(Close Window)
Topic: Halloween costume -Nurse Swine Flu
This is my 2nd balloon outfit that I've created. NURSE SWINE FLU! We got a lot of attention and photos at the venue but we were snubbed in the costume contest. Now I find out from someone in the know that the contest was more than likely "fixed." We weren't even invited on stage to compete for most original with Lil Red Riding Hood, Chewbacca, and 2 more store-bought costumes. There were 3 legit ones that could have given us a run for the money. Ah well, it's over now, we have great pics, and we had a blast all around. And I'm not TOO bitter. I tried to upload pics here but couldn't get it to work, so here's the link to balloonhq.com
http://www.balloonhq.com/photos/db/complete.php?id=75325&pics=121&page=0&pos=4&catmapid=0
FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Great great great.

I've definitely learned that I will need to use some discretion in selecting my venues next year. I guess it's all relative though. Where I would have rather just been judged by a panel, you probably would have benefited from popular vote. At the end of the day, they just want to sell beer and the contests are often an afterthought.
Thanks Jeff! Your award-winning 8-foot monster was awesome too! A great portfolio is worth lots more than a costume contest. The swamp thing on the website was killer too!
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Nov 3, 2009 08:55AM)
Miss Piggy on Steriods!!! Great job.
Thanks Mark! That means a lot! I have gotten LOTS of mileage with your Chinese Dragon Hat from B2TB!
Funny stuff
Thanks Bernie!
Link update for anyone that still wants to see the dress:

http://www.jayward.balloonhq.com/complete.php?portid=3874&page=1&id=75327&category=0&idl=2
[quote]
On 2009-11-11 22:27, Jay Ward wrote:
Link update for anyone that still wants to see the dress:

http://www.jayward.balloonhq.com/complete.php?portid=3874&page=1&id=75327&category=0&idl=2
[/quote]

Great for line work.

;)
Crumbs, Jay, that's impressive. How long did it take to make it and how on earth did you get into it! Or did you build it around yourself?

Regards,

Dave
First, Crumbs just made me laugh. I'm going to start using that one. Second, that's not me but Becka in the costume. It's pretty hard to tell that since you can't really see her. I started late Friday afternoon around 5 or 6 and worked somewhat on it until 5 that morning. Then from 11am-7pm on Saturday Halloween. Becka actually helped tremendously. She wove most of the bottom of the dress. We wove around her fitting it, we'd take it off, weave a few more rows, try it on again. Ultimately the dress itself it 2 pieces, top and bottom. She put her arms in the top, feet in the bottom. We pulled them on and then I twisted the two pieces together. So once she was in, she was in. She spent about 5 hours in the dress, no sitting and no bathroom breaks.
Well, Jay, all I can say is CRUMBS, and big kudos (and my apologies) to Becka.

Regards,

Dave
LOL! Love ya Dave! Can't wait to see you at Kidabra 2010. I see you, Jimbo, and Kimmo are all on the bill! I'm already getting excited!