(Close Window)
Topic: Is this act for real or a comedic spoof?
Here is a video I came across recently. I think it's for real, but I want to check if anybody knows this guy and give us the scoop on what's going on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00pTfhD4Vw

Is this a spoof? (I hope it is)
Unfortunately, I think the guy is serious.
Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_XTU78Bho
Wow !!
I sure hope that those guys are not really serious..
Both of them are terrible. After watching the first guy I had to go drink about a half a bottle of Pepto Bismal...
I'm not sure if I should thank you guys for sharing those or not...
Bob.
Oh Boy...
OMG!
Anybody know how to book these guys? I mean BOOK, like in ARREST.
Something tells me that the people posting on Marti Brills videos are Marti Brill himself. There's a whole thread on him I started somewhere on the Café.
I just watched that [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSkru8PicM&feature=channel]Marti Brill video[/url] from AGT, in which he edited it to look like Hasselhoff was praising him. In fact, it was Drew Thomas that Hasselhoff was praising.

That seems like a pretty slimy thing to do, and may border on illegal. I'm sure the show's producers and legal department wouldn't look favorably on it.
Ha, if he's going to cheat you'd have thought he'd have edited out the bored looking judges and dismissive audience. (Did he put in a cheering soundtrack over he top of it too? The sound didn't match the reaction)
[quote]
On 2009-11-01 19:58, MrGreggy wrote:
Here is a video I came across recently. I think it's for real, but I want to check if anybody knows this guy and give us the scoop on what's going on here.

[/quote]

He certainly believes he is a good rock magician.
I am now embarrassed to admit that I lived in Miami for 30 years! Mr. Brill is about the most arrogant fool I have ever seen. That is utterly ho-hum magic!
[quote]
On 2009-11-03 13:09, JamesTong wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-01 19:58, MrGreggy wrote:

[/quote]

He certainly believes he is a good rock magician.
[/quote]

And from his looks he also believes he is FISM material :lol:
FISM?! He looks like he thinks he's Chippendale material. Maybe he could be a new guy in the Village People. Are there holes in his pants by his but*?
Yes Pizpor, Devlin's greatest assets are quite overexposed. Unfortunately, I was unable to avert my eyes in time, and as a result I spent the next 20 minutes rinsing my eyes out with a strong solution of bleach and vinegar.

His costume is not for the weak of heart.
He should also sign up for the most *** wig contest.
He insisted on fireproof flash paper.
Yo, Greg - it's good practise to name your sources for these things ;) WMF ahem.
Rupert, I'm not sure what you mean by "name your sources", and I don't know what "WMF ahem" means either. I feel so dumb.
I think I figured out what WMF means. Are you referring to WeeklyMagicFailure.blogspot.com? After reading your post, I started looking around and found that site. And there's Devlin!

Now that explains the "name your sources" comment also. I did not learn about Devlin from that web site, I think it was posted on somebody's facebook page. I don't remember exactly.

I am enjoying that blog however, what a hoot!
Maybe you youngsters can help me figure this out. I left a couple of comments on the YouTube page for [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00pTfhD4Vw]Devlin's video[/url]. A reply says: "lol @ greg mcmahan and his fake job getting owned by this guy". I know "lol" means "laugh out loud", but what does "fake job" and "getting owned" mean?

I feel so old and un-hip.
I think this is Andy Kaufman style comedy made on purpose to enrage any serious magician that comes across it. The more he can stir the pot, the bigger laugh he gets. He obviously had somebody working the camera. Who could or would film this without telling him how awful it is.
Even if I gouge my eyes out these images will remain burned in my brain forever!!!
:lol:
The rock guy must be a parody, the other guy just doesn't know any better.
Getting owned means this guy is better then you, and beats you in pretty much every way. Fake job is exactly that, the person is dissing your career choice.

Your way better Greg. I have you "Kid's Think It's Funny" book and I love it.
It sounds like a huge case of sour grapes to me. The guy who wrote that is obviously inferior, knows he is inferior, and has an inferiority complex to boot. He also has a big nastiness infection.
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 00:57, Maloney wrote:
Getting owned means this guy is better then you, and beats you in pretty much every way. Fake job is exactly that, the person is dissing your career choice.

[/quote]

Thanks Maloney, I appreciate your translation and kind reassurances.
Devlin has merged professional wrestling and magic, and the result is... Kaufmanesque...
Or Kafkaesque?
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 21:49, MrGreggy wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 00:57, Maloney wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks Maloney, I appreciate your translation and kind reassurances.
[/quote]

No problem, Greg.
Devlin's clip is a parody.

Marti Brill is 100% serious. He thinks he's good. He used to participate on some of the other forums a decade ago, he was incapable of following advice or suggestions on how to improve. I think there's something wrong with him mentally.
[quote]
On 2009-11-21 07:25, Futureal wrote:
Devlin's clip is a parody.
[/quote]

Do you know Devlin personally? Hilarious video even though it may be a farce.