(Close Window)
Topic: Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki
Hey folks-

Many have asked when Pinnacle will be available for purchase, and it is as of now, here at my website:

http://www.magicbuzz.net

A clip is also on the site, as well as a special purchase bonus that is for a limited time only.

Pinnacle is a penetration of a single rubber band through a borrowed ring, one strand at a time. I have gotten gasps on this one regularly.

A "special bonus" miracle finish has been added to the Pinnacle clip, too!

The evolution of this trick has taken a long trip to get here. I hope you support me with your interest/purchase from my website.

Thanks very much!

Russ Niedzwiecki

Russ
I just got a chance to check this out -- Great Job!

I will be getting one soon!
I went to the site and can't find the link for the demo.
On the main page click on the graphic for the Pinnacle, on the Pinnacle page the link is under the graphic.

Hope this helps!
Go to http://www.magicbuzz.net/
On the left hand side of the page, there is a link to the Pinnacle page, and once there you will find a link to view the actual clip.

Iain.
Sorry, but all I see is "One Rubber Band, One DVD."
Try this:

http://magicbuzz.home.att.net/NewIndexTest/Pinnacle.htm

and then click on the link.
Heres the link to the video file:

http://magicbuzz.home.att.net/images/Pinnacle.wmv
Russ, you made me almost have a heart attack, the bit where you literally threw it on made me fall out of my chair. I live in the UK and need a way of buying it from you!
Am I the only one who can't find the link?

Robert Sixx, I tried that page, but I see no link. Under the graphic there are only the words "One Rubber Band, One DVD."

What am I missing?

Ok, it is working now. Thanks for the help.

I just saw the demo. What the h***? I usually don't get too excited over the new releases, but this is great. I must have Just Passin Thru & Pinnacle. Wait a minute....I'm broke at the moment, so it will have to wait.
Can anyone tell me what codec this video uses and where to get it? When I try to play the clip Media Player goes looking for the codec but there's a download error every time.

Many thanks
If you get Windows Media Player 9, it has all the codecs (or so im told), and will play this.
Russ,

Just received "Just Passing Thru" today and it is fantastic! Now you've posted the video for "Pinnacle" -- WOW. I'm familiar with a number of ring on band penetrations, so I recognized some of the moves, but you've made them really clean and added elements that have me baffled. I had to order it immediately!!! Thanks for putting out quality effects at very reasonable prices! In fact your prices are probably too low. Keep up the great work and I look forward to adding Pinnacle to my list of favorites to perform.

- Britt
:wavey:
If you're not using Media Player 9, a window will pop up asking you if you want to download the new codec (I'm using Windows XP), click yes and it will automatically download - but the download site can be busy.

Passing through and Pinnacle are excellent - and those living in the UK - there's a special deal if you buy all 3 of Russ' products - he'll pay the postage!
I'm really struck by the response of this release. It is probably, of all that I have done, the little pet. It's satisfying to see it have such a great start!

I just received a note from Dean Dill, who recently received the full DVD demo. This is the testimonial quote he offered me which will be placed on the website soon:

"The routine is beautiful, I think you will agree. This will prove to be one of the best rubber band links to date."
Dean Dill

Again, I hope you can stop by http://www.magicbuzz.net and view the clip.

Thanks to everyone for the support you have given.

Russ Niedzwiecki :P
I agree. Its simply beautiful to watch. Imagine being able to do something like this! :) Pure eye candy.

Great job with this Russ!
As many of you know Simon Aronson has some wonderful work on the ring and rubber band penetration in his new book "Try The Impossible". I sent Simon an early preparation video for Pinnacle and Simon raved about this and advised he'd use it with his routine (be sure to also study Simon's routine). As Russ noted, this has been one of his pet routines so I was quite surprised when Russ finally expressed interest in releasing Pinnacle. Russ kept this VERY close and only showed it to a few select magicians. Michael Ammar saw this just before I did and I asked Michael what he thought. He raved about it as well. It's a fabulous impromptu piece (this and Lonnie Chevrie's impromptu Finger Thru Bill on Just Passin Thru are two top notch impromptu pieces). This is just a superb effect, extremely clever handling, very practical, etc. It's actually not that hard either. Russ and I spent quite a bit of time examining the routine so that when Russ filmed it he could ensure every aspect was taught as thoroughly as possible. So we really dissected this and Russ did a great job in the production/teaching. Russ also opted to once again give more value for the money and include his miracle finish that he typically reserves to smoke magicians.

Tim Trono
Sounds good, I have placed an order for pinnacle, does it come with any elastic bands?
Yes it does Andy.

Tim
Hey Tim,

I must say, you guys did a fabulous job with the layout. The Backdrop was amazing, and the layout of the DVD looked superb from what I saw in the demo. But, I bet the content will be even better!

:cool:
I don't beleive you guys!I think it is a camera trick!
Well,congratulations Russ-excellent job.Please keep inventing!
Russ, you are my new lord and master...

you think i'm kidding????

liam
The videography was produced by Thom Bell of Thom Bell Productions. He has been in the business for over 20 years, taking him all over the world, shooting mostly for corporate clients.

Before the shoot, I saw Thom bringing in some stuff that just didn't look like what would be needed in a shoot - but what did I know?

He was moving some lights around and putting them just so, while I stood looking at him, thinking "that doesn't look any different
than before."

After the first take, he asked if I wanted to see it, so we waited fo the download. I viewed the set in the monitor for the first time. THEN I realized what he was doing. I couldn't get over how great it looked.

Thom is just a Master at this stuff. I'm glad someone mentioned it. I'll be sure to let him know. Thanks for the compliment, Yousif.

Russ
Just bought Pinnacle and Passin thru. Hope they look as good as the videos. :band:
Russ Pinnacle is infact a name of a piece of Hardware & Software used for Digital Video Editng. After the past few posts this just struck me as somewhat an accidental coincidence.
BTW Pinnacle are highly thought of in this field. Although I think the question has been answered I would just like to clarify that the Rubber band is normal and any no.19 band can be used. If this is the case then expect another order very soon!!
Also I live in the UK how much P&P will you want to add?
For those who have waited for Pinnacle to be in stock- it is here!!! It got here a day earlier than I expected.

You can order now at:

I have finished all current orders, and they will be sent out first thing tomorrow!!

Thank you again for your comments on Pinnacle, and also Just Passin' Thru.

Russ
This looks really great.
Marko-

It's hard to really prove until you do it, but it really does look even better live!
Hi guys, Gordon here..

What I can say about pinnacle is that it is impromtu and great.

I saw the video and the write out. It is pretty good to get something like this that is visual and powerful. I might invest in this and add to my routine.

Great work.
My entire stock of Pinnacle has now been received. I thank you all for the patronage to date. I've been informed by others who have done this much longer than I, that the amount of sales reflects a big winner.

The first owners of the Pinnacle DVD may receive their units as early as today. I invite those that do to post, and let others know what you think. The posts here can reflect the hopes of an item to fufill the pre-delivery "text" presented by those who have seen the clips of both Pinnacle and also Just Passin' Thru. I'm extremely confident the new owners of these items will be pleased, and will feel that their purchases were more than worth it.

I appreciate the support.

Russ Niedzwiecki
I have asked this question a few times but seemed to get no response so here goes again: -
Is the rubber band normal in the sense that we can use our exsisting rubber bands to do the effect?
The only reason I am asking this is becuase Russ sells Special rubber bands through his site and also sends a rubber band with the DVD. THis leads me on to thinking that we will need to buy refills etc.. after buying the DVD.
Any Help is much appriciated.
Sybil, I believe it says in bold type on the web site that Pinnacle is gimmickless.
Does anyone actually have this and use it yet? Are you doing the killer finish? :-)
Outstanding, have watched and rewatched. Have no idea. Would be great in my ring and string routine, then just add a rubberband. Need to get this one.
Sybil... the bands Russ sells and those provided with the DVD are not gimmicked and any band can be used. These ones are just easier to work with much like Camirand's Elite bands.

Tim
I got this, and all I can say is:
READ MY REVIEW! :bigsmile:
Thanks Tim Trono and justanothermagician for help. Another thank you to Andy H for the review!!
I'd like to congratulate Russ on a spectaular invention. I have been watching the DVD and have the mechanics of the trick down after about 30-60 minutes (not polished and ready to perform though :-) ).

It's very simple, ingenious, looks great, is impromptu (which I love) and I can't wait to take it for a test drive!

In my opinion it's easily worth twice the price.

Chris
I got my Pinnacle the other day and I need to find the time to sit down and practise it. I did skim through the video to get a gist of the routine. Something that should be addressed is the use of the word "impromptu". Don't get me wrong. The routine is very good but if you want to do the "Miracle Ending" then it is not 100% impromptu. I only feel it is fair to say so. It looks amazing but it is not impromptu.
I got this yesterday, and all I can say is, [i]wow[/i].

Okay, I lied, I've got lots more to say...

This is just really, incredibly good. I hadn't seen the demo clip yet when I got the DVD, so when I watched the performance segment for the first time, I saw what all the fuss was about. This doesn't look like rubber band moves, it looks like magic.

In the past I've checked out ring-on-band routines by Simon Aronson, Dan Harlan, and Jeff Pierce. As a stand-alone routine, I think Pinnacle is the best of the lot. It's the most visual, the least fidgety, and for that matter, the easiest. There's no fishy setup that you need to direct attention away from, and the amount of finger contortion required is absolutely minimal. Also, although the routine is great as-is, if you already know some other ring and band routines, you'll probably start feeling the creative juices flowing as far as combining different moves together. (Example: As has been noted, the Miracle Finish is not impromptu the way it's presented. But think of that really nice sequence at the end where he seems to visually toss the ring back onto the band... now think of the Kenner and Pierce methods. Can they actually work together? Dunno, but I'm about to go find out when I finish typing this.)

The instruction on the DVD is crystal clear, with all the moves presented slowly, from different angles, and several times in a row -- so when you mess something up the first time, you won't have that awkward moment of clumsily trying to operate a remote control with a rubberband binding your hands together.

Someone, possibly on another thread, was asking about releasing this in print in addition to DVD. To me, if there's one thing that justifies learning magic from videos rather than books, it's rubberband magic. Even when it's written and illustrated as clearly as it can be, it's still a bear to get through, so I'm thankful Russ presented it as he did. About a year ago Simon Aronson told me he was considering making a DVD of his "Ringleader" routine, since it was so tricky to learn from the book. I had been hoping that he would, but now I'm afraid the marketability for it just went way down.

Bottom line: If you don't do a ring-on-band trick yet, but you want to, I'd say make it Pinnacle. If you already do one, get Pinnacle anyway and you'll learn some great new moves to incorporate.

Stellar job, Russ!

Quinn
I love this piece of magic. I have never been one who cares for this type of stuff. However my thoughts have dramatically changed. EXCELLENT JOB
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Quinn: Excellent review! Best one I've read for this DVD.
Will this be made available through UK dealers also? Not that I have a problem ordering from your site (well, apart from not having PayPal), but just wondered..?
Skinny Man-

Pinnacle will be available practically everywhere shortly, as the dealers will probably be getting theirs in hand by the end of this week/ beginning of next week.

I think

is currently the only place that has it in stock.

Russ
Just got this in today!

Only one thing to say -- EXCELLENT!

Great Job Russ!
:thumbsup:
Thanks for the responses you have given to the magicbuzz items. It would have appeared that I was paying off Quinn and Andy for the glowing remarks! Thank you Quinn, Andy, and for that matter, all of you who receive product and posted your thoughts. I think that both new items Pinnacle and Just Passin' Thru have been really satisfying to the buyers. Please keep the thoughts coming.

It's off to the IBM Convention this weekend. I sure hope I get to meet some of you there, as I will be taking part at the dealer's tables.

Be reminded, too, that I have prepared myself for orders to be taken on the fly at the show in Kansas City. I will be shipping directly from the convention to you if you feel the urge to press the PayPal button!

The response has been overwhelming! I cannot wait to meet with those face to face and gauge the reactions to Just Passin' Thru, Pinnacle and also Switch*a*roo. I will be setting up remotes in a few jackets so not only can I demonstrate the switch, but others can try it out, too.

I appreciate everyone's support to date. It has been a fabulous kickoff, and I believe especially that the new items, "Just Passin' Thru" and "Pinnacle"- seen live for the first time are going to be the buzz for some time. At least, I hope so!!!
Same here Reed. Thans Russ for changing my mind about such efects. And also a thanks to Troy Hooser's Charming Chinese Challenge. I have never seen such visual penetrations before. :yippee:
Ordered mine yesterday and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

GlenD
I thought it was pretty good but I still prefer Simon Aronson's 'Ringleader' myself. I was 'wowed' by the 'Miracle Finish' but unfortunately it is FAR from impromptu and I can't see any practical way to utilize it as a 'Finish' since that implies you'd first be able to perform the earlier phases - which due to the impromptu nature of the 'Miracle Finish' just wouldn't be possible.

Russ - if you disagree with the above, how about explaining to purchasers how you use your 'Miracle Finish' as an actual 'Finish' to the routine ???

Cheers,

Jamie.
Jamie, I don't know if that is possible without talking methodology. I have done it and Russ has done it (and fooled ME badly). You may want to contact Russ directly via PM.

Tim
As I posted in the JPT forum, Pinnacle is an amazing looking piece of magic. On its own it's a winner that I believe I will learn and use for a lifetime.

However, as others have mentioned, don't expect to use Miracle Finish with this effect. It's not a matter of impromtu vs set-up. Without saying too much, it just doesn't naturally make sense to use it with Pinnacle. If you're going to try to work it in with the Pinnacle handling, you may as well just use a Himber ring and perform a mindblowingly clean penetration effect from start to finish. As a completely separate effect, miracle finish is quite a beautiful thing.

Great Magic. 10 out of 10.
I watched this yesterday, and it is a great piece of magic. I agree with most of the reviews here. The Miracle Finish, while looking great, is going to be very difficult to do in real world situations. The rest of the routine is great. It is very deceptive, and the 1st, 3rd and 4th phases are just breathtaking. I found the 2nd phase slightly confusing, but maybe that is the magician in me that realizes its not really penetrating when a ring sits on the two bands. Once I have this effect mastered I'll start using it in shows, as it looks so great in Russ's hands. Great job!
-Oz :yippee: :bigdance:
I have to agree that this is extremely clever, and I also think that it's explained well.

I also have to be honest and say that I was disappointed. I purchased this before finding out that the "Miracle Finish" would be very difficult to do with a borrowed ring (I can think of a way to do it, depending on the kind of ring you borrow, but it would be extremely limiting) and before I realized how angly the "Miracle Finish" is. I do feel that the advertisement of this effect was deceptive with respect to the finish.

My advice would be to watch the video and to totally disregard the "Miracle Finish" to determine if the effect is worth it to you.

Don't get me wrong -- as far as ring and rubber band penetration effects go, this is extremely clever and strong, but it's the visual "Miracle Finish" that was the SOLE reason I purchased this and that's what resulted in my disappointment.

For a visual rubber band penetration effect, I think nothing beats "Ebony and Ivory," although the video on that is deceptive as well.

At the bottom line, I'd give this a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Regards, Larry D.

P.S. - I also received "Just Passin' Thru" and liked that much more! But that's a topic for another thread.
I'd agree with ozer that phase 2 isn't the clearest and cleanest phase to enjoy as a spectator. Furthermore, I didn't think it was clearly explained. I picked up on Phases 1,3, and 4 after just one viewing. However, after watching the explanation of phase 2 for the perhaps the 30th time, I still don't know exactly what Russ is doing.
Although I also love the main effect, I agree with Platt. There should have been an "over the shoulder view" of each phase, especially with rubber bands going all sorts of directions. Watch the Dan Harlan rubber band videos, and see some fabulous views, as he makes his hands look like yours from your viewpoint. :bg:
This is the best $20 I have spent in a long time. Kudos to Russ on this one. Awesome effect.

Also, I think people are being too hard on the miracle finish. I think there is a way to work this into the routine. I intend on buying a ring for this and not necessarily borrowing one, in which case, after a short examination and pause, you can set up to finish with a miracle.

You know the spectator will ask you to do it again after you pocket the items, or you can just offer to show it to them again. That is a practical method for the effect; although in most instances you can't use a borrowed ring.

Miracle finish aside, if you don't know this one, buy this video. I watched and tried to figure this one out and I couldn't do it. Heck, even some of us have to watch over and over just to understand the mechanics once we see the secret.

This will become a sure classic. Thank you Russ!!!!!
I too have just received Pinnacle and have thoroughly enjoyed the routine. Russ has done an outstanding job with this.

I must also echo the sentiments of those who found phase 2 a bit difficult to follow. I had to watch this part of the DVD over and over again and play around with the fingering a bit on my own until I finally figured out the correct finger positions. I picked up the rest of the phases fairly easy.

All in all, I've found this effect to be a great impromptu miracle. I'm trying to work on a good presentation for this great effect as I continue to practice it. With some great patter it will be a jaw dropper. :wow:

Thanks for sharing this, Russ.
I have heard all the good comments and I KNOW this is a great effect, but nevertheless I am still disappointed as the main reason for buying the product was because of the miracle finish. It was a dilema between this and Russ' JPT which I really love as well because I'm pretty broke right now. I should be receiving my DVD in a day or two and I'm sure I'll love it. The other penetrations in Pinnacle are great and visual as well! Thanks for this amazing contribution Russ! Great work!
At the end of the basic PINNACLE routine you can go into THE JOINING. Where at the end the borrowed ring appears to be on the band and the volunteer gently pulls down on thier own ring and it seems to melt right off the band. Also you can immediately hand them the band too if they ask to see it.
I now use a 3 set of rubber band tricks, those being the following, they seem to follow each other very nicely!

CMH
Pinnacle
Broken and Restored Rubber Band

A great 3 set of rubber band impromptu tricks
Hello again-

I've just returned from the IBM Convention in Kansas City, and I must confess, those of you who have either posted or viewed this thread can be assured you are getting a winner- in both "Just Passin' Thru" AND "Pinnacle."

Sales at the booth far exceeded my expectations, even though I left a day and a half before the end!

To see the posts, and the positive comments here on the board have been very satisfying and motivating. But adding the dimension of performing these effects live, and seeing the reactions has been very flattering. I am now convinced more than ever, that these effects have been wholly embraced by other magicians.

There were countless times people pulled their friends over to the booth to see what was being talked about. And numerous other times where people came, describing to me, the chatter building about these effects away from the dealer tables.

I thought about this board, and those that have viewed the posts about JPT and Pinnacle. I wish I could demo these live for you to see just what others have now seen. The clips look great, don't get me wrong. But getting feedback that they even look better LIVE is really testimony to a couple of pretty darn good tricks, and from those who own these, and have confirmed the same here on the Café.

For those who enter this post new to the thread, please view the videoclips of these effects at:

I wish I could have made it to the SAM convention coming up (darn!).

But rest assured, the first convention for me was nothing but a huge success!!

Thank you for your continued support of these items. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Russ
HEY! I just watched and practiced pinnacle and love it!! I did phase one and two on a bus while standing and could see people's eyes pop out. Haha... thank you so much Russ. This effect is so visual and strong, you don't need the miracle finish! That'll just be a bonus. Very nice work on this straight forward, impromptu, and visual effect!
Ok, I just got this yesterday and I think it rocks! It will take about a week to get comfortable doing this.

I had the toughest time with phase 2, which I thought was not explained completely. Russ put all the emphasis on the left hand movement, but did not explain how the right hand should adjust. So I must have replayed phase 2 about 10 times with rubber band in hand before I caught on to what was going on.

Other than that, this is a high quality product that I am glad I purchased. I still can't believe how visual it is. I feel that I will use this item a lot. It is a perfect follow-up to CMH.

PS - the included rubber bands were icing on the cake. Thank you Russ for providing them. They seem indestructible!
Thanks Huron and Cardguy,

The reactions I have constantly received is that Pinnacle is like real magic. How can the impromptu be done with a borrowed ring? Though I am sure there will be spinoffs from these concepts, the simplicity of the handling makes it look extremely clean.

I believe, too, that phase 2 requires the most work. But when you catch on to it, phases 1, 3 and 4 are cake. Describing it in text would be tough. Even visually, it can take a little time before you say to yourself, "oh, ooooooooooookaaaay! Got it!"
Even working with those at the IBM Convention, it just is one of those things like riding a bike. How can you possibly have that thing on two wheels race down the sidewalk? Until you do it!

And for $20 ?? You get one of those that you will be doing forever.

Russ
I agree with you Russ! This routine is SO strong and so visual, not forgetting so simple! I watched it yesterday and I'm performing it already. I showed it to a friend today with a slightly different handling and he freaked out big time! He was like ' OH ****!' for every single phase. It was really funny and it's a really fun routine to perform. =) For phase three, I don't snap the band with my finger, but with the ring, which I find extremely visual as well. For phase four I let the spectator pull on the ring to 'melt' it off. Beautiful routine! Lovely work! You'll fool yourself with this one. Thank you so much Russ! :goof:
Huron-

That Phase 4 penetration you mention with the spectator taking the ring off the rubber band sounds pretty cool! I will have to try that one soon.

The snapping off of the band in Phase 3 can be done either way you mentioned. Whatever you feel comfortable with, and whatever you think is most visual, go for it.

Either way, the audible penetration is a nice focal point for spectators, because if they feel in any way that the penetration happened quickly, they've also heard the penetration. It then makes Phase 4's slow, visual finish even stronger.

Some of you have begun to express your progress with Pinnacle, and the reactions you have gotten. Thanks for the postings.

It would be interesting to hear from others lurking about. If you have begun to perform this for others, and you have the time to, please post and give a quick report of your experience.

Thanks
Russ Niedzwiecki
Russ,

Just bought Pinnacle this past weekend. Great trick. Very practical. I have been playing around with it so much that my fingers are very tired. I haven't showed it to anyone other than my wife as I would like to give it more practice before doing so. I can say however that my wife absolutely loved it. I think that the only downside to the effect is trying to figure out exactly what is done in Phase II. I must have watched it at least 10 times before I was able to figure out what the move was. That having been said, it is a wonderful effect and I highly recommend it to anyone that is willing to give it the practice that it deserves.

Brandon
Brandon-

Happy to hear you (and your wife) like the effect.

Yes, it is phase 2 that will take the most time. It was expected that few would learn it instantly. Thank goodness for DVD's.

Some have mentioned that the phases are repeated on the DVD several times. It was intended this way, so that even while you can quickly replay it by handling the remote, you can keep on with where you are at in the routine, see it again, and not lose your positioning.

Hopefully, it will make most viewers get the knack in a shorter time.

Russ
Sorry for the public post, guys--Russ, did you get the e-mail I sent you a couple weeks ago about this?

Send me a PM or an e-mail :o)
Russ Niedzwiecki is the Jay Sankey of the new century. What a GREAT thinker and Great products.

I ordered from his website and it was here IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! What a class act!!!

Chris
[quote]
On 2003-07-18 22:25, MagicChris wrote:
Russ Niedzwiecki is the Jay Sankey of the new century. What a GREAt thinker amd Great products.

I ordered from his website and it was here IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! What a class act!!!

Chris
[/quote]

I didn't think Sankey was that great. As for this DVD, I thought it was horrible.
JackTheRipper, I don't know of anyone else who shares that view about Pinnacle. Can you explain specifically what you didn't like?
Larry is right. If you are going to post a negative or positive review state why. This will enlighten everybody else why you didn't like it.
JackTheRipper, I'm sorry, but I do not share your opinion at all ... nor do I think you even own this DVD ... because if you did, you would know it is [b]spectacular[/b].

Great job Russ!

Jason
Guys, I think that from the complete absurdity of those two statements he had to be joking, he just didn't throw in a smiley or what-not to put emphasis on the humor. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Jakks

By the way, I have not yet purchased this DVD, but it is on my A List. Just out of curiosity, could any of these ideas be used as a linking bands routine?

I plan to use it as a band and ring routine, but I have used Kenner's linking band routine for a really long time and with the extreme visual nature of Pinnacle and non permanent linking I just thought it might be spiffy to attempt to incorprate a linking band effect into the routine using the methods provided with the DVD.

Jakks
I received my copy of Pinnacle and I love it. I've given it a once over and this week I am going to sit down and work on it. It's brilliant. I'll be posting a full review over at http://www.sleightgeek.com later this week.

Jakks, I'll let you know if the moves can be done with two rubberbands. From my initial viewing I would say that the answer is probably not. You may be able to "port" some of it to two rubberbands, but these moves are designed around a ring and a band (I hope I did not reveal too much there??).
Pinnacle is a Ring and Band routine. You wouldn't be able to properly do this with two bands and you wouldn't want to.

-T :fyi:
That's what I thought. I still have plans to buy this, but I was just curious as to know if any of the moves could be converted to use with another rubberband.

Jakks
Message: Posted by: WanderingMagician (Jul 23, 2003 07:16AM)
The rubberband you use for the main Pinnacle effect is not gimmicked, nor is the ring, so yes use whatever rubberbands you want. The DVD mentions that the rubberbands included have a high rubber content so are extra stretchy, but I've done this with common or garden rubberbands and provided that they are big enough the effect works fine.

This effect is absolutely fabulous. I'd played around with the linking ring effect in the Magic of Micheal Ammar book a few years back and struggled a bit with the moves. This variation is better, more routined (4 phases), and explained on film. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time and well, well worth the money. Having learned it I'm going to use this and I reckon that it'll be in my repertoir for life.

To those that have previously complained that the miracle finish is not impromptu, you are trying to find fault in a really good product. Forget about the miracle finish, the other phases are strong enough on their own.
I have to agree with WanderingMagician.

I have performed Crazy Man's Handcuffs for like, probably 5 years or more and was looking for something to enhance my rubberband arsenal, [b]Pinnacle[/b] was just the weapon I was looking for.

Little did I know that Russ was from Michigan (I'm from Ann Arbor, Russ, but currently live near Lansing). I'm that much more happy I made this purchase knowing he is a fellow Michigander ;)

But on to the routine. [b]Very well thought out[/b]! I have been carrying a rubberband with me everywhere I go while I practice the move (granted, I'm still 'mastering' Phase I). I'm loving every second of it!

Great work, Russ. As for the Miracle Finish? Bah, you don't need it, [b]seriously[/b].

If you haven't bought this DVD yet, you're missing an incredible DVD.

Jason
I can only add my endorsement for another fine offering by Russ. Beautifully routined, easy to get into, very visual and convincing handling. The DVD is very well produced, and his instructions are crystal clear. Great work!
Yes, Pinnacle is a must get, but let me tell you why. I met Russ at I.B.M. this year where we shared a dealer's booth together. I can tell everyone on this board from first hand experience that this trick kicks butt and yes it is very practical. I saw the reactions to this effect for days on end and this was for magicians that are suppose to be in the know. Their jaws were dropped open on almost every demo Russ did. And he did a lot. Can't say enough about the trick or Russ himself. Get it from Russ at http://www.magicbuzz.net Lance
Thanks Wandering Magician (cool picture- is that to scale? ha!)- and also Magicat, just about 70 miles away!....

Those new to this post can view the Pinnacle clip at:

Any rubber band can be used, and a borrowed ring in the 4 phase impromptu. The Miracle Finish received some postings here, and I would like to clarify- yes, you don't need to do the Miracle Finish. I have used it for particularly special times, and it has really killed. We felt the reactions were so good, it should be 'experienced' by others via the videoclip, and possibly sprout some new unique ideas.

But the 4 phase impromptu is the one EVERYONE will be doing. Wrap a rubber band around your wrist, and you are ready to go!

I have requested a second DVD printing of Pinnacle last week. They are selling at lightning speed. Thank you so much for all of the positive responses on this board, and for those who have Pinnacle, I hope you continue to post your experiences with it.

Russ Niedzwiecki

Scott and Lance-

Thank you for the posts also! I stepped away from my last post before submitting.

Yeah, Lance, you saw it a few times in Kansas City, didn't you? Just like I saw others admiring your coin work.

Get ready, everyone- if you haven't heard the name Lance DeLong 'til now, get ready, and keep your eyes peeled. He has done some magnificent work with coins, and you will want to know more about his other work as well. Time will tell.

Russ Niedzwiecki
This is a great effect and I was able to get all the moves down after watching the DVD 2 times. One of the best out there. If you don't have it you don't know what you are missing. For the price this is a steal.
Steve
Does anyone know how to get the Video of Pinnacle to Work? Don,
Just put it in the DVD player and hit play. It should work.

Or, more likely you are talking about the online demo....I'm not sure, what error does it give you?

Jakks
I mean on his website.
Just go to Penguinmagic.com and go to their demos page and watch their demo for it.

Jakks
I tried that. Penguin has something different.

If this trick is as great as Russ's Help The Creator, I'll say its a darn good trick. The only problem for me is I can't get the video to work and my local magic shop doesn't have it. Don,
Just watched Pinnacle and have to say it is the best ring and rubberband I have seen to date Russ. Everybody that likes rubberband magic should get this . Thanks for sharing this great effect with us Russ. My rating 10/10
I watched this DVD yesterday from begining to end.

Phase 1, 3, and 4 I understood after one viewing. I had to watch phase 2 about 7 or 8 times before catching on. Now, it's time to just practice, practice, practice!

Thanks Russ for releasing such an incredible effect!

Regards,

Evan
I agree. I love this effect!
Phase 2 is the hardest phase. One thing I found that made phase 2 easier is to make the move with the hands as you are bending back and showing the ring. When the ring is bending back it is easier to change the fingers with each other.
Steve
100th post, and 78th saying this is great! The second phase wasn't as difficult as some people said but the DVD is great overall.

Jakksb
This trick is not that difficult to do with Russ's explanations. A little pratice and anybody can learn it in a short time.
Magicbyswh-

I'm not sure Pinnacle owners followed your find, but YES! that DOES work! Nothing at all is lost in the visual. It may make it even a little MORE visual, and it loses nothing in interpretation while getting ready for the finish of phase 2. I think that little tip was big! Thank you!

Thank you all again for the great comments- hawk, mattpuglisi and Evan. Dr. Jakks, etc., there seems a consensus that Pinnacle rocks, and it really does! I have one request for you new owners.

It may be exciting to want to share the method with others, even a tiny bit or piece. I hope that your purchase confirms your commitment to retain this information. It value is worth more than a casual chat to reveal, and then you will have the strongest piece of magic in your community by doing so, while respecting the other owners.

Thanks again for the huge support!
Russ Niedzwiecki
Actually, I followed exactly what he said, as I came up with the same idea myself in trying to make the transfer in phase two. It is a good idea.
ok so... today i'll order my pinnacle, or JPT.

I'd like to know if pinnacle is ANGLE SENSITIVE... :thanx:
NastyD,

I just spent a day at Abbott's Get-Together in Colon, Michigan, and I performed Pinnacle with people surrounding me. Because of the nature of the effect, I am sure some got a better view than others. But I had little concern as to whether it was playing well or not because of it's effectiveness to be performed from multiple angles.

Hope that helps!

Russ Niedzwiecki
I had actually wanted to lay off purchasing this DVD till the end of August...

but four pages of RAVE REVIEWS is simply TOO MUCH!! Add that to the fact the creator of the effect is RIGHT HERE in this forum giving comments, saying thanks, etc...it's simply IRRESISTIBLE.

I'm buying it now...and I mean: NOW.

Thanks Russ, for this wonderful creation. :)
There are a couple of videos of people performing Pinnacle at http://www.sleightgeek.com .

Look for them in the Video Sharing forum.
Just gotta say how much I love this trick...THANK YOU RUSS....only complaint is Phase 2 being confusing...but don't worry I got it down :bg:
Thanks O. Silvester-

I'm doing what I can to respond as best I can to everyone, which has not always been easy with the numbers of e-mails and PM's received. Still, a lot of fun.

Pinnacle and JPT both have been seeming to gain momentum as time progresses. Seriously folks, these items are RED hot. We have gone to a second printing of Pinnacle (I predict a third, probably in September), and Murphy's sells the JPT's the moment they receive inventory. Don't know what to say but THANKS for all the support, and choosing to spend your hard earned money on these effects. Hope you enjoy them for a long, long time!

Russ Niedzwiecki
Great job Russ! I love to carry a deck of cards and a few misc. tricks with me at all times. Pinnacle is such a great effect, and I can bring it with me anywhere.
:bikes:
With the divorce rate so high these days, it's nice to see a product like Pinnacle come along. Because of Mr. Niedzwiecki's routine, I think there will be more guys looking for a reason to keep a ring on their finger at all times! :bg:

I only had to watch the DVD a couple times to get the handling down. The moves were much easier than the previous posts had led me to believe, especially the dreaded Phase 2. Of course, it will take me some time to get them down fluently and smoothly, but it's the kind of thing that you can practice almost anywhere and anytime. Great job Russ!
Thanks FZandura for the compliment.

And Pangea- about keeping rings on your fingers:

I have lost my wedding ring, probably a half dozen times in the past few years, all due to playing with Pinnacle. Right now, I can hear the pitch the ring makes as it drops onto a floor, 'ting.....ting..ting."

I can also hear my wife saying (many times), "you're going to lose that darn thing!"

I still have mine, but... to avoid a family blowout......

Suggestion- if you are married, and want to remain married, you may want to practice Pinnacle with a cheapie ring, not the GOOD one.

Russ
Hmm, that's a good idea, I might have to get a cheap ring to practice with. I have been using my wedding band all the time for Pinnacle. I have not had any close calls yet, but all it takes is one and I am on the couch for a month! :lol: Actually, now that I think about it, I have been practicing in the mirror a lot, in the mirror that is over the SINK in the bathroom. That's not a smart move.

Anyway, that's some good advice, be careful with those wedding bands fellas!
Especially at the beginning, a wedding band or something like one, is the way to go. Then, as you get comfortable, you can begin to utilize 'other shaped' rings.

I've done Pinnacle with a bunch of different rings, but really big, odd shaped rings- though you can work with them- can pose additional challenges. This is why its best to begin working with a wedding band-type ring.

Russ
You can also swap the last phase for Ringleader and
get that awesome final show and release instead of
(basically) repeating the first phase.
While most people had trouble with phase 2, I picked it up immediately. My problem is getting my fingers out of the way in phase 3!!! Really, this is great material. I don't know that it fits in with anything I do, but I will keep it warming on the back burner for future use. My compliments, Mr. Russ!!!!
gforster, I am similiar to you in that Phase 2 was very easy for me to learn, but I still can't get my fingers out of the way in Phase 3 when going from 3 fingers to one. One idea I was working on is on;y using 2 fingers instead of three, then I only have to remove one finger instead of two when switching into Phase 4. Did that sound confusing? Well, if you have Pinnacle than I am sure you get what I am saying (I hope).
Glad to hear you guys are working through the routine together. To help aid, please PM me with additional questions, and I will try to take you through it.

I'm a little suprised by the phase 3 thing. When you do it for so long, you can't imagine some of the hang-ups. I think you'll both see it is pretty easy---once you get it down. But then, isn't everything?! :)

Russ Niedzwiecki
Well, the phase 3 thing is not a real big problem, I am just trying to perfect my moves. I can switch from 3 to 1 finger, but there is a slight snapping of the band when I do it (my middle and ring finger getting caught on the band as I retract them). That is what I am trying to avoid. So, it's not a real problem or roadblock for me, just a point I am trying to fine-tune.
Yep, Pangea, I understand perfectly. I can do it, just not smoothly. I tried working through the phase three alternate handling, but got slightly confused. I guess I could watch it 10 more times. Anyway, it gave me some great ideas for other things. Again, thanks Russ.
Just as a note, this coming week, I will likely arrange plans for a THIRD printing of Pinnacle. Those of you that know about DVD printing minimum orders, this means the volume has been extremely good. Thank you all that have supported the effort. It's also been really great to make some new magic friends along the way. Please PM me if I can be of assistance.

Russ Niedzwiecki

If you have had even a remote interest in Pinnacle, you may want to visit my website:

There you will find a special deal I will be trying out for a while.

And if you haven't yet seen the videoclips, they are on the site as well.

Russ Niedzwiecki
I've had the DVD for quite some time now and can do the effect. Overall I like it..I am not sure about it's magicial impact though, maybe some ideas on presentation would be of help.

Russ, I can't help but think that phase 2 is too hard to understand for spectators. I've never had anyone say anything but I think they just don't really know or could see exactly what happened.

Damien. :nana:
Message: Posted by: NotYourAverageJOE (Apr 17, 2012 09:51PM)
I really like this effect. I use this as the finally to my band routine. I perform this regularly.
Best impromptu effects with spectators ring.
After all these years, I still do this effect and people love it. Very visual.

caL
Lately I have been doing it with spectators own hair ties and rings.
Works great if you don't have anything on you and people want to see some magic.
[quote]
On 2012-04-17 22:51, NotYourAverageJOE wrote:
I really like this effect. I use this as the finally to my band routine. I perform this regularly.
[/quote]

Way to bring back a 9 year old thread. :applause:
I don't see the problem ;)
Penguin just sent this out in a promotional email 8 years later.
Oldie but goodie
Looks very convincing. Bought it from penguin. Not hard or knuckle busting....just need to practice to get it smooth.