and Randy -

I can't tell you (and others) how creative this app is. Most importantly, this is something I will use!!!! Needless to say, I am very impressed.

BTW - My download is version 1.1. :)

All my best and congratulations. - Scott
The new download looks great!

I'm just wondering how you "made accessing the secret iForce screens less likely to be stumbled upon."

Also, for some reason, everytime I update the app, and then return to the App Store, it says I need to reupdate iForce. I have a little red notification, but I am already using the newest version...
Hello friends,

As Scott has already stated, yesterday, Apple approved iForce version 1.1 . . . We've made almost all of the changes and additions to the program that you'd asked for. Here's a list of what's new in iForce v1.1 :

• Added Save/Load Doodle feature
• Removed (codename: Doodle) from application name
• Changed App Store icon to the iForce hand with lightning
• Added new tip popup to show new users how to find the instruction manual
• Instruction video lengths are now displayed
• Made accessing the secret iForce screens less likely to be stumbled upon
• Simultaneously added new "Doodle" application to the App Store for the secret seekers. "Doodle" is a replica of iForce, minus the magic. Encourage your audience to download and try "Doodle". All they will find is a simple painting app. :)

We realize that there is still an issue with iPhones/iPod Touches App stores displaying the Doodle icon for iForce. We're in contact with Apple to try to resolve this. If someone searched for Doodle on a PC or Mac the icons are different, but on an iDevice they are the same.

Randy and I would love to hear some of your thoughts on the new iForce.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Hey, Greg. I just updated my cpy of iForce yesterday, and played with it today. I won't notice all of the improvements that you mentioned, but it is still the same awesome, "impromptu" effect that I have loved these past few months!

Had a family get together tonight with 10 people, myself included. Told my brother, just name someone here, but not yourself or myself. He did after I made my prediction, flipped over my iphone, started the app and BOOM, there was my nephew's name, just as he had called it out! So, repeated it with another nephew in the room, this time having him point out who he chose so that everyone would know that it has nothing to do with voice recognition. Got his name bang on!

Lovin' iForce!
Very Cool boywonder,

It looks like you're bringing some "wonder" to your family.

thank you for sharing,
Greg Rostami
I just downloaded my updates from itunes and now either I have the plain "doodles" application or I simply don't know how to get itno my presets any longer .. if any one has any insight to solving my problem I would appreciate a PM .. also how I can see the instruction videos greg talks about .. I am leaving for mexico end of the week and what it up and running by then .. thanks
Just swipe 2 fingers downward on the screen, and everything should come up.

Once you're in the presets screen, touch the I in the lower right corner, and all the instruction options, including 1 for video, will come up.
I'm right now checking out its features and presets. iForce is just phenomenal! Genius work for sure.

I'm sure I'll have loads of fun with it.
I would like to get an iPod Touch 3G 8GB to run iForce on (iPhone has all that AT&T 2 year contract bunk that I'd rather not get into), and I am wondering, does it work on the 8GB? I know that it has a lot less features then the other versions (32/64 GB), so I just thought I'd ask.
It'll work on any old iphone or ipod touch. The program takes no space at all, but is some of the best magic around . . .
IForce is great. Downloaded it and really think Greg did a great job with this app.
I bought an iPod touch just to get this app ... and I was not disappointed.
Absolutely fantastic.

Anything Greg produces will find itself in my arsenal.

Wulfie
Hi nicelybdg and wulfiesmith,

Thank you very much for the compliments. I can't wait to show you guys what's coming next.

Greg Rostami
Well folks . . . Here's news that you've all been waiting for . . .

First, we submitted a new version of iForce to Apple that has the ability to lock out the secret screens with a pass code (using the colors as a combination). We think with this feature, it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE for someone to accidentally open the secret screens.

Second, as you've all requested, the price of iForce is going UP. How much is iForce going to be . . . well tonight's the last night you can buy iForce for $2.99. If you wanna know how much it's going to be, you're gonna have to visit the iForce page on the App Store (or just wait until tomorrow and I'll announce it).

Last but not least . . .

*** THE iForce VIDEO CONTEST IS ON. ***

This is something that we had talked about over a month ago, but we wanted to wait until you had enough of a chance to play with iForce before we started the contest.

1st place prize is $299.00
2nd place prize is an autographed copy of the STUCK! DVD & the upcoming COSMOS2 DVD
3rd place prize is an autographed copy of the STUCK! DVD

The deadline for the video submissions is midnight December 31st 2009 from your time zone (NO exceptions)

Here are the rules of the contest:
1. You must use iForce for the effect
2. You can mix iForce with other magic effects or props if you wish
3. We have the right to use your video to help promote iForce
4. You must post a public video on YouTube (with the ability to comment turned on)
5. The performance should be of an impromptu circumstance (if your video seems staged with stooges you’ll be disqualified)
6. You could do a video of yourself doing the effect just for the camera, but we will dock you points for not having a live audience.

Your video will be judged by both Randy and I. We’re going to try to get a few big names in magic to judge as well, but for now it’s just Randy and I. We’re in contact with a few names in magic that LOVE iForce . . . we hope that other celebrities will contact us about being judges.

Your video is going to be judged based on (in order of importance):
1. The Effect
2. The Performance
3. Creativity (cleverness)
4. Video quality (production quality)

If you want to participate in this contest, or if you have any questions, please email me at:
greg@rostamimagic.com

The winners will be announced on RostamiMagic.com as well as The Magic Café (this forum) on January 10th 2010.

Good luck to you all . . . Randy and I can’t wait to see your submissions.
Greg Rostami
This is $4.99 now on the Appsstore.
Hi yin_howe,

The price has now gone back to $2.99 . . .

Sorry guys, we tried to raise it to $4.99 but it REALLY killed our sales. So here we are back to $2.99

take care,
Greg Rostami
I was kinda hoping it would stay at $4.99.. ;)
[url=http://cli.gs/iForceOnAppStore]iForce 1.2[/url] is now available on the App Store!
Hello friends . . .

iForce has been submitted to the 2009 Best App Ever Awards for the category of "Most Creative Use of iPhone Hardware" at:

http://bestappever.com/c/cuap/331480970/nom

If you could give us a vote, Randy and I would really appreciate it.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
Here is something to laugh at! A few minutes ago I get in my car on the way to the local coffee shop to film my IForce routine to submit for the contest and as I am driving I mentally check off the things I need to be sure I remembered them and I suddenly realize...duh!...I obviously can't use my IPhone to tape the routine!!!

I guess I need to find a video camera. It's so crazy how much we depend on our phones nowadays!

Randy
Excellent thinking, very clear explanations. I've only just downloaded it and had a basic run through, but very good initial impressions
Finally! I got it working on my new iPod touch. Its like I thought only better. The method is exactly what I guessed, but the extra features are brilliant! This thing comes with video after video of tutorial, well put together instructional, a wonderfully easy to use interface, and it is SO customizable. :) I'm going to use this at a new years party tonight. :) "Think of a number between 1 and 10."
Discovering more and more about this app! I didn't even see the advanced optio or the second input method! This is the best money I've put into magic for a while!
I just used it at a party and used it to tell girls I knew what color underwear they were wearing=D they actually really enjoyed it and got a good laugh at it. I have so many ideas for this already.
LOVE it!
[quote]
On 2010-01-01 03:21, ArtofDeception wrote:
I just used it at a party and used it to tell girls I knew what color underwear they were wearing=D they actually really enjoyed it and got a good laugh at it. I have so many ideas for this already.
LOVE it!
[/quote]

OMG. xD

I just used the number from 1 to 4, and then followed up with 1 to 10 with the springboard method on my dad. He's seen me do a lot of card tricks, but this time he just looked kind of blankly and said that I was sure taking my mind reading to the next level. :)
Anyone else have cool routines they'd like to share?
Here's my idea:

It's vaguely based on my trick Scribbles of Destiny, which also uses a Doodle Application on an iPhone/iPod Touch. Scribbles of Destiny was published in the January 2010 issue of Genii Magazine.

Make all of the presets the same "prediction." However, in this presentation, they presets won't act as a prediction, but rather the outcome to a magical effect.

Open Doodle and get to your preset. I like to do this by pretending to write something secret on the device, but then quickly realizing that this can be done out in the open. Let's say my preset is a playing card, such as the Queen of Diamonds. I would force the card (or whatever the preset might be) on the spectator. Openly make random scribbles and marks on the device, in a manner similar to Richard Sanders' Identity.

Then, you are going to raise the device, and let it fall. On the third time, you openly bring the device parallel to the ground, which will secretly access the presets. Then, just like before, let the device fall. It will look as if the random marks and scribbles morphed into the selected card.

I refer to letting the device fall. Here, I am using a leather flip case and holding it on the top. This way, and can drop the half with the device in it, and keep a grasp on the top flap.

I know this sounds very confusing; however, I include a performance of this on my iForce contest submission. It's the first thing I perform in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooFXCjD7XM

Thanks,
Jeff
Am I right??? this only works with iphone and ipod touch???
[quote]
On 2010-01-04 20:27, dr z wrote:
Am I right??? this only works with iphone and ipod touch???
[/quote]

Yes, this can only be done with an iPhone or iPod Touch.
[quote]
On 2010-01-04 06:57, rockthemike wrote:
Anyone else have cool routines they'd like to share?
[/quote]

Sure no problem!

I've been pondering this one, and it just hit me, you can use it for a 100% hit rate 37 force; WITHOUT needing to say different digits.

Another idea for numbers is this: I'm going to write a number between 1 and 10 on this, and I want you to guess it when I am done. That way you don't have to ask a number you should already "know"
Magic Freak 2 --

For the 37 force without requiring different digits -- how would that work? There are TEN possibilities for two-digit odd numbers from 1 to 50, and ten is too many.

If you specify different digits, though, it reduces the possibilities to eight, which works fine.

Can you clarify your thinking on this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jerry
Message: Posted by: Peter David Harrison (Jan 12, 2010 06:29AM)
Top stuff Greg and everyone else involved.

[quote]
On 2010-01-11 14:32, jerdunn wrote:
Magic Freak 2 --

For the 37 force without requiring different digits -- how would that work? There are TEN possibilities for two-digit odd numbers from 1 to 50, and ten is too many.

If you specify different digits, though, it reduces the possibilities to eight, which works fine.

Can you clarify your thinking on this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jerry
[/quote]

Remember that there are different ways to perform iForce. One allows up to 8 choices, one up to 10. The instructions explain how to do it, but you can send a PM if you like.
Maybe it's just me, but I thought all three methods only allow for eight possibilities. I skimmed over the instructions and found nothing about 10.
There are only 8 possibilities . . . but more are coming!!

Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Jan 12, 2010 07:47PM)
[quote]
On 2010-01-01 03:21, ArtofDeception wrote:
LOVE it!
[/quote]

The next natural progression in this would be to use the arrow drawing where you can "control" the mind of your most favourite girl. I suppose you could tell them that it works because you're just so darned sensitive. Good luck with it!

jeff
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Jan 12, 2010 07:48PM)
That sounds interesting! This is clearly the best app going.

jeff
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James
At 0.99$, it's a steal!
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Jan 24, 2010 01:58PM)
12 (or even 16) options would open up a whole new world of possibilities!
[quote]
On 2010-01-23 20:21, James Crosbie wrote:
Just got the app today - maybe a little behind the rest?!... Still, a great app Greg! Have already started practicing it today, and thinking up lots of cheeky ideas.
Any idea when we'll have a working version with more than 8 possibilities? (yes, I'm admittedly an impatient person)..

Cheers,
James
[/quote]

You can double it, just have them make two choice. E.g. Odd or even.. and you predict it right both times.

16 would be nice though, with the fake springboard only!
Add my name to the list of the great impressed! What a steal! I'm using mine in conjunction with an eight out Koran style deck. The beauty there is that there only needs to be three of each force card interspersed with 'x' cards and four 'starters.' All the time I've performed it - I've spread the deck FACE UP and merely asked the spec to 'separate' the deck at any point. You know the rest. Thank you Greg!
I haven't been on the Café for quite awhile; but had to put my two cents in...
This app is great! I carry my I-Pod Touch with me every day so this works perfect for me.
The app itself was very well thought out and with a little performance added to it; the perfect trick for the digital age!!

PS: I just downloaded rising card; I really like it too(because I'm a card lover) but IForce is way more versatile!
I know it has been said, but I will say it again. iForce is amazing. There are so many great ways to perform effects with this app. What I love about it is that the phone is not doing the magic, it's just a means of writing a prediction. The magician/mentalist is the one doing the mind reading. I also love how you can customize different presets. Greg this is a fantastic app. Well done, Sir.

Sean M.

P.S. I also can't wait for more than 8 outs. It will expand the possibilities.
This app is great!
Message: Posted by: Mauricio Jaramillo (Feb 27, 2010 03:27PM)
Just got this app today and wanted to say that it's absolutely wonderful. Having a lot of fun with it.
So with the arrow prediction I guess you can't use method one or three because the process involved could look suspicious. Am I wrong? If you get what I'm saying can someone pm me?
I agree that Greg gave you 3 options so that you could use the one that works best. For the arrow "prediction", method 2 is the best one for sure. For some tricks, you can repeat the effect using a different method to prevent people from backtracking. The possibilities are endless!!!
[quote]
On 2009-10-26 19:28, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Philemon,

stay tunned,
Greg Rostami

[/quote]

I think everyone needs to go rate Doodle! iForce needs to raise the price, then we can rate that. Win Win for everyone.
A good friend just taught me his routine with iForce, it includes predicting something different three times in a row. Amazingly, the effect just get's stronger each time. I'll ask him if I can post it.
Hi Chad,
My interest is peaked . . . I would love to hear about this routine.

Greg Rostami
Any interest in bringing iForce to the iPad?
I'mm not sure I would use it on the iPad. A little large and clunky compared with my iTouch.
Perhaps an iPad version would be good for larger audiences.
Doesn't the iPad run iTouch/iPhone applications in both the native (smaller) size and in full screen?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/app-store/

At least that's what the advertising hype says.
Ok Im new to the iPhone. I just got it last week. I had to wait for my previous 3 year contract with a different service provider to end, before I could switch over and get the iPhone. So Im a little behind the times, and Im sure my review is meaningless as everyone here reading this probably has it but here it is anyway:

iForce was one of the many magic apps I immediately downloaded...and WOW! This is just awesome! Greg also gave very enjoyable video instructions, and taught it very well! He seems very personable, and like a really great guy! I don't know him personally, but I was so impressed with him and this awesome app.

Ideas are over FLOWING my brain since downloading it. I have only used it on a few select freinds so far and using only the preset effects, but blew everyone away.

This is almost like a magic UTILITY, and as Greg states, its NOT a one trick pony.

My only question is, Any tips on memorization positions on things like the Coin toss prediction?

Anyway, I have downloaded a couple of dozen magic apps so far and realize that my experience with magic apps so far is somewhat limited, but If I was asked to give a quote for this right now, this is what I would say "BEST MAGIC APP I HAVE SEEN, HANDS DOWN, PERIOD!

Congrats Greg, and Co. This is awesome, aside from a thumb tip, best $3 I spent on a magic trick in YEARS!

If you own an iPhone, go get it, NOW!

PS the doodle app itself is cool! My 4 year old son loves just playing with that...lol!

P.
Hello friends,

Thank you for your interest in the iPad version of iForce.

There WILL be an iPad version of iForce. This is going to be a universal binary, which means ONE version of iForce will run on iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads. We don't think anyone is going to be flipping over their iPads on a table very easily, but the other secret methods of input will work fine.

All of the screens and graphics for the iPad version will be updated to accommodate the higher resolution screen.

As I type this, I'm working on a few screens . . .
Greg Rostami
Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your kind quote. I hope iForce brings you many magical moments.

I love knowing that any time I'm out, I can do something amazing since I ALWAYS have my iPhone with me. iForce is my favorite on-the-spot magic utility.

As far as your question about memorization . . . the 3 coin preset uses a simple binary system that's explained in the written manual.

I usually don't memorize ANY preset. Here's what I do:

When I'm looking at the back of the iPhone, I start from the top and go around clockwise. If my prediction is going to be items on a table, I arrange the items in front of me from left to right. For example if there are 4 items (salt, pepper, spoon, fork) I arrange them in that order on the table. The left most item is number one (salt) and the last item is number four (fork). This way, when someone points at an object, to me it's just a number, NOT the item.

I do the same thing when I perform predicting the name of a friend at a dinner table. If I've already put the names of my friends in a preset, I simply reorganize the names so they correspond to the position that they are sitting at the table. I do this while I pretend that I'm answering a text message.

I hope this helps Peter,

take care,
Greg Rostami
Thanks for the fast reply Greg!

Ahhh the written instructions... Sorry my fault, I guess I just figured that all the info was in the video instructions aswell. I thought you had a choice to watch the instructions or read them, so I only watched the video. That explains why you never really talk about the other pre-set options in the video. I'll be sure take a look at the written instrucitons on the app. My fault, but thanks for clearing that up, I'll let you know if I have any questions after viewing the written instructions also.

Thanks for the other tips and tricks, Im loving this thing, and Ive been telling all my other magician friends to go get it that have an iPhone!

P.
Greg,
I have a question. when doing the swipe for setup...why is the fe not at that screen? I have to go back in to "setup" two times to use swipe.

Also, I have heard"voice activated" and such.(how funny) I mostly use 8 options and use swipe, as pickup gets weird...thoughts or advice?
RE: the FE...I know I can use the other swipe, but have trouble getting that to work.
Recommendations?
Hi magicmind,

Just make sure your 3 fingers are spread apart when you do the 3 finger swipe. This way, you'll never fail.

Here are a few tips for those of you who are having troubles hitting the flip method 100% of the time.

Place the iPhone on the table at a 45 degree angle. This makes it easier for you to pick it up when the time comes.

Remember that iForce decides what to display in the first 25-30 degrees.

If you're doing a slow flip, you can exagerate the slow in the first 45 degrees of flipping . . . after 45 degrees iForce has already decided, hence you can go ANY speed you want.

When we first started, I sometimes would have problems with the fast flip. Here's the solution for the fast flip . . . pull UP on the edge of the iPhone fast, this forces iForce to see a "Fast" flip. Then slow down your turn so that you don't damage your iphone on a hard surface.

And finally here's a BIG tip. If you have only one drawing in one of the direction presets, iForce doesn't care if you flip fast or slow . . . it's going to show you only that drawing. If you perform the "1 to 4 (easy)" Preset, you'll notice that no matter how fast or how slow you flip over the iPhone you're going to get exactly what you wanted.

I hope this makes some of you that might be a bit squeamish about Flip, more confident.

Greg Rostami
Absolutely Amazing App! I have been working on it for a few days now and its so much fun. I have made a preset for each color available and have them pick the color to use. I have also applied it to Mem Deck Work and works great. I haven't had a problem yet but does anyone get nervous when you get the spec flip to the next screen but they can press anywhere on the screen and it will go to the doodle app?

Thanks Again
Brad
I downloaded it yesterday and I would say this is the only apps that doesn't look like a magic apps. I love it so much!!! Nice work
Downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it ever since. So many different ideas to experiment with. At the moment I'm working on combining it with Ben Harris' Crossroads; anyone else had this idea?
Just downloaded it and I can't wait to start usin it. This fantastic! Thank you Greg!
Will all these great apps work with the I phone 4 regards Gary
I just used another routine on iForce!

I'm experimenting with a cooking-based routine. I was making fruit-bread and asked someone if they wanted to put some dried raisins, currants or peel in the bread. I got them to select one and throw it in the breadmaker. I then showed them that I had predicted their choice even before we started.

Because they were suspicious that it wasn't magic (IE: I knew their taste in food so it was a percieved no-brainer), so I had them pick one more ingredient, and revealed that I could predict that too ! A good reason to leave repeat on... :)
So I've got the bit at the top that says:
'Place two fingers on the painting and swipe down to view the hidden performance presets.'

But when I do it I just get a line (from ONE of my fingers) that draws from top to bottom.
What are we collectively going to do about this for one of our own? Lets not leave him secluded!!!
Hello? Helloooooo? Any ideas??? Hellooooooo?
Help. We're like brothers an' that.
I take it this post is now closed yeah?
To state the obvious it must be either a phone or iforce issue.Was it working before? Maybe you could delete the app then re download from your itunes.Has your phone been jailbroken? sometimes that causes issues..

Luke
Thanks luke
I understand there is an IPAD version coming out soon but will this version run on the IPAD and if so will there be any problems. Also if it is purchased now for the IPAD when the IPAD version comes out will you have to purchase it again?

Thanks,

Tony
Rumor used to say there was an Android version coming out. I take it that the rumor was false?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
Hi Grandpa Chet,

iForce for Android is AVAILABLE NOW!!
http://bit.ly/h5nSGs

Greg Rostami
I just installed this and it seems to me to be a very close replica of the iPhone app.
I love this thing.
Thank you, Greg.
May you have a boatload of success.
Parson
Thank you very much Parson,

You have 3 new features that we on the iPhone do not have.

1. Different brush sizes
2. More colors
3. Sound feedback on the flip method (for training only)

I hope you have a lot of fun performing iForce.
Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

I would love to talk to some of my current customers or others that just might be interested in iPredict or iForce.

You can talk to me on Skype. My Skype name is:
gregrostami

(One word all lowercase)

I'm looking forward to talking to you,
Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 14:43, Phil J. wrote:
Downloaded this a few days ago and have been playing with it ever since. So many different ideas to experiment with. At the moment I'm working on combining it with Ben Harris' Crossroads; anyone else had this idea?
[/quote]
I've actually thought about it.

It would work amazingly well with Silent Running/Run Silent Run Deep.

In performance I milk the Arrow trick for all it's worth.

I bet money on it, Have them think of a spot and then change their mind. Talk to them about influence....Such a great app!
Just tried to find it again in the Android Market with no luck. Anyone know if it is gone from Android for good?
JR I downloaded it today on the android market.

Love it but just read about the HTC bug after I downloaded it. Let us know when that's fixed as I am coming down with ideas for it.
Just read Greg's post for 3rd December about the Android App having 3 more features than the iPhone App - Come on Greg how about rewarding your 000's of iPhone fans with an upgrade to add these features into the iPhone APP as well!
Is there an app coming for the I Pad?
IForce is the only magic app that I've bothered with. Nothing else comes close (unless you know different...)
IForce is my favorite magic app too!

Although I would love a version where instead of Doodle predictions I could use photo(s) as the prediction.
We talk a lot about customer service here on the Café, as you may know, I have been wondering if this app will work on the I pad, admit idly , I have not read the entire thread, but I have tried to post here and had no luck with a reply, so I tried to email Greg, but his emails(3) all bounced back to me, so I sent him a pm, I see he read it, but apparently decided not to reply, I guess he does not want me to buy his products, so I have decided , that is just what I shall do, not ever buy his product and make sure all are aware of his non contact, I am sure there will be many who will post how amazing he is, and for them, I'm sure he is, but if you truly want something amazing , check out Andy Nymans app, mindreader, it can be used on the I pad and I phone as well, so simple to do, and mind-blowing to boot.
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 19:52, dave wrote:
We talk a lot about customer service here on the Café, as you may know, I have been wondering if this app will work on the I pad, admit idly , I have not read the entire thread, but I have tried to post here and had no luck with a reply, so I tried to email Greg, but his emails(3) all bounced back to me, so I sent him a pm, I see he read it, but apparently decided not to reply, I guess he does not want me to buy his products, so I have decided , that is just what I shall do, not ever buy his product and make sure all are aware of his non contact, I am sure there will be many who will post how amazing he is, and for them, I'm sure he is, but if you truly want something amazing , check out Andy Nymans app, mindreader, it can be used on the I pad and I phone as well, so simple to do, and mind-blowing to boot.
[/quote]

I too had a very difficult time getting in touch with him. I bought IForce for my Android. It wouldn't work properly so I asked him what to do. His response was that it doesn't work on the Android 2.1 system, but they're working on it. Well that's just ducky Greg, so I wasted the money? Not a lot mind you, but still....
If you go to the App Store, you'll see iForce listed as "compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad." It's listed in the iPhone section, though, so that means it's not optimized for iPad. In other words, you can see it in standard resolution where it takes up part of the screen or 2X mode where it takes up more. This is no different than any other app.

As for the Android OS comment, I agree that that must be frustrating.

As someone who in my job is bombarded with queries and pitches, I have some sympathy for Greg -- especiallly when what's being asked can be answered with publicly available information on the App store page itself. As for Greg's products in general, iForce is cool but iPredict totally rocks, and anyone who is trying to make a statement about customer service by not buying it is missing out.
At this point I would rather miss out, it's not the money, it's the principal. A simple yes or no reply would suffice. And as for the app store listing that it's compatible , but as you stated it's listed under the phone section, not the I pad section, made it more confusing, everyone I know with an I pad was also uncertain . And finally , if you are to busy or simply don't care, then don't go in to business, he could have partnered up with Murphys or someone like them who knows about customer service.
Hi dave,

I just responded to your PM. I'm sorry I havent' responded earlier. I just had a baby girl, so appart from my day job, our newborn is keeping us awake at night.

To answer your question . . . iForce and iPredict are currently iPhone and iPod Touch apps. As bugjack stated, you can run these apps on the iPad . . . but they are NOT made for the iPad.

Neither one of these apps were designed for the iPad. My intention was to create a trick that you carry in your pocket. The method(s) of iForce also didn't mesh with the iPad . . . for those of you who own iForce you'll know what I mean.

To answer the questions about iForce on Android. The Android OS is open source. What that means is manufacturers can change the OS any way they want.

HTC decided to brake several functions of the OS. Hence, we can have a command that works perfectly on NON HTC devices (Motorola, Samsung,etc.), but crashes HTC.
This is a known problem that many developers have with HTC devices. We're working on a solution, but we hope that HTC will fix these OS bugs.

take care,
Greg Rostami
Greg, congats on the baby, and I am sorry if I was a bit harsh, I guess I just woke up in a bad mood, thanks for the reply. Dave
I just purchased this today as well as Mental Killer...I think they both have their benefits in the mentalist effect realm. Cant wait to start using them regularly...
I'm some disappointed with Iforce as there is no update in over two years..... still a poor 480x320 resolution and no compatibility with the Ipad....

In comparision Mental Killer get improved every 3 months...
Just gor the app for my droid, "LOVE IT" had it on Ipod but since t-mobile is stupid and doesn't have iphone I had to wait till now.
Cant wait for the droid to get mental killer.
Does anyone know anything about Esmerilda? Supposed to be similar to mental killer
I hate that this doesn't work on my ZTE blade. It seems like an awesome app!
Please Greg IForce Pro...... before the end of the world.
So apparently, I have been under a rock for the past four years. I just got this app and I must say, it is simply AMAZING and MIND BLOWING. It took me a while to get the hang of it down, but once I did, I really started digging it even more. I can't wait to see what other possibilities I can come up with using this fantastic app. Greg, you guys outdid yourselves with this. I am having a blast with this. Cheers, my friend!
I am using this on a Galaxy Ace 2 (Android) its a great app.

But I am unable to change the line thickness on Presets.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Not to be a necromancer here, but I just purchased this app - my first foray into app magic and I am thrilled at the versatility, ingenuity and simplicity of this devious little app. Ideas are just swimming. A truly great app! Loving it. Many thanks Greg!!!!
I juts got this, looks like it has huge potential.

But I am having a problem with the 8 number routine. How freaking fast do you have to flip your phone? I am almost spinning the phone in the air, but only getting 1-4. I'm worried I will break my phone trying to do 1-8...

Regards Joe
I juts got this, looks like it has huge potential.

But I am having a problem with the 8 number routine. How freaking fast do you have to flip your phone? I am almost spinning the phone in the air, but only getting 1-4. I'm worried I will break my phone trying to do 1-8...

Regards Joe
Joe,

For the forces 5-8, you turn the phone over more slowly, not more rapidly, than for 1-4. Tilt it up a bit, then turn it over at a leisurely pace, and you should be fine.

Cheers,
Jerry
Hi thanks Jerdunn and the guys who PM'd me.

I was thinking 1-8 was the same as 1-4, but the higher numbers being faster. In fact it is inverted.

This is a great app and I am already working on custom ideas and routines. Great feature allowing people to customise!

Regards Joe Piper