(Close Window)
Topic: Some Coin Box routines from Manila
Here are some Coin Box routines that I enjoy doing. I hope this sparks some interest in this great prop and hopefully se and learn more stuff from you guys.

Having created quite a number of Coin Box routines.... I still find Roth's work on the slot box as one of the best routines. For those who have not read Roth's work on the box... I suggest you do. Mike Gallo has some wonderful and clever work on the box as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/manilaenforcer#p/u/39/T0tOHyPQv80
http://www.youtube.com/user/manilaenforcer#p/u/41/HiSz8dQssaI
http://www.youtube.com/user/manilaenforcer#p/u/42/0wQQJv4S2Eo
http://www.youtube.com/user/manilaenforcer#p/u/35/Ug7HSwfAFf0

I have streamlined these routines and will share them soon. The videos were taken some years back.

Bring those boxes out fellas!

Keep it fun and magical!

Rannie
Thanks Rannie. Very nice stuff there. I got a kick out of the Kanto Okito - very fast and very effective! I would imagine that the specs are astonished before they have a chance to even think about that one. :)

Is that a Roth Okito box?

Thanks!

Jim
Very nice!
Nice work. I'd like to learn the Okito Box once I have a better grasp at coin slights and vanishes.
THE MANILA ENFORCER AT HIS VERY BEST
Thank you rannie for sharing you have thake Okito box to the next level
the godfather
Nice work as always !!!!!
Your a keeper
Tim
[quote]
On 2009-11-11 15:52, J-Mac wrote:
Thanks Rannie. Very nice stuff there. I got a kick out of the Kanto Okito - very fast and very effective! I would imagine that the specs are astonished before they have a chance to even think about that one. :)

Is that a Roth Okito box?

Thanks!

Jim

Yes Jim! That was a Roth Box! Thanks for your kind words fellas!

Rannie
[/quote]
Yep, yep....very nice stuff. Good work Ran. ;)
He's a wizard with the coin box no doubt about it!

Rannie taught me a VERY cool bit with the Boston box when we first met that absolutely FRIED me and as far as I know I'm one of the few that he's so graciously shared it with! I need to dust my B box off and bring that one back out, it ROCKS!

MMc
Nice work Boss.

Just noticed in the last clip was that Roth and Rubinstein?
Where was that?

Thanks for sharing this..... your work is AWESOME!!! I always enjoy watching your stuff.

TC
Thank you TC! Yes that was David and Mike. It was in my home in Manila! That was a fun night indeed. I threw a going away and birthday party for David and Mike. All the important magic personalities were present. It was a lecture the Philippine magicians wont forget. These two gentlemen of magic are top notch! Wonderful human beings as well.

Mick.... see you soon Hermano!
Nice work Rannie. Love the box work.
Great work Rannie.
Amazing. My hat is off at the moment.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 21, 2009 12:27PM)
Great Stuff!
Still fighting to keep your title. Congratulation to "The Boss"
No need to fight for it Lawrence..Never had to... and its not even a title. Just a silly monicker since my childhood days. Just sharing some items that might re-spark some interest in the coin boxes.
Consider my interest "sparked" Rannie. It's a pleasure watching you perform. You rock.
Love it dude. Forgot about this thread!
Rannie,

Looked Awesome! The Enforcer with lightning fast hands with the four coins
on the mat at the end of the trick.I like the sound effects.
[quote]
On 2009-11-11 16:43, Rich Cupcake wrote:
Nice work. I'd like to learn the Okito Box once I have a better grasp at coin slights and vanishes.
[/quote]

I cannot recommend highly enough Okito 1-2-3 and Mystery Box by Tim Feher. I just got these a several days ago and they are not only great routines, but Tim gives lots of extras- handlings, thoughts on presentation, shows you things from different angles, etc. For someone like me who is still fairly new to magic, he has unlocked some of the mysteries for Okito box handlings and ideas.

Just the opener for Okito 1-2-3 was for me wonderful to learn- something that helps me see possibilites. While I may never be the greatest with an Okito box, these routines show me what can be done and really are very helpful.
Well worth the small cost!

They can be found using this link: http://vinnymarini.com/download/okito123.html

And rannie- what cool stuff!! Thanks for sharing it, inspiring!! Hope I didn't steal your thunder by mentioning Tim Feher's work!
No thunder was stolen 723sabre! The appreciation for the coin box was the thunder. Thanks for sharing your appreciation for coin box routines. Tim's routine is wonderful.

I have to mention.... MikPower's "Boston Masacre". Its a great routine as well.
[quote]
On 2010-04-16 16:38, 723sabre wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-11 16:43, Rich Cupcake wrote:
[/quote]

I cannot recommend highly enough Okito 1-2-3 and Mystery Box by Tim Feher. I just got these a several days ago and they are not only great routines, but Tim gives lots of extras- handlings, thoughts on presentation, shows you things from different angles, etc. For someone like me who is still fairly new to magic, he has unlocked some of the mysteries for Okito box handlings and ideas.

Just the opener for Okito 1-2-3 was for me wonderful to learn- something that helps me see possibilites. While I may never be the greatest with an Okito box, these routines show me what can be done and really are very helpful.
Well worth the small cost!

They can be found using this link: http://vinnymarini.com/download/okito123.html

And rannie- what cool stuff!! Thanks for sharing it, inspiring!! Hope I didn't steal your thunder by mentioning Tim Feher's work!
[/quote]

It's pretty hard to offend Rannie. He's as humble as he is skilled in magic. ;) I agree, I absolutely love Mystery Box by Tim Feher. Both of these guys are great.
Boss, nice routines that you share with us, I like them a lot, keep up the good work!!
Rannie, do you have some of your box routines in print or video somewhere?
Hey Rannie - great stuff! I think I've seen these before with the exception of the routine with Roth watching. Fun routines to watch!
Corbett,

My routines are not in print. I do include them in my lectures.

Doug, thank you for your kind words. I might be in San Diego in the last quarter of the year. Let's hook up and do some magic.
Rannie - definitely! Keep in touch as it gets closer to your arrival date.
Looking at your initial post again. I can only repeat my congratulations. These routines are both very creative and very deceptive.