(Close Window)
Topic: Tenyo 2010 with demo-videos!
Now you can see the demo-video of all five new Tenyo's tricks 2010:
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/info/fm_01.html

[b]The Shrinking Pen[/b] and [b]The Floating Card[/b] are looking great.
I think ... I will buy them.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 1, 2009 01:06PM)
Wow... this is great! I like the floating card video. I really like the patter!
Thank you for the link to the new 2010 Tenyo items.
Yay 2010 Tenyo!! Im a huge collector. The floating card looks pretty good have to get that first, but the only thing I didn't understand was the one ith the green ball and tissue paper. The tissue turns into what?? What is that? A sponge?
It's a japanese food.
Here is another video of the Tenyo floating card where you can actually see right under the floating card. Glad you like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkhDqEIiXQ
The floating card looks great. I'm definitely purchasing that one. Angelo's stuff is consistently good.

The others don't really look that great and have more of a toy look than ever. The wierd pea/sushi thing makes no sense. The pen is cute but just cute. The lion thing looks like something a 5 year old bought in a toy machine. Finally, the miser's dream routine is the same as an old trick from the early 90's using a gaffed dollar bill and quarter. I can't recall the name of it, but it was the same gaff, I'm almost sure.
Love the floating card! How much is this one? How does it compare with enlightenment? :)
Looks better than Enlightenment. Better wait for reviews though.
[quote]
On 2009-11-01 20:44, tdowell wrote:
The floating card looks great. I'm definitely purchasing that one. Angelo's stuff is consistently good.

The others don't really look that great and have more of a toy look than ever. The wierd pea/sushi thing makes no sense. The pen is cute but just cute. The lion thing looks like something a 5 year old bought in a toy machine. Finally, the miser's dream routine is the same as an old trick from the early 90's using a gaffed dollar bill and quarter. I can't recall the name of it, but it was the same gaff, I'm almost sure.
[/quote]

That should be a kind of 'Dim Sum' thing. It is a Chinese food 'Dim Sum' called 'Siu Mai' if you go to Chinese restaurant. The outter layer is surronded by a very flat flour skin while inside is pork meat. That particular pea on top is 'Siu Mai' in Japanese style.

For your information 'Siu Mai' in many other places the outer skin is yellow in color.

Of course the floating card is a alternative choice to the Enlightment released earlier this year... attractive. I should get mine at the end of this month while my family members headed to Tokyo for a holiday trip.
The LION truck is pretty fun prop.
Can you use other things inside the truck?
Angelo's Floating Card is beautiful.

It's way more "practical" than Enlightenment.

Ben Harris
Thanks Ben. That means a lot coming from you. It was your Enlightenment that inspired me to come up with a floating card. I have always loved levitation effects as I am sure you have too!

Best wishes,

Angelo
Looks like the floating card might be on the list. Ben, I use your enlightenment and I really like it. I'm a fan of these kind of effects.

Is there a price yet?

Mike :)
Angelo's Floating Card is beautiful. Nice effect.

The effect looks very similar to [url=http://www.magical-tricks.com/CardfloatIllusion.wmv][b]Card Float Gimmick (Demo Video)[/b][/url]. (Right Click & Save Target As . .).

:xmas:
Thanks Ustaad. Just for your reference, my method is different to the one used in the video. My card floats straight up and not in an arc as in the video you posted.

Not sure on price yet Mike but I guess most Tenyo tricks fall into the $20 - #30 range.

Angelo.
Angelo, looked great, this should be a big seller.

P.
Angelo's floating card is one of the best and most practical of recent years. It looks beautiful and incredibly magical. Angelo is one of magic's best modern day thinkers. Each an every thing he creat's is litteral gold.

Jamie Daws
Here are direct links to the 5 tricks...Floating Card looks incredible!

China Surprise: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11830.html
Floating Card: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11827.html
Illusion Truck: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11829.html
Millionaire Dream: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11826.html
Shrinking Pen: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11828.html

And from another Café post, another handling of Illusion Truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMnXjU4bjg4
The floating card looks beautiful..i hope it isn't done with loops or invisible string..i just cant make that stuff work...but it looks awesome
I also like the looks of the floating card. When this becomes available I know this is one I will get. Thanks Angelo for a very nice looking effect.
Floating Card looks fantastic!
I will definitely purchase that one.

Nice job Angelo!!!
20-30 is a steal. Excellent job!

Mike :)
Wow. Except for Angelo's effect which looks like real magic, the rest of the offerings this year look really wimpy. I absolutely hate tricks that need to be covered like the shrinking pen. Aren't we passed that by now? And the lion truck. Really? I guess you can pass that off as a magical toy that you found in your kid's toy box, but other than that...and the weird food trick. Okay. First let's educate our audience on the nuances of international food, then, let's bring on the fake food. I hate being so negative, especially since I've been collecting Tenyo for close to fifteen years now. But these are weak.

Thank you Angelo, for keeping the magic alive. At least there's some hope for Tenyo.
I bought the same trick as China Suprise long tme already from one of japanese dealer.
Hello Indomagic,

Both Tenyo and I know the trick you are referring too and my version is different. :)

@ Booswain: No threads to lift the card up so you can relax.

Thanks all for the comments. I am very proud of it and am just as excited myself :)

Angelo
Thanks angelo...this trick looks amazing..i will have to pick it up
Does anyone have a release date for rising card?
I have been told by Tenyo that new Tenyo range should be released early December, so not long now Samdan.
Thanks Angelo. What is the difficulty level?
Very easy. No forcing. No palming. No sleight of hand.
[quote]
On 2009-11-02 20:43, Wizard of Oz wrote:
[b]* Except for Angelo's effect which looks like real magic, the rest of the offerings this year look really wimpy.[/b]

* I hate being so negative, especially since I've been collecting Tenyo for close to fifteen years now. But these are weak.

* Thank you Angelo, for keeping the magic alive. At least there's some hope for Tenyo.
[/quote]

I agree with Wizard of Oz.

I too feel that in the 2010's Tenyo range, [b]Angelo's Floating Card[/b] is the only effect worth considering.

:xmas:
Angelo,

What is the different with mine ? Becuase the effect and prop looks the same...
Indomagic, not sure, but I think angelo is talking about the floating card. Unless h also did the food one.
As for the floating card, its the only on that looks like it could be used as regular magic, not just tenyo magic.
Indomagic, not sure, but I think angelo is talking about the floating card. Unless h also did the food one.
As for the floating card, its the only on that looks like it could be used as regular magic, not just tenyo magic.
Hello indomagic!

Sorry can you tell me more about your effect or post a video? I am not sure what you are referring to.

Thank you!
Hi Angelo

I am referring to China Suprise which change a napkin to dimsum ( somai). Are you talking about the same issue here ?
Oh, by the way, floating card look amazing, and looks like what I've been looking for in a floating card. I had some ideas on how to do it, so it would be exactly what I wanted, but if it's done for me, even better, lol.

I did not know that Tenyo brought in products from others like that. Again, very nice to see a Tenyo release that will be real world usable, and not just a novelty. Not that I don't LOVE their "novelty" type releases, I just almost never have a use for them. I think only one or two have I ever been able to work out an application for that I would use, but they still required a rebuilding. Still I LOVE them.
Here is the English packaging for the floating card effect:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=9919&cat=0&page=1
Angelo, Your item looks the best of the new lot....BY FAR!

Also, I have always wondered why new Tenyo items every year are usually available in the USA at the very end of the year.

Wouldn,t their sales here be much larger if available and in stores by November 1 each year for much bigger holiday sales?
Am I the only one not convinced by the floating card illusion? There's too much movement of the little finger, the way the card moves (wobbles at the front, still at the back) gives away the anchor point and finally the card removed to demonstrate there's no support is only waved around at the front of the card reinforcing how the trick works.

I think all the 2010 Tenyo releases are weak, especially the sushi joke!
Hi Andi,

Alas there is no such thing as real magic and there has to be gimmickery somewhere. This is the best method I could achieve in order to make a card rise and descend vertically and have a card removed underneath.

The trick you see on my youtube channel is using a prototype and not the final gimmick. Wobble can be eliminated with more practice.

Angelo
It is available anywhere in the us yet...meaning the floating card
I have the japanese version of the floating card - its amazing!
As a mere magic fan I can't find anything wrong with Floating Card. I'm not a good judge as to whether its a trick for professionals but it's pretty darn clever. I don't even think it needs the card underneath to be effective.

When you think about it... the deck is removed from the box in front of the spectator, the card is freely selected, the spectator can handle the card before and after and even place it on top of the deck and if you're good (I'm not) the gimmick can be palmed off. So even if someone is suspicious of the movement of the card or believes there's a prop of some kind they'll never find it.

I'm not saying any of this to "float" Angelo's boat (or his card). It's far and away one of the best Tenyo ideas in 5 years, maybe the best (okay, so I love President's Cabinet a lot) ;)
[quote]
On 2009-11-01 14:00, gitty wrote:
Now you can see the demo-video of all five new Tenyo's tricks 2010:
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/info/fm_01.html

THE SHRINKING PEN and THE FLOATING CARD are looking great.
I think ... I will buy them.
[/quote]

Be interested in your feedback about shrinking pen. It seems obvious to me just looking at the full sized pen (also the video performance) but maybe I'm wrong.
The floating card is now in the Hotlist:

http://hocus-pocus.com/
[quote]
On 2009-11-03 17:27, samdan wrote:
...What is the difficulty level?
[/quote]

I'm a complete novice (more of a collector than anything) and it didn't take me long to get the hang of this. 10 being the highest difficulty I rate this a 3 only because you may need to work on hand movement. I've found some supposedly "self working" Tenyo tricks harder to do or set up than this one.
TIP: complete Tenyo line 2010:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/hot1.html