(Close Window)
Topic: Where do you buy your balloons?
Message: Posted by: curtgunz (Nov 12, 2009 12:06PM)
Just looking for the best place to get balloons.

Where do you buy your balloons? (Please provide links)
Message: Posted by: Jestnjoker (Nov 12, 2009 01:25PM)
Curt,

Where are you located? I buy from Balloon Room, http://www.balloonroomonline.com, because the prices are pretty good and they are in Ohio with me, so even with standard shipping they always show up next day at my door. They also have good phone service and will call you if there are any back order issues with your order. You can also place your order over the phone.

-Jeff
Message: Posted by: Chris LaBarge (Nov 12, 2009 01:42PM)
LaRocks.com Good prices, fast service.
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Nov 12, 2009 02:59PM)
I did a lot of looking for teh best prices and great service and I found both!

http://www.balloonmerchant.com has the best prices.. They kill larocks and tmeyers. Balloonroom.. etc.. I looked everywhere. Even with there $100 discounts NO BALLOON WEBSITE has prices cheaper than balloonmerchant

http://www.balloonmerchant.com

They have also been in business since the 1960's Joe the owner is hands on kind of guy and even give free stuff away! If they don't have something you want Joe will buy it and start keeping it in stock for you! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!

How his prices are so dang cheap is beyond me.. They are 20-25 percent LESS than almost everyone else.
Message: Posted by: MagicB1S (Nov 12, 2009 04:11PM)
I also use Larocks service is great, Shipping is reasonable ( free over 150.00) and Prices are as good as anyone

Balloon Merchant did have better prices on there Balloons but there shipping was $40.00
Larocks shipping was about $7.95 Big difference
Message: Posted by: BIlly James (Nov 12, 2009 04:30PM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 15:59, Kevinr wrote:
I did a lot of looking for teh best prices and great service and I found both!

http://www.balloonmerchant.com has the best prices.. They kill larocks and tmeyers. Balloonroom.. etc.. I looked everywhere. Even with there $100 discounts NO BALLOON WEBSITE has prices cheaper than balloonmerchant

http://www.balloonmerchant.com

They have also been in business since the 1960's Joe the owner is hands on kind of guy and even give free stuff away! If they don't have something you want Joe will buy it and start keeping it in stock for you! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!

How his prices are so dang cheap is beyond me.. They are 20-25 percent LESS than almost everyone else.
[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!!
Message: Posted by: Ken Northridge (Nov 12, 2009 04:40PM)
I did a search on the Café about a year ago to find out the same thing and found out about LaRocks. I've been buying my balloons there ever since.
Message: Posted by: Cholly, by golly! (Nov 12, 2009 07:32PM)
LaRocks is where I get my balloons.

Super fast shipping!
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Nov 12, 2009 08:32PM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 17:11, MagicB1S wrote:
I also use Larocks service is great, Shipping is reasonable ( free over 150.00) and Prices are as good as anyone

Balloon Merchant did have better prices on there Balloons but there shipping was $40.00
Larocks shipping was about $7.95 Big difference
[/quote]

I checked it out even with shipping Balloonmerchant is less.

Plus they discount the entire order over $100
Message: Posted by: Magicsharpie1 (Nov 13, 2009 01:49PM)
Kevinr are you affiliated with balloon merchant? because you seem to be promoting them,but I do have to thank you for that. I never heard of them nor their prices until you mentioned it and I checked. Going to be making my first order with them soon.
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Nov 13, 2009 03:06PM)
Nope.. I am NOT affiliated with balloonmerchant.com at all. I discovered them because they advertise with banner ads on balloonhq.com website.

However, I currently spend $100-$150 dollars every month on twisting balloons

(This does NOT count when I get large balloon decor or sculpture jobs)

that's a lot of cost for supplies for me (mayeb not some of you guys) and I set out to find the best prices I could find WITHOUT loss of service. I Examined 25 places that sell balloons. I included the full costs (taxes shipping etc..) put it in an excel spreadsheet... No ones prices matched http://www.balloonmerchant.com beyond that there service is great as well. I asked them to sell 16 inch white hearts so I could use them for a Hello Kitty design and now Joe stocks them. I asked them to sell gray 646's and Joe the owner started selling them that very day!

Making a living balloon twisting is tough and the cost for supplies adds up and I just hope balloon merchant sticks around so I can keep saving money on balloons.
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Nov 13, 2009 03:59PM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 14:25, Jestnjoker wrote:
Curt,

Where are you located? I buy from Balloon Room, http://www.balloonroomonline.com, because the prices are pretty good and they are in Ohio with me, so even with standard shipping they always show up next day at my door. They also have good phone service and will call you if there are any back order issues with your order. You can also place your order over the phone.

-Jeff
[/quote]

A traditional *** of 100 balloons is $6.84 ZOINKS!

Most places are $4.34-$4.50

You could save a lot of money a year using Larocks or Balloonmerchant
Message: Posted by: Kevinr (Nov 13, 2009 04:01PM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 17:11, MagicB1S wrote:
I also use Larocks service is great, Shipping is reasonable ( free over 150.00) and Prices are as good as anyone

Balloon Merchant did have better prices on there Balloons but there shipping was $40.00
Larocks shipping was about $7.95 Big difference
[/quote]

This could because NC (larocks) is close to you than CA. (balloon merchant)
Message: Posted by: BIlly James (Nov 13, 2009 06:01PM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-13 16:59, Kevinr wrote:
[quote]

A traditional Ass of 100 balloons is $6.84 ZOINKS!


[/quote]


Zoinks?

Shaggy...is that you?



:)
Message: Posted by: greatscott (Nov 13, 2009 09:27PM)
I used to use Larocks, but I switched to balloons to you ( http://www.btydirect.com ) a couple of years ago. They have good prices, and I get great service from them. And, since they are located close to me, I get my balloons the very next day (mon-fri).
Message: Posted by: Jestnjoker (Nov 14, 2009 05:13AM)
I too have used BTY numerous times with good results.