(Close Window)
Topic: Question re www.instand.com tables
I like the look of these and am considering buying one.

I see the table tops have a 'lip' around the edge.( they call it a tray)
If one puts a customized sized close up mat on the table top, would this negate the lip? ie c/would things roll of the table? Or is the lip high enough?

thanks
That would depend on the mat, wouldnt it? Thought its not hard to customize the tabletop. Admitted, I didn't do muh checking as the site is very unprofessional and rather slow to navigate.

Check also Viking Magic, their base might be an option:

http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=307

I use their heavy-duty bases and been very happy. Of course you need to make or buy the tabletop, but then again you get one to match your needs. I bought several flanges for them so I have many different tops, which is great.
[quote]
On 2009-10-29 05:01, iugefu wrote:
I like the look of these and am considering buying one.

I see the table tops have a 'lip' around the edge.( they call it a tray)
If one puts a customized sized close up mat on the table top, would this negate the lip? ie c/would things roll of the table? Or is the lip high enough?

thanks
[/quote]

I use a close-up pad on my Instand tables all the time. The lip is very small and once the pad goes it it won't prevent things from rolling off.

Doug
Are you using the heavey duty table or the regular table? Do you feel they are sturdy?

Thanks!
Dan.
Thanks Doug, that answers my question.

I intend getting 2 ( regular-Ive heard they are sturdy Dan) with different table top sizes:

11 by 13 (with swing out mouse pad for laptop use!)
12 by 18

Do you know if these size close up mats(exactly)are available and where to get them?

thanks again
Great to hear ... thank you.

Dan.
Interesting tidbit about the Instand tables. I emailed them to find out how much weight they are designed to hold, as I thought this might indicate how sturdy they are. Here is their response to me:

"The CR3 can hold about 10-12 lbs, the CR5 up to about 30 lbs."

Wes Holly
Those are awfully expensive, considering what you are getting. Do you really think these look good? If I were going to spend more than $200 for a custom table, I would consider other options.

If you know someone who has one of these, go to a show where he is using it and take a look at the way the stage looks.

If you are planning to use these for table hopping in a restaurant, remember how large the spread of the feet of these are. You and the waitstaff will be bumping into the legs.