(Close Window)
Topic: Cap broke on penetrating pen
Hi,
I recently purchased this and after a few times performing it I accidently force the cap back on too tight and it cracked.

Does anyone know what brand pen would have a cap that fits?
I tried all the pens in my house an none fit tight enough.

Thanks.
Mike
It depends which penetrating pen you have. On the Stealth Pen, a Papermate brand cap fits fine.
The one I have is called the Penetrating Pen. A picture is attached.
I went to several office supply stores and department stores and none of the caps were a fit.

Thanks,
Mike
The pen is sold at penquin as the b2 bomber. Nice pen but the caps ALWAYS split. I and many others have been looking for a replacement cap for at least 4 years with no luck.
I suspect they are common in a country other then the U.S.A. I tried different repairs without success so I just put black electrical tape around it to keep it from splitting further.
I may have get the Stealth Pen since the the caps are easily available.

Thank you.
Mike
I had just the opposite problem with the cap on a Stealth Pen, with the cap fitting too loosely (allowing it to fall off at inopportune moments). A Pilot roller ball cap will work on it just fine.
Hey, Mike, and Scott,
It feels good to know our problems are not only ours. This looks like the same pen as the pen I have.
My problem was the cap never fit and kept falling off (like yours Scott). What I suggest is to make your own. But it is not so easy,
since I have all kinds of special hand tools.

I wish there was an easy answer to this. I think that a plastic pen takes the heat off of m****ts as a solution.
I might start making and marketing one, not as a business (I already have a business), but more to serve the magic community. We deserve to have an affordable,
excellent plastic pen for this effect.
Scott
Check EBay. I bought four of these pens for less than $7 each and they all match, so you should be able to obtain replacements easily and cheap. I personally prefer the "Perfect Penetration" pen because it is a Bic style, and the gimmick is easier to manage.