(Close Window)
Topic: Top Five Marketing Courses for Magicians
Hi,

I'm sure many of you (like me) have purchased several marketing courses for magicians and entertainers and are always on the lookout for others who can really help your entertainment business.

I'd like to have just a friendly discussion thread.

Simple Question, "What are the top five marketing courses that YOU have used?"

Couple of things I think would be good for this:

First, there are a lot of good resources out there. This is just what you personally like. So why don't we agree to only talk about material we like and not bash anyone's stuff we don't care for?

Second, if possible please post a link to the site where the material can be purchased. If you haven't posted a link in a thread before the syntax is explained [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/faq.php#bbcode]here[/url]

I'm looking forward to hearing about a lot of good resources and of course I'll end up buying one or two. :clown:
[list]
[*] #1. [url=http://www.success-in-magic.com/resources.htm][b]Jim Snack's Success-in-Magic[/b][/url] (A must have in your Library.)
[*] #2. [url=http://www.fundraisingmagic.com/][b]Fundraising Magic by John Kaplan[/b][/url] For the series Fundraiser Magician
[*] [url=http://www.gmarketing.com/store/][b]Guerrilla Marketing books (Weapons)[/b][/url] These are good and the concepts can apply to entertainers.
[*] [url=http://www.wademagicproducts.com/][b]Wade Marketing Products[/b][/url] Great Ideas and specific Marketing techniques priced right.
[/list]

I can't list any others as 3,4, and 5 but I do have many others, including David Dee, Ken Scott's Birthday Dough (Good), John Carlson, Eric Paul and other Birthday party marketing material

Others have good parts to them or are to specific (Example: Birthday Party Success)
Personally, I found Jim Snack's course to be one of the better, if the not the best, magic marketing course out there. Jim's stuff is down to earth and there are no wild wooly claims promising you everything under the sun. If you were only going to buy one course, this is the one I would I would pick.

The biggest problem I had with most magic marketing courses that I have purchsed (excluding Jim Snack), is that many of them lean too much on Dave Dee / Dan Kennedy. What compounds the problem, too, is that everyone then tries to re-write those same concepts. After a while you sort of get sick of reading the same thing over and over again with just very mild variations.

Jim Snack's course is NOT like that.

And, just for the record, I have never met Jim Snack.

Gerry
Gerry,

Thanks. I hope to meet you someday and sway stories.

Jim
I love both Jim Snack's and Lou Serrano's courses for THREE BIG reasons:

1. Both courses are career courses, not direct mail courses.
2. Both contain tips and techniques that the authors have personally used to succeed. No pipe dreams.
3. Both authors are very successful at what they do. They've walked the walk!

Jim Snack (linked to in Jim's signature above) has the best course for the magic generalist. EVERY magician will find new ideas and ways to increase their income.

Lou Serrano's [url=http://www.1automationwiz.com/app/?Clk=3369357]Six-Figure Magic[/url] is the BEST course for close-up magicians. Lou makes very good money in one of the most competitive markets nationwide, and includes ONLY the techniques that he has personally used to succeed. If you are a close-up magician, and want to make a great living doing close-up magic, this is the course for you.

Both courses are excellent, and you owe it to yourself to at least check them out.
Curtgunz - I wouldn't limit myself to courses designed for magicians. These books, available at book stores (and Libraries) have loads of valuable information and will help you understand how your business is just like other businesses:

Get Clients Now! -Hayden

Guerrilla Marketing - Levinson & Conrad - they have a whole series of books
Never purchased one :)

I have read everything from

Selling for Dummies
Strategic Selling (Robert Miller)
Super Selling (Ed McMahon)
Successful Fundraising (Flannagan)
Maximum Entertainment (Weber)
How to make 50,000 a year as a balloon artist (Steven Ulery)
50 Ways to Make Money with Magic (Mayne)
Rules of Wealth (Templar)
Free advice from Tim David, Dean, Jim...
Advice from Kyle Peron and Skip Way
My ex (a graphic designer and marketer)
Stand-up comedy the Book (Carter)
How To DJ right (Brewster)

and so much more
Thanks Bill. Much appreciated. Your check is in the mail. =)
My favorite one is http://www.themagiccafe.com

I learned a lot from that forum website course. Because it is all about magicians helping magicians.
OOOh That's a great link Mike ;)
The magic Café is a great ongoing resource.

I'll second that. :)

--Jack
Disney Princess Magazine gives me great ideas every single month!!! True, I am a professional princess, but that's not why. ANY person should be able to glean strategies for themselves from the mouse.

Alexa
OK, Alexa wins Grandpa Chet's Most Unusual Response in a Thread for the month of November.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Nov 13, 2009 08:18PM)
One of the best kept secrets in marketing for magicians is Jack Turk's email list. True, he is in business to sell marketing related product, however, he also consistantly provides tips and insights for free in those emails. Same has been true of Eric Paul's email lists, but Eric has had to slow things down since his illness. Anyway, the price is right, and you can easily unsubscribe! ;)
Too bad you are not here in Philly with us Chris. Jim did an excellent presentation last night, as did Eric yesterday. 8 of the fellows (attendees) shared their promotional strategies also. Jack's not here this year, but his newsletter is full of content also. It's a short read, but gets the day off to a start with something to think about.

I agree the newsletters are the way to go, I have a hard time understanding how folks can compalin when something is free.

B
Christopher Starr is right on the money about Jack Turk's email list.

Jack's emails are almost always filled with quality ideas and tips! Jack does a terrific job and really knows what he's talking about. I'm really glad I'm on his list.

Plus, he also offers great sale prices on his products to his email subscribers. If there's a product of Jack's you'd like, sign up to his list. You can't go wrong.
Top 5 that I've used:

1. Dave Dee's "Mega Marketing for Magicians"
2. Eric Paul's "How to Be Your Area's Top Children's Entertainer"
3. Jim Snack's "Success-in-Magic"
4. Eric Paul's "The System"
5. Chris Egelston's "How To Create, Market, and Present Motivational School Assembly Shows"

Other courses/programs that I've benefited from:

1. John Kaplan's "Fundraising Magic"
2. Cris Johnson's "Fundraising Magic" (can't recall exact name)
3. Jim Snack's "Ice Cream Social"
4. DJ Ehlert's "Successful Strategies for the Restaurant Performer"
5. Eddy Wade's "Halloween Themed Show Kit"
6. Todd McKinney's "Creating a Celebrity Status With Your Clients"
7. John Carlson's "Big Birthday Party Business"

I recently purchased John Abram's "Rebel Entertainer's Success System", but haven't had a chance to go through it yet.

Brian
Interesting I have all these Plus others such as Kaplan's Christmas Magic and Night Magic. And others.

One of the worst is "Secrets of a Millionaire Magician"

[quote]
On 2009-11-14 16:12, Brian Lehr wrote:
Top 5 that I've used:

1. Dave Dee's "Mega Marketing for Magicians"
2. Eric Paul's "How to Be Your Area's Top Children's Entertainer"
3. Jim Snack's "Success-in-Magic"

Other courses/programs that I've benefited from:

1. John Kaplan's "Fundraising Magic"
2. Cris Johnson's "Fundraising Magic" (can't recall exact name)
3. Jim Snack's "Ice Cream Social"
4. DJ Ehlert's "Successful Strategies for the Restaurant Performer"
5. Eddy Wade's "Halloween Themed Show Kit"

7. John Carlson's "Big Birthday Party Business"

[/quote]
Dennis:

I will agree with you on that one.

Gerry
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 12:22, Dennis Michael wrote:
Interesting I have all these Plus others such as Kaplan's Christmas Magic and Night Magic. And others.

One of the worst is "Secrets of a Millionaire Magician"
[/quote]

I've got "Secret's of a Millionaire Magician", but never did finish going through it.

I've also got other great programs such as Kaplan's "Santa-via-Satellite", but didn't include them in my list of general marketing courses.

One of the biggest benefits to my business was actually attending a week-long business-building workshop several years ago in Houston, hosted by Julian Franklin. Because of that, I've learned how to make performing in public libraries a large part of my business. That takes care of my whole summer, along with several other bookings throughout the year.

Brian
I would agree with many of those listed here.

The best marketing SYSTEM I have found is David Farr's "Amazing System." It has increased my bookings significantly.

The bad news is that the system is currently not being sold.
RE: Dave Farr "The bad news is that the system is currently not being sold". You may want to check with Dave on that as I did not hear that this past weekend from him. (Maybe because many folks there already had it.) But the "Amazing System" is not really a marketing course, is it? To me it's more like a tool to use within your business.

I have, of course, Jim Snack's "Success-in-Magic", and all of Eric Paul's "programs", with "the system", being one of the best (for me). Kaplan's fundraising magic work is also very good at covering a subject within the field.

I did mention on another thread (BOR Books) about Brad Ross's new BOR "system", as a treatment of a subject "within" the field also. I have no doubt that this one can save you BOTH time and money. I recently recieved it and was VERY impressed with the content and the DVD!! (If you already have it, but not the DVD, Brad does sell it seperate to those who already have the initial verision ie. cd's only.)

Blair
Message: Posted by: A Birthday Magician (Nov 18, 2009 11:06PM)
The best purchase that I ever made was Eric Pauls - How to become your areas top childrens entertainer...i followed all his directions and have a great show and business model that has been running successfully for many years. I am a full time entertainer and wow what a great buy that was...highly recommended...put me on the right path
Any comments for Lou's course:
http://www.sixfiguremagic.com/
Adam Christing (I think that's right--it's been a while) "Getting the Gigs" is VERY good.

I'm not a fan of the Dave Dee course or it's offspring.

Two books that really helped me (they've been around a while, and you will have to adapt some of the material to today's technology, but most of the principles remain the same):

How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins
Getting Business to Come to You (author's name escapes me at the moment)

Anybody heard anything about Phil Jay and Chris Dugsdale's course?
When are you going to put one together for us, Scott?
Adam Christing's new course is designed for speakers, although the information can also be used for entertainers. The price on his website $1997, but if you use my link it is being offered at $997. [url=http://www.startgettingbooked.com/cmd.php?af=1093656]Click Here[/url] to get all the details.

My course, [url=http://www.on2url.com/app/adtrack.asp?MerchantID=107266&AdID=465149]The Real Secrets[/url], was just released a month ago and is sold exclusively at [url=http://www.on2url.com/app/adtrack.asp?MerchantID=107266&AdID=465149]www.SixFigureMagic.com[/url]. It is designed specifically for close-up magicians, although the principles, techniques, and strategies are applicable to any entertainer. It's not just a marketing course but a complete system to build your business as a magician.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Thanks for the info.
[quote]
On 2009-11-19 20:26, Dynamike wrote:
When are you going to put one together for us, Scott?
[/quote]

Hi Mike,

I doubt I'll ever put a course together--there are plenty of good ones out there already. I did write a book called "Great Scott! It's Show BUSINESS!" I sold the rights to it about 5 yeas ago, and it has not been republished.

I have Jim Snack's course, and it is very good.I'm sure Lou's is, too. The Christing Course I mentioned I bought from Brad Burt about a decade ago. Came with about 6 casette tapes and a book. It had some really good info for about $150 as I recall. So this new one must be really good!
Ok, I understand. But if you change your mind, please notify us first. I like how you put together your blogs.
I like Jack Turk's [b]Birthdays Shows Part Time[/b] and then you have the free
stuff that the rest of guys provide like the stuff you find on the Café' here
and or subscriptions (i.e. Eric Paul, Dave, Jack, etc..).
The trouble in my opinion is that these courses specifically for us magicians are primarily designed for the USA market and their strategies often do not work for us 'stiff upper lipped' British folk.

Is there anything out there that would cater for the strange Brits
Here's a UK product & live training for children's entertainers:

--> [url=http://www.entertainertrainer.co.uk/]Mike Clarke's Entertainer Trainer[/url]

Here are 2 more UK products:

--> [url=http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=482&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26]Quentin Reynolds' Kid Show course[/url]

--> [url=http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=606&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26]John Breeds' book - "How To Create Kids Magic and Triple Your Income"[/url]

- Donald
I have been studying James Muntons Booked in 30 days course online and have found it to be very helpful and full of useful information. I am learning a lot from James and he has some great ideas on how to grow your business. He supplies not only the idea but the resources - Web links, books, etc and step by step on how to achieve the goals he challenges you to do in the course.

I am a full time children's entertainer and have only good things to say about this course. I believe it will help me grow my business.

The link: http://www.zerotobookedsolid.com

-stephen
On topic, I'm always on the lookout for useful resources, and I just posted to my blog a video from a world-famous sales training expert from a presentation he developed for IBM.

True, it's not specifically "magic marketing" but I think you'll agree it's a refreshing and insightful take on "expert advice".

The video's on my blog at http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com under the post entitled, "Another Expert's Advice..."

It inspires me to do a few more videos myself...
No one ever mentions my course as good or bad around here sheeeesh... LOL

Anyway...

Marketing training I have LOVED

Book Yourself Solid - Michael Port... (download the free workbook that goes with it) the whole red rope policy changed how I do business (had head about it before just never thought about it much or put it to practice till this book/ workbook)

I got started YEARS ago with Dave Dee's systems (and was successful with them doing day cares as a magician in GA)

SEO Revolution Jerry West (AWESOME course on Internet Marketing and worth its weight in GOLD times 10)

I've gotten a few of Brad Ross things and have used them.. they work well
Anything not kids orientated that will suit us in Britain ?
Have you tried Jim Snack's course, or Lou Serrano's course, or Adam Christing's course? Or have you asked them if they have UK customers, and how their courses helped them?

(See first page of this thread for links.)

Just because they aren't from the UK, doesn't mean you should ignore their offerings. Not all products are the same. For example, it doesn't take too much investigation to discover that Jim Snack doesn't sell his shows using a Dan Kennedy-style of "ultimate sales letter." His approach is more conventional. And that's just one tiny aspect of Jim's course.

- Donald
So is there a down-and-dirty comparison of basic styles/approaches, and which course aligns with which style? And perhaps even better - which approach suits which type of sales personality?

I am NOT good on the phone, plus I don't have a lot of time to answer every phone call. I am NOT good with typical "sales": finding the soft spot, setting the hook, overcoming objections, closing the trap - er, sale. So a course oriented heavily in this direction would be a frustrating waste of money and time.

Is it possible to make such a comparison? Or, how would one go about evaluating the different courses to better find one that might fit?

Ed
Ed -

You may not like this, but it needs to be said for others seeking a shortcut. This is not meant to be mean.

The only way to become more skillful and comfortable at helping customers over the phone (and having the end result of booking shows), will be to start doing it, and become more experienced through practice and real world action. It works the same way for performing. You don't become more skillful by thinking about how to avoid it.

Success is built on action.

On the phone, there are many different ways to sell your services. Use a way that suits your personality, and also a way that works.

Aside from the phone, I have mentioned 2 other ways to sell your show, in recent posts on another thread (and via a PM I sent to you a while ago): post your rates online at your website / in your mailings, or use autoresponders through emails that sell you in print (communicate by email, instead of on the phone).

One more way is to sell is in person (instead of on the phone).

Still another way is to have an agency do all of the booking work for you, and you become an employee.

- Donald
I bought the bronze version of Jim's course a couple days before his "Fathers Day Free Upgrade" special hit. Obviously I didn't know it was coming, but Jim sent me the free upgrade anyway! That was a classy move in my book.

So far the information has been good. Some of it I already learned the hard way (wish I woulda' bought the course sooner). Some of it I'm putting to use immediately. It's too soon to measure "results" but so far the investment seems worthwhile.
Don:

All understood and not taken as "mean" in any way. Your comments and directions are excellent and greatly appreciated.

I was not looking for a shortcut. I'm thinking (and maybe I'm wrong) that a decent course would not simply give me shortcuts, but rather help me think in certain directions that I would not normally look at and see things that I otherwise would not recognise. All of which are, of course, perfectly useless to me unless I act on them and integrate them into my personality and work style.

That being said, I took from your post that there are at least two basic different schools of thought, which would show through in the directions given. The result would be that I have things to implement that do not fit me as well as something else might, and I wind up frustrated and resenting having spent the time and money. Someone else might take it and launch big - to me, an ill-fitting premise would be a boat anchor.

Does that make sense? Or is my lack of real-world experience showing through?
Ed
I think you might be too new (inexperienced) to determine that phone selling is not for you, once and for all. I percieve it as though you are giving up without trying very hard / very long.

Sometimes you have to try (or at least learn about) lots of different things to determine whats not for you. That is why one of my approaches is to read lots of different material, and learn as much as possible.

In regards to magic courses. Don't you already have Jack Turk's PT birthday course? I seem to remember reading that in a post somewhere. What are you doing with that information (before you go looking at buying more)?

- Donald

P.S. At one time, Jim Snack made an excellent observation that kids entertainers should get Eric Paul's course first, and then his course. Many agreed with his assessment. So, that might be one thought. However, you can only buy used copies of Eric's course now. It might be harder to track down an original copy, but not impossible.
[quote]
Don't you already have Jack Turk's PT birthday course?
[/quote]

No - I'm on his email list.

And, quite sadly, I "discovered" Eric Paul only late last year.
I did see that video presentation - I think it was one of his last before a convention. I might check and see if I can get his course somewhere.

I've been thinking seriously about Jim Snack's course. I did get his five free emails, and have exchanged a few other emails with him.

Part of the problem is available funds to purchase. The other part is that I'm not yet actively in business, and so do not have a forum to practice what I learn. I hope to rememdy that situation in a few months.

As for experience, I've done a few things in the 35 years I've been out of high school. I've even tried an entertainment business before. So I've got a bit of experience at banging my head against brick walls.

Ed
[quote]
On 2010-06-22 18:36, Ed_Millis wrote:
I am NOT good with typical "sales": finding the soft spot, setting the hook, overcoming objections, closing the trap - er, sale. [/quote]

Ed -

I'm pulling up this earlier quote from you.

You don't have to sell your show that way at the beginning. Especially if it's beyond your abilities or understanding, or not your style.

Just try a simple description on the phone, quote rates, and ask if they'd like to book a show.

Write out a script first, if it will help.

Also, ask the customer a few questions early in the phone conversation, to show genuine interest and gather relevevant information.

You can do this, even without buying any courses to start with. I can think of a number of magic business books as well, but I don't really think you need them either.

Book some free shows at first, then book some shows for a starter fee, and build your part-time business from there. You can market for those shows in various inexpensive ways to start with.

- Donald

P.S. Jack's PT Birthday Entertainer Course is one of the less expensive products mentioned on this thread. It's only $49, and occassionally comes on sale as a downloadable version, for less.
[quote]
Part of the problem is available funds to purchase. The other part is that I'm not yet actively in business, and so do not have a forum to practice what I learn. I hope to rememdy that situation in a few months.
[/quote]

What prevents you from starting to accept work? You've been delaying this for a while. Why not do a few birthdays for kids on your street (for example)? This isn't a business where you hang up a sign and open your doors. You can ease into it.

Some people wait until the time is "right" to make a move and, usually, the time never comes. There are opportunities around us every day if we look for them and are willing to act on them.

Perhaps you have good reason to delay (or perhaps you only think your reason is good). Regardless, I sincerely wish you much success!
Ed,

Scott and Donald are offering you excellent advice. First, make the decision to start building your part-time performing business today, not three months from now. It all starts with making that decision. Then, as Scott suggested, get out there and start doing shows, even if that means doing a free show or two at a nursing home or hospital. If you act is any good, a staff member or other employee will pick up your card and you'll get a paid spin-off booking, and the ball will start rolling.

Regarding marketing and business courses, you are correct that a decent course will help you think in certain directions that you would not normally look at and see things that you otherwise would not recognize. There is no "perfect fit" when it comes to information put out by other magicians, and there is not a single path to success. Simply learn as much as possible from those who have traveled this journey before you, pick strategies and tactics that appeal to you, and start blazing your trail. Don't fall into the trap of "analysis paralysis." As I often teach in my seminars when someone does not know what to do next: "Any action beats inaction."

Break a thread...

Jim

PS: A note to Café readers looking for a marketing course, I haven't advertised it, but anyone who invests in the downloadable Bronze version on my Success in Magic course during the month of June, is going to get a free upgrade to the Silver Version that includes the dozen audio seminars. I've been thinking about phasing out the Bronze version because the information is the audio seminars really updates and completes the course. You may see that next month.
Ed, as many above have said, you got to get out and "Do It!!!"

I'm not sure what you are wating for.

Do you have a product (show, act...whatever)?

Is there a market in Yuma for your product? You may have to decide with your product how far you have to go to get work for it.

Start promoting, letting folks know what you do etc.

As far as Eric Paul goes, try Google videos, My Space videos etc. He has countless videos up on marketing techniques and strategies that you can access.

Blair
I agree, the best way to do something is to just simply "do it."

Until you become a man of action, nothing can help.
And then once you do become a man of action, you won't need much help.

Tom
I greatly appreciate the support from all who are responding. I really didn't mean to hijack a general-purpose thread and turn it into a "help Ed" topic! You guys are the best!!

"Just do it" -- I have been, as much as I can at the moment. I've done a few free shows at libraries and for friends. I do not have insurance yet, though, and that's a biggie for me. I've also got a full-time-plus day job that is currently working me 50-60 hours/week, Mon-Sat. 'S hookay - I have a job!! And the OT is going to pay for my insurance and business license (if all stays on track).

In the meantime, I'm scouring for business stuff, putting together a few new audience-involvement routines, working on a web site (not online yet - the one that's up there is a mess!), roughing out a business card, and putting together an applicatin for a street festival coming up in Oct. Oh - and trying to keep life flowing (family, church, friends, etc.), and even get a bit of sleep.

I do tend towards "analysis paralysis", but I also know that no business is ever built that way. There's so much to learn that will only come by walking the path and experiencing it. I have learned a few things about myself, though, and try to stay out of my own way. (One of my favorite quotes: "Success comes by finding out what you don't do good and DON'T DO THAT!")

Cheers!
Ed
Hi Ed -

While insurance is important, I performed for many years before I had it. There are many venues where you just don't need it.

I can't speak as to business license. I don't even know if you need that. I don't have one. Yes, I declare my business income and expenses for taxes, but that is a different topic.

The time you spend on too much research and then some other downtime (watching TV, surfing the web), could be spent performing and growing your business. This is your dream... live it! I promise you that you'll feel happier and more energized.

You have Sundays open for shows. Try to book a show for every Sunday, whether it be donated or not. Just do it. Take action!

There are some things that I'm not good at in business, but I still do them as best I can, because I'm not in a position to pay someone else to do it (yet, maybe not ever) or in a position to avoid the task. I wash dishes at home, too, but I sure wish I could pay someone to do that for me. :)

As for quotes, here is one of my favorites:

"God gives every bird his worm, but He does not throw it into the nest." - Swedish Proverb

- Donald
Ed, What I find interesting is that you are looking at doing this part time, not that you are jumping to full-time. So you are talking about a no-risk situation.

With that being said, I'm really not sure what your issues are.

B
Ed:
I want to help you gain some focus.
Since you are aiming for part time, forget about:
- the website (don't "need" one)
- the business card (put your name and number on a piece of paper)
- the license (doubt its needed for a little side income)
- the insurance (OK...you make your own legal decision but I doubt that those who perform a few small shows here and there actually has insurance)
Anything else still in your way?
All the above can come when you are already making money and reducing your time at your other job.
Seriously, the list above are not real blocks to starting your side-business in magic (they are imaginary blocks to progressing). You just think you need them. You really don't. You're ready right now.
Even the show. You have something so get going and perform and improve along the way. The show won't actually be that great until you perform it many times in front of an audience anyway. No excuses here.
OK...now you're free to do your thing. Congrats! Now get going! This is a great day for you. You are now officially in business! It's as easy as that.
Donald you are correct there are certain element of the courses that you suggest, Jim Snack and Lou Sorreno that are suitable from people from any country, I have been given both courses. But on the other hand, the 'nitty gritty' is primarily USA based, and these thing just don't work in the UK.
Perhaps we are much more cynical over here but the question I asked is , is there any courses that suit us in the UK ? By purchasing the above courses, it is worth approx 10 dollars rather than the price they are trying to charge !!!
I guess I'm confused by "these things just don't work in the UK." Are you talking about these kinds of strategies?

-- Client-focused, attention-getting headlines
-- Direct-response copy that speaks directly to the prospect
-- Using Adwords and SEO techniques to get found on the web
-- Creating packages of programs for your customers
-- Focusing on the market first, then developing a show
-- Bombarding prospects with social proof/testimonials
-- Video demos of your programs posted online

What makes any of these US-specific? I've seen similar approaches used all over. When I was in Singapore in 2009, I saw multiple ads in the local paper using exactly
these kinds of tactics.

--Jack Turk
I'm also confused by some of the things in magus-inc's post. While the examples in my course are based upon my experiences in the United States, topics like business planning for magicians, fee setting strategy, promotion, getting your act together and showmanship apply anywhere. Furthermore, the individual coaching and email support included with my course are worth much more than $10 he suggests they are worth.

But if that's what he feels it is worth, he can send me $10 via paypal to jpsnack@aol.com, since he was "given" both mine and Lou's course. I'm sure Lou would appreciate it also.

Jim
Good post Scott!!!

Blair
Ed, it is virtually impossible to totally 'get' where you are at and what YOU want, need and desire in this thread. (Or at-least it is for me...)

Sooo… If you find this of value, I would be willing to chat with you personally and see if there is a simple, direct way of getting you close to YOUR desired dreams and outcomes.

If you would like (and you don't HAVE TO...) simple eMail me directly at Results@TheDean.net with a few 'windows' of opportunity to chat and a best direct dial access line and I will call you so we can chat and quickly see if we can move you closer to YOUR dreams and goals...

Sup to you, ok. No pressure one way or the other. (NO sales pitch... I don’t even have a kids-show course or anything...) just me trying to help is all.

“Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."

Find Your Passion… DO Your Purpose… Make It Profitable!

Live “L.O.V.E.” Everyday!
Life Of Vibrant Expression!

I am at your service and in HIS Service,
Deano (Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><

PS
Grab Your 100% FREE, No Foolin’ Success Event Playback AND Downloadable GIFTS Now?
http://www.EntertainersSuperConference.com

JOIN ME for Free Business Tips and Success Shares... and FUN-Stuff, of course!
= http://www.FaceBook.com/TheDeanOfSuccess
= http://www.YouTube.com/TheDeanOfSuccess
= http://www.Twitter.com/DeanOfSuccess
Ed you mention quotes, one of my favorite quotes comes from: Vince Lombardi, "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

My other favorite comes from an older speaker named Earl Nightingale. "People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be - whether they will admit that or not."

When you put the two together we get this: "Until we make up our mind to do something, we just ain't gonna do it."

You seem to be a very smart person. I personally think all you need is a little more confidence to try. "You can do anything you set your mind to do" is not just a neat saying, it's a fact, but only when you're willing to try.

Just between us here, and this is my own quote, but it really is a million dollar secret: "You don't really have to own a pair of those tennis shoes to "just do it."

My suggestion is like some of the others have said. Maybe you just need to forget all the business details for now and enjoy the magic. Do what you can with what you got and grow as you go.

I honestly do understand exactly what you saying about it being hard to get things done while working a full time job. It can be very hard, but it can be done, especially when it's something you enjoy doing. We as humans do find a way to do the things we like doing, we make the time.

I certainly had a lot of bricks thrown my way during my early years, but bricks can be used to make a great foundation.

If I can help, let me know, and honestly I do wish you the best.

Ed, I strongly recommend that your very next move be to take Dean up on his offer. Talk with him and see where it goes.

Tom
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 16:26, magus-inc wrote:
Donald you are correct there are certain element of the courses that you suggest, Jim Snack and Lou Sorreno that are suitable from people from any country, I have been given both courses. But on the other hand, the 'nitty gritty' is primarily USA based, and these thing just don't work in the UK.
Perhaps we are much more cynical over here but the question I asked is , is there any courses that suit us in the UK ? By purchasing the above courses, it is worth approx 10 dollars rather than the price they are trying to charge !!!
[/quote]

I have people from all over the world that are currently using the principles, techniques, and strategies that I share in my course, [url=http://www.sixfiguremagic.com]The Real Secrets[/url], and they are using them with great success. The principles are universal to all human beings. People in the UK are no different. If you are in the UK and people aren't using the ideas in my course, then any one that does will be head and shoulders above their competition.

My course is a proven blueprint for success with testimonials from people that have applied the information. There is only one way to find out if the things I share work, and that is to apply the information and test it. There is no other way.

But I'm with Jim on this one. Since Magus was "given" these courses, he can also send me $10 via Paypal to Lou@LouSerrano.com

Life is a journey, not a destination. Set a goal, create a plan, execute the plan, and then start all over again. Those who take action will achieve results that aren't even imaginable to those who sit by the sidelines and dream.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Lou and Jim, I was given them as a gift, they were bought legitimately ss far as I know. Have you never given anyone a DVD to watch or a book to read or passed a newspaper to someone when you are finished with it. If you answer no to that then excuse me but you are not telling the truth. It makes no difference that the value is $1 or $500. The principal is the same. Perhaps you should both forward me $10 for wasting my time. You are obviously going to tell me that your course is amazing and fantastic and can be used the world over.At least you managed to plug your email address using my post ....yawn.
Once, someone tried to give me a gift of Jim's course.

The performer bought a package that had included both the print and ebook version, and thought that it was fine to pass along the ebook version, because he felt he had "two copies" (a spare).

I felt wrong about it, and talked with Jim. Jim verified my thoughts. I immediately removed the file.

An electronic version of a course, and most ebooks, are non-transferable, because you can't tell if someone really erased the original version. You've simply made a copy, which violates a copyright. So, file sharing is wrong, and hurts authors.

I hope that the products that were passed along to you weren't electronic versions.

And if print copies were passed along, I hope that no copies were made by the original owner.

- Donald

P.S. I don't know this for sure about Jim's course, but I do know that some products and courses are non-transferable, and say so as a part of their license agreement that the purchaser agrees to.
Donald,
You bring up a good point..

I have been on the end of having my content copied before..
A member of my membership site made recordings of live lectures and then gave them to a friend..
That friend then made copies and started to sell them on EBay at $120 each,

It was a total pain to get ebay to pull the content because I had to prove it was ME on the video's and that they where part of a members only section

Because of this issue I now have a NON Transferable clause and a Non Disclosure as part of my course.
Dear Magus,

Please contact me via email or telephone, both of which are easily obtainable by looking at my course materials or send me a private message via this forum. I can easily very whether or not you have an authorized or unauthorized copy of my course. If you'd prefer to PM me, please feel free. If you do indeed have an authorized copy of my course, I will publicly apologize to you via this thread. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Lou Serrano
[quote]
On 2010-06-26 14:18, magus-inc wrote:
Lou and Jim, I was given them as a gift, they were bought legitimately ss far as I know. Have you never given anyone a DVD to watch or a book to read or passed a newspaper to someone when you are finished with it. If you answer no to that then excuse me but you are not telling the truth. It makes no difference that the value is $1 or $500. The principal is the same. Perhaps you should both forward me $10 for wasting my time. You are obviously going to tell me that your course is amazing and fantastic and can be used the world over.At least you managed to plug your email address using my post ....yawn.
[/quote]

While I do not own either course. I can attest to the professionalism of both gents and as far as getting a mention USING you to do so... the entire Café is all about give and take. We try to be courteous here. The assumption that people are using a nameless, faceless poster as a springboard does not outweigh the ideocentric philosophy he or she imposes.

As far as passing along news articles, as opposed to coptwritten information, the premise of socialism is not logical. If someone who attended a college class gave me all their notes, should I qualify for a degree? If I bought a ticket for a movie should my friend use the other half of the stub to see it for free? There is a difference between information that's published for the masses and intellectual property that's restricted to the person who purchased it otherwise we would all have security clearances with whatever agency we liked.

In any event, seeing that you only have a handful of posts, we want to welcome you with warmest regards.
I apologise if my remarks are upsetting people. I agree that there are certain elements that may be applicable to the uk but the value of the course is fully applicable for the market in the States. Things operate differently here, no matter what you think.
I have no doubt whatsoever concerning the professionalism of the persons mentioned and did not mean to imply that they are unprofessional, I was merely stating that their course's full value is not achieved in the UK.
I don't know if the courses that I had were authorised or if they were copies and although I agree that it is important, would you turn round to a friend and refuse a gift stating, that ...'I cannot accept unless you can prove that you bought this course legitimately, I am terribly sorry........' Life doesn't work like that I'm afraid, social skills allow us to take the gift with grace.
For your information, both courses have now been passed on by me to another individual who equally didn't ask if they were legitimate or not.
It wasn't a blatant photocopy so I have no means of saying wether they were legitimate or not as I have never bought either course first hand, how can I possibly compare.
Perhaps the next time I recieve a book or a CD , I should ask for proof of purchase with a letter from them stating that they have not read or listened to it.....signed by a lawyer and countersigned by a judge...
In reply to Jay, firstly may I thank him for his warmest regards, with ref. to passing notes from one individual to another, of course that doesn't warrant you to earning your degree. While at university we used copyright information everyday for reference purposes, we quoted from information obtained in many sources and I obtained my degree in a 'legitimate' fashion using my intelligence to utilise the information within our vast internet and to come up with my own conclusions which were brought about through analytical study.
My whole point in this post was to ask if there was anyone out there that could recommend a course that was 'suitable for the UK market' . In that, I did not mean a course that you could take certain chunks out and squeeze and mold them to fit a market that is so fundamentally different.
I am happy to pay for a course that I can utilise to it's fullest extent.
I am now curious

How does the European market or UK differ? We call, send info, entice people to look at out web-sites, make use of prior contacts and find ways to infiltrate certain industries and/or venues, then farm contacts. Follow-ups, more follow-ups or cornering the buyer at another event are also common practice.

Aside for the seven ways to sell Ask, Assume, Incentives, Testimonials, Inverse, Negative, Penalty - and the accompanying two elements of Features vs. Benefits.... all tied together with the three reasons people buy YOUR product, Price, Service or Uniqueness. How much different can any sale be?

Is there something we are doing in the US that people in the UK do better?
Jay - that was an entire marketing course in one short post!!

Ed
Is there a marketing course for psychics?

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2010-07-12 14:03, insight wrote:
Is there a marketing course for psychics?

Regards,
Mike
[/quote]

Marketing is marketing is marketing. Any good book or program will present solid strategies that will apply to anything you want to sell. Magician, psychic, real estate agent, speaker, used car dealer, window cleaner, etc, etc, etc. Solid strategies will work for whatever you present.

Whatever you choose (even those magicians who buy "for magician's courses), you will want to adopt your own unique positioning approach. To me, a book written for a different industry in no way means that it won't be valuable to my business. In fact, some of the best information I've found has come from materials written for another category of service provider.

What type of work are you looking to get into? What type of target market? What type of services? What do you do now and what goals do you have?
I would like to apologise via the Café to both Mr Snack and Mr Serrano for my comments on their course being worth $10
I have to admit that I gave neither course much of my time before passing them on and had perhaps pre judged them deciding that their worth for the UK market was minimal. Perhaps if I had taken the time, I would not have dismissed them.
I believe that if I had utilised even a fraction of the information in either course before simply dismissing them as only applicable for the US market, they would be worth more than double their original purchase price.

On reflection, I apologise publically for the negative remarks.
Magus-inc,

Apology accepted. I'm pleased that you took a second look and found value in my course. While the specific markets for magic and their needs will vary geographically, the overall strategies for building a magic business apply just about anywhere. That's where my work is strongest for magicians outside the United States. The specific examples of how I built my business are of most value to magicians working those markets in the United States.

Jim
Hi Magus,

Thank you for your post. Apology accepted.

Wishing you much success!

Lou
I've purchased Jack Turks course and find it very valuable. It takes some discipline to implement all of the wisdom shared here and in his course. I've a suspician that this is the case with all Marketing Courses.

One surprising thing to me has been that it is far better to be an average magician and an excellent marketer, than the other way around. Of course we want be excellent at both. But, to be an excellent magician and poor at marketing will leave one short on cash and long on talent.
Check out the work David Breth is doing

http://www.davidbreth.com/businessmarketingmatters

http://www.examiner.com/marketing-in-baltimore/david-breth
(material he puts out for a local paper and their website, at no cost)

I don't know about many marketing courses (for magic, I was a marketing director in my previous life for some well known companies) but what I know about David is .....

......He is one of if not the busiest working magician in Maryland

I don't know about other marketing courses but you can actually speak to David with questions and for advice.

David's prices seem reasonable compared to other courses I've seen.

Bottom line, this is advice from some one who is day in and day out marketing successfully in the area you want to be in
http://www.davidbreth.com/Step-By-Step-Press-Release-Profits

I do think David is a little crazy, he put up a help page where you can ask him a question ......

........ and get a real response
http://www.davidbreth.com/Help.html

I've never seen anyone else doing these type courses offer that
Web page is down
When you try to sign up it shows page not available?

Don
No one has mentioned an excellent source from Stan Kramien, this stuff is the real deal. No hype all hard work.

Show Me The Money: http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_44&products_id=3931

Professional Secrets of Stan Kramien: http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_44&products_id=3929
[quote]
On 2010-09-07 00:05, MichaelDouglas wrote:
One surprising thing to me has been that it is far better to be an average magician and an excellent marketer, than the other way around. Of course we want be excellent at both. But, to be an excellent magician and poor at marketing will leave one short on cash and long on talent.
[/quote]

BINGO! Being an excellent magician is actually only a small factor in being successful in this business. I've seen (and heard of) so many very not-so-good magicians have great careers and are very happy. I've also seen (and heard of) so many exceptional magicians who struggle to get by financially or are unable to get out of the daily grind of a job they hate.

Is it fair? Perhaps not. Learn how to generate income with your great (or not-so-great) magic and you've got it made!
**Don,What browser are you using to sign-in?

===============================================================

**JIM SNACK & JACK TURK: In regard to Jim Snack and Jack Turks information I know both of their ethics and ANYTHING and I mean anything they offer are ONLY based on what they actually know (unlike many out there "teaching" things they have never done themselves and because of this are not qualified to teach others how to market). Both men run their business with ethics.

Bottom Line: Jack Turk and Jim Snack ARE the real deal!!!
================================================================

**insight: You can take the marketing Jim or Jack share and implement the principles in your "psychic" business... when you see: "Book More Shows As A Magician" ... replace the word magician with psychic and you will find the marketing principles are the same.

================================================================

**Vick: WOW!!! THANK YOU. I am much humbled.
David is the man!! Has helped me out tremendously
G.Gilbert,

Thank you. I REALLY enjoy helping ACTION takers... not just takers!!!

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 8:10am
♦♦ "SHARING WHAT YOU KNOW" ♦♦

Something I have taught for years (to entertainers and others) is
"How To Get An Extra $300 (or more) Per Month And Build Credentials Just By Sharing What You Know With Others" -- this is not a new concept however my "twist" on it CAN be very lucrative to you.

Magicians George Gilbert and Kris Bentz saw this in action first hand July 2010 and Dennis Haney of the world famous Denny & Lee Magic Studio will also tell you the success of what I share in this free report ...using this information gives me new clients and brings PAYING customers into his magic shop EVERY-TIME I do it!!!

Get Your Own Free Copy:
http://www.davidbreth.com/Teach-What-You-Know

In this brief (free) report I (David Breth) share an insight which you too can use with NO out of pocket expense.

P.S. When you visit my web site (http://www.davidbreth.com/Teach-What-You-Know) to get your copy of my report... do NOT just sign-in for your free report... no, no, no get a pen and note pad and take copious notes!!!

Read, then re-read each and every page and email you are taken to in order to "confirm" your report... this process has proven very success for me... (The "secret" is in the "system" / the process).

P.S.S. be sure to create a folder in your email for my emails from (david@davidbreth.com)
This one I got David.It was the one about Monday's marketing tip that don't load
Thanks

Don
Hi Don,

If you grabbed your owe personal copy of my "Make Money Sharing What You Already Know" then you do not need the Monday's marketing Minute since they are in the same system.

P.S. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask (http://www.DavidBreth.com/Help) if I do not know the answer(s) I will strive to locate the answer(s) from someone who does and I may not tell you what you want to hear but I will not lie to you.
I subscribed, I assume it is the one that you get 1 e-mail a day?
Thanks

Don
Not so great, poor or mediocre magic will not support an act long term and hurts that act and the business in general. Who hires them back?

and I'm ranked the #1 magician by Gigmasters (woop de doo) in MD, VA, PA, DE, CA, TX .... Nationwide in the USA except NC

and that raking has depended in a large part on giving outstanding performances so ... poor or mediocre magic may not, can not and will not support an act long term

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 2:56pm
About David Breth, your welcome.

Everyone I said is true, David and I have shared some ideas and work that was mutually beneficial and David is far ahead of the marketing I do

Please don't let me attitude or words keep you away from the worthwhile info David provides

There are some good sources at marketing (for magic) and some not so good sources. For me the true benchmark of how go the info is ....

is how busy and successful at booking is (or was) the provider of the info
I have only purchased 6 or 7 books/courses on marketing, 3 of them being specifically for magicians. I won't list them all because that would only demonstrate what was effectively marketed to me.

I do have to say that I wasted a lot of money following direct mail campaign advice to a tee on 2 occasions with No results. I turned back to concentrating on my show. It's all been useful experience, and I'm am happy with every purchase.

The one course I bought that really helped with the way I think about marketing is Eric Anderson's marketing material. His back story insights, promo guide, and all the bonuses (including some really commercial magic effects) really helped me. Without trying you will be branding yourself and then the marketing is spelled out from there. Really practical.

Having said that, there is material I didn't buy that has put money in my pocket for the last 6 months. Not because I pirated it, but because its not for sale. I have been so busy using David Breth's free insights and information that I haven't had the time to buy and read the full books. (sorry David!) I know I will be picking up all the other material soon, and he provides so much information up front that I should be putting a check in the mail right now. David's clients are not usually magicians (though that is what he does). they are small businesses that need effective, cutting-edge strategies to improve the quantity and quality of their clientele. When I saw David in Baltimore a few months ago I wasn't surprised by what he was doing. I was surprised by the fact that he was doing exactly what his "Make Money Sharing What You Already Know" book said. I thought there must be something more to it that he hadn't shared. Its all there. And its free.

I am a big proponent of what David is doing because it has been effective for me in such a short period of time. And I have seen it work for him as well.

If you have a large touring show with 20+ employees don't bother with either of these courses. But if you need to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and put something in place so those high-end sales courses will finally make sense, I think you can't go wrong with David Breth and Eric Anderson.

Kris Bentz
Seamless Magic
Kris,

Thank you for your consideration... It truly was a pleasure meeting you this summer when you flew into Baltimore from Dan Diego, California (I am not saying this due to the nice comments).

As you experienced first hand my direct response marketing and advertising tactics are ethical, different than most and come from in the trenches (hands on). My passion has always been to really help others achieve their own success (not to pump myself up into something I am not)... as long as they are willing to put the effort into themselves I will strive to find the missing "element" which may be slowing them down (in most cases it is something small like not having a solid MPO).

P.S. As you also noted I will not just make something up to make myself sound smarter than I really am...(if I do not know something) I will search those people in the know and direct you to them.

Again, thank you Kris.

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 6:49pm
If you visit http://www.BusinessMarketingMatters.com

or

Within 30 seconds you will be taken to "How To Get An Extra $300 (or more) Per Month And Build Credentials Just By Sharing What You Know With Others".

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 7:15pm
**Vick - ..."I'm ranked the #1 magician by Gigmasters"... the fact is (as you and I know) for most people their 'perception is reality' so many believe (due to what they state when they call me) if you are ranked #1, 2 or 3 in the major search engines you must be really good to great.

**Group - Having high rankings in the search engines is fine however if you do not have a high ranking show to match this also hurts those of us who do. Fact is one of my press releases STAYED #1 on Google news for OVER 12-months and the calls I received from this was AMAZING (not to mention the money people paid me to coach them about how to effectively use direct response style press releases) but, But, BUT I have a good strong show which people place high value on.

Look at one of Jack Turk's videos here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0wtiCcJ8g does the value he describes on his website appear in his showmanship? YES!!! You see his web site makes BIG claims BUT he backs them up with solid performances.

or

Take a magical journey with Illusions by Vick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXTcK3PVR8 now notice two different styles yet both Vick and Jack deliver value and NOT JUST A FEW TRICKS but they take props and transform them into effects.

Bottom Line: You can market yourself to the point you are busy, Busy, BUSY however if you do not deliver real value in your "PERFORMANCES" then all the marketing know how is not worth achieving just so you can brag that you are doing a gazillion shows every week.
David,
You're embarrassing me ;-), that was shot with one camera just a few days after working with Joanie Spina

This is about the same but better and more stuff, I like it a little better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjliHmdhp0g

Here is a shorter version that zooms in a little more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyidNnyRpY

Bottom line is you have to deliver, a show, emotions, feelings, thoughts and something special for your audeince

Either in the show ... or in your marketing

or best ... in both

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 8:14pm
Now that I've protected my frail little ego ;-)

The VERY IMPORTANT point being made here is

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A QUALITY PRODUCT (show) to market

I watched 15 seconds of Jack Turk's video and knew he has something substantial of high quality there, he is reaching his audience

About the Gigmaster's thing, I have a good show to market, a quality product to delivery that I promote and stand behind. Gigmaster's ranking is by bookings, reviews and money earned over the past 6 months.
http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Magician--MD.html

(yes it's true I have been booked twice as much as any other magician in MD, DC and VA this year)

I try to deliver an outstanding quality show every time out, for every client, every where. It's what they pay for and it's what I have to give

Here's a tip about marketing for you, it is easier to retain a client than it is to get a new one. I've already realized the customer acquisition cost with an existing client, they know me and my work, what they can expect.

It's also easier to gain new bookings at a show than it is to get them anywhere else, every show is a huge opportunity for new work
Magicians (entertainers) are constantly being asked to contribute their services to charities and other organizations like school, scouts, church, etc., ... So what can you do to make it work for both of you so you are not spending money you do not have at the moment????

"How To Turn Your Generous Donations Into High Profits"

Next time you are approached to donate your entertainment services to a community, synagogue, PTA fund-raiser, charity, etc. donate a hundred, a thousand dollars (more or less) worth of discount tickets instead. The person who purchases or wins these tickets can then turn them in to buy your services for a discount.

You, in turn, can offer to donate 10 percent of your profits to the organization. When you present the donation check, publicize it with a press release (the media LOVES this type of story)! You can even go as far as to create a giant card-board check and hand it over game-show style, alerting the local newspaper to the photo op (I have successfully taken this approach and have received some very nice media coverage)!

**One area where I have successfully taken this approach is for my birthday party packages where I up-sell my magic work-shop after the birthday party magic show. Again, if you have questions about this approach please ask http://www.davidbreth.com/Help

-Fellow magician (entertainer), Do not just barley survive THRIVE!!!!
Earlier this thread was asking what works in the UK? Well I'm in Australia 'across the other pond' so this might have some similarities.

Last week I ran a quick test of David's press release info after seeing Jon Armstrong locally here in Adelaide.

This was my first ever press release, so it was without planning for the Search Engines, and only submitted to 2 free places.

Results?

It was Top 10 on Google in Australia for 2011 Adelaide Magic Conference (a term mentioned only once at the bottom of the release) the very next day.

And is now Top 3 for our local magic club's name ie 'bomb shelter magic' in Australia:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=bomb+shelter+magic

What works outside the US?

Well it seems like this does.
Thank you WordofMouthMagic (Martin),

I am thrilled you are getting the results I said you would and I appreciate your willingness to share openly something others may be "shy" to share for fear of “competition”.

One thing I KNOW (FACT) which has really helped my business grow was when I realized other entertainers in my area are NOT my competition you see the reality is we all offer different show styles and if we strive to enhance each other (yes, even sending shows to each other) it does various things for you and your business like…

Creates a bigger perception (name) for you in your area (you become known as the “go to” person for entertainment). I know, I know I can hear you saying, ..."But if I send them a show they will take this customer and I will lose possible future shows, etc."...!!!

Hold on dragon breath.

You see first it is vital to set-up positive relationships with those in your area and industry who share common ethics and integrity and also deliver a solid product (show) then this almost always guarantees you will not be left in the cold for future shows.

Example: If a mother calls me to perform a magic show for her son’s third birthday party I will simply “sell” her on another entertainer in the area (since I do not specialize in this age group), the other entertainer does the same when someone calls and they are looking for someone to entertain for their daughter’s sixteenth birthday celebration. It is a win/win.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this I may not tell you what you want to hear but I will not lie to you.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 10:35am
Email Templates Follow-Up!

Below is an actual real-world example (meaning this is something being used by real customers and for this example I have permission from this customer to share this and their results with you) of a "follow-up" email template I created for one of my customers (yes, you are correct this is not 'rocket science' HOWEVER the success rate is what is vital here).

You see like this example I instruct my clients to send a "let me re-introduce myself" email approximately 24 - 48 hours after they meet then if they do not receive a reply from the first email (which is very rare) they send the second one (Two Week Follow-up - The two weeks is not set in stone it may be a few days, etc. just depends on the conditions).

***Now please note I am using one of my clients who is not an entertainer for several reasons and one of these reasons is so those who may read this and believe their target market is different and they could never use these "types" of methods to market to their market can (magicians, clowns, caricature artists, face painters, etc.) - - as Dan quickly learned.

His first words to me were (which I have heard MANY times from almost every client before coaching begins) "Dave, I am a gardener my business is different you are marketing magic shows and my customers are buying fresh produce"... - - well as of today for EVERY email he is sending using the templates below his response rate is not 20%, 44% or 90% it is 100% - - he gave me permission to publish his information in case you still can not see how this system “type” could possibly work in your entertainment business (if you must contact him to prove to yourself this works PLEASE respect his privacy and only do so if you require proof or if you want to buy fresh peppers).

BTW: His web site is only a few days old (September 2010).

So without further ado, here are the email templates you can swipe and use as your very own (PLEASE CHANGE TO NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, WEB SITE AND AD COPY TO MAKE THEM YOUR OWN).

***NOTE: You do NOT have permission to sell these or use these if you are attempting to consult people using these templates - - please respect this request... these are for your personal use ONLY - - period.***

P.S. If you want personal help implementing this "type" of system I highly recommend you contact Jack Turk and / or Jim Snack.

NAME,

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday at the Bowers Pepper Festival because I know you met many people throughout the day I am following-up to re-introduce myself. My methods for growing are consistent with organic standards (pesticide and chemical free); my fields are based in Harford County, Maryland where I specialize in growing peppers, garlic, onions and herbs.

P.S. As my new website grows I would like to add your website link on mine, please let me know which web-page you would like me to place on my website.

Organically yours,

Dan Heiles
DanHeiles.com
(443) 803-2944

Two Week Follow-up if no response:

Hi NAME,

Two weeks ago I emailed you a follow-up email a day after we met at the Bowers Pepper Festival and since I have not heard from you I am wondering if you just became busy or maybe one of those email gremlins gobbled it up ; )

In either case here is the original email for your convenience.

Original Email:
It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday at the Bowers Pepper Festival because I know you meet many people throughout the day I am following-up to re-introduce myself. My methods for growing are consistent with organic standards (pesticide and chemical free); my fields are based in Harford County, Maryland where I specialize in growing peppers, garlic, onions and herbs.

P.S. As my new website grows I would like to add your website link on mine, please let me know which web-page you would like me to place on my website.

Organically yours,

Dan Heiles
DanHeiles.com
(443) 803-2944
[quote]
On 2010-09-14 00:56, WordofMouthMagic wrote:

It was Top 10 on Google in Australia for 2011 Adelaide Magic Conference (a term mentioned only once at the bottom of the release) the very next day.

And is now Top 3 for our local magic club's name ie 'bomb shelter magic' in Australia:

[/quote]

Hmmmm

It's a bit like those people who brag about being Google #1 for
some obscure term in some tiny locality.

You would impress me more if you told us how many people searched for
bomb + Shelter + magic each month
and then how you dominated that highly contested niche market.
Hi bubbleburst2004,

WordofMouthMagic's mention of this was and is not to "impress" --please re-read his post again without reading between the lines.

If WordofMouthMagic or I wanted to "impress" either of us could brag how our web sites rank #1, #2 and #3 organically in the major search engines for our targeted market and for the key words people use (oh, and our web sites rank #1, #2 and #3 organically in the major search engines for our targeted markets and for the key words people use - - he is "down-under" and I am here in the USA and we both have different target markets but our web sites have VERY high viability for our target markets), but WordofMouthMagic's focus was / is on implemplimentation (action).

If one was to take the same steps they can use the same method to rank their blog and web site on the front of major search engines for the key words people are searching for (WordofMouthMagic fully understands no one is searching with these key words... this is why he stated ..."I ran a quick test "... He is merely sharing what a "quick test" can do and if this result is from a test how much more could a real hard-core all out direct response marketing assault do)).

Your point bubbleburst2004 of trying to "impress" would be well taken if this thread was to try and "sell" the readers on a system, product or service (which I have not intent or desire to do - - this is why I am directing the readers toward experts like Jack Turk and Jim Snack) however I believe the goal from WordofMouthMagic's perspective is only to get the wheels of action moving forward in the readers minds.

I hope this helps clarify somethings and if you ever have questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 7:49am
Get your web site or blog allot more visibility in the major search engines.

Okay, let's get started...
5 Quick “Dirty” SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Tips To Get Website Traffic Fast!

On the Internet, one of the most significant keys to success is getting website traffic. The more targeted visitors you have, the better your sales and profits. Presumably you have a niche and you know your keywords, and regularly conduct keyword research to stay on top of what is popular. Based on those assumptions here are five quick and easy tips to get website traffic fast!

Tip #1 - Make sure you are actually tagging your keywords.

Do you spend a lot of time optimizing your content and then neglect to tag them on your web-page? Tags are where search engines look and if there are no tags they will pass right by your web pages. Here is a quick brief on tags.

There are a number of tag types including,

MOST magiican web-sites are NOT doing this...
ONE OF IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT TAGS OF ANY WEBSITE!!!
* Title tags. Title tags are quite possibly the most important place to situate your keywords. Here’s what they look like - <title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title>

Your title tag is where you place your primary keyword or keyword phrase. The sentence will describe your business in less than 90 characters.

* Header Tags. Header tags are next in order of importance to search engines. They are ranked in order of importance and look like this - <h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1>

The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.

* Meta Tags. Meta tags provide the small descriptive text found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page. Like title tags these should be kept brief, informative and up to date.

* Alt Tags. Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. Each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag.

Tip #2 - Add content to your site daily

RICH CONTENT is essential for traffic and a top search engine ranking. Content is what search engine spiders look for and index - without it there is nothing to index or rank. Give visitors and search engines a reason to visit and index your site. Make a commitment to provide daily, optimized content and your traffic will soar.

Tip #3 - Procure valuable and relevant incoming links

The more websites which link to your web-pages the more valuable search engines perceive you to be, though not all links are created equal. Search engines give more leverage to links from sites which are popular and credible and from sites which are relevant to your website topic.

There are different types of links.

- A direct link looks like a basic website address, for example, http://www.yourwebsite.com

- A text link occurs when the web-page address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.

- If the link is to an internal web page, for example an article published on a website, rather than the home page, it is called a “deep link.”

You can encourage linking to your web-site by:

* Adding content to your site.
* Submitting to article directories.
* Publishing press releases
* Blogging and participating in social networking forums, chat-rooms and social networking sites.

Tip #4 - Be Social!

Now more than ever before, internet marketing is about building a community. Whether you offer a forum on your website or you participate in social networking sites, social networking is a valuable traffic generating tactic. Sites like Facebook and Twitter can be powerful tools for generating targeted links and traffic to your site – create a profile and then post comments, links to your site and ideas which generate conversation (engage your audience).

Get involved - many chat-rooms and forums are industry specific, find those which cater to your industry, and begin participating. Speak to and connect with a highly targeted audience.

Tip #5 - Advertise for more exposure and traffic

Advertising, when handled strategically, can be used to promote your content and products or services. PPC advertising is often the tool of choice because you control the advertising budget on a daily basis and have the tools to test and track your advertising efforts. Once you have honed your PPC ads the return on investment can be phenomenal in terms of traffic and purchases.

CAUTION: Unless you hire a TRUE PPC expert this can cost you more than you get in return!!!

For maximum results, create a traffic and SEO 'strategy'. Out-line your plan and your goals and then take the necessary action. Take advantage of these five traffic and search engine tips to boost your entertainment business.
[quote]
On 2010-09-15 03:48, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-09-14 00:56, WordofMouthMagic wrote:

[/quote]

Hmmmm

It's a bit like those people who brag about being Google #1 for
some obscure term in some tiny locality.

You would impress me more if you told us how many people searched for
bomb + Shelter + magic each month
and then how you dominated that highly contested niche market.
[/quote]

Excellent point bubbleburst2004.

It would also impress me more if that was the case - BUT I would also expect to do more work than write a non-SEO optimized 1-pager and submit it to 2 free sites.

Remember also that I'm in Australia, and I'm commenting on people saying they can't use the US/Canada marketing material in their home city/country. I disagree.

In my experience, SEO techniques often work BETTER outside the US because there is less SEO awareness and competition. I suspect it is true of many other marketing techniques as well.

Heck I got on the first page for weight loss in my city of over a million people. All it took was buying the right domain name (my first choice was actually available - try doing that in the US), putting up a 5 page blog, and having a couple of solid backlinks!

A bunch more backlinks and one more post and now I'm #1 for an "obscure term" that targets an ideal client for my medical counselling practice - http://www.google.com.au/search?q=weight+loss+adelaide

All because I learned from the best in the US. So now what seeeeems to others in my home town to be like marketing 'magic' - isn't at all - 'when you know the secret'.
The Title tag should be kept to around 65 characters.

It is not a character limit but a pixel limit and depending on browser / screen settings you can get the ... with over 65 char.

as far as competition.. there is very little competition ANYWHERE for localized terms
although it is getting harder
MikeClay,

Very good (solid) points.

Thank you,

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 8:37am
Hello everyone,

In MikeClay's web-site there is an article titled "Why Search Engines Hate Your Pretty Website" - - this is something I have taught for years however Mike has put it into a concise format which I find easy to read and understand so go get it...

http://askmikeclay.com/category/online-marketing-quick-start

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 11:56am
Hello Fellow Entertainer,

Congratulations You are about to learn how you too can create more publicity on the Internet and off for your entertainment business without spending tons of cash.

Press releases are a highly effective promotion method, but first let's go back to the beginning...

What is a Press Release & Why Your entertainment Business Needs Them
==============================================

A press release is a newsworthy story about your entertainment business that you submit to various media ~ newspapers, radio, television, magazines, etc. If they are interested in your story, they may just interview you or run your press release in their publication.

The general public is more receptive to a news story than ad. A press release may be your key to getting your story published. Having the media do a story about you is like an receiving an endorsement of you, your web site and your products. Most importantly, sending out a press release is far cheaper than purchasing an ad.

A formal press release follows a specific format and is sent to solicit interest in your entertainment business.

However you send your press release, it is important to remember that a press release is not an advertisement about your entertainment business. It is a newsworthy story that the media might just be interested in picking up.

Send out a press release every time something new is happening with your web-site and entertainment business, but make sure it is newsworthy. Do not send out a
release because you now carry a new balloon color or when you buy a new deck of cards.

Here is just a small sampling of ideas.

1. The Launch (or re-launch) of your Web-site:
What is unique about your site? What problem does it solve for your visitors? What are the benefits to your visitors?

2. Adding New Services & Products:
Again, make sure it is newsworthy. Make sure to focus on the benefits and why your target audience would be interested in the new services and products.

3. Events:
Announce your special events like public speaking engagements, open houses, seminars, a fair you are arranging, etc.

4. Fundraisers & Donations:
If you are running a fundraiser or making a considerable donation (ex. 50% of your sales for the month of September), write a press release about it. It will bring attention to your entertainment business and help you run an even more successful fundraiser.

5. Major Awards & Accomplishments:
If you've been given a prestigious award, write a press release about it. Just keep in mind, a press release is not your opportunity to brag about yourself. You still need to focus on how that award shows you can help others.

Get creative and always make sure your news is of interest to the people who read, listen to or view the media you are submitting to.

Coming in my next post - Writing a Press Release
& The Technical Details

Designing Profitable Strategies For Entertainers,

David Breth

P.S. If you have questions just ask.
[quote]
On 2010-09-16 07:24, MikeClay wrote:
as far as competition.. there is very little competition ANYWHERE for localized terms
although it is getting harder
[/quote]

Getting harder yes. Try searching for Maryland Magician - ie David Breth's neck of the woods. The competition has certainly hotted up there :)

Oh, and the press release I mentioned that went to 2 free sites, is now on #3 and #4 and #7:
Ohh WOW ... that article should have been on the MMG site... the askmikeclay was a test site... and we ran a scraper on it... so I shut it down to let it age and get it back out of the sandbox.... (its out now, but I havnt redone it yet)

I will copy it over before we delete that site (and rebuild it.)
I hope you have come up with some great press release angles for your publicity campaign. Today, we are going to talk about how to write a press release and all those pesky technical details.

Writing a Press Release & Technical Details

Your press release should include a few essential components. They are:

1. Date Instructions
"For Immediate Release";
"For Release Before [date]" or
"For Release After [date]"

Use one of the latter two if your press release is of a time sensitive nature. For example, if you are holding a public speaking event, you will want to use the "For Release Before [date]" and make sure you input the final date for registrations.
If you are using the "For Release Before [date]" ensure you are sensitive to media deadlines. Send your release out well in advance.

2. Headline

Write an attention-grabbing headline. Make it benefits-oriented (why would it be of interest to people?) and descriptive. Avoid hype and promotional language ~ remember, this is a news story.

3. Contact Information

Include as much information as possible here. Make it easy for the media to contact you. Include your phone number, address, company name, fax number, email and URL. Include the hours you are available at the listed phone number and add an after hours
phone number, if applicable.

4. Summary

Before you get into the body of the release, write a sentence or two to summarize your press release. Make it interesting, you want the recipient to keep reading. Also, include the area to which this release is relevant.

5. Content

This is the meat of your press release. Again, write a benefits-oriented story. Think of the target audience as you are writing. Your target audience is partly the editor or reporter who will be reading the release. Ultimately, however, your target audience is that editor or reporter's readers or audience. You need to write a story
that will be of interest to them.

The first paragraph should answer all the important questions - Who, What, Where, When, Why & How? You only have a few seconds to keep an editor's or reporter's interest. Here's your chance.

6. Signify the End of Your Press Release

The end of your press release is shown by a few simple characters. Place ### at the end of your release.

Coming in the next tutorial: Write a Press Release that Will Get Noticed.

As always, contact me with your questions http://www.davidbreth.com/Help

Posted: Sep 22, 2010 9:50am
Hello Again,

By now, you know you must write a press release which is newsworthy and you must avoid having your press release sound like an ad. Reporters and editors receive many releases each and every day...you only have a few seconds to grab their attention. Here are a few tips that might help:

1. Use an attention grabbing headline

2. Use the first paragraph to answer all the important questions like who, what, where, when, why & how.

3. This story is for your readers (the editor/reporter and ultimately, their audience) ~ tell them why it would interest them

4. Avoid the hype. Do not use big words and adjectives. Stick to the facts.

5. Focus on benefits: What problems do you solve for your customers or website visitors?

6. Back up your claims with facts and statistics.

7. Consider sending out a Press Release Kit, instead of just a simple press release. Here are the elements you can include:

- Letter
- Press Release(s)
- Business Fact Sheet
- Your Biography
- Samples, Photos, etc.
- Company Literature
- Your Business Card

If you sell magician services, imagine what attention you can receive by sending a cool magic trick. However, keep in mind that although your sample may be appreciated, the information you sent may not be read.

You need to evaluate the cost of sending a full press release kit. You may want to indicate that you will send samples upon request as an alternative.

However you decide to send your release, you need to stand out from the crowd. You need to create a press release would interest the editor and his target audience.

Next time I will share: Press Release Distribution Tips - Where to Send Your Press Release

Designing Profitable Strategies For Entertainers,

PS; If you have questions just ask.

David Breth

Posted: Sep 23, 2010 8:29am
Okay I am back,

It is time to find out exactly what you should do with that press release you have carefully crafted. Here are some distribution tips.

You need to build a media list and this will likely take some time. Start local and small.

Local and/or small media are most likely to be interested in your story and it is the perfect way to hone your release writing skills. Besides, a lot of the larger media outlets scan the little guys to find stories to pick up.

**I have found much success with community college newspapers.

Try newspapers, trade journals, topic specific magazines, websites, radio shows, television show ~ whomever would be interested in your topic. Do not send your release to just anyone, or you could be accused of spamming.

Always remember to get specific contact information for your press release. A release
address to a particular person will receive a lot more attention than a general release sent to the media outlet.

Familiarize yourself with the editor or reporter's work. Find out the method they prefer to receive press releases. Do not automatically send them by email... some will prefer mail or fax. Find out their deadlines.

If you are sending your release by email, never send an attachment. Copy and paste your release into the body of the email. Never send a bulk email. Address emails individually

How to Build Your Distribution List:

1. For your local media, check the publication or their website for information on how to submit a release.

2. Do a search on your favorite search engine for websites in your industry that might just be interested in running your story.

3. Here are a few websites to help you build your list:

- Media Post http://www.mediapost.com/ - extensive
directory for US media
- NewsLink.org http://newslink.org/ - directory
for a number of countries
- ABYZ News Links http://www.abyznewslinks.com/ -
directory for a number of countries

4. Submit your press release to a few online news-wires and news websites. There are a number which require payment, but they may be outside your budget.

Here is a free one:

- Free Press Release - http://www.free-press-release.com They do an excellent job and are free. You can also donate to Free Press Release to receive better placement for your release.

Remember, it will take time to build a great media list, but the rewards will be worth it.

Designing Profitable Strategies For Fellow Entertainers and Entrepreneurs,

David Breth

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 7:48am
Congratulations on taking the first step to creating more publicity for your magic "business" without spending tons of cash.

REMEMBER:
Press releases are a highly effective promotion method, but first let us go back to the beginning...

What is a Press Release & Why Your Magic Business Needs Them

A press release is a newsworthy story about your magic business (NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT BUT SOMETHING NEWSWORTHY) you submit to various media outlets ~
newspapers, radio, television, magazines, etc. If they are interested in your story, they may just interview you or run your press release in their publication.

The general public is more receptive to a news story than ad. A press release may be your key to getting your story published. Having the media do a story about you is like an receiving an endorsement of you, your web site and your products. Most importantly, sending out a press release is far cheaper than purchasing an ad.

A formal press release follows a specific format and is sent to solicit interest in your magic business.

However you send your press release, it is important to remember that a press release is not an advertisement about your business. It is a newsworthy story that the media might just be interested in picking up.

Send out a press release every time something new is happening with your website and business, but make sure it is newsworthy. Do not send out a release when you now carry a new balloon color.

Here is just a small sampling of ideas.

1. The Launch of your Website:
What is unique about your site? What problem does it solve for your visitors? What are the benefits to your visitors?

2. Adding New Services & Products:
Again, make sure it is newsworthy. Make sure to focus on the benefits and why your target audience would be interested in the new services and products.

3. Events:
Announce your special events like public speaking engagements, open houses, seminars, a fair you are arranging, etc.

4. Fundraisers & Donations:
If you are running a fundraiser or making a considerable donation (ex. 5% of your sales for the month of September), write a press release about it. It will bring attention to your business and help you run an even more successful
fundraiser.

5. Major Awards & Accomplishments:
If you've been given a prestigious award, write a press release about it. Just keep in mind, a press release is not your opportunity to brag about yourself. You still need to focus on how that award shows you can help others.

Get creative and always make sure your news is of interest to the people who read, listen to or view the media you are submitting to.

Keep Reading and applying what you are learning... you will be glad you did...
Okay, I have a little writing challenge for you. If
you are currently working on a press release, get that out
now. Or if you are not working on one, grab a recent release.

Go through the release and cross out every single adjective.
If you are not sure what an adjective is, according to the
Webster's Dictionary, it is:

"The part of speech which modifies a noun or other
substantive by limiting, qualifying, or specifying and
distinguished in English morphologically by one of several
suffixes, such as -able, -ous, -er, and -est, or
syntactically by position directly preceding a noun or
nominal phrase."

Some common adjectives are:

• better
• very
• wonderful
• beautiful
• best
• amazing

Adjectives are useful in our everyday discussions, but when
we add them to our press releases (and our sales copy), they
tend to sound promotional and a bit like hype.

Ex.

"Amazing New Magic Show Technique Offers Very Best Solution To Fund Raising"

What is your proof that your product is truly amazing and is
the BEST solution? Words like very offer little meaning -
they just emphasize a word, but really offer no proof. You
need to make your press release more meaningful.

So, if you remove your adjectives, you are forced to
describe in real concrete terms what is amazing about your
product and why it is the best. Here is a better headline
than the one above:

"New Fund Raising Technique Improves The Financial Status for Charities"

See what I mean? Yes, some adjectives will remain (see, I
still have the word "new" in the headline to illustrate that
is a new technique), but most can be omitted and replaced
with more concrete details.

Until next time... be well and use this information in good wealth.
2 Sure-Fire Methods Proven To Convert More Customers
By David Breth

If you are an entertainer (business owner) your number one concern is customers. You have probably read and heard a million and one ideas about how to build relationships, retain customers, create a list of potential customers, and inspire customer loyalty. But the tough question is, "How do I convert prospects into
customers?"

There are a lot of people out there who see your ads, think about them, and maybe even say, "I ought to..." They are just waiting to be convinced to do something about it. There are two sure-fire things you can do to get them moving!

1. Improve Your Offer
No on can pass up the deal that's "too good to resist." Think about it... how often do your customers want your product, but just want a little more? That leaves you with a long list of "almost sales" which have the potential to be converted into real sales and profit. Sweeten the deal. Make the offer so good they can't resist it.

Note: Take a look at one of my high converting web sites http://www.DavidBreth.com ... no it is not pretty like some I have come across however it is very effective.

Now, I'm in no way suggesting you drop your prices to sweeten the deal. You can just as easily
load it up with bonuses to increase the perceived value without cutting away your profit. Bonuses
motivate sales, maybe even more than cut prices.

Don't let them lolly-gag. Yeah, get them into the “store” pronto with a deadline. They may have
to put a competitor’s purchase on hold to get your deal, but hey... what's wrong with that?

2. Follow Up
How would you like to increase your sales by more than 20 percent? Yeah, it sounds good!
There's really a very simple tactic you can implement... follow-ups.

Chances are prospective customers aren't going to buy your product the first time they see or hear
about it. Maybe it'll be the third or fourth, but they have to hear from you that third or fourth time
before they actually become a customer. Do you have a follow-up system in place?

Simply contact the "almost customer" every month with a new or repeat offer, or give them more
information about the product they are showing interest in. It doesn't have to be an intricate
process. Keeping the contact there goes a long way toward building trust... the key to finding
life-long customers.

Internet Marketers experience a high number of customers who browse their site, then click away.
You can't follow up without some form of contact information. A great way to gather the info
you need is to offer a free ebook, workshop or informative report consumers will find of interest.
Once they've given you the information to email or ship them the product, you have what you
need to keep in contact, and work on converting them into loyal customers.

Also, personalize as much as possible. Personalized messages (First Name) have greater appeal
than "addressed to occupant" messages.

All the best,

David Breth
--
--
How To Shift Your Growth into the Fast Lane Next Year (2011) by Engaging Your Customers
By ©David Breth

Do you feel like you have the “pedal to the metal,” spending all you can on advertising but still
can’t get the growth of your business into the fast lane? The fact is if your customers aren’t
engaged, it may not matter how much you spend on advertising. Just like a car in neutral isn’t
going anywhere (no matter how much gas you give it) until the transmission is engaged, your
business isn’t going anywhere until your customers are engaged.

What does engage mean? Here are three definitions you might find in a dictionary:

1. To attract someone’s attention
2. To establish a meaningful contact
3. To move into position so as to come into operation

Combine the three of them and it provides a pretty good working definition for engaging your
customers:

Attract your customers’ attention with the intent to establish a meaningful relationship and move
them into position to help your business grow.
Without worrying too much right now about how to engage your customers (we’ll get to that) let
me suggest multiple levels of possible customer engagement as represented by this pyramid
model.

At the base of the pyramid is your total available market. That is, all the potential customers in
the world. They have potential, but at least at this point no level of engagement with you or your
company.

The next level derives its name from a term we have all used when asked by a sales person if we
need help, “No, just looking.” The fact we are looking means we are more engaged than the
masses, but we’ve yet to make any great commitment.
Just beyond Just Looking is Just Buying. For most companies this is the height of their ambition.

Get a sale, book the profit and move on to the next customer.

Above just buying is buying again. This is a level in general assumes the customer was pleased
enough with their first purchase to be willing to come back and purchase again. I say in general,
because it is possible they have no other options and therefore they have no choice. For you as
the business owner, this is a very good level. Serving a repeat customer costs less because you
don’t have to pay to acquire them and they are less expensive to serve in most cases because they
are already familiar with you and your operation. The more customers you can get to Buy Again,
the more profitable you will be.
But there are customer engagement levels even higher than Buying Again. The first is Giving
Feedback. This refers to customers which are willing to invest more of themselves in your
company than just their money. They do this by making the effort to tell you how you can
improve your offerings. In effect, they go beyond the typical definition of customers and become
co-producers, helping ensure your offering is exactly what the market wants and needs.

Two great things happen in the process:

1) As your offering improves so will your sales
2) As the customer invests their ideas in your company they will become even more loyal
and move to the next level.

At the top of the pyramid is Telling Others. At this level your customers are so pleased with your
offerings they can’t be stopped from telling others. They become co-promoters, a very powerful
sales force willing to tell perfect strangers and best friends how wonderful your company is. As
consumers in general become ever more jaded and less trusting of traditional advertising, the
growth of your company will be largely dependent on how many of your customers become
promoters.

Having described the model let me accelerate to add I know it is oversimplified. Not all
customers will move through each level. Some will become promoters without ever providing
feedback. Some will provide feedback and then go away and never return. Despite its simplicity,
I believe the model can be helpful in understanding the concept that customers can become
much more valuable to a business than just the value of the purchases they make. Consider the
following:

Let’s attempt to look in relative terms how much a business benefits financially from a
customer at each level of possible engagement.
Expenses associated with a customer typically exceed income from that customer. For
example, you spend money on advertising and attract the attention of a customer willing
to take a look. At that point you have paid out (for advertising) more money than you
have brought in ($0 purchased by the customer).

For those customers which take the step and buy your offering, chances are you will cross over
into positive returns. If the customer returns to buy again and again your profit from that
customer will increase.
Note the slope of the line becomes steeper in the buying again phase.
That is due to the fact it is FAR less expensive to sell to returning customers than it is
acquire new customers. In fact for most businesses it costs five to ten times more to acquire a
new customer than it does to sell more to current customers. The obvious difference is the
acquisition cost associated with attracting new customers. The less obvious reason is a regular
customer already knows how your product or service works and doesn’t require as much “hand
holding” throughout the process.
As the curve continues into the higher levels of engagement, Giving Feedback and Telling
others, its slope becomes even steeper indicating significantly higher returns are possible.

Two
reasons for this:

1) The additional costs required to move customers into these levels is relatively small
and
2) The potential returns have a built in multiplier effect—that is, one customer’s actions
can influence many other customers.
For example, feedback from one customer which helps you improve your offering not only
benefits that one customer and brings them back again but benefits all your customers and
increases the likelihood they will return more often. Even more obvious, a customer who begins
telling others about your business brings not only their purchases but the purchases of several
new customers to your business.

In conclusion, engaged customers will help you improve your offering, they’ll actively promote
your product, they will improve your bottom line, and, to a large extent, they will determine how
fast your business will grow during the summer of 2010 and beyond.
As you consider the growth of your business, look not only at how many “Just Looking”
customers you can bring in and move to “Just Buying,” but also consider how you can get your
“Just Buying” customers fully engaged in your business.
Every Business Marketing Problem Has A Tangible Solution
Creative Thinking (Problem Solving)
By ©David Breth

How many times have you caught yourself saying there could be no other solution to a problem
– and that problem leads to a dead end? How many times have you felt stumped knowing the
problem in front of you is one you cannot solve.

► No Leads.
► Slow Sales.
► No Options.
► No Solutions.

Does it feel like you have exhausted all possible options and yet are still before the mountain –
large, unconquerable, and impregnable? When encountering such enormous problems, you may
feel like you're hammering against a steel mountain. The pressure of having to solve such a
problem may be overwhelming.
But rejoice! There might be some hope yet!
With some creative problem-solving techniques you may be able to look at your business
marketing problem in a different light. And that light might just be the end of the tunnel which
leads to possible solutions.

In the light of creative problem-solving, you must be open-minded to the fact there may be
more than just one solution to the problem (text book thinking is okay however practical
common sense is phenomenal). You must be open to the fact there may be solutions to problems
you thought were unsolvable.

Now, with this optimistic mindset, we can try to be a little more creative in solving our problems.

1) Maybe the reason we cannot solve our problems is we have not really taken a hard
look at what the problem is. Trying to understanding the problem and having a concrete
understanding of its workings is integral in solving the problem. If you know how it
works, what the problem is, then you have a better foundation towards solving the
problem.
Try to identify the participating entities and what their relationships with one another are.
Take note of the things you stand to gain and stand to lose from the current problem.
Now you have a simple statement of what the problem is.

2) Try to take note of all of the constraints and assumptions you have. Sometimes it is
these assumptions that obstruct our view of possible solutions. You have to identify
which assumptions are valid and which assumptions need to be addressed.

3) Try to solve the problem by parts. Solve it going from general view towards the more
detailed parts of the problem. This is called the top-down approach. Write the question,
and then come up with a one-sentence solution to that from them. The solution should be
a general statement of what will solve the problem. From here you can develop the
solution further, and increase its complexity little by little.

4) Although it helps to have critical thinking aboard as you solve a problem, you must
also keep a creative, analytical voice at the back of your head. When someone comes up
with a prospective solution, try to think how you could make that solution work. Try to
be creative. At the same time, look for chinks in the armor of that solution.

5) It pays to remember there may be more than just one solution being developed at one
time. Try to keep track of all the solutions and their developments. Remember, there may
be more than just one solution to the problem.

6) Remember that old adage," two heads are better than one." That is truer than it sounds.
Always be open to new ideas. You can only benefit from listening to all the ideas each
person has. This is especially true when the person you're talking to has experience
solving problems similar to yours.

You don't have to be a gung-ho, solo hero to solve the problem. If you can organize collective
thoughts on the subject, it is much better.

7) Be patient. As long as you persevere, there is always a chance that a solution will
present itself. Remember no one was able to create an invention the first time around.

Creative thinking exercises can also help you in your quest be a more creative problem solver.
Here is one example.
Take a piece of paper and write any word that comes to mind at the center. Now look at that
word then write the first two words that come to your mind. This can go on until you can build a
tree of related words. This helps you build analogical skills, and fortify your creative processes.

So, next time you see a marketing problem you think you can not solve, think again. The solution
might just be staring you right in the face. All it takes is just a little creative thinking, some
planning, and a whole lot of work.
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 13:38, Ed_Millis wrote:
I greatly appreciate the support from all who are responding. I really didn't mean to hijack a general-purpose thread and turn it into a "help Ed" topic! You guys are the best!!

"Just do it" -- I have been, as much as I can at the moment. I've done a few free shows at libraries and for friends. I do not have insurance yet, though, and that's a biggie for me. I've also got a full-time-plus day job that is currently working me 50-60 hours/week, Mon-Sat. 'S hookay - I have a job!! And the OT is going to pay for my insurance and business license (if all stays on track).

In the meantime, I'm scouring for business stuff, putting together a few new audience-involvement routines, working on a web site (not online yet - the one that's up there is a mess!), roughing out a business card, and putting together an applicatin for a street festival coming up in Oct. Oh - and trying to keep life flowing (family, church, friends, etc.), and even get a bit of sleep.

I do tend towards "analysis paralysis", but I also know that no business is ever built that way. There's so much to learn that will only come by walking the path and experiencing it. I have learned a few things about myself, though, and try to stay out of my own way. (One of my favorite quotes: "Success comes by finding out what you don't do good and DON'T DO THAT!")

Cheers!
Ed
[/quote]

Hi Ed,

Ater nearly a year as a full time entertainer, eating roman noodles and barely paying the bills..here is what I can offer to you.

Use the K.I.S.S principle...Keep It Simply Silly. I found that I was getting myself hung up on having the best promotional piece before sending it out, and before you know it..I didn't send anything out. I wanted the perfect website, brouchure etc. I have used none of that to make my living this year as a full time entertainer. Here is what worked well for me, and may work for you.

Gigmasters ONLY $59.00/3months
Gigsalad ONLY $69.00/6months

Respond to every lead ASAP...or at least within an hour...do it on your break at work etc

Get Testimonials from happy satasfied clients via video, audio or paper!

When a phone call comes track their information. If they haven't responded after telling them your pricing....e-mail them a reminder for the offer with a discount in the P.S.

Develope Packages for the clients to choose from!

Weekly Restaurant Booking (start on a tip basis, and they may eventually decide to start paying you...b/c the staff complain that it takes away from their tipping.

S.E.O Just changed 6-7 basic things on my site to get it noticed...if you aren't in a competitive market, then only doing a few of these things will be more than helpful.

Google Adwords (creeate a few campaignes and after a few months check to see which ones are doing the best and change something on the other(only change 1 thing at a time) Test Test Test

Approach your local Library in person and share with them your press kit. If you can get a paid booking doing balloon animals/magic show...give them and extra 30 minutes of balloons. I once stayed 1 hour past my normal time to make sure that every kid got a balloon, and that Library has hired me 5 times in the last year. Exceed their expecations!!!

Send out handwritten thank you letters with business cards and client evaluation forms with an enclosed S.A.S.E. You will get 90% response and have some useful information from your clients that will help you become an expert on the subject.

Hold a workshop and promote it via local news, radio, flyers, online CVB and event calendars. When they call to register take down thier contact information. Keep in contact with them on a regular basis after the workshop.

That is all I can think of for now. Many will tell you not to use the free vista print business cards b/c it has their logo on the back. Since your just starting with a very limited budget...why not take free for now? When the money starts comming in put so much back into your savings account to invest in a nicer business card.

#1 Keep your eyes focused on Christ!!! Hand your business and life over to Him and tell him that you can no longer do it alone! I made this decision back in June 2010 and my business hasn't been better!
[quote]
On 2010-10-12 15:07, trickychaz wrote:

I made this decision back in June 2010 and my business hasn't been better!

[/quote]

Probably not a good strategy then. Thanks for sharing.
[quote]
On 2010-10-12 17:30, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
[quote]

I made this decision back in June 2010 and my business hasn't been better!

[/quote]

Probably not a good strategy then. Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

The business has been better...sorry...you get the point!
[quote]
Weekly Restaurant Booking (start on a tip basis, and they may eventually decide to start paying you...b/c the staff complain that it takes away from their tipping.[/quote]

A slight, momentary sidetrack: This is the only part I would consider bad advice. Value is, in part, determined by you. Working for free (in the eyes of the employer) demonstrates your value to them and to yourself.
In addition, a complaining staff apparently hasn't been educated, or lacks experience with entertainers that help them earn MORE than they otherwise would have.

The rest of your information has some merit. I appreciate your thoughtful post.
[quote]
On 2010-10-13 12:18, Keith Raygor wrote:
[quote]
Weekly Restaurant Booking (start on a tip basis, and they may eventually decide to start paying you...b/c the staff complain that it takes away from their tipping.[/quote]

A slight, momentary sidetrack: This is the only part I would consider bad advice. Value is, in part, determined by you. Working for free (in the eyes of the employer) demonstrates your value to them and to yourself.
In addition, a complaining staff apparently hasn't been educated, or lacks experience with entertainers that help them earn MORE than they otherwise would have.

[/quote]

lack of training in the staff..I agree totally...some of them love it, and others feel it takes away from their tipping. Working for FREE has its pro's and con's.

[quote]
On 2010-10-13 12:18, Keith Raygor wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Keith can you share some insight? I have only been in business for a year, and am always looking for a pro's advice...someone like yourself who has been at it for a long time!

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 2:25pm
I guess what I mean by FREE...you should get paid if at all possible, but when you are just starting out take FREE if you can get useful stuff in return...barter with a pizza company to do their kids night for 2 hours in exchange for an ad space on their pizza boxes...show up at a local small festival and ask permission to do balloons. The media is almost always at these events and you will most likely get coverage..plus you get you cards in the hands of those that are in the position to hire you...Above all do what it takes to get your name out there, and generate interest in what you do. Carry balloons with you and make one for your favorite waiter/waitress. I just did this today and the waitress came back with a sticky note of someone's info that was interested in hiring me to do their church event. Don't be afraid to make kids smile with your talent...do it anywhere and everywhere you go, and you will be surprised by the results.

That FREE time (even if just for 30 seconds) could land a paying gig, a new client and a chance to present your talent to 15-20 more potential clients. When you are at that payed gig...have a drawing for a large magic kit or free show and VIOLA...in one day you have added 21 new clients to your list. So, free to me is valuable, but I guess it all depends from what perspective you look at it.

Am I missing something here?
I've pretty much stayed away from this thread primarily since
I do have skin in this game.

Nevertheless...

Here's the truth. The best marketing system for
any magician is the one you create yourself. The
system that fits best with YOUR work habits, YOUR
interests, YOUR talents, and YOUR passion.

Buy. Read. Listen. Watch. Experiment. Try everything.

But no matter which system or info you find, if you let
it gather dust it will do you zero good.

You have to take action. Period. You have to be willing
to stick your neck out and fail. Period. You have to
care enough to keep plugging away until someone hires
you.

Then wash, rinse, repeat. Again and again and again.

Here's a real ornery suggestion: Spend that 10 minutes
you were going to spend writing a response to my post
here... instead... go write a sales letter postcard to
send out to some old customers to see if you can book
another gig for Christmas season.

That's a smart investment on multiple fronts.

--Jack
[quote]
On 2010-10-13 20:36, jackturk wrote:

Nevertheless...

you.

--Jack
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder Jack!

[quote]
On 2010-10-13 22:23, trickychaz wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-13 20:36, jackturk wrote:

Nevertheless...

you.

--Jack
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder Jack!
[/quote]

2 things I like about what you just said!

1. stick your neck out and fail
2. keep plugging away until someone hires you

Ok I'm out to work on post cards for Christmas...well be in touch Jack! Thanks for all you have done for my business!

Charles

[quote]
On 2009-11-11 14:53, curtgunz wrote:
Hi,

I'm sure many of you (like me) have purchased several marketing courses for magicians and entertainers and are always on the lookout for others who can really help your entertainment business.

I'd like to have just a friendly discussion thread.

Simple Question, "What are the top five marketing courses that YOU have used?"

Couple of things I think would be good for this:

First, there are a lot of good resources out there. This is just what you personally like. So why don't we agree to only talk about material we like and not bash anyone's stuff we don't care for?

Second, if possible please post a link to the site where the material can be purchased. If you haven't posted a link in a thread before the syntax is explained [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/faq.php#bbcode]here[/url]

I'm looking forward to hearing about a lot of good resources and of course I'll end up buying one or two. :clown:
[/quote]

First, I think it's important to know the market you want to enter, and then buy courses written by professionals that have walked the talk in that market. Buy a course or two..read...apply...monitor and track results of your marketing efforts, and then continue to invest in more courses related to that market..learn as much as you can pertaining to that market. Become an expert in that business... you will really like it when you get an e-mail from a potential client that says "you really seem to know what your talking about...what would your recommend for this or that" They come to you not for what you do, but for what you can do for them...you are the expert and they need your help!

[quote]
On 2009-11-20 23:52, solrak29 wrote:
I like Jack Turk's [b]Birthdays Shows Part Time[/b] and then you have the free
stuff that the rest of guys provide like the stuff you find on the Café' here
and or subscriptions (i.e. Eric Paul, Dave, Jack, etc..).
[/quote]

I purchased his course for just 35$ and love it!

[quote]
On 2010-06-22 18:36, Ed_Millis wrote:

I am NOT good on the phone, plus I don't have a lot of time to answer every phone call.

I am NOT good with typical "sales": finding the soft spot, setting the hook, overcoming objections, closing the trap - er, sale.

Ed
[/quote]

By saying you don't have a lot of time to answer every phone call...you are putting up a roadblock for your success. If you want to do shows part time, you should answer the phone on your lunch break.

Overcomming objections is a huge part of sales, and in the magic buisness you will get a ton of it! You are going to have objections no matter which marketing course you follow. Here is a good exercise...before you go into a market write down every conceivable objection that a client may have. Write an answer to how you will overcome that objection. You will be more confident on the phone because of the prep time you put into it.

Finding the soft spot...well this is kinda like hitting on your clients emotional hot buttons. You need to know what kind of things matter most to your client....for birthday mom's it's things like saving money, saving time, fun & safe party etc. Figure these things out on your spare time from work, and you will do much better in sales. Playing the market as a part timer, and sending out client evaluation forms will help you gain this knowledge.

Setting the hook... I can't really say that I use this, but you will know if they are interested in you. If they have an objection now is the time to answer it for them. Also, start an objection binder...keep track of all the objections you get throughout your part time venture. You should follow up with an e-mail and offer a discount, but always give a reason.

Closing the sale....take down the time, date, location, age, number of guest etc. Use Eric Paul's BEFORE, During & AFter The marketing never stops just b/c you have booked the gig.

Hopefully this was helpful to you ED.
If anyone's interested in picking up a marketing course or two for a really good deal, I'm selling several of mine. They've been immensely helpful to me, but I need to make room on my shelves. :)

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=386369&forum=78&0

Brian
★"During the last 4-months I have broken my previous record of 2-3 opt-ins per-day for more information to now averaging 4-5 opt-ins per-day @ http://www.DavidBreth.com/ - Ahhh, the fruit of DRM (direct response marketing)"★

**Please feel free to reply to this message if you have any questions (No Cost. No Strings. No Bait-N-Switch. No Hidden Agenda - Period)! or contact me http://www.DavidBreth.com/Help

P.S. For the naysayers (skeptics) feel free to follow-up by contacting the local magicians (in the Maryland area) I am consistently sending shows to them. I do not blame you for being on edge since most marketers are only attempting to sell you their next latest and greatest product... however when you search for their proof the only "proof" which seems to be available is from what THEY say.
Brian Lehr just posted this:

"Everything sold except for:

Magnetic Marketing by Dan Kennedy
Fundraising Magic (Deluxe Edition) by John Kaplan"

If you are willing to trade sweat for money then you are foolish not to own both of these courses!!!

P.S. I do not know Brian Lehr and we have never communicated (as far as I recall) so no this is not some sort of plug where Brian is giving me something to promote his post... I am simply saying for those of you who want to get more leads, sales and stay busy booking and performing more show and, And, AND for higher fees... get these two courses!!!
David, I've just finished a quick read of the last page or two of this thread, and I can see you've offered some great advice. No one has thanked you for your effort in helping readers of the thread, so I will:
Thank you for the time and effort you have put into contributing to this thread!
I will second what Vick has stated already. David is a great guy who is willing to share loads of information to those who want to take direct action upon themselves to seek their own success. I am also proud to call him my friend. He knows what he is talking about because he does not just talk the talk but walks the walk. EVERYTHING that he states he has perosnally done himself.

Kyle
MagiCol,

Thank you for thanking me. I do this because I truthfully ENJOY helping others succeed... not for praise or other monetary gain (I am not saying I do not enjoy and appreciate praise and monetary gain) - - If I was to die today I know I have accomplished more on this earth by selflessly helping others than if I was ONLY doing so for fame and fortune.

P.S. Yes, I charge for one-on-one coaching and consulting however this is separate from what I am posting here. I fully realize many reading these posts do not have the capital to pay my fees and for most if I can simply get you to see the way you market and advertise (approach) your magic business as this -a business... and possibly you will see fit to invest in courses like:

-Jim Snack
-Jack Turk
-Kyle Peron
-John Kaplan
-Etc.
**(No I do NOT get any compensation for endorsing these experts... I can only share what I know is 100% solid information based on the fact I have and use what they offer).

And if you too apply (Take action) you will see success!!!
P.S. Also read what Kyle Peron has to say in regard to marketing and advertising your entertainment business:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=390973&forum=44&17
Note: Kyle Peron's advice in regard to business cards: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=390880&forum=44&14
ATTENTION:
The posts in regard to anyone I am suggesting is NOT a tit-for-tat. I ONLY endorse those who actually do what they teach... so just because I may be friends with someone does NOT make it necessary for me to endorse their posts - - nor will I.
If you are interested in working fairs and festivals... here is something which can become a "gold-mine" for you!!!!

-Over 20 pages long
-A wealth of information

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=63668&forum=44
"10 Ways To Build Your Email List"

Give me 10-days (only a few minutes each day) and I will share with you what I personally do for my magic show / entertainment business and what you too can do to ["Grow Your Email List"] for more sales and bigger profits in 2011.

If You Are Teachable:
THIS WORKS NO MATTER WHAT BUSINESS YOU ARE IN – YOU CAN NOT PRESENT A BUSINESS TYPE / INDUSTRY TO ME WHERE THIS WILL NOT WORK – PERIOD.

["Grow Your Email List"] 10-Day, mini-Ecourse reveals "10 Ways To Build Your Email List" -Free

http://www.davidbreth.com/10-Ways-to-Grow-Your-Email-List.html

Get More Prospects and Customers

--
--
Wow, I started reading this post yesterday and finished it up now and there's tons of information here. For now, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed (david breth, jack turk, jim snacks, etc. etc.) I'm just starting to read up on marketing and there's tons of info in this topic that I plan to look into further.
I purchased the Jim Snack "Success In Magic" Course. It contained great material...it'll keep me busy for a while implementing these timeless principles. The Bronze version included a 30 min coaching session on the phone with him. In prep for the call, he reviewed my site and gave me some great feedback. Revisions, revisions...here I come. I really appreciated his professionalism and insight. I'm more educated, motivated, and in pursuit of doubling my magic income this year. Thanks Jim.
[quote]
On 2010-09-12 19:44, Vick wrote:
David,
You're embarrassing me ;-), that was shot with one camera just a few days after working with Joanie Spina

This is about the same but better and more stuff, I like it a little better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjliHmdhp0g

Here is a shorter version that zooms in a little more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyidNnyRpY

Bottom line is you have to deliver, a show, emotions, feelings, thoughts and something special for your audeince

Either in the show ... or in your marketing

or best ... in both

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 8:14pm
Now that I've protected my frail little ego ;-)

The VERY IMPORTANT point being made here is

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A QUALITY PRODUCT (show) to market

I watched 15 seconds of Jack Turk's video and knew he has something substantial of high quality there, he is reaching his audience

About the Gigmaster's thing, I have a good show to market, a quality product to delivery that I promote and stand behind. Gigmaster's ranking is by bookings, reviews and money earned over the past 6 months.
http://www.gigmasters.com/Search/Magician--MD.html

(yes it's true I have been booked twice as much as any other magician in MD, DC and VA this year)

I try to deliver an outstanding quality show every time out, for every client, every where. It's what they pay for and it's what I have to give

Here's a tip about marketing for you, it is easier to retain a client than it is to get a new one. I've already realized the customer acquisition cost with an existing client, they know me and my work, what they can expect.

It's also easier to gain new bookings at a show than it is to get them anywhere else, every show is a huge opportunity for new work
[/quote]

Great info, thanks. I just joined Gigmasters and did not realize that besides the membership fees, I now have a booking fee to deal with. Hope it works out. :cool:

Decomp
Anything new since then?
The only thing new from me is that I stopped offering the complete Success in Magic course in the Silver and Gold versions last fall in order to update the course. Then I separated it into downloadable PDF and MP3 files that are now available "ala carte" on my website. I may offer the complete course again sometime in the future, but it's not available at this time.

I did offer a "Complete Collection" disc at the Branson Magic Bonanza convention a few weeks ago for a substantial discount. It included everything updated from the original course as well as a number of items that were originally separate resources. There still have a Complete Discs few left over from the convention at the discounted price if anyone is interested.

Jim
After reading this thread a couple of years ago I decided to purchase your Gold version. I love it. I did see your discounted price of the "Complete Collection" on your website recently. Great discount.